[Complete] Inform room when action/mood changes

Ideas that have been discussed, approved, and are awaiting implementation.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Empheba

Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:28 pm

Actions are a great way to show more permanent stances in a room, such as position and activity. It is very useful for people entering a room, but it is also useful as a secondary, word-less emote for people in the same room.

I thus suggest that action changes be echoed to the room, for example within [...]:

> action stands by the door

[The cool dude stands by the door]

> action is sitting by the bar

[The cool dude is sitting by the bar]

UPDATE: Following Clockwork's suggestion, there is no reason why this shouldn't be the case for moods as well:

> mood {rThe room is on fire!{x

[Mood has changed]:
The room is on fire!

Empheba
Last edited by Empheba on Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:37 pm

How many people agree/support this? How many would find it unnecessary spam they'd rather not see? Thanks!

Another

Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:42 pm

I'd like to see it.

Clockwork

Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:59 pm

I'd like to see this for mood as well. Need to decide if I like this for action - maybe allow the action-er to have a choice between action and muteaction, in case they DON'T want to call attention to a particular action?

Zeita

Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:18 pm

I'd like to see this in place as well; it makes sense to me- also, if Player A updates their action, with B and C seeing it, it should encourage them to keep theirs up to date as well. Often times, I find that people will set an initial reaction and then just forget about it.

Thanks,
-Ch

Empheba

Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:52 am

Clockwork wrote:I'd like to see this for mood as well. Need to decide if I like this for action - maybe allow the action-er to have a choice between action and muteaction, in case they DON'T want to call attention to a particular action?
Moods are not changed as often as actions, but I agree moods should be echoed too -- I have several times had to inform people with osay so as to let them know the mood of a room has changed. It is a natural way to offer a global comment on the general state of a room.

> mood {rThe room is on fire!{x

[The mood of this room has changed:]
The room is on fire!

Having a mute option is a nice idea. Not sure how often when it would be relevant from a RP perspective though (relevant IC, sure, but if your action dictates that you are not drawing attention to your actions, should not others in the room honor that anyway, same as with any emote?). I'd imagine an action made while hidden/sneaking is always mute.
Empheba

• Information