Quick- finish consumables

Ideas that have been discussed, approved, and are awaiting implementation.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Empheba

Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:24 am

I suggest a quick RP way for finishing off food stuffs.

eat fast <food>
drink fast <drink>

This will immediately finish off the food/drink and give the "you finish off <...>" message.
For code purposes, doing it this fast way will mean basically "wasting" the food and be equivalent to eating only once.

I see this primarily for use in RP eating situations, where spamming eat/drink messages just gets silly, especially since you don't really know exactly how many times you have to do it before it's gone (looking in it just gives a rough estimate).
Empheba

Dice

Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:35 am

Yes, absolutely!

Though I might propose a couple changes:
1) eating fast would get you all of the MV back; why not? You did pay for the item (or somebody did!)

2) It would be nice to have a version of drink where you could drink 10 fountain, for example, and that be the equivalent of drinking 10 times from the fountain. The spam, it is awful. (Drink fast fountain wouldn't work cause... well, you can't/won't drik the whole fountain. Hopefully?)

Empheba

Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:27 am

@Dice

Not having used the food code explicitly for regaining MV, I thought there might be some sort of time restraint involved in eating that made fast-eating "cheating" maybe (never been in combat, so don't know). If not, by all means, get all the advantages in one go!

Good point about the fountain. Being able to do 'eat 5 meatloaf' without any spam might not be a bad idea either actually. Maybe even more flexible than just a 'fast' flag since you'd then just do 'eat <large number> <food>' and be guaranteed to finish it off in one echo while retaining the ability to divide your meal/drink in as small echo chunks as you like when RP:ing.
Empheba

• Information