[Complete] Awakening - Sacrifice

Ideas that have been discussed, approved, and are awaiting implementation.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:50 pm

Remove latency and replace it with a sacrifice command. When killing somebody with a sacrifice command, you can get magery, and perhaps some of their skills.

Lei
Discord Handle: Lei#3876

Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:57 pm

Holy crap that's terrifying. I love it. Extra points for sacrificing a virgin, I say. ^^
Old As Dirt

Kinaed

Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:51 pm

Syntax: Sacrifice <name>

Sacrificing is one of the few ways one can become a mage in-game after creation. Sacrifice <name> only works on other player characters, but will facilitate the breaking of the barriers that prevent one from accessing Urth's supernatural forces. When sacrificing another player, if the other player is a mage, one will gain some small portion of their magic skills in addition to the magery flag.

After the first sacrifice, in which the newly born mage awakens him or herself, subsequent sacrifices will provide a small bonus to their magic skills based upon the magic skills of their victim.

---
Imm Stuff will contain messages and so on - any suggestions for messages? What does it look like, and what is involved, in a TI sacrifice?

Caria

Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:59 pm

I'd say this should be ok... except this should permanently force the sacrificing person to follow the more evil path of learning and prevent them from using the other more peaceful methods. Get the truely evil mages we all know and love/hate.

Serrah

Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:44 pm

I am all for this idea. I believe that a regular knife should be transformed into a sacrificial knife at that point, which can be used for some magical crafting if we ever get to that. Again, I really like this idea as an alternative to awakening, which can often be very frustrating (OOCly and ICly).

Onasaki

Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:59 pm

I like this.

Kinaed

Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:28 am

I have turned a doco in to Az to explain how it works, and it will be his next project after combat.

I guess I should update the priorities thing...

• Information