NPC Run Events

Ideas that have been discussed, approved, and are awaiting implementation.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Myrella

Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:31 pm

This is a suggestion to help with many cyans stating it is hard to find RP. It has been suggested that players keep whererp on more, but there are a whole host of reasons why a player may wish to have theirs off (busy doing something else in the mud like board posts, or crafting, or needing to ICly stay covert, or well loads of reasons.)

One thing that I think draws RP quicker than having your whererp on, is having whererp show a big number. Events draw people of all races and classes, and are always a lot of fun. But they do require some setup and scheduling, and it's not easy to have events going on all the time.

But what if there were some automated events? I don't intend for these to replace regular player run events. In fact, I'd imagine they'd feel like a tier lower than a palyer run one. But if there were frequently and consistently events going on that drew characters together it could give cyans another obvious place to RP and might even help instill a better understanding of theme.

Here are some examples I've come up with.

An NPC run Mass every Votumas. An NPC priest comes out in the cathedral (and/or all chapels) and spouts off one of a few prewritten sermons. Might even be based on some metrics. More fire and brimstone the lower piety gets.

A weekly Market every Circadi in one of the squares. NPCs hocking random items from NPC shops at a minor discount (10-15%?) Would still be more expensive than getting a player crafter, but would be worth waiting for a market and purchasing in front of other characters to save a few coins.

One random day a month, an NPC reeve punishes an NPC criminal at river square. Nothing major like capital punishment, but some lashes, some fruit thrown at people in stocks etc.

One random day a month, a sporting event at the arena. Jousts and or chariot races with the opportunity to gamble on them. That place is underused.

Those three alone, with the 1:3 time scale (it's 1:3 right?) means that there's likely to be something going on about every OOC day.

Thoughts?

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:07 am

I love this idea, just need the time and energy to implement it or something like it.

If other people have ideas or suggestions to add to this list, please post them!

AlwaysShunny

Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:25 pm

I really like this idea. I've never seen the Kissing Festival hosted before, and think that having it be an automated NPC run event could be cool.
the lord of the springs is king dav father

• Information