Additions to Embellish Command

Ideas that have been discussed, approved, and are awaiting implementation.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Vee

Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:17 pm

As I brought up at the latest OOC meeting, I would very much like for vials of scented oil to be added to the list of things we can embellish crafts with so that scented handkerchiefs, gloves, etc. could be something supported by the code. I know there was a call for an @smell to be added to crafts right after I made the suggestion, but I'd just like to reiterate that I'm just talking about it showing that it's scented when you appraise it and then you can tool the item appropriately. I don't see anything wrong with adding the scent to the extended.

I would also like to be able to embellish tailored crafts with fur. For example, a wool cloak with a bit of fur trim about the hood would be something that should be feasible to make, but right now the code doesn't support embellishing with fur pelts.

(In light of this, I would appreciate an official staff response on how tailors should approach this conundrum in-game. Should we just embellish with embroidered trim for now and tool it as fur?)

I'm sure there are other things out there that could stand to be added as embellishments, but these are the only two I've come across so far in my random crafting attempts.

• Information