Keywords used with the READ command

Ideas that have been discussed, approved, and are awaiting implementation.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Livia

Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:58 pm

With the new WRITE polca, objects are given standard keywords based on the type of item they are, e.g. board, ledger, paper.

It doesn't matter what keywords you've chosen for your 'Sheet of paper' recipe, the written message will always be attached with the keywords 'post message paper'.

This is intended behaviour according to HELP READ, but it's highly unintuitive. I'd like to request that the polca pick up the keywords of the object being written on. If I have an object with the keywords 'note handwritten blue ink', for example, I should be able to READ NOTE.

Buzz K[ir]ill

Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:14 pm

I assumed that it would be possible to edit those keywords while in the POLCA... I guess not.

I agree that we need to make this more intuitive. The keywords field should auto-populate with the keywords of the paper object. Code could then just add those additional keywords when posting the message to the object.

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:34 am

This seems weird - Niamh, can you review and bug this if it is, indeed, strange? An under-the-hood rewrite shouldn't change above functionality.

Niamh
Discord Handle: Niamh#3824

Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:50 pm

Ran through some testing today - I was unable to replicate the issue with ledgers. Keyword stayed the unique one I set.

Paper - unable to replicate. Keyword stayed the unique one I set.

Niamh
Discord Handle: Niamh#3824

Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:52 am

Ah HAH. Got it to repeat itself. Bug noting.

• Information