Wilderness: Safety in Numbers?

Ideas that have been discussed, approved, and are awaiting implementation.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Smithers

Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:13 pm

Would it be possible to allow PCs to travel through the wilderness with a posse to avoid aggressive animal attacks? Basically the same setup as Southside has (had?) where if enough people were together, the goons would have second thoughts about picking on unwelcome visitors.

I think this would allow the wilderness to stay dangerous but still encourage exploration and small group RP, or at least some money sinking for retainers. Useful for noncombatants, plant and tree hunters, etc.

Niamh
Discord Handle: Niamh#3824

Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:58 pm

OoOoOooOo... This is a really cool idea!

I would need to write and apply the script to each individual aggressive mobile template then circulate through the game to unload/reload them wherever they currently exist, which is a time investment I'm not sure I'll have today. It's not unapproachable by any means, it's just not something I can promise to roll out immediately.

Thinking about the Southside lethals as inspirations for ideas in general, something else that could be cool (and I'd definitely want to do with the same sweep as above for sanity-related purposes) might be a crafting recipe that creates a foul-smelling animal musk which could be worn to encourage wilderness creatures to ignore you. Drops appearance by 1, decays after about half a day, but aggressives perceive you to be non-human?

Geras

Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:12 am

I don't think bears are fooled that easily.

Niamh
Discord Handle: Niamh#3824

Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:24 am

Got froggy and finished this up. Note that I haven't tested it yet, just wrote the scripts, added them to the mobiles, and unloaded/reloaded them all to get the updated templates in-game. If you notice issues please typo board me!

Edit: Tested now. Still report oddities of course, but I at least ran through enough to make sure the important stuff works.

• Information