No one findable matches the name 'X'.

Ideas that have been discussed, approved, and are awaiting implementation.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Andruid

Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:51 am

No one findable matches the name 'X'.
I tried to send a message to someone last night who happened to be on the wholist, and I received the above output and was unable to send my message. I'm wondering if, considering the changes to messaging (being able to message offline and whoinvis players), this situation should be handled differently. Basically, this output ("no one findable") is instantaneous -- but how would a messenger know this person was temporarily "not findable" if they didn't even try? It's a bit OOCly jarring, especially if the target in question is still showing up on wholist for whatever reason. I may be in the minority here, but I would rather my message were sent and ICly returned as "not findable" than being told OOCly and instantaneously.

Starstarfish
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
Discord Handle: Starstarfish#4572

Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:19 pm

It's also a bit odd as this seems to primarily occur or apply in my experience when the person you intend to message is standing in certain rooms within non-covert Guildhalls where you would think ICly it would be -easier- to track a member of that Guild down or expect to find them.

Taunya

Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:51 am

Agreed. Not that I mind saving a few silver with how it is, but it would make more sense if it handled it like it does offline or whoinvis characters.

• Information