[Complete] New Mob Movement

Ideas that have been discussed, approved, and are awaiting implementation.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Tremere

Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:34 pm

Can we change the way mobs move right now back to how it was? It's exceedingly frustrating to keep accidentally leaving them behind because they aren't there with you, accidentally locking them behind doors. I was getting sick last night and had to hurriedly leave a scene to log out and when I logged on today I went to go back home properly today and got partway there before I realized oh yeah, my NPC's who were with me aren't actually with me. It just creates a whole world of frustration to deal with. I didn't post immediately because I wanted to give the change a chance, but this just isn't working for me.

Pixie

Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:51 pm

Yeah this is driving me pretty much insane. I've blown a couple hundred silver now just trying to get my NPCs back. At this point, not to be dramatic (...though I'm sure it is), I'd rather just leave them at home and waste the thousands of silver I spent on 'em in the first place.

Providing more reasons to move slowly and wait around for X or Y isn't really a great change. Can't lock doors without waiting, can't halt then decide to go somewhere else without losing the NPC(s). The spam is also pretty ridiculous if you have more than one NPC.

Can it be changed back? x.x

chronodbu

Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:19 pm

I just seriously started noticing this last night myself because I hadn't been messing around with my bodyguard much but I've gotta say the lag time is ridiculous.

I don't really understand as a player how a change like this is in any way beneficial.

Pixie

Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:22 pm

...Sigh. Annnd horse is gone again.

Xinoe

Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:54 pm

Hi everyone,

The retainer and pet movement issues you're experiencing are just unintentional side effects of addressing another issue/request players have asked about, namely the ability of NPCs to carry PCs. Unfortunately it appears that we can support only one or the other functionality. Judging by this thread, I think it's safe to assume that the majority prefer we revert to the instant arrival.

We always appreciate feedback from the player base, especially when you give new systems or tweaks a chance first! But please remember that while we're obligated to focus on overall game balance, we're never enacting changes with the intention of ruining your enjoyment of the game. Alerting us that there may be a problem is very important but using constructive criticism helps us reach a solid resolution much quicker, thanks!

Tremere

Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:59 pm

Oh I never thought you guys were intending on ruining the game. I just wanted to bring it up because it was adversely affecting things that is all, giving the feedback on here.

Pixie

Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:56 pm

Blergh, sorry for the tone of my post(s), for what it's worth. Definitely never even would have conceived of the idea that Staff made the change to ruin enjoyment.

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:00 am

Has this been fixed yet?

Jules

Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:29 pm

I believe this has been dealt with!
-- player of Jules and others

• Information