[Complete] Show creation time for mood perm

Ideas that have been discussed, approved, and are awaiting implementation.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Puciek

Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:50 am

Heya,

As it is we have a lot of old crime scenes with mood perms left, some are... really old ones and most likely safe to clear (either because so much time passed that the clear footprints are not clear anymore or that the blood was already washed by rains) but it's hard to know as the mood perm will just stay there as it was until someone will rework it. So my simple suggestion is that if the mood is set via mood perm it will display OOC date when it was created. To prevent metagaming it could say just the day/month/year of it, without time and display it only after X ooc days (3?).

This way you could also roleplay around an old mood of fresh blood all around the place as it is now mostly dry/soaked in blood etc.
Blake Evernight tells you, "You, Sir, won my heart today. Are you single?"

Applesauce

Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:50 pm

+1

I especially like the idea of it only displaying after a certain amount of time. Just having the RL day could make metagaming easy to a point, so it would be good to make sure some time has passed before you get that "free" info.

Rabek

Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:41 am

This is good. I'd add that I'd like it to be a command you type, like 'mood time', rather than showing up in the mood. Rather have OOC information only show up when it's needed, rather than all the time.

Temi

Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:56 am

Maybe also just a general age metric on it. Like 'recently', 'in the last month', 'this season', 'this year'.

Puciek

Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:56 pm

Temi wrote:Maybe also just a general age metric on it. Like 'recently', 'in the last month', 'this season', 'this year'.
That could be icly then, and even better solution as it is, well, icly. And a subtle crimescene after IC month will not be there anymore, from large one some remnants etc. Me likey!
Could even potentially work with upcoming track maybe, so you can search the area and get much better estimate of when it happened?
Blake Evernight tells you, "You, Sir, won my heart today. Are you single?"

Jules

Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:03 pm

I was pondering a similar notion earlier while wishing I had some clue about the time frame of some moods I'd come across.

The ideas being proposed would have applicability well beyond crime scenes and investigations, to be sure. Even a general age metric, as Temi suggests, would be helpful. Perhaps something more accurate/specific for individuals with tracking skill?
-- player of Jules and others

Applesauce

Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:14 pm

Ooh, I definitely like tying it to the new tracking stuff.

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:00 am

Temi, please write this up as you think it would best work and put it on the Kinaed board for approval? Thanks!

Jules

Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:28 pm

This was implemented, and the thread can be moved to the accepted board!

Also, really loving the update. Thank youuuu.
-- player of Jules and others

• Information