[Completed] retool keywords

Ideas that have been discussed, approved, and are awaiting implementation.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Tremere

Thu May 28, 2015 5:33 pm

I was wondering if we could maybe make retooling keywords and keywords only something that can be done without having to pay the cost of retooling the entire item. There have been times where I've had a keyword for an item and had it interfere with me looking in a direction because of it having up or down in the keywords. I've also accidentally forgotten keywords on accident and for small items especially, as a crafter it is financially not worthwhile to say retool 60 arrows because you forgot arrow as a keyword.

I put it out there because in the case of keywords like that, it's more a quality of life ooc issue as opposed to icly changing the item fundamentally. All you are doing is changing the words that the item is tagged with so it wouldn't be actually changing the item in any meaningful way.

Zeita

Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:47 pm

I was going to post a new subject on tooling and keywords, but saw this and thought I'd piggyback.

re: Tremere's idea, agree with this. I'd like changing keywords to be divorced from being charged via the tooling command as it is focused solely on the code interaction of the item rather than the IC fabrication or design of it.

To my idea, a small change in syntax.

Currently, we would tool obj keyword listofkeywords. However, to improve functionality, could we have the ability to add new keywords to the current list? ie tool obj keywordadd additionalkeywordorlistofkeywords.

Thanks,
Zeiz.

Dice

Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:18 am

I LOVE the idea of changing retooling keywords to not require money, though I'm not sure I personally see the added value too much in having a new command to do it - usually it's not that hard to type out the keywords it already has!

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:24 am

This has been implemented - restring (for keywords only) is now available outside of chargen.

• Information