Pyres & Piety

Specifically for code or policies you would like to see implemented.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Andalucia
Discord Handle: calavera4174

Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:52 am

Hi folks!

Bringing this over from the Order personal boards on Temi's suggestion:

I had an idea that I thought would make some logical sense; when an Orderite burns someone with the burn command that it should apply a small positive bump to piety.

Mathieu suggested that it could reduce morale in turn, which makes sense to me. Additionally, I thought that it could also reduce class relations if they're gentry and maybe economics if they're gentry/noble.

This could also be extended to some other big deal commands like execute, excommunicate or banish, each with own impacts.

I wouldn't think that the impact would be major, just a couple of points.

Thanks for reading...

PositronicJune
Discord Handle: Little#7070

Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:08 am

I dunno whether pyrings should increase or decrease morale Public executions were, I believe, almost like entertainment for a large portion of history. People like it when justice is served, when (metaphorically) a witch is burnt. But in reality on TI:L, it seems pyrings are more often a sad affair, possibly because Davites do not really 'hate' witches and see pyring as compassionate, or because people are OOCly sad that a PC is gone. It absolutely should boost piety though.

RamblingGiovanni
Discord Handle: Seert#3092

Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:43 am

I can't say for certain but I thought it DID produce a small bump in piety when there is a pyring, but there simply hasn't been a pyring for half a year to show proof of this. I think it would be ONLY a slight bump in order to deter random persecution being used in lieu of piety projects which can be seen as... well, witch-hunting (in the bad meta precedence way which puts people more on edge than they should be) but these are things I can only speculate on.

Maeve

Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:45 pm

I can confirm that pyring does bump up piety on City Report.

• Information