Concept Statistics changes: Petty suggestions for a mildly interesting feature

Specifically for code or policies you would like to see implemented.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

PositronicJune
Discord Handle: Little#7070

Sat Jun 24, 2023 6:44 pm

You know the concept statistics that can be accessed with the 'census' command? I've got two minor suggestions for it.
1. With under-18 characters being phased out, the 'teenagers' statistic should probably be removed. At least once it's no longer useful to see how many such characters remain. Set it to not display if the count is 0 or something so no one has to remember to do that, or whatever's easiest.
2. Age and appearance statistics aren't granular enough IMO. Divide age into decades (18/19, 20s, 30s, 40s, 50+) and add a count for ugly people (appearance 1).
(quick reference: Currently only 'Appearance 4+' is displayed for appearance and age is divided into teenager (sub-18), adult (18-49) (the current number of which is 69 (nice)) and elder (50+))

ADDENDUM: After a long chat in OOC about the statistics of heights in TI:L, why not add it to the census command? ...perhaps not flood it with every category one could be interested in. But perhaps average heights by gender and number of outliers
Last edited by PositronicJune on Mon Jun 26, 2023 12:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Winifred
Discord Handle: Titania#1312

Sat Jun 24, 2023 6:51 pm

As the sole remaining sub-18 character in existence, this is targeted and there will be retribution. I shall not be forgotten.

I do like the idea of App 1 characters being noted for their astounding degrees of unattractiveness, though. It helps sell it.

• Information