Mining

Specifically for code or policies you would like to see implemented.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

BlackSoul566

Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:21 pm

I have no doubt this has been suggested before. But, I would love for the game to allow for mining. Purchasing pickaxes like lumber axes, going down into a deep, dank mine and trying to mine for metals and gems. Bonus points if there is a skill associated with it, similar to forage, where you enter a room, you get to see what metals are available by typing "mine list", your skill in mining being what you are able to find, and then your chance to mine said material.

Alternatively, you could combine fishing, woodcutting and mining all into one "labor" or "gathering" skill, to save on having too many skills that most players would care for.

Bingus

Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:23 pm

Why not just add pickaxes as a tool used in certain types of foraging? That would solve a lot and make it more manageable.

Geras

Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:54 pm

There are some ores and gems you can find in caves and mines with forage, but I'd love to see that expanded. I'd rather not have a second skill though as forage is a bit weak IMHO.

Would love more locations to mine different things (like a placer mine for gold?) though.

• Information