NPC Job Boards

Specifically for code or policies you would like to see implemented.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Staub
Discord Handle: Staub

Wed May 12, 2021 5:37 pm

Hello,

I was thinking how having more single-player features would be good for the game since it gives people something to do when they can't have a scene.
So what if at a regular rhytm NPCs post job boards asking for x item and fulfilling them would earn money like a real job would?
This would be especially interesting for less than legal things and give people a reason to do those things even when players may shy away from e.g. buying drugs.
Praise the Bolt!

Gnomely

Fri May 21, 2021 8:46 pm

I don't particularly like the idea of the Jobs Board getting overrun by NPC jobs. Even though it's made to be a more open ended job market, it's still kind of run by the Brotherhood. Temi's been adding little mini-quests to crafts, so maybe we could add more of those for the legal-side of selling goods? Like selling produce, or something?

It's a good idea, don't get me wrong, but in practice it would probably be more trouble then it's worth. Not just because of the fluxing nature of the Job Board, but I don't think it's possible for NPCs to post jobs like that unless an Imm doing plotty stuff.

• Information