Medicine Crafts

Specifically for code or policies you would like to see implemented.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Gnomely

Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:58 pm

So, I was looking over the craft list here. And realized how ridiculously small it is. I think if we could split the vague 'herbal tea' craft into specific tea crafts, such as ginger, mint, etc. Based on proper medicinal preperation, you could potentially expand it exponentially. It seems, to me, anyway, that anyone who wants to get 36 Medicine could literally make anything the Physicians can generally make save for the higher tier stuff.

Though, in hindsight, I'm not sure if the higher tier stuff is super worth joining the Physicians right now. Lol.

Point is, I think there's potential for expanding the crafts here.

Different herbal teas, have different effects. And you can make tea from just about any herb. The 'herbal tea' craft doesn't do any of that justice.

Making those crafts, though, would probably be easy. Since the threading would essentially be the same for each one. The effects though, would just be different.

All these Tea crafts though, would still be low level Medicine, since anyone can make tea.

Deedee

Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:54 pm

I'd be for more crafts in medicine, but medicine does already has five herbal tea recipes.

The reason it's a bit lean is medicine was formerly just made using herbalism, which used to be a guild skill. The medicine skill used to only be for the treat system, and still remains more of a technique-based skill rather than crafting skill, similar to husbandry. Using treat is still the easiest way to train medicine, and is where higher level medicine pays off: you can't treat more serious wounds like broken bones with rank 36 medicine.

• Information