Conceal ideas

Specifically for code or policies you would like to see implemented.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

phoenixdoll
Discord Handle: pd#1102

Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:28 am

The recent change which was implemented and then made optional with cloak pins has got me thinking a lot about concealment in this game.

I kinda hate that a hooded person's name shows up if they are not wearing a mask.

I also hate having two descriptions when hood up, the cloak sdesc and the mask sdesc, it makes names so long.

I'd love it if you are hooded for that to hide your name entirely, never mind needing a mask.

I would also love it if it became more likely for your hood to slip off, and for concealment to break say when moving, or in combat.

It would be cool to add bonuses to concealment (less chance for cloak /coat to open if you have the coat pin item which can be retooled as buttons or buckles for Vandagan greatcoats et cetera, but to not make it mandatory to have a cloak pin to put your hood up.

Taunya

Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:51 am

phoenixdoll wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:28 am
I kinda hate that a hooded person's name shows up if they are not wearing a mask.
I'd love it if you are hooded for that to hide your name entirely, never mind needing a mask.
It doesn't show the name to others, only to themselves. Masks are optional when cloak concealed.
I also hate having two descriptions when hood up, the cloak sdesc and the mask sdesc, it makes names so long.
Yeah, it does get pretty long. I'm not sure of a good solution to that, though.
I would also love it if it became more likely for your hood to slip off, and for concealment to break say when moving, or in combat.
It's supposed to have a chance of exposure in combat according to a helpfile, but I've never seen it happen. Likewise the 'expose' command seems to be either non-functional, or not working as described. I'm not sure if this is due to balancing reasons, or just broken code.
It would be cool to add bonuses to concealment (less chance for cloak /coat to open if you have the coat pin item which can be retooled as buttons or buckles for Vandagan greatcoats et cetera, but to not make it mandatory to have a cloak pin to put your hood up.
Not a bad idea.

Sparkles

Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:36 pm

It makes the Magebane parties such a delightful nightmare. :lol:

• Information