Make Knowledge Nodes Better

Ideas that have been discussed, approved, and are awaiting implementation.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Geras

Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:59 pm

So my suggestion is that once you've learned a ritual, your chances of getting "refreshed" of with a knowledge node be drastically reduced, and consequently the chances of getting a new ritual, some magecraft or some Eld would be increased.

Knowledge nodes right now are the "best" nodes to get when you are low level, but practically useless at high level. This would make them desirable at high level, and give high level mages more reason to be in the astral, which I think would be benefitial to the game. It would also make Eld and Magecraft slightly less of a grind.

Thoughts?

plague
Discord Handle: plague#6022

Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:03 pm

Yeah, I generally agree. Knowledge nodes are really, really annoying once you have the rituals. With all the disincentive to do risky things as a mage (one mistake can end your character), it would be nice if this in particular didn't gradually become something closer and closer to a complete waste of time.

galaxgal

Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:15 pm

I agree. There's not much incentive for capped mages to be Astral otherwise, which is also often the main vein of RP contact for unestablished mages.
Around sometimes. Contact: galaxgal#6174

• Information