Erasing summoning circles

Ideas we've discussed and decided not to implement.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

LANS

Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:01 pm

Erasing summoning circles should be available to mundanes. Currently, it appears to be a mage only command. It is just kicking dirt over the infernal thing. Presently we have to ask staff to do it for us, or have a mage do it, which is a big no no.

galaxgal

Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:12 pm

What about making it mage and Order only, and spiffing up the strings so that each group is doing their own unique process that's more than just kicking up dirt?

Granted, that's more complicated and I don't know if the Paladin Pals want even more Guild-exclusive chores.
Around sometimes. Contact: galaxgal#6174

Geras

Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:02 pm

I think the command to erase the circle should be available to everyone, even if good Davites would tend to ask the Order to take care of it. Not every mundane is a good Davite.

Myrella

Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:16 pm

Wouldn't this, in general, mean they're more difficult to find, and make the act of using one generally safer?

Taunya

Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:22 pm

Seems mages are already able to clean up after themselves, so little change there.

Perhaps just make 'masonry scrub' work on the circles, like it does for graffiti.

Nevermore

Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:55 am

Considering the nature of summoning circles, I believe there should also be some risk of injury for an uninformed or unpracticed person erasing a summoning circle as well.

These are circles that have been designed with wards to hold demons of all things. They're not just a frail circle of chalk and candles.

Sparkles

Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:54 pm

Considering the nature of summoning circles, I believe there should also be some risk of injury for an uninformed or unpracticed person erasing a summoning circle as well.
I'd probably think that a fully trained Knight and/or Inquisitor should be considered an informed and practiced person. So with that in mind, perhaps a craft/command to erase them would require mage ash? And/or be an Order specific command?

• Information