Auction house mounts

Ideas we've discussed and decided not to implement.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Taunya

Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:05 pm

When characters die or liquidate, their retainers, including horses, go poof.

I'd like to suggest adding horses to the auction house, so people have a chance to buy a fully described horse with a bit of history.

Of course horses that have been left plain with no description and custom intro can just go poof.

Dreams
Discord Handle: dreams2410

Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:06 pm

Actually, they don't.

They have the option of transferring their mounts to another person, in game, if it is appropriate that it would be done.

It's in the death room.

(Well, for the dying part.)
help policy triggers, help policy non-consensual, help sandwich

Taunya

Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:27 am

Oh, I thought that was only for people with wills filed with the reeves.
That's good I suppose, but I don't think mounts get transferred on death that often. And I'd like to see more existing horses (and perhaps other pets) made available, with the thought put into their desc not going to waste.
Plus it'd give another option for discounted mounts besides my character (not that I'm not loving the monopoly!)

Starstarfish
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
Discord Handle: Starstarfish#4572

Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:54 am

That's good I suppose, but I don't think mounts get transferred on death that often. And I'd like to see more existing horses (and perhaps other pets) made available, with the thought put into their desc not going to waste.
Gifting someone else your horse or your dog ICly I feel like should have a bit of a deeper meaner than OOCly someone liked their description.
Plus it'd give another option for discounted mounts besides my character (not that I'm not loving the monopoly!)
There are to my knowledge multiple characters capable of raising horses presently and a high enough Mercantilism means discounts at pet shops.

• Information