Methods of Poison Delivery

Specifically for code or policies you would like to see implemented.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

galaxgal

Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:43 pm

Taunya wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:29 pm
Or are you thinking of making it more like a trap? Incense that fills the room with a poisonous smoke that lasts for a while, possibly affecting those who enter? Seems doable, there's similar magic effects in game.
This is what I was thinking, yeah! It'd have to assume that the room is indoors/underground, I think. Light an incense or a candle made or filled with.. something bad, and after some time it fills the room, affecting everyone - including the user, of course, if they don't get out on time.
Around sometimes. Contact: galaxgal#6174

Taunya

Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:10 pm

Here's an accepted request regarding traps still waiting to be written up and implemented, I think it applies here: http://ti-legacy.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=874

Starstarfish
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
2018 Cookery Contest Winner!
Discord Handle: Starstarfish#4572

Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:10 pm

I think there are a few current issues with poison usage:

1 - Every person with enough time can max Herbalism with very little outlay in cost and thus be more or less immune from poisoning through current methods as they'll be able to "sniff" everything out. Further, because of the craft- _seach and/or appraise functions every person can identify everything OOC even if their character has no functional knowledge of such things ICly.

2 - The symptoms of most poisons are fairly immediate allowing for pretty immediate blame of people in the room (which in same cases is a bit meta as it ignores NPCs or vNPCs). More delayed timing would increase the chance of plausible deniability.

3 - Not all things that could be used arguably as a "poison" - IE giving someone an unwanted effect can functionally be used as a poison as they can't be used with the lace command and added to other things.

Buzz K[ir]ill

Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:22 am

Unless you mind getting caught, poison is just one of those methods that isn't applicable to too many situations. It's hard to use without putting oneself or the wrong people at great risk, especially with deadly poisons.

Nevermind the challenge of finding someone capable of making the poisons you need -- and within your budget.

• Information