New Command Suggestion to Reward Good RP in the Moment

Specifically for code or policies you would like to see implemented.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Dreams
Discord Handle: dreams2410

Wed Oct 04, 2023 3:48 pm

SUGGESTION: Add a 'kudos' (or similar) command that someone can throw in during RP when someone does something great (a particularly funny something - a dramatic something - just a regular awesome something that keeps RP moving). It's a little pat on the back that is not intimidating to the person doing the giving, and might keep people going to osay and tells to comment on things that crack them up - hell, even I do it. But if I could have a little command that gives them the same thing, no need to spend that RPXP on an osay that goes 'lol'.

The intention is for it to be anonymous - so yes, someone can do something particularly amusing in a room of 20 people and get a bunch of kudos from people right after if it makes them giggle-snort IRL. That sort of thing.

It actually wouldn't have any other benefit - just a little 'that was great' without breaking scene/character/etc. In the moment, right away, no staff intervention needed.

REASONING: So, we do have recommends that boost QP and Rec Levels of players, but they are a touch intimidating (in my opinion). They can be denied if they aren't detailed enough, or for something 'big' enough, so to speak. But there are people who do a bunch of LITTLE things. People who make it a joy to have a scene with - and they do it ALL THE TIME, but we can only recommend them once a week. And it takes time for recommends to process, so they don't get the feedback in that exact moment that they have done something awesomesauce.

The game I know this to be on - they keep a monthly record of kudos (for us, maybe this can go in our activity output). There, they can be in or out of the room - it can be done at any time, and there is a limit of 10 kudos per day, has to be different people, they don't have to be logged in or even in the same room.

The same sort of limitations can go here, if we wanted, or it can be something more free. Or it can be more strict - the person has to be in the same room, for example.(We can change the name to make it fit here more, which is probably wise.) If you would want to reward for someone who gets the most in the month, or maybe top 10 like the RP activity, cool. If not, also cool. I just find it to be a tiny little ego boost when something goes right or someone enjoys something you've done.
help policy triggers, help policy non-consensual, help sandwich

Misfit

Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:36 pm

Can we include a 'best dressed' kudos? Y'all put so much work into your outfits and I wanna highlight y'all's glam.

Dreams
Discord Handle: dreams2410

Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:25 pm

Bumping this merely because I thought about it today, and still think it's a decent idea. I didn't want it to get too lost.
help policy triggers, help policy non-consensual, help sandwich

• Information