LOG: Regency Debate

Post logs, pictures, poetry and more. (Please request the permission of others before posting logs about their characters. Thank you!)

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Dice

Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:02 pm

Church Square
[Chilly, cloudy, morning]
The grand facade of the Cathedral of St. Aelwyn dominates this square
in all its gothic opulence, set opposite the less imposing but equally
large edifice of the Town Hall. Laid in an artful pattern, the red and
white bricks between them converge in alternating bands towards a central
fixture, a splendid fountain. Around it, a small grassy area has been left
open, hosting the small roofed shelter of the town announcement board.
Several benches wrought from intricate ironwork edge this small lawn,
offering seating to the weary.

(The square is bustling with activity. Vendors carts have been laid out
with their wares. A purple Troubadours Guild banner displaying the bardic
sceptre, a deep blue Merchants Guild banner displaying the Gold Coin, and a
Scarlet Order banner displaying the Chalice of Dav hang together on the
front of the Town Hall. A pavilion has been laid out there as well with
three podiums. )

[ Exits: north east south west ]
( 11)A cask of 'Rice Suprise' Wattkil Rice Wine sits here. (eastern edge)
( 2)A cask of white wine is displayed at a large booth, surrounded by alrge crowds of people. (northwestern corner)
A cask of Apple Pyre brandy is displayed at a large booth, surrounded by alrge crowds of people. (northwestern corner)
A cask of Red Pyre brandy is displayed at a large booth, surrounded by alrge crowds of people. (northwestern corner)
A cask of White Pyre brandy is displayed at a large booth, surrounded by alrge crowds of people. (northwestern corner)
A cask of Pear Pyre brandy is displayed at a large booth, surrounded by alrge crowds of people. (northwestern corner)
( 5)A loaf of honey-drizzled bread, mixed with peaches and nuts is being distributed from a baker's stall. (northeastern corner)
( 2)A variety of succulent marzipan cookies sprinkled in spices is being distributed from a baker's stall. (northeastern corner)
( 5)A refined, baker's dozen package of delicious sugar cookies is being distributed from a baker's stall. (northeastern corner)
Benches of black wrought-iron frame the grassy lawn. (center)
A baroque fountain rises majestically in the center of the square. (center)
A public trough keeps the company of a hitching post along a wide patch of grass. (northwestern corner)
The square's public board stands beneath a protective wood shingle roof. (northwestern corner)
Silver lanterns hung on tall stakes guard the four corners of the square. (center) (lit)
[AFK] Jenifyr von Vakhrova stands before the cathedral steps, observing the festival. [App: 3]
A bay palfrey with a white blaze has been tethered here.
A wiry young woman with grey eyes is standing around the perimeter of the square, looking bemused. [App: 1]
A dappled brown mare with a long mane stands here, pawing at the ground restlessly.
Maxwell Wattkil is here, his horse bearing a hilarious amount of wine. [App: 2]
He is indecent.
A svelte, young golden-blonde woman with pale eyes is here. [App: 4]
An angelically delicate, palomino palfrey mare watches everyone with curiousity.
A skinny man of short, onyx hair is here. [App: 3]
A floppy-eared brown dog with a curl of a tail frolicks about.
Beth is here. [App: 3]
A male dappled grey destrier stands here, pawing restlessly at the ground.
A towering, muscular young man stands by a male dappled grey destrier, holding its reins and listening to the performance [App: 2]
Sebastian wanders the festival, tasting, drinking and loving life. [App: 3]
He is indecent.
Haidar Abn'Zahi is here. [App: 1]
A large, ash-gray destrier dappled with darker spots
A gentlemanly valet is here.
A snow white Vanner mare stands here, pawing the ground.
Samantha ab Vortina is standing near Hera and the other noblewomen talking [App: 5]
A wiry, hazel-eyed man stands near the center of the square, loaded with armor [App: 1]
A dusky-skinned man sporting a fashionable beard is here.
A lean, limber and long-legged gentleman is here.
Hera stands here, seeming to be enjoying herself and the music. [App: 5]
Kaiden de Gorman is standing around, enjoying the festival. [App: 1]
Johannes op Eremitan stands on the pavilion, addressing the people. [App: 3]
He is playing an artfully crafted viol, etched with thin lines and swirls.
Kiana ab Beaufort is standing by Samantha ab Vortina and Hera talking quietly [App: 4]
A delicately built, tall black mare stands here
Kiyarin ab Valareaux is here. [App: 4]
A large brown chicken donning a tiny, custom-made chainmail bodice is here.
A Vandagan male with black hair and green eyes is comfortable, seated on one of the pavilions overlooking the podiums. [App: 3]
A mighty black-midnight steed with a long silver mane has been tethered here.
A comely grey-eyed vixen with long-silk sable hair is standing closely to the refreshments, watching over the square. [App: 3]
Beronica Destral is sitting on a bench. [App: 4]
A lad with deep amber eyes and waist-length hair leans on the notice board. [App: 4]
He is indecent.

Johannes op Eremitan continues playing out the fiddle, almost dancing about the stage as he stomps to the beat of the music. "Is there a Grand Magnate Alphos out there?!" he yells eyes probing the audience.
He appears to be proficient at the strings.

"Aye, you're not allowed to guess, Barca..." Ariel takes a moment to survey the casks set out. "How lucky for me I am not a Fariner." With his cane's support, he limps his way toward the brandy to fill a cup from a cask chosen seemingly almost at random. His head nods in rhythm to the music, another wistful glance stolen Johannes op Eremitan' way as the man fiddles about the stage. [Ariel]

"Of course," a Vandagan male with black hair and green eyes says, bowing down to brush lips to the back of a comely grey-eyed vixen with long-silk sable hair's hand and then pulls her closer, hand firmly upon her waist when he leads her into a more open spot, boots thudding on the pebbles. His moves at first are short and full of rhythm, matching the music, then pulls her into a spin of them both, leading her off by one hand in a twirl before returning to the usual beat.

Taking a deep breath, Kiyarin ab Valareaux sets her hand politely on a towering, muscular young man's arm as she follows the man towards the dance floor, keeping a soft smile upon her features. Once there, she turns towards him, pushing an opaline woolen cloak lined with green daisy painted silk back over her shoulders, before turning to face him. The lady dips into a curtsey, as is customary before starting a dance, and then looks up at the a towering, muscular young man's face, waiting for him to take the lead. [Kiyarin ab Valareaux]

A massive lothos Ovcharka with dark brown and silverish fur Watches the mass of people moving about as they enjoy the festival. However occassionally he lets out a deep 'gruff' sound as he watches

Mister dul Meticus has left the game.
a gentlemanly valet has left the game.
A snow white Vanner mare, with a flowing white mane has left the game.

Sebastian selects a cask of rice wine, grinning broadly at Maxwell Wattkil, "You make? Can tell about?" He fills a glass, eyeing it and taking a sip.

A large brown chicken with custom-made, chainmail bodice paddles after a Vandagan male with black hair and green eyes when he moves to dance with the other woman, but soon hops back and lets out a loud cackle when the spin starts and boots begin swinging.

A towering, muscular young man flips a blue cotton cloak bearing the Crossed Swords on a Chalice back over his shoulder.

Hera continues moving through the lively dance with Haidar Abn'Zahi, skirts twirling and her sari masterfully accompanying the movements. She laughs as she informs Kaiden de Gorman as they finish one step, "We dance at home oh... perhaps once a month? I insist on it, and it keeps our little court smiling, friendly and in highest spirits. You're doing well, my Lord!" she encourages him before she steps back out, her feet moving swiftly as if doing extra work so that Haidar Abn'Zahi doesn't have to.
Hera appears to be a master at acting.

You fill a sleek wineglass engraved with a tussle over a large crown with brandy from a cask of Pear Pyre brandy.

Kaiden de Gorman shakes his head at Beth, "Others may, but I do not."

Samantha ab Vortina looks over at Ariel offering him a pleasant smile "It has been awhile lord le orban.. how have you been." however as she speaks lightly she gently rubs the head of a massive lothos Ovcharka with dark brown and silverish fur

drink wineglass
This lovely, somewhat light brandy tastes much like a crisp pear,
although very strong. The burn isn't powerful, but neither is the alcohol,
more like a wine instead of a real brandy, but the strength isn't to be
underestimated. Nothing is added to it, leaving naught but the strong,
smooth taste of the brandy itself to wash across the tongue.

You feel drunk.

Johannes op Eremitan frowns a little, thought continues playing. Eyes scanning, he lands on Ariel. "Lord le Orban!" he calls, "Why don't you come up on stage! If you might be willing to be a Lord Officiant for aour little debate event here.."

[Action: a Vandagan male with black hair and green eyes is having a lively dance with October.]

With a smile on his face, a towering, muscular young man also frees himself from the close confines of a blue cotton cloak bearing the Crossed Swords on a Chalice, letting it flow freely with his movements as he begins a traditional Lithmorran dance, considering the culture of the two dancers, the form more elegant, refined, reserved than the energetic Farinese dancing displayed by some. Leading capably but not expertly, he passes through the motions with Kiyarin ab Valareaux, a smile on his face that should appear real to all but those with the keenest insight into his or general human personality [a towering, muscular young man]

[Action: a towering, muscular young man is dancing with Kiyarin]

Haidar Abn'Zahi seems to grow more comfortable as the dance progresses, hands clapping in time until the music eventually dies down. Dipping into a vew low bow, the Earl Marshal places a hand over his heart in salute to Hera 'Dame ab Chevalier, I will remember this dance for all time, thank you."

Ariel seems to be intent on drinking his way through the event, downing a healthy mouthful of the pyre brandy. As Samantha ab Vortina addresses him, he offers a mild smile her way. "Not terribly well, truth be told - ah?" As Johannes op Eremitan addresses him, he cocks a dark brow. "Well, why not? Everyone knows I love a debate." He limps his way up the steps to join the other man on the stage.

Action set to:
Ariel is up on stage with a full glass of brandy.

A comely grey-eyed vixen with long-silk sable hair carefully moves into her dance with a Vandagan male with black hair and green eyes careful to grip along his hand, carefully keeping them locked by the finger finger tips. Her cloak ruffles about as she is applied into a spin, then reverses back towards him in a fairly close manner. She too keeps with the rhythm, keeping her opposite hand snug along the nap of his neck, motioning her hips and feet to the rhythm of the music. "I never knew...You had it in you to dance like this,"

Johannes op Eremitan hacks out a few final notes on his viol. Before passing over to Ariel. Finding a slip of paper, he hands it to the man. "My Lord." he bows, "Many thanks.. it seems our good Grand Magnate has.. evaporated and with so many good nobles here quite happy for this debate, I do not wish to deprive them. Perhaps you would be so kind as to give us a little help, my Lord?"

Hera 's hand settles over her own heart as well when the dance with Haidar Abn'Zahi concludes. "Lord bless you, my Lord Earl Marshall- it was good to get on my feet again, I have to say. It has been a few months now, afterall." She gives him a friendly smile, but is distracted as it looks like the debates are about to start up, her lips pursing in thought as she notices the change of moderator.

"Ah, most certainly." Glancing over the crowd, Ariel points a finger at Kaiden de Gorman. "Gorman! Find me a seat, will you?" he calls, voice pitched to carry in something hardly short of a roar. "Now, then, will the debate participants do me the honor of joining me on stage?" [Ariel]

[Action: a comely grey-eyed vixen with long-silk sable hair is dancing with a Vandagan male with black hair and green eyes in the open area]

After a taste of the rice wine, Sebastian parks himself right next to those casks like he intends to live out the rest of his natural life there, "Much good! Very taste."

Beronica Destral settles herself a bit more comfortably upon the benches as she turns to look towards the stage and the up coming debate.

Leans back on the bench as she sees Ariel already walking away. She merely sighs lightly seeing all the drunken people moving about like fools. One may notice Samantha ab Vortina hasn't partaken of anything yet. However at Ariel's statement she makes a sharp motion to a massive lothos Ovcharka with dark brown and silverish fur which roughly means stay at which point the dog complies and lays down on the grassy area even as Samantha ab Vortina moves towards the stage slowly with the most -sober- of steps [Samantha ab Vortina]

[Action: Samantha ab Vortina is standing on the stage with the other nobles]

Haidar Abn'Zahi politely extracts himself from the stage center, making his slow way towards his waiting horse, one hand resting against its neck as he watches Ariel take the stage. Taking a long drink from a metal flask of Farin coffee wrapped in protective leather, he nods slowly, before leaning more heavily against the mount.

Johannes op Eremitan bows to Ariel. "The City's thanks." he says before stepping down from the pavilion. He snatches a glass of wine as he passes. A grin is flashed to kiara as he passes. A nod is added to Hera. "Good luck, my Lady." he says, tapping a plain yellow ribbon hung with a silver Mont Innes token.

Kiana ab Beaufort's own attention turns towards the state as Ariel takes it, smiling softly as Ariel calls for the participants, beginning to work her way up towards the stage from the crowd. Her face seems to pale ever so slightly as she approaches the stage, a few deep breaths being taken as she mounts it with the other participants

[Action: Kiana ab Beaufort is standing upon the stage prepared for the debate]

Johannes op Eremitan appears to be attempting to avoid notice.
Johannes op Eremitan even winks to kiara, so briefly, as he walks by.. not that anyone would notice.

Kiyarin ab Valareaux appears to be quite a graceful dancer, light on her feet, flowing with the rhythm of the music quite easily. The smile on her face is clearly more genuine than that of the smile that seems to be forced across a towering, muscular young man's lips, as the lady lets him lead her about the area. Though, as soon as the time comes, Kiyarin ab Valareaux steps back from the page, dipping into a little curtsey as she politely says to him, "Thank you for the dance, Page ab Norcress. I do hope you have a nice day." Letting an opaline woolen cloak lined with green daisy painted silk fall back over her shoulders, Kiyarin ab Valareaux takes her leave and heads back towards the gathered nobles, a nod and smile offered to Haidar Abn'Zahi on her way past.

"Aye M'Lord!" Kaiden de Gorman calls out after being tasked by Ariel, he takes off into the town hall only to return several moments later carrying a elegant chair, he rushes it up to to the stage and offers it to Ariel, "Here you are Lord le Orban. From the ballroom." [Kaiden de Gorman]

"How else do you think we stay warm in the North of the North, Lady Justiciar?" a Vandagan male with black hair and green eyes laughs, obviously very pleased and enjoying the dance, pulling her closer and and making a few circles, his steps careful but precise. "I suppose I cannot say the same for yourself. Dancing on the stones is a little better than rolling around on the dirt during our off-hours, eh?" After a few more movements he pauses, a little out of breath and takes a step back to give an elegant bow and a flourish of his hand, holding it out yet again to lead her back to the pavilion in preperation for the debate.

A wiry, hazel-eyed man is far too encumbered by his metal armour to join in the dancing, so he confines himself to drinking and commenting with the flush-faced individuals stepping off the floor for a break.

Hera gives Haidar Abn'Zahi a final smile as Ariel calls the debate to a start. She's smiling as she makes her way through the crowd, taking a few words of luck and well wishes from those she passes- touching the elbow of a friendly lady that she passes. Johannes op Eremitan receives a wide smile, and she touches a hand to her heart as she passes him. With that, she makes her way up to the stage, commenting to Ariel, "My Lord, I'm pleased to have you as the moderator, I was going to have to withdraw myself otherwise over the question of firness, due to the Grand Magnate's open loyalties." This is said with an easy smile and a glance directed at Kiana ab Beaufort.

Maxwell Wattkil rubs at his nose a bit, almost sort of waiting for something to happen, as he stands by his pile of, well, casks of wine. He doesn't seem much for dancing, I'm afraid, but doesn't really see anyone to really talk to that isn't far too busy to chat with. So he lingers.

"Lovely, thank you." Bending over, Ariel swipes the chair from Kaidan, planting it on the stage off to the side of the podiums. Sinking into it, he sets his cane down close at hand. The piece of paper handed over from Johannes op Eremitan is reviewed as he sips at his glass. "Hmmmmnnn..." At Hera's words he glances up, laughingly. "Is that so? Well, we all know that I am undecided in this contest - so convince me prettily, my lady." [Ariel]

Alphos's Provided Debate Questions:
1. <Name>, As Regent of Her HIghness, Caitrin ab Samael. What values
would you like to instill in her throughout your reign?
2. <Name>, Given the already tense political situation regarding the
regency, How would you ease the sour relations between the vassals and the
Crown?
3. Everday more and more loyal soldiers return from the front, suffering
from loss of limb and broken spirirt. What efforts will you take as regent
to make the transition back to a normal, peacefull life possible?
4. Cases of corruption among the Kingdom's guildleaders, and exploitation
of the peasantry by certain 'Robber Barons' have made for bitter relations
between the common folk and those who are sworn to protect them. As Regent,
How would you seek to remedy this matter and restore the people's faith in
social order?
5. What qualities do you find to be your greatest strength?
6. What about yourself do you find me be your greatest weakness?
7. What would the person that likes you the least on Urth say about you?
And Why?

Sebastian leans an arm across a cask of the rice wine, seeming determined to stay there and drink it dry. He again tries to catch the attention of Maxwell Wattkil, "Hey, brother!" His Lithmorran isn't very good, and he seems intent on making up for it with volume and enthusiasm, "Make this wine? Is best here!"

Haidar Abn'Zahi raises his flask to Maxwell Wattkil perhaps trying to garner the man's attention before storm-laden eyes focus once more upon the stage.

Completing the dance on time, a towering, muscular young man bows politely to kirayan and returns her greeting with, "You are welcome, M'Lady ab Valareaux" before stepping out of the way. As the dancing perhaps begins to die down with the preparation for the debate, he steps off of the floor and finds himself a seat. [a towering, muscular young man]

[Action: a towering, muscular young man sits in a seat watching the debates.]

"I did speak with him about the debate." Kiana ab Beaufort admits with a smile to Hera "But I trust in his ability to be fair." she murmurs softly "But I do concur, Lord le Orban is probably the better moderator." she chuckles "If you'd let it be known it was to be an issue i'm sure something could have been arranged Lady ab Chevalier. I hardly want this debate tainted by any accusations that the moderator favored myself or any other candidate." [Kiana ab Beaufort]

Samantha ab Vortina arches a brow as she looks to Hera "What open loyalties doe the grand magnate have.. If anything i would say that this is not fair given lord le orban having known you longer than any of the other competitors." she mentiones idly "and the fact that he was a past bard while apparently the troubadours support you lady ab chevalier."

[Action: Hera is standing on the stage, looking to be at her ease.]

A lad with deep amber eyes and waist-length hair rolls his shoulders back, the first real movement from him for most of the event. He grimaces briefly as a few bones crack, but soon, he's loose and ready for more sentinel duty. His amber gaze flits over the crowd to the crates of wine and there's an expression of brief earnest, but he shakes his head a moment later and continues to watch the square.

Maxwell Wattkil sort of nods to Haidar Abn'Zahi, with a tad of a grin that way, though his attention shifts to Sebastian as he advances towards the knightly sort. "Yeh- Rice. Warm, pleasant, yeah?"

Samantha ab Vortina shrugs a bit "But i see it merely as a more challenging hurdle to overcome so I think we should just let this debate commence.

Johannes op Eremitan takes a long swig of the rice wine and a bite of the loaf before slipping up north toward the Cathedral.

With word the debate is about to start, kya moves towards the stage with Hera, Kiana ab Beaufort and Samantha ab Vortina, a pleasant smile on her lips. The lady stays quiet for now, waiting for instructions as to how the event is to proceed. [Kiyarin ab Valareaux]

Johannes op Eremitan leaves north

"Well, I'm sure he'll be fair!" Beth insists to Samantha ab Vortina, drawing up her mouth. "And it's not like he's deciding anyone's minds for them."

[Action: Samantha ab Vortina is standing on the stage with the other nobles looking focused and determined during this all.]

Kaiden de Gorman moves to stand just infront of the stage at an angle so he can watch both the stage and crowd gathered, with his hands resting on his belt.

A comely grey-eyed vixen with long-silk sable hair inclines a formal curtsy before a Vandagan male with black hair and green eyes, her cloak and form dipping to the ground after the strong flourish. She smiles lastly and inclines a nod at his gesture, moving back over towards their seating arrangements. Finally the debate was to begin, and this was keenly what she had been interested in rather than the wine.

A wiry young woman with grey eyes appears to be attempting to avoid notice.
A wiry young woman with grey eyes looks to the stage with a curious expression, from her vantage point, away from the main mass of humanity.

"My lady Vortina, I am insulted. Do you know, it's not wise to insult a man who is about to moderate your debate? But, because I am an eminently fair and open-minded man, I will pretend you have -not- just accused me of lying about my objective stance..." Inclining his head, Ariel glances among the four women as they take the stage. "Let's begin with a simple question, and indeed - since I am unbiased - you may even answer first, my lady Vortina. Why should -you- be regent above and beyond the candidates who oppose you?" [Ariel]

"I fully trust in the Lord le Orban's ability to moderate justly, and I doubt there will be any 'hurdles' to overcome My Ladies...." Haidar Abn'Zahi clarifies from his corner of the square, a quick bow of his head given to Ariel as the man draws the entrants to the stage, "Perhaps someone shop offer a prayer over this occasion before commencing?" [Haidar Abn'Zahi]

[Action: a Vandagan male with black hair and green eyes is seated on the pavilion, watching the debate.]

"Is great! Have time, tell about how make?" Sebastian presses a big hand to his ample chest, "Also make drink! Much enjoy your rice wine." He thunks the cask enthusiastically, "How much can have?"

[Action: a wiry young woman with grey eyes is standing around the perimeter of the square, watching the stage.]

Hera 's eyes sparkle with excitement that the debate seems about to be begin, especially with the cat thrown amongst the pigeons about the Grand Magnate's loyalties. Her hands fold together as she awaits her turn, watching the others with clear interest.

A comely grey-eyed vixen with long-silk sable hair inclines a head towards a massive lothos Ovcharka with dark brown and silverish fur. "I agree, we should have a prayer to start things off, especially as it seems as though things may already begin to slip into a negative connotation," a comely grey-eyed vixen with long-silk sable hair speaks fairly aloud.

Kiana ab Beaufort appears to be attempting to avoid notice.
Kiana ab Beaufort brushes gloved hands idly over her skirt as Ariel asks the question of Samantha ab Vortina, her attention upon the woman as she prepares her answer

Samantha ab Vortina looks to Ariel and it is obvious she is neither withdrawing her comment or regretting it "Why i should be Regent you say? Why that is a very good question. However perhaps we should have a prayer since so many seem intent on it?"

Kiyarin ab Valareaux chuckles softly, seeming relaxed and at ease, as the debate begins, the quips being thrown around. But, she listens quietly as the question is posed by Ariel, her eyes turning towards Samantha ab Vortina as she waits to hear her response.

Action set to:
Ariel is sitting in a chair on stage, ostensibly moderating the debate.

"Very well, then; let's have a prayer! My lord Earl Marshall, will you do us the honors, as the requester?" Ariel asks of Haidar Abn'Zahi, turning a light grin his way; his eyes sparkle, the one openly seen and the other concealed beneath his plain, sable mask. "A few brief words to start us off." [Ariel]

"Let us bow our heads." Haidar Abn'Zahi intones before chalicing himself, "Lord, let your wisdom guide these people as they speak on the behalf of their Kingdom, their people, and their hearts. Let honesty and truth prevail, as is the way of the right and just. We ask these thing in your name." [Haidar Abn'Zahi]

Samantha ab Vortina dips her head as she join in

A comely grey-eyed vixen with long-silk sable hair appears to be attempting to avoid notice.
A comely grey-eyed vixen with long-silk sable hair whispers quietly under her breath, "Lord be with us today," while forming a light chalice and nodding intently.

Hera 's hand once more comes to rest over her heart as she readies herself for prayer. When Haidar Abn'Zahi speaks up, her eyes lower respectfully throughout the prayer, and she chalices herself at the conclusion.

Kiana ab Beaufort nods inclining her head softly into a position of prayer as Ariel calls upon the Haidar Abn'Zahi to perform the prayer and the man begins, finally raising her head when the prayer is completed, chalicing herself softly, whispering quietly "Lord strengthen and guide us." before resting her hands against her side, demurely waiting for Samantha ab Vortina's answer to the question stated earlier by Ariel

Kaiden de Gorman bows his head and makes the chalice over himself as Haidar Abn'Zahi prays and finishes.

Chalicing himself at the conclusion of the prayer, Ariel follows up the gesture with a deep gulp of brandy: evidently his personal holy sacrament at the moment. "Excellent well, my lord. Now, my Lady Vortina?" [Ariel]

A wiry young woman with grey eyes bows her head, listening to the prayer, and then smoothly chalices herself and looks back up towards the group of nobles at the stage with a curious expression.

Maxwell Wattkil bows his head,with a soft sigh of breath as he pauses en-route to Haidar Abn'Zahi. Well, he doesn't quite pause, but he slows his way through the crowd.

Kiyarin ab Valareaux bows her head as a massive lothos Ovcharka with dark brown and silverish fur starts to say a prayer, the lady clasping her hands before her chest, as she listens quietly. When the prayer is done, Kiyarin ab Valareaux murmurs a soft little prayer of her own, before she looks back up at the crowd, "Lord be with us."

A Vandagan male with black hair and green eyes appears to be attempting to avoid notice.
A Vandagan male with black hair and green eyes bows his head and closes his eyes when the words are spoken, making the Sign of the Chalice once the prayer has been concluded. "Lord bless us on this day, for we are fortunate to have been bestowed the merriness that has been laid out before us." he whispers solemnly.

Martine op Fournier arrives from the east
Martine op Fournier slows to a halt.

Hera appears to be attempting to avoid notice.
Hera seems a touch more stately in her bearing after the prayer, the ritual of it seeming to have helped her to focus and throw off the fun and frivolity of the festival itself. Still, she smiles, directing her gaze out at the square.

A chattering passerby replies to a bit of gossip, "Oh Good Lord! Did you see that lady in Bluebirds just now? A plump, blond-haired teenage woman, wearing blue and lilac? She had her hair down! How completely scandalous! No good lady in their right mind would be seen in public with their hair down. Only women of the night do such unspeakable things. I do hope she's not one of those noble ladies here for the council. ". [Rumor #16]

Haidar Abn'Zahi remains silent after the prayer, settling back against a large, ash-gray destrier dappled with darker spots as he awaits the questions to be posed, and their respective answers.

Sebastian holds his own personal debate between two large glasses of wine. No word on who is winning yet, but it's probably -joy- by a wide margin.

"...So," Maxwell Wattkil offers to Haidar Abn'Zahi, taking a brief second to bounceh is brows. "...Here- Are you going to be debating? I brought something for each debater." [Maxwell Wattkil]

Haidar Abn'Zahi shakes his head slowly as Maxwell Wattkil speaks to him, "I run an Army my friend, that is enough politics for me. The candiates are currently on the stage."

Beronica Destral keeps her eye trained upon the stage after the prayer as she awaits to hear Samantha ab Vortina's response.

Samantha ab Vortina raises her head as soon as the prayer is done and looks back to Ariel "Back to the debate now. Why I should be regent above the others is not a question i feel comfortable answering. Each candidate has good reasons to be regent that i can not deny. However what i feel places me above my competitors is that fact i intend to be a speaker for the people. The gentry and freeman make up more of lithmore than the nobles do. As such they should have more say in how -their- kingdom is ran. And given that most of the competitors only arrived in lithmore as soon as the baronial council was called i doubt how much they know about the people they truly wish to represent. I have spent the last year in lithmore and have come to know the people here quite well.. However lady ab Chevalier also knows these people better than I and i feel she is my only real competitor in this matter.." However she takes a breath as she lets her response waft to those listening

"Right. Suppose anyone would mind if I gave each of them a bottle of Vodka and a bottle of Rice Wine?" Maxwell Wattkil asks of Haidar Abn'Zahi. "..You need plenty of drinks if you're into politics." [Maxwell Wattkil]

"Interesting." Ariel's expression gives nothing away as to his reaction. "My Lady ab Beaufort, I've heard you position yourself as the candidate of the people. How would you answer the question, given Lady ab Vortina's response and your own... personal qualities?" [Ariel]

Sebastian could only be getting more familiar with this cask of fine rice wine if he was inside it, and it's effects are starting to show. Gesturing grandly with his glass and nearly spilling some wine, he asks rhetorically of those around him, "She supporting others, or self? Could no tell."

Martine op Fournier's head bobs with her click-clacked pace into the side of the crowd spilling into the crossroads. Sharp eyes zag a run over the collected populace, waving banners, and the pavilion itself while she slows, and finds herself a place to stand and observe proceedings.

Hera makes a gesture of acknowledgement to Samantha ab Vortina as she is named as the only real competitor, although a light shake of her head follows as if she doesn't really agree with the point.

A comely grey-eyed vixen with long-silk sable hair "Interesting..." is what comes from a comely grey-eyed vixen with long-silk sable hair's lips as she looks upon the candidates on the stage, there isn't much of a hint as to what she may have been feeling at the first response but she does perk a brow at the following candidate, hoping the other answer my be a little more concrete.

A lad with deep amber eyes and waist-length hair pulls his hood up as the morning chill arrives. His head is turned away from the debate, instead eyeing the few who're arriving to observe.

Kiyarin ab Valareaux listens to the words that are being spoken, her eyes flicking towards Hera when her name is mentioned, but the lady lets no expression show on her face. She remains completely neutral in her stance for now.

[Action: Martine op Fournier watches the debates with crossed arms, eyes partially shaded by the angular tilt of hat.]

"I listen to the input of others." Kiana ab Beaufort states after a moment, evidently taken a little off balance by Ariel's redirection of the question to herself "Many of the prominent members of the gentry, as well as the freeman often feel as if they cannot approach members of the nobility about their problems. By being approachable, they are far more willing to talk to me." she smiles wryly and glances toward sma "Take the Grand Magnate for example." she murmurs softly "He is undoubtably one of the most important members of the gentry inside of the city-yet, due to.... concerns he had about another canditate's ah... impartiality towards him and his own guild would be concerned. He came to me and expressed them." she pauses, sea-green eyes coming to rest upon Samantha ab Vortina "In fact, I believe he was extremely concerned about your enmity with him. Lady ab Vortina." she murmurs to the woman [Kiana ab Beaufort]

Arynon von Eclen rides in from the east
A sleek, vicious-looking, black-furred wolf has arrived.
A weathered looking warrior has arrived.
Arynon von Eclen slows to a halt.

"I'm sure the Grand Magnate -did- come to you, Lady ab Beaufort... leaving that question aside for the moment, Lady ab Valareaux? What is it you feel you have to offer - why should you be the regent?" Ariel turns his benign half-smile Kiyarin ab Valareaux's way. [Ariel]

Sebastian lets out a burst of incredibly loud, inappropriate laughter at Ariel's words, making no effort to conceal his mirth.

Arynon von Eclen arrives atop a well-muscled brown destrier of average height, a weathered looking warrior following close behind, and a sleek, vicious-looking, black-furred wolf and a sleek, vicious-looking, black-furred wolf flanking either side of the horse, stopping as he listens to the debate.

A wiry young woman with grey eyes appears to be attempting to avoid notice.
A wiry young woman with grey eyes smirks faintly to herself, and cocks her head, looking to the next candidate on the platform.

[Action: Arynon von Eclen is seated atop a well-muscled brown destrier of average height with a sleek, vicious-looking, black-furred wolf and a sleek, vicious-looking, black-furred wolf sitting nearby as a weathered looking warrior watches the crowd.]

Hera waits patiently for her turn, eyes scanning the crowd, smiling pleasantly throughout.

Arches her brow minutely as she hears Kiana ab Beaufort but apparently does not seem to care enough to make a comment on the woman's statement since it is obvious everyone knows that Samantha ab Vortina and alphos has a certain dispute. Instead her eyes drift to Kiyarin ab Valareaux awaiting a response [Samantha ab Vortina]

Beronica Destral appears to be attempting to avoid notice.
Beronica Destral sighs and shakes her head at Samantha ab Vortina's answer before listening to kia's.

Swishes his silvery mane against his dappled rump, a male dappled grey destrier next holds it up vertically, clenching his rump muscles and depositing a big pile of horse turd over by the stabling areas where he's tied up. [a male dappled grey destrier]

Haidar Abn'Zahi leaves east
A large, ash-gray destrier dappled with darker spots leaves east.

A massive lothos Ovcharka with dark brown and silverish fur approaches Arynon von Eclen's wolves seeming to consider the animals for a second before heading back to his small patch of land

Martine op Fournier chews the inside of a cheek, flicking her gaze from speaker to speaker. Her jaw untightens, however, for Hera, as that lady's eyes trail over her corner of the crowd. A short, tight smile delivers, paired with a subtle nod.

Arynon von Eclen appears to be attempting to avoid notice.
Arynon von Eclen does something under his cloak that isn't seen by any paying any attention to him.

Hera 's eye catches Martine op Fournier's for the split of a moment, giving her a soft nod and a curved smile in return before her eyes shift towards the lady that has been asked to speak.

Kaiden de Gorman continues to stand near the front of the stage, eyes focused on the canidates with an occasionaly glance over the crowd.

Beth leaves east
A floppy-eared brown dog with a curl of a tail leaves east.

Kiyarin ab Valareaux flicks her eyes towards Kiana ab Beaufort and Samantha ab Vortina for a moment, as the pair seem rather intent on simply downgrading the other, the lady looking perhaps a touch disappointed. As she is called upon, Kiyarin ab Valareaux turns a smile towards Ariel and nods her head politely, "Thank you, Lord le Orban. All of the ladies on the stage with me have fine qualities that they bring with them, and all of us, for different reasons, I believe, would be good regents. For myself, I am very new to Lithmore, and while others may see this as a disadvantage, I do not. There are ongoing problems within the city that need to be addressed, and a pair of fresh eyes is always an advantage in that situation. I have no bias, no ties to any particular faction, or group of people, test respect all in the same fashion. Each person, each Barony, each County... Every farmer, merchants, soldier and courtier has a quality that offers something unique and wonderful to this city. I intend to harness those talents, bring the people together to aid each other where they can. It has long since been a tradition in Eastgale that we open up the doors to my family manor once a month, an open invite for all to attend, and bring forth news, pleas for aid, ideas and projects that would improve the city. At these gatherings, we listen to everyone that takes their time to come, and then spend the next month working on fixing whatever issues are drawn to our attention, giving each and every person within Eastgale a job, a purpose... Our levels of unemployment are next to none, our crime rate is low, our people work together for the good of all, and I believe that is something that would benefit the Kingdom, as a whole."

A Vandagan male with black hair and green eyes appears to be attempting to avoid notice.
A Vandagan male with black hair and green eyes leans back in his seat on the pavilion, resting an arm over his tunic with half-full wineglass in one hand and the other resting upon it to cradle his chin under a finger, giving each of the candidates a scrutinizing look as they give their statements.

Marisa rides in from the east
A stocky, sandy-haired bodyguard with a square jaw has arrived.
A petite young woman with strawberry blonde ringlets has arrived.
A tall, slender manservant with light brown hair has arrived.
A lithe male knight with wavy blond hair has arrived.
Marisa slows to a halt.

A wiry, hazel-eyed man appears to be attempting to avoid notice.
A wiry, hazel-eyed man quietly adjusts himself at his seat, listening to the candidates curiously, head swiveling from one to the other

[Action: Sebastian appears to be very close to embracing a cask of rice wine as he watches the debate.]

Lloyd le Tarrow rides in from the east
Lloyd le Tarrow veers to the east.

Lloyd le Tarrow rides east, sagged over his mount's neck and blood dripping from him as he rides.

"I see, my lady ab Valareaux; also a champion of the people," Ariel tells Kiyarin ab Valareaux, in even tones that again give no hint as to his feelings about the woman's responses. "Well, then. My lady ab Chevalier, it falls to you to finish up this question: what, then, makes you the best candidate for the regency?" [Ariel]

Arynon von Eclen turns and smiles as he notices Marisa's entrance into the square, offering her a bow of the head, then returning his attention to the debate at hand.

A comely grey-eyed vixen with long-silk sable hair carefully mounts A mighty black-midnight steed with a long silver mane.

Kaiden de Gorman turns towards the man that rode threw the crowd with blood dripping from him, a question look cross his features as he looks towards the direction he left and then back to the Nobles at hand.

A comely grey-eyed vixen with long-silk sable hair quickly rises to her feet as an odd occurrence seemed to catch her attention, she bites her lip and carefully tugs along her cloak, and readying her blade to bare. " Give me a moment...to see what that was all about," a comely grey-eyed vixen with long-silk sable hair addresses a Vandagan male with black hair and green eyes, casually offering a person wearing a worn and patched cloak, displaying the Scales of Justice a glance as well before mounted her steed and began to ride off to the east.

Samantha ab Vortina considers Kiyarin ab Valareaux's response softly as she hears this and nods softly though to herself she gently says "It seems that Lothos and Eastgale are not very different in the long run." she says softly enough that only those on the stage would likely hear it

Marisa raises an eyebrow slightly to find Ariel up on the stage moderating, though accented with a small smile. She dismounts and passes off the reins to a tall, slender manservant with light brown hair to get the horse out of the way and moves up to settle in and watch.

A comely grey-eyed vixen with long-silk sable hair rides east

A Vandagan male with black hair and green eyes hops to his feet after seeing the scene and noddles his head quickly, "I'll be back promptly," he says, moving toward the Crossroads with a hasty step. a large brown chicken with custom-made, chainmail bodice appears to be insistent on following him at his heels, almost getting a kick after every few steps.

Sebastian spots Marisa approaching and waves both arms at her cheerily, "My Lady! I find good wine. Want good wine?" He thunks the cask next to him affectionately, beckoning the woman over, "Your lord husband is best... uh... uh... argue manage person! He manage best argue."

A Vandagan male with black hair and green eyes leaves east taking graceful strides as he walks.
A large brown chicken with custom-made, chainmail bodice leaves east.

Hera speaks up, and she moves about the stage as she speaks, "Lord Orban, if I may... we're sure that Lady Beaufort and Vortina are not here to be elected mayor of Lithmore? I dare say that that is as far as their goals seem to spread- I'd be more than happy to support either. We're sure? Alright..." Smiling, she leans back again to address the question. "To be regent is to be one thing primarily above all else. It is to see to the protection, the education and well being of our Queen Caitrin ab Samael. All else fades before that. As regent, I intend to trust in the respected Lords and Ladies of the state. The Earl Marshall and the Justiciar on matters of security and military, the Matriarch on spiritual concerns. The good lady just arriving on matters mercantile," she adds, directing a hand at Marisa as she arrives. "I will trust the people around me, while I focus on my niece's well being, on ensuring that the great lords and ladies work well together for the betterment of our kingdom, and on the court."

"I would love some good wine," Marisa answers to Sebastian with a light smile. "And he ees rather a natural, mm?"

Sebastian fetches a glass and fills it for Marisa, blinking heavy brows at the cask as he does so, "He very good say two thing with one thing." Swaying a little on his feet, he continues, "Lady, have much important ask. No approve servant drink much?" Gee, now why would he be worried about that?

Samantha ab Vortina turns to look at Hera and she seems to be nearly speechless but not in an offended way but in a shocked manner but alas she shakes her head sadly and looks back to Ariel "If i may have the floor for a second lord le orban.. I wish to counter that statement. Afterall this is a debate, not an interview."

"A very different answer, my lady ab Chevalier." Inscrutable as ever, Ariel punctuates his response with yet another mouthful of brandy. "Yet I do believe it's fair to say that our regent must not only be the steward of our Princess, but the steward of Lithmore itself. Given that position, many difficult decisions will present themselves. You are correct this is a debate, my lady ab Vortina, and I had intended to introduce a different question to truly begin discussion... but if you feel moved to reply, then very well - reply." [Ariel]

Dice

Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:03 pm

Miley arrives from the east
Miley slows to a halt.

Miley enters the church square, a half bitten apple in hand. She quickly goes over towards the wine area clasping two to three glasses within one hand. "Hello hello," Miley says fairly generally, despite the proceedings.

"So long as you maintain a control of your decorum, eet should be just fine, Meester Barca," Marisa assures Sebastian quietly with a light chuckle. "I am not opposed to people enjoying themselves, especially not for a celebration. Eef you start braying like a donkey, we might have something else to say about that."

Samantha ab Vortina nods to Ariel as he comments "If you intend to now start the debate then pose your question. I am hopeful that what i wish answered will likely be answered from your questions."

Sebastian turns to present the glass to Marisa with a deep, somewhat off-balance bow, "That much good! Though," He gives the woman that huge, toothy grin he so favours, "You know bray like donkey with no drink, so can no promise..."

Hera seems a little perturbed with herself as she settles back after her answer, as if not entirely happy with the sound or direction of what she had said.

"Very well, then. I believe one problem above all others troubles the Kingdom at the moment: my ladies, what do you intend to do about Daravi?" Ariel asks it point-blank of the candidates, a faint smile playing about his lips. "Lady ab Chevalier, as you spoke last in the first round, you shall speak first in this round: the rest of you are free to answer her and one another." [Ariel]

Beronica Destral appears to be attempting to avoid notice.
Beronica Destral chuckles a little under her breath as she watches Sebastian actions. Though her attention is soon brought back to the stage.

Kaiden de Gorman turns and fully watches the canidates closely as Ariel asks the question, a natural demeanor with his lips pursed in a thin line.

[Action: Miley settles down near the front row, seated on the ground with a hazy expression.]

Samantha ab Vortina turns her attention to Hera as she focuses on her awaiting the response

Hera steps forward to do just that, "Thank you, my Lord." She takes a deep breath, and then smacks her fist into her opposite hand, "I have lost brothers to the blades of the Daravi. I have lost neighbours and friends to their cruelty. My husband is a member of the Knights Lithmorran and my brother in law has committed his life to ridding us of their curse." She looks around firmly as she says, "How many more men would we lose that way without gain? That has happened too many time. We must be smart. My plan is thus, we must firstly reinforce Edessa and Queen's Landing. Make them strong so that they may not be assailed. From that strength we can push forward to make further gains. The lives of those lost in past years must not be in vain, and so our push must be strong and steady. I see a day in the future when all of Daravi sits under the flags of Lithmore and all of her people chalice themselves as they tuck their children in at night." She nods to Ariel to signify that she is done and returns to her place.

Miley offers a slight applaud to Hera, seeming to find her answer to be fairly feasible.

"If the other candidates wish to reply - feel free to go right ahead," Ariel invites the noblewomen with a bow of his head, faint smile firmly in place. [Ariel]

A muscular man with brown hair and green eyes arrives from the east
A huge bullmastiff with black-spotted coat has arrived.
A muscular man with brown hair and green eyes slows to a halt.

Kiyarin ab Valareaux waits for Hera to form her answer, nodding at the ladies words before she takes a moment to offer her opinion, "I intend to call a meeting with the Knights and the Reeves, and get their opinion on the matter. I am no military tactician. We have experts in these fields, as Dame ab Chevalier has pointed out. Our best chance at keeping the Kingdom safe, until it can be passed to the hands of the Princess Royal, when she comes of age, is to use our combined resources. Again, my belief that fresh eyes looking at such a matter, the combined efforts of both our protective guilds, I believe we can work together to form a strategy to keep Lithmore safe from our southern foe. Knowing one's strengths and weaknesses is exceedingly important, and knowing who to call upon for such aid is what I believe makes for a good leader. Working together as a whole, not believing one's self to be the pillar of all knowledge."

A muscular man with brown hair and green eyes enters Church Square and looks back toward the Crossroads, quirking a brow to just about every authority figure present. "A Knight stands just over there, covered in blood," he points east, "And just about every other Orderite stands around for a fff-" The word is strained with an unseen rage, but he leaves it incomplete, "debate? No disrespect, but explain this to me." (repose)

Arynon von Eclen looks to a muscular man with brown hair and green eyes, looking toward the crossroads, then moving a well-muscled brown destrier of average height to start in that direction, intent on seeing what is going on.

Beronica Destral stands up from her place on the bench and makes her way east into the crossroads at a muscular man with brown hair and green eyes's words.

Beronica Destral leaves east leaning heavily upon a carved willow tree cane wrapped with its draping branches.

Arynon von Eclen leaves east
A weathered looking warrior leaves east.
A sleek, vicious-looking, black-furred wolf leaves east.
A sleek, vicious-looking, black-furred wolf leaves east.
A well-muscled brown destrier of average height leaves east.

"And you, instead of helping him, come in here to scold your betters?" Ariel arches a scornful brow down at a muscular man with brown hair and green eyes. "It does not take an entire corps to help a single man. Go take care of it and hold your tongue better in the future." [Ariel]

A towering, muscular young man turns in surprise at the announcement by a muscular man with brown hair and green eyes, moving to rise until he sees the Prime and Sir Arynon departing quickly, at which he sits back down again

"You both raise good points." Kiana ab Beaufort states incling her head towards the pair "Yourself Lady ab Chevalier about the need to reinforce the front. And Lady ab Kiyarin as well. I am no military tacticion either." she pauses "Yet I will not commit Lithmore to an assault that will cost the lives of many of it's people for little if any gains." she shakes her head and sighs softly "Better to bide our time and attempt a peaceful resolution, while we gather strength and reposition." as a muscular man with brown hair and green eyes enters, she continues to speak "If-" at that she is cutoff eyes widening in suprisse as she looks off to the crossroads even as men and women move off to tend to the man. [Kiana ab Beaufort]

A muscular man with brown hair and green eyes shoots a look toward Ariel and shakes his head, "I'm looking out for my comrades," is all he says before he turns, a blue cotton cloak bearing the Crossed Swords on a Chalice swirling dramatically behind him with quick steps.

remember muscular Fool
From here on you will remember a muscular man with brown hair and green eyes as Fool.

Kaiden de Gorman lets his fingers graze a single-flange of his six-flanged mace as his hands stay against his belt, turning to stare at Fool before looking back to watch the canidates.

Sebastian turns to look at Marisa after watching the debate in silence for a few minutes, "Oh, must say. Such thanks. When get your letter..." He clasps his hands, wringing them, "Much beauty. Have already start use."

"You might have done better to actually -look out for him- yourself," Ariel sharply informs Fool. "You are out of line in your utter disrespect and I shall have your name before you depart." To the women on stage, he offers an apologetic lift of a hand. "Do continue." [Ariel]

Marisa gives a frown to Fool's words. "M'lord. Eef you eentend to address the Baron, please do so properly. Obviously the eessue was not brought to our attention, but I think you should be off to see to eet now." Her eyebrows raise, suggesting Fool's dismissal.

Samantha ab Vortina looks over at Hera offering a gentle applaud "I must say that is truly a wonderful response on the daravi. And to you as well lady ab Valareaux.. I sadly can not state anything that has not already been stated since both have stated parts of what I intended. However to lady ab Valareaux i must ask... Did lady ab Samael not already meet with the Justiciar and earl marshalls during her time of being monarch? However it is still something that must continue for even if a person is a master of military tactics it helps to have the the views of others in such a..." she seems to consider the proper term "long war campaign." she looks back to Ariel "I sadly have nothing to add except to commend these three on their plans on the daravi matter."

Hera speaks up in a snap in the wake of what Kiana ab Beaufort says, although she maintains a measured voice, "I think I speak for every man and woman in Farin to say that we are committed to the war with the Daravi, and for most every faithful child of the church that stands here today. I say there can be no peace with a rabid dog. No diplomacy with the lion that comes to steal your children. The only language to speak is the language of the sword," and with that, she pats a hand to the scimitar that sits, peace-tied, on her hip.

"No disrespect to you, my Lord. I'm upset, is all. Apologies if I offended. Verlimon dul Lashalt," Fool introduces, laying a finger on a small silver chalice necklace with tiny pearls inset before turning yet again, not sparing more time for debate.

Fool leaves east
A huge bullmastiff with black-spotted coat leaves east.

Arynon von Eclen arrives from the east
A weathered looking warrior has arrived.
A well-muscled brown destrier of average height has arrived.
Arynon von Eclen slows to a halt.

"Booo! Get off the Stage! You suck! Why even bother running?!" Miley exclaims towards Samantha ab Vortina, hands cupped over her mouth as she hears everyone speak, finally offering her own thoughts which more or less probably should have stayed within that thick head of hers. Her cheeks are rosen slightly, perhaps a little too much to drink already. [Miley]

Beronica Destral arrives from the east leaning heavily upon a carved willow tree cane wrapped with its draping branches. Beronica Destral continues to the west.

A Vandagan male with black hair and green eyes arrives from the east taking graceful strides as he walks., carrying Lloyd le Tarrow.
A large brown chicken with custom-made, chainmail bodice has arrived.
A Vandagan male with black hair and green eyes continues to the west.

Beronica Destral leaves west

A Vandagan male with black hair and green eyes leaves west, carrying Lloyd le Tarrow.
A large brown chicken with custom-made, chainmail bodice leaves west.

Hera looks to be more than a little fired up here, as the discussion about the Daravi continues apace. There can be no doubting it is a personal subject to her.

A comely grey-eyed vixen with long-silk sable hair rides in from the east
A comely grey-eyed vixen with long-silk sable hair continues to the west.

As the man leaves, Ariel exhales a short sigh. His attention is just returning to the stage when Miley's shout rings out. "Quiet your insolent tongue, lass! The candidates are not here to be chastised by you," he snaps toward the woman. "It is not your place to speak so disrespectfully." That said, he turns a sharp smile to the noblewomen. [Ariel]

A comely grey-eyed vixen with long-silk sable hair rides west

Samantha ab Vortina laughs softly as she hears Miley "Everyone is allowed to their views on matters miss.. I and no one else have a right to hold your views against you on this matter." It seems she is taking a peacefull vuew

"I do not feel that peace-a true peace is possible either." Kiana ab Beaufort states to Hera "But if they submit themselves to Dav's laws. Their mages to the question, their leadership to be help accountable?" she states to the woman "Are we to burn them all every last man woman and child? There are those there who carry no taint. Should we cause them needless pain and suffering by prosecuting a war that we need not." she shakes her head "No matter what happens though Lady ab Chevalier. I do agree. The Daravi must be dealt with one way or another." [Kiana ab Beaufort]

Kaiden de Gorman tries to stay passive as talks of -peace- with the daravi continue to spew from the mouths of the canidates.

Arynon von Eclen enters the square as he hears Miley yelling up to the stage, moving closer to the stage, he speaks in a voice loud enough to be heard, " Everyone should remember that all those running for Regent are Nobles, and any commoner who insults any of them will be kept company by my wolves, is that understood?" he asks, eyes directed noticeably at Miley.

Cambrea rides in from the east
Cambrea continues to the west.

Cambrea rides west.

Hearing the muscular man's words, Kiyarin ab Valareaux looks rather shocked at the man's disrespectful conduct, the lady shaking her head slowly before she turns her attention back to the debate. When the question is posed to her by Samantha ab Vortina, Kiyarin ab Valareaux nods her head, "And since the Reign of Queen Cellan ab Samuel has ceased, the ranks of those within both guilds has recently changed. Fresh eyes, My Lady, to look upon an old issue. Asking the younger members of the guild their ideas, taking the knowledge from those around us whom know more than we do." Turning towards Hera when she offers her words, Kiyarin ab Valareaux nods her head, "The Daravi will not cease their efforts against us, and thus I stand with Dame ab Chevalier that we should not stand by and simply wait for our enemy to know on the door. But, I will call upon the expertise of those around me to find an appropriate solution." [Kiyarin ab Valareaux]

Samantha ab Vortina looks to Kiyarin ab Valareaux arching a brow slightly "You comment was completely unnecessary lady ab Valareaux since i agreed with what you stated." however she tacts on "It is great and all to say the daravi issue can not continue.. However Lady ab Chevalier is so far the only one to suggest how such a end can be met by her statement on Eddessa and Queen's landing."

[Action: Arynon von Eclen is standing near the stage, watching the crowd, a weathered looking warrior, a sleek, vicious-looking, black-furred wolf and a sleek, vicious-looking, black-furred wolf following suit.]

"Allow me to pose a new question, my ladies." Ariel lifts a hand to signal to the noblewomen. "As it seems a certain sort of agreement has been reached here. Many of you spoke of yourselves as champions of the commoners and gentry. How, then, do all of you see yourselves as relating to the common folk? What is the appropriate role of the nobility and the Regent in dealing with commoners... particularly disrespectful ones?" He slants a glance Miley's way. [Ariel]

"But she isn't even debating, she is just giving it up to the others," Miley whines at Ariel but shuts her lips once Arynon von Eclen brought about the threat of wolves. She bits down on her lip, seeping some blood and shakes her head negatively. "Whatever..." Miley muses and just sits back to watch more of such a lame debate. [Miley]

Hera seems a touch surprised by Samantha ab Vortina's backing her against another candidate, giving the other woman a curious glance followed by a slight nod.

A wiry, hazel-eyed man appears to be attempting to avoid notice.
A wiry, hazel-eyed man sits up straighter in his seat, trying to get a better view as the debate begins to devolve into a back and forth with commoners in the crowd

Arynon von Eclen takes a few more steps closer to Miley, eyes still on her, " The appropriate comment would have been, yes my lord." he states to her, then turning to watch the debate as it goes on.

Kaiden de Gorman shakes his head as he listens to Miley outburst again, stepping towards her and keeping his voice low as he speaks as to not disturb any other proceedings, "These Ladies upon the stage are Nobles and you will respect and treat them as such. I do not care what your personal views are on them, you will not voice them. Do not make a scene where a scene does not need to be made Miss Miley. "

Samantha ab Vortina looks to Ariel at the posing of the question "You wish to know? We need to learn that fine line between being feared and respected.. How many commoner's hold their tongue because of an innate fear that they will be met by the end of a whip? I feel that the nobility as a whole need to learn how to get off their high-horses and allow those below them to speak. Now that does not mean commoner's can speak disrespectfully but we can never know what a commoner wishes to say unless they are given a chance to speak. That does not mean we shall not punish those who disrespect but not everything needs to be met by the raw end of a whip. We should be respected not feared."

Kiyarin ab Valareaux also raises a brow at Samantha ab Vortina as she contradicts herself, but the lady's attention turns back to Ariel as he poses the next question. Kiyarin ab Valareaux smooths a hand over a silk strapless, chartreuse overgown split down the center to smooth the fabric as it catches in the breeze, the lady offering a little smile, "I believe, My Lord, that each and every person in the Kingdom should be treated with respect. Being born nobility is being born to privilege, be born into a position where we are in front of the the eyes of many, and therefore, should be setting an example as to how we conduct ourselves." Gesturing towards Miley as she makes her statements, Kiyarin ab Valareaux takes a step in the woman's direction, "This lady here, is clearly quite displeased with what she is seeing today. She has a right to be displeased." Kiyarin ab Valareaux offers the lady a soft smile, but then turns her attention back to the crowd, "But, there are better ways to express displeasure. If we suffer our people to be uneducated in proper conduct, then punish them for their lack of education, then are we not first creating bad behaviour only to punish it? Education is the key to solving these sorts of issues, and at the very last resort, more drastic measures."

Maxwell Wattkil sort of watches with a faint kind of blankness, sniffing to himself with arms settled into a cross, but he does try and worm his way closer to the stage.

Arynon von Eclen watches Maxwell Wattkil as he approaches the stage, face darkening a bit and a frown starting to form as the man continues on.

Hera nods at Ariel's question and then smiles as Samantha ab Vortina refers to a high horse, "Allow me to try to answer... and I will return to my beliefs as laid out by the heirarchy of sins. In it, it states that all people should know and act the role that the Lord of the Springs has set for them. Think of the kingdom as a horse. The role of the noble is to be that of the benevolent but guiding hand that controls the reigns- firmly to give direction. The gentry are the reigns and harness that sit over the horse and give them structure and comfort. The stability and feeling of safety, for the gentry make up the bulk of our knights, our highest ranking reeves, our merchants and bards. The common people are the horse. Strong, reliable and without them, none of us will get nowhere. Without the gentry, they will have no structure, without the nobility there is no guidance to push this great Lithmorran beast towards a focused goal. Sometimes, when your horse lacks discipline, they need to be taught. Sometimes that training comes with a whip."

"You can go mind your own business mister Gorman, I don't think I raise my voiced to you, but I will if I must," Miley returns and then shakes her head at Arynon von Eclen. Finally she turns a more fair smirk towards Samantha ab Vortina and a tall, slender manservant with light brown hair "See now they are speaking right, how are we suppose to communicate if no one will listen? Or if we are threatened by being mauled by wolves from the nobility?" Miley cants a head to Arynon von Eclen but then smiles at Samantha ab Vortina "Thank you for voicing YOUR opinion Lady Vortina!" she spoke, more so respectfully than pointedly. "OOh yes, whips and chains," Miley mocks Hera, more so under her breath rather than vocal as her previous comments. [Miley]

"Many of the gentry and the commoners have lost trust in the nobility-not the crown itself, but in the nobility. Some of our members-one in particular who comes to mind have done senseless damage to that relationship. There is a sense that we are not to be trusted." she pauses hesitating slightly "And in a sense they are correct. We should have taken action to reign in our own when they became an issue. The..... exploits of Casimir ab Azadar upon the freemen and gentry of the city are infamous and well known." Kiana ab Beaufort shakes her head softly and falls silent, considering before turning to Ariel "I have to disagree with Lady ab Vortina in some ways myself. We must be respected. That is true. But fear does nothing but breed resentment of the nobility. Much as Casimir did before his..... fall. Do we want to be thought of as.... Piuso's, caring for the people below us, working for reform and change." Another short pause ensues "Or do we wish to be known as Casimir has become to be?" This time, the pause lasts longer, drawing out for several moments "For myself, I wish that the nobility be viewed as the first. Not, the second." (fix) [Kiana ab Beaufort]

Kaiden de Gorman turns his back to Miley and watches Ariel as if waiting for something as Miley outbursts again, a frown crossing his features and giving a small shake of his head.

Samantha ab Vortina looks to Hera "Yet would you have your horse fear your or respect you? For if your horse is constantly afraid of the whip it may get jumpy as soon as it sees another with a whip. You must guide them not beat them. As such so many were ready to lash out at the woman in the crowd.. yet i allowed her to state what she wished.. I did not silence her like some fly buzzing in my ear." However at Kiana ab Beaufort's comment she arches her brow "I never stated i wished the nobles to be feard lady ab beaufort."

Sebastian quietly steps up behind Miley and upends his glass of wine over the woman's head without uttering a word to her. Over her now sodden head, he calls up to the stage in halting, awkward Lithmorran, "Put fire out! Please to go on."

"Piuso? The Cardinal who was defrocked due to his illegitimate relationship while in the Cardinalate and revealed, after death, to be a member of the Brotherhood of the Common Goods?" Ariel checks with Kiana ab Beaufort, his tone bland and even. "Asking for clarification if that is who you mean." Glancing back to the audience toward Miley, he seems about to speak when Sebastian lifts his wineglass. "...ah." [Ariel]

Hera considers Samantha ab Vortina, and makes a retort "Respect is the aim, my Lady. Did I say anything about beating to a bloody pulp? No, my intent was clearly that discipline is the key. Stern, strong and fair." When Ariel queries Kiana ab Beaufort's statement, she too looks at her somewhat askance.

A chattering passerby replies to a bit of gossip, "The whole house Azadar oughtta be shipped into them inquisitorial chambers, if you ask me. Ain't that Marquis got kids and babes? How 'bout his servants, eh? Witches an' demon-summoners, the lot of 'em. I'll bank on it. That house bard of his, too. I always knew she were a damn familiar. ". [Rumor #12]

Arynon von Eclen seems about to say something to Miley once again, but as Sebastian up-ends his drink on her head, he pinches the bridge of his nose, then makes a hand gesture to a weathered looking warrior, who nods and adjusts his tance, preparing for things.

Kiyarin ab Valareaux shakes her head as she says to Samantha ab Vortina, "Much like you smack the hand of a child to keep it from touching a flame, much as we are educated in the manner of proper conduct, sometimes that education comes with a sharp sting, My Lady." And then hearing Ariel's words, Kiyarin ab Valareaux pauses, turning to look at Kiana ab Beaufort for a moment, before she flicks a questioning look in Hera's direction. Still, the lady remains quiet on the matter of the cardinal.

"I speak of his public position." Kiana ab Beaufort murmur softly "And who knows what the man was thinking? I do not support his actions-nor his own membership of the brotherhood. I speak only of his stated goals for the church and the people it served. If he had not fallen to his own temptation. I wonder... what he might have accomplished." [Kiana ab Beaufort]

Maxwell Wattkil sort of just- He watches the events go on, and maybe a tiny grin comes to his face. Unlike many of the combat saavy sorts in the area, he seems more likely to just relax and not worry a tiddlebit of what's going to 'happen'.

Hera doesn't seem as if she's about to debate Kiana ab Beaufort on her words. It is clear that she doesn't stand with her, but she's avoiding being drawn in at this stage, her eyes once more scanning the crowd.

Miley simply "ughs..." as the wine is poured over her head, lathering her clothing and soaking her locks, she didn't get flustered if anything it seems to help, she just sits there in a sticky mess letting out a soft sigh. She hoped she got her point across on the topic...

Samantha ab Vortina looks to Kiyarin ab Valareaux and nods "I am not saying punishiment is not neccessary.. Only that we should not be so quick to punish. To me it seems that.. for lack of a better term eagerness is what has lead the people to fear us a bit.. However it does not help when we have nobles like casimir who only serve to tarnish the title of noble further." however she seems uninterested in goings on in the crowd

"I seem to have misspoken when earlier I stated I was unbiased. For I have one allegiance here, Lady ab Beaufort, and that is to the truth. I will not hear a man such as Piuso upheld as an exemplar of virtue." Ariel's voice is utterly cold and crisp, his faint smile having disappeared. "Now, then. Is there anyone in the crowd who wishes to put a question to our potential regents? Only respectful and polite questions shall be acknowledged." [Ariel]

Sebastian grins widely, toothily down at Miley, "Yes, much better. Much thanks to no talk bad to Lord Orban, yes?" He lifts his attention back up to the stage.

Kiyarin ab Valareaux smiles softly at Samantha ab Vortina's words as she shakes her head, "Perhaps you missed where I spoke about education, Lady ab Vortina, and more drastic measures being a last resort. I know there really is such a lot of conversation going on around you." Flicking her eyes towards Ariel, Kiyarin ab Valareaux nods her agreement with the man's words, leaving the subject of the late Cardinal off her topic of discussion.

Hera 's smile is directed out towards the crowd, searching amongst them with eager brown eyes as the invitation of asking questions is posed to them.

Kaiden de Gorman makes his way away from Miley and moves to stand back at the front of the stage, keeping his hands at his belt as he resumes his previous stance.

Arynon von Eclen looks to Ariel, motioning to him to let him know he'd like to pose a question to the debate when appropriate.

Samantha ab Vortina turns to look out at the crowd now as she watches the people almost seeming to try and predict who will ask

[Action: Kaiden de Gorman is standing at the base of the stage watching the canidates and crowd as a whole.]

"Lord von Eclen." Ariel indicates Arynon von Eclen as he catches the motion, inclining his head. "Do speak." [Ariel]

"He was no exemplar of virtue. As I believe I stated earlier" Kiana ab Beaufort states to the man eyes narrowing slightly in irritation "Yet it is true that he was beloved of the common people of the city is it not?" she says to the man "The position and direction that he attempted to lead the church united the people behind him in a way that they have not been since." [Kiana ab Beaufort]

[Action: Maxwell Wattkil is standing here, by the base of the stage.]

Samantha ab Vortina looks at Kiana ab Beaufort and arches a brow as she comments before looking over at Arynon von Eclen offering a neutral perhap displeased look to the man

As Kiana ab Beaufort continues her argument with Ariel, Kiyarin ab Valareaux raises a brow for a moment, shaking her head slowly, before her eyes turn towards Arynon von Eclen, waiting for the man's question to be posed. [Kiyarin ab Valareaux]

"Lady ab Beaufort, I would highly suggest you do not argue this matter with me. I was in Lithmore when Piuso was Cardinal. I witnessed his fall from grace, and the scorn the people rightly heaped upon him for his moral failings. I was there the day that his lover was executed and he was branded for the heresy of profaning his office. As a Davite I will -not- allow you to praise a man who broke his most holy and sacred vows," Ariel snaps at Kiana ab Beaufort, eyes afire. "This conversation is closed. We will now attend solely to Lord von Eclen's question." [Ariel]

Hera speaks up, however, to answer Kiana ab Beaufort, "I believe that there are far better exemplars of virtue out there to had. We stand in the shadow of St Aelwyn's cathedral after all. Perhaps look to that blessed one instead, my Lady." She smiles politely as that concludes.

Arynon von Eclen nods to Ariel, bowing his head to the man, then turning to the group on the stage, " As you all know, you will be pretenders to the throne if you become Regent, you will not be Queen, and you are putting up a good show of fighting for the right to carry the throne until the rightful Heir takes the throne itself, with all of this effort and support, all the lavish gifts you will get used to, all of the projects you are saying you will do, how do we know you will step down once the Queen is of age, and not simply try to keep the throne for yourself?"

Mister dul Meticus wanders into the vicinity. [login]
a gentlemanly valet wanders into the vicinity. [login]
A snow white Vanner mare, with a flowing white mane wanders into the vicinity. [login]

Samantha ab Vortina looks to Arynon von Eclen and smiles softly in a sarcastic way "Ah yes.. The big question.. Perhaps if you had been there at the meeting lord von eclen you would have heard that the regent can be voted out by a group of their peers..

Kiyarin ab Valareaux smiles at the question posed by Arynon von Eclen and nods her head once, "There is an easy answer to that, Lord von Eclen. None of us are the Queen, and it is our duty to protect her, not to usurp her right. I come here with the intention of protection of the crown at heart, and will be only too honoured to step aside and let the Princess Royal take her rightful place. I do not come here with lofty ambitions of becoming royalty, I come here as a loyal and concerned Baroness, wanting to protect the Kingdom I love, almost as much as I love the Lord himself."

Maxwell Wattkil stretches his arms out for a change, arms above his head a second, 'fore he lowers them back to a proper, snug cross with a sigh.

Hera stands forward, putting her hand over her heart, "I will say it simply my Lord. If Cellan were willing to stand here today, I would not. I would kneel right here and now, and hail her in my loudest voice. Yet, she has her reasons for not doing so," she adds, allowing a pause there but not elaborating, as that is not the purpose of the debate. "When the day comes for my niece to take her rightful place, I will step aside. I swear it on the heads of my sons." She keeps her eyes focused forward, lips pursed together with a certain intensity.

[Action: Mister dul Meticus is standing beside the pavillion, watching the debates happily.]

Ariel turns his gaze to Kiana ab Beaufort again to await her answer; his expression is composed again, but his eyes burn with cold anger.

Curos Arents arrives from the east.

Curos Arents pulls closed his cloak, hiding his garments.

Kiana ab Beaufort inclines her head to Ariel in acknowledgement of his point "I will defer to you on that." she turns to Hera "And you are right. St Aelwyn is perhaps a better example." she turns to Arynon von Eclen and nods consideringly to the man "A good question. And one which should be addressed." she says with a soft smile "There are measures in place to prevent such a thin from happening." she raises an eyebrow at Samantha ab Vortina's words "As Lady ab Vortina states." she pauses "Something which I myself plan to do which should alloy your fears Lord von Eclen is this. I do not intend to take a great deal in the instruction of the Princess. I will be leaving that duty to her mother, and of course her aunt." she says inclining her head towards Hera "The Dowager Queen has many years of practical experience in the ruling of Lithmore, and the Lady ab Chevalier is one of the most outstandingly virtuous peers in the kingdom."

Merlia ab Trenica arrives from the west
Merlia ab Trenica slows to a halt.

Marisa lifts a hand to indicate to Ariel, pulling her attention towards him and nodding over. Once he's caught it, she folds her hand back into her lap.

As Marisa's indication catches Ariel's eye, he inclines his head her way. "My lady wife has a question, which is bound to be excellent. Yes, Lady dul Damassande le Orban?" [Ariel]

Arynon von Eclen takes a step back, not continuing with anymore questioning, seeming to approve of at least one of the answers given to him.

Merlia ab Trenica steps into the square from the west, minding the groups of people as she looks to the stage carefully.

Miley is quiet, which is fairly surprising. The proceeds of the debate seems to be going well, she just bobs her head every now and then to flick the droplets of wine from her hair.

"Feel free to join us, my lady Trenica, if you wish," Ariel calls to Merlia ab Trenica across the crowd, waving up to the stage. [Ariel]

[Action: Curos Arents is standing off to the side, listening to the debate.]

Merlia ab Trenica looks over to Ariel and nods with a smile before she makes her way onto the stage carefully. "Thank you, my Lord le Orban. I had worried my business was going to make me miss this debate."

"Whenever they are content weeth their answers to that question," Marisa confirms to Ariel with an incline of her head. "Though I should note to those who are not aware that after two years, they weell need to ensure support again to maintain the poseetion, rather than holding eet through to the young queen's majoreety. But - my own question. What do you expect to face as the regent? Obviously, thees weell be new to any of you. Are you prepared?"

Kaiden de Gorman shifts his weight from foot to foot as he shifts his gaze to over the crowd, looking for anything out of the norm.

Samantha ab Vortina looks to Marisa and smiles "That is an excellent question. I will admit none of us can say we are truly prepared for one can ever be fully prepared.. However I can say that i have been trying to mentall prepare myself for this eventualility. For me i have been thinking of lothos and imagining it nearly 100 times it's size.. It is not an easy task but it is the best way i can think to prepare myself.. However i also realize i will likely be looking to my peers or even lady ab samael for guidance if i may need it since she served as monarch for so long and regent is similar in position to monarch."

Arynon von Eclen watches the group of debaters as he waits for responses, eyes moving from one to the other in succession.

Marisa clarifies, "Not seemply eef you are ready, but what do you expect eet to be."

Kiyarin ab Valareaux waits and listens to the answers of the other ladies, keeping her expression neutral once move. Her eyes turn towards Marisa when the question is posed by her, the lady offering a small curtsey in respect, "A pleasure to finally met you, Lady dul Damassande le Orban. I expect to face good times, when the Kingdom is flourishing, hard times, when we are struggling through expected, and even expected hard times, and I expect to be faced with choices that will seem to have no right answer. I expect that not everyone in the Kingdom would be pleased with my choices all the time, but I know I have the courage to make the choices, that are in the best interest of both protecting the crown and the Kingdom as a whole. I expect every word, every twitch, ever smile and frown to be judged, my words to be twisted and used against me, and the nastiest of gossip to be spread about me. But, the Lord will guide and protect me, as will I seek the expertise of those around me with more knowledge in whatever challenge I am faced with."

Hera smiles at Marisa's question, "A good question, my Lady. If I am chosen, then I expect to be challenged early and often and I expect the first few months to be the most difficult. I will face doubt in my ability to do the job, most especially from those who doubt my abilities now. Am I prepared? No. Am I as prepared as I can be? Yes, I think so. I have the advice of good nobles and lords, of my lady sister the Queen Dowager and of course, my noble lord husband. There will be learning to be done, no doubt, but I believe that I have the knowledge, the skills and the experience to do so. To sum up, that is a yes, but a reserved yes."

Curos Arents gives a bit of a smile at the answers given, a humorless chuckle coming over him as he looks down to the ground. His gaze goes from Marisa, to Ariel, and then back to those speaking.

Samantha ab Vortina says, "And i did respond.. I expect it to be like ruling Lothos but on a much larger scale and with the constant threat of those to the south as in the daravi. Like lady ab Valareaux and lady de Herazade have stated There will be ups and downs to and There may be parts of my term that is met with dissaproval. It is something that must be dealth with as it comes."

Kaiden de Gorman snaps his gaze back to the stage as the canidates answer the new question, biting the insight of his cheek as he listens closely.

Maxwell Wattkil looks towards Ariel, offering a mild wave o the hand the best he can do so with from his spot in the crowd.

Kiana ab Beaufort pauses and taps a finger before sighing "I agree with Lady ab Vortina. There is no way that I am fully prepared-nor could anyone be. I expect that I will come to rely on a great deal of advice from those who will undoubtable be more knowledgable about some topics than others. I am hardly an expert on many subjects-nor would it be right of me to claim I was such" she smiles wryly "Management, my Lady I expect will be key. As will the ability to listen, judge and decide fairly between what disputes are brought to a regent. I to believe I posess the skills required, and the experience. Yet there is no way to know until then."

Merlia ab Trenica looks to her fellow regent-would-be's and listens as they speak and then she says, "No one can ever say they're ready to handle the power of the Crown... not even they who are born to it or those of us who would hold it in their stead. And no one can see or say what the future holds for Lithmore itself. Am I the most experienced candidate? No... the Lady ab Chevalier and even those titled nobility here have more experience in handling the plights and causes of a domain. However, I also do not have the cares that they do... established families and domains... my father still is the Count of Brune and I do not expect to inherit for many years yet. I have time in great abundance to handle the business of the realm for the two years of the office... at the end of which, I intend to resign the office." She looks to her fellow contenders and the square. "No one person should hold this office for the entire duration of the Queen's minority. I intend to set a precedent to discourage seeking power for power's sake."

"If these questions have been answered to everyone's satisfaction..." Ariel drops his head into a slight nod of acknowledgment Maxwell Wattkil's way. [Ariel]

Dice

Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:05 pm

Marisa gives a thoughtful incline of her head, surrendering the question to the next.

Samantha ab Vortina states, "None of us can predict the future. We can only be as prepared as we can possibly be."

Arynon von Eclen shifts his gaze to Merlia ab Trenica, surprise on his face for a brief second as he hears the woman's response.

Knowing that Merlia ab Trenica has missed much of the debate, and clearly lacks knowledge of her competitors, Kiyarin ab Valareaux turns to look at the woman for a moment, a little smile curving her lips, but makes no verbal response to her words. She turns her eyes, instead, to wards Maxwell Wattkil and waits to hear the man's question. [Kiyarin ab Valareaux]

Samantha ab Vortina looks to Merlia ab Trenica and arches her brow "If you have the regency changing hands to much it can disrupt Lithmore. That is why the regent is able to run again but they must still once again gain the support of the people.. Sometimes it is best not to put to many hands in the cookie jar. There is a reason why we have it to where we agreed to allow the regent to run again but they must work alongside other competitors."

"Allow me to first off speak by saying that I believe all of you are trustworthy." Maxwell Wattkil speaks across the crowd, in a loud, practiced voice, like a man used to crowds. "All of you are in good standing, and there's no reason not to trust any of you." He clears his throat a tad. "However, what kind of measures are you taking to ensure that the power isn't abused, by either yourself, your copatriots, and your various subjects when it comes to this? I do not mean intentionally; You all seem to have just causes for trying for the position. However, there are always rare cases in which some wear masks that look like faces." [Maxwell Wattkil]

"That is something of a repetitive question from the Lord von Eclen's," Ariel notes with a faint frown. "Do the candidates wish to address it all the same?" [Ariel]

Arynon von Eclen turns and looks to Maxwell Wattkil, eyebrow raising and a confused look coming over his face as if he doesn't actually believe that his ears are telling him what Maxwell Wattkil said.

Samantha ab Vortina looks to Maxwell Wattkil and sighs "Your question is rhetorical.. If a person is putting on a 'front' they can easily answer as that front with what the people wish to hear. How can we truly give an proper response when any one of us could be wearing such front.

Curos Arents appears to be attempting to avoid notice.
Curos Arents tries to hide his face as he gives a grin, shaking his head a few times and looking towards the ground, a little chuckle erupting from his frame.

Kiyarin ab Valareaux listens to the question, nodding her head lightly at the words, before she smiles at Ariel, "I would be happy to answer, My Lord." Setting her eyes upon Maxwell Wattkil, the lady offers, "Communication, Sir. Being communicative with the people of Lithmore. I have already spoken of my intention to hold court, allowing everyone to come and speak their mind, ask for aid... Being a noble lady is about being a good example, and we should all be setting the example of good, open and honest communication with all."

Hera purses her lips at Maxwell Wattkil's question, "I'll answer it, regardless- in brief." She steps forward, "Good gentleman. It is not my place to judge my fellow ladies thusly. It is for the people that determine whether or not we will be selected as regent if we are worthy or not. They can judge on our stances, our history and who we are as people. I cannot imagine what more you expect than that?" She seems a touch quizzical.

[RPXP Gain: Excellent] [HP:perfect MV:fresh P:walk] [10:18PM] (action)(bathed)
court Oh lord.

[Court] Ariel: Oh lord.

[RPXP Gain: Excellent] [HP:perfect MV:fresh P:walk] [10:19PM] (action)(bathed)
court I need to peace out and make Alphos take over again.

[Court] Ariel: I need to peace out and make Alphos take over again.

[Court] Arynon: Rofl

"I trust in my advisors." Kiana ab Beaufort states simply towards Maxwell Wattkil "And I listen to the input of others. Which is what I do so myself. I also believe that there are processes in place which would allow for the removal of a regent should such as you speak of come to pass." [Kiana ab Beaufort]

[Court] Arynon: Some people may hold other people mainly responsible for certain losses that happened about a month ago >.>

[Court] Herazade: Got the feeling it was winding down anyway?

[RPXP Gain: Excellent] [HP:perfect MV:fresh P:walk] [10:20PM] (action)(bathed)

[Court] Samantha: Indeed

[Court] Herazade: I'm all for disruptions!

court Yeah, it feels like we're about done.

[Court] Ariel: Yeah, it feels like we're about done.

[RPXP Gain: Excellent] [HP:perfect MV:fresh P:walk] [10:21PM] (action)(bathed)

Samantha ab Vortina looks to Ariel seeming to consider "Before this debate ends lord le orban i would wish to make a statement."

Merlia ab Trenica looks to Samantha ab Vortina and says, "Lithmore has changed Monarchs several times over the last two decades. It's still here and still thriving, thanks to the people that help give it life, not just the Monarch. It will survive multiple regents easily enough." She glances to the other women when they answer the question about the abuse of power. She seems to not answer the problem, shaking her head if Ariel looks to her for her answer.

Kinaed tells you, "I'm re-reading the log from this week's OOC Chat, and I noticed that you wanted to raise something during the meeting... but that I didn't respond/record it. Did it get raised?"

A towering, muscular young man stands up and moves to the question line, if it is still open, behind Maxwell Wattkil or whomever is at its end.

[Action: a towering, muscular young man stands in the question line.]

"Very well. I believe that it is nearly time to close this debate... does anyone else have a question? I recognize yours," Ariel asides to a towering, muscular young man, glancing around the crowd. "Is there another?" [Ariel]

Marisa turns to look around for anyone else aiming to put forward questions.

A wiry, hazel-eyed man stays seated, tacitly showing that he has no question.

"Very well, then. Your question may be the last," Ariel informs a towering, muscular young man, with an airy wave of one hand. [Ariel]

Arynon von Eclen turns to see what a towering, muscular young man's question will be to the debate team, indigo eyes twinkling in the light from the area.

Samantha ab Vortina looks over at a towering, muscular young man eagerly

Hera smiles pleasantly, eyes directing towards a towering, muscular young man as she awaits the next question.

Arynon von Eclen looks to the passerby as they leave, then to a weathered looking warrior, " Find out that one's name, I want a private chat with them." all he says on the matter.

Cambrea rides in from the west
Cambrea continues to the east.

A person wearing a long cotton cloak proudly depicting the Scales of Justice arrives from the west
A person wearing a long cotton cloak proudly depicting the Scales of Justice slows to a halt.

Cambrea rides east

A person wearing a long cotton cloak proudly depicting the Scales of Justice leaves east taking graceful strides as he walks.

Bowing respectfully to Ariel singly and then to the five candidates as a group, a towering, muscular young man speaks up in a clear, confident tone, "Thank you m'Lord, and m'Lady candidates. I am Page Rickart de Norcress, of the Knights. In our training, we are forbidden to court as either a Page or a Squire due to the necessity of focusing on our training. However, even as a belted knight our marriages are restricted, though for a different reason. Our library states this reason is thus: That a Knight may make a tempting target as a defense for a heretical woman, who slips into a protected status as his wife, able to continue to avout the Review she needs under far less scrutiny. Of course, none of you are at all in that situation;that is not what I say. But there IS one point of similarly: You women are about to take on a title and privilege that far exceeds your own. Many of you are unmarried; I do not know everyone's state. All of you are aware of the need to re-negotiate for your position in two years' time. How will you ensure that your judgment stays clear in seeking what is best for the entire kingdom, when you may be pursued by so many men of appealing visage and position?" He steps back one step, clasping his hands behind his back to listen to a reply. [a towering, muscular young man]

Ariel has to lift his wineglass to try and smother his laughter, but he's too slow - he openly guffaws at a towering, muscular young man's question for a few moments before managing to pour enough brandy into his mouth to silence himself.

Miley arches an eyebrow at a towering, muscular young man, honestly taking interest in a question she hadn't really even thought about.

In the wake of downing his glass, Ariel adds to the candidates: "Do -not- feel obliged to answer that, my ladies," laughter barely repressed in his voice. [Ariel]

Hera 's lips purse in thought and she looks to the others ladies for a few moments with a grin playing around her lips. "As a happily married woman with two strong young sons, I do not think that I can answer this question. Ladies, I leave the floor to you on this one," she says, and makes a flourish with her hand [Action: Mister dul Meticus is standing near a cask of 'Rice Suprise' Wattkil Rice Wine, drinking liberally as he watches the debate.]

Marisa gives a light, amused chuckle, shaking her head to herself at the question, though she looks up curiously to the reactions of the women.

Samantha ab Vortina looks at a towering, muscular young man seeming to consider his answer and looks to Arynon von Eclen "Given that i am already due to be married i really can't respond to this either."

Merlia ab Trenica smiles with a laugh to Ariel and says, "My Lord le Orban, let us take all questions seriously. I can answer that simply enough: I do not intend to marry... not for quite a few years yet anyways. And as I have pursued the path of Knighthood myself, I understand that prohibition of marriage well enough, Page."

Curos Arents appears to be attempting to avoid notice.
Curos Arents suppresses a laugh at some of the answers, shaking his head a few times as he looks off towards the east, and then the west. Apparently this just doesn't suit him at all.

Kiyarin ab Valareaux raises a brow at a towering, muscular young man's question, though an amused smile falls across her face as she hears the final words. Seeing Ariel's amusement, Kiyarin ab Valareaux also lets out a soft chuckle, waving a hand as she offers, "I would be happy to answer this question, also." Turning her warm smile on a towering, muscular young man, Kiyarin ab Valareaux nods to the young man, "All noble marriages are a contract, Page ab Norcress. We do not indulge in partnerships simply for the sake of love, but as such a partnership will bring a mutually beneficial agreement to all involved. If the Lord so chooses to offer me such an opportunity, then I would discuss such with my advisers, and make my choice based on that advice."

Maxwell Wattkil looks over back to Ariel, for a moment, moving to ask in a light kind of way, "Any objects to me giving each canidate a bottle of vokda for their time here, today?"

"It's a good question. One which in truth I had not considered." Kiana ab Beaufort states to a towering, muscular young man after a long moment "Noble marriages are a contract-though I expect that I will not marry while I remain regent for a number of reasons." she taps a finger "Not unless it was for the good of Lithmore." [Kiana ab Beaufort]

Samantha ab Vortina looks to Maxwell Wattkil "I would suggest only after the debate is over.. it is not good to debate while inebriated

A towering, muscular young man bows once more and says, "Thank you for your candid answers, m'Ladies. Please understand that I asked the question not merely to indulge in gossip, but to shed some light on how the different candidates, who sometimes have had very similar answers today, might choose to answer differently in a way that casts a much-needed light as to the differences of character.", returning to his seat.

"If the ladies wish to accept a bottle of vodka, I see no reason why -I- should object... well, I thank you all for your participation in this debate. If you all wish to make your final statements," Ariel addresses the candidates as a whole, his mirth fading back to solemnity, "please do so now." [Ariel]

[Action: a towering, muscular young man sits in a chair watching the debates.]

Arynon von Eclen turns to watch Maxwell Wattkil again as he offers to give each candidate a bottle of vodka, the edge of his mouth twitching some and a frown forming on his face.

Samantha ab Vortina nods to Ariel "Yes i do have something to say.. And I am fully aware that my statement will likely make me more enemies in the court than i care to admit... But what i am going to bring up is something that needs to be brought up."

Merlia ab Trenica folds her hands behind her back, glancing to Samantha ab Vortina curiously.

Hera seems about to say something when Samantha ab Vortina speaks up. As it is, she elects, instead, to wait and observe Samantha ab Vortina.

Kaiden de Gorman watches Samantha ab Vortina closely as she begins to speak and announce her final statement.

Sebastian perks up with obvious interest as Samantha ab Vortina apparently prepares to make a controversial statement.

Curos Arents mutters: '.a! Th.s'.l .e good.'

Kiana ab Beaufort shifts her attention turning to rest upon Samantha ab Vortina as she looks curiously upon her, obviously wondering what the woman intends to say

Mister dul Meticus raises a brow as he listens to Samantha ab Vortina, cleaning an elegant monocle hanging from a silver chain on his sleeve and returning it to his eye quickly to get a better look.

A person wearing a worn and patched cloak, displaying the Scales of Justice, whose been standing by the board since the beginning of the Festival, shifts his weight from one foot to the other, hooded head in the direction of Samantha ab Vortina as she prepares to speak.

A young man with steel grey eyes and black hair arrives from the east
A young man with steel grey eyes and black hair slows to a halt.

A young man with steel grey eyes and black hair sneaks in from the side. Glancing at the food, he'd pick some up, settling towards the back as he'd look about.

Kiyarin ab Valareaux turns her eyes towards Hera, seeing she is about to speak, waits for her turn, but when Samantha ab Vortina pipes up with her unusual beginning, the lady simply waits, hands folding in front of her waist.

Miley inclines back on the ground, bracing herself for what may be a game breaking announcement. her support was on the line.

Samantha ab Vortina turns to look at Hera fully with a rather serious look on her face though her voice is neutral in tone "I Will admit I am against having a samael as regent.. And lady ab Herazade is a sameal by marriage which is still too close for comfort. Now I have good reason for this. Was it not a samael one related by blood that caused this whole regent issue to even start? That threatened the rightful Monarch, caitrin ab Samael? I feel it is time for the sameals to step away from the throne until the rightful monarch is of age. She does not need a samael whispering in her ear influencing her as she grows up. Caitrin ab samael should have the right to rule lithmore without a direct influence from her family. Now this does not mean that she won't be influenced by her mother and relatives but it gives her a chance to see others rule as regent and learn from them as well. This is not some form of vendetta against the samaels since i would like to consider myself a friend of lady ab samael.. It is just something i feel needs to be said. And i know many of you will look at me oddly or downright hate me but i frankly do not care. I will not let my actions be influenced by what others think of me for i must stand by my ideals. And while the sameals have done an amazing job as monarchs it is time for others to try and help rule till the rightful monarch comes to age." and with that samantha steps back and awaits the lashings of tongues and looks perhaps knowing this was the wrong thing to say

Curos Arents lets out a loud laugh, at that, shaking his head as he whets his lips. "Well." He states, putting his hands under a calf-length black cotton cloak, fitted with a steel clasp and looking towards the east. "Just about time for me to go get drunk."

Sebastian only says a single syllable: "...wow."

Beth arrives from the east
Beth continues to the west.

Beth leaves west

A wiry young woman with grey eyes wrinkles her freckled nose faintly and scratches her head, she glances to Sebastian with a nod, and then looks skyward for a moment.

A towering, muscular young man appears to be attempting to avoid notice.
A towering, muscular young man fidgets in his chair uncomfortably, looking around towards the others nearby and gauging their reactions to this bold claim.

A young man with steel grey eyes and black hair circles the group, studying Samantha ab Vortina for a long moment. He'd go to stop near Mister dul Meticus. "My pardon, guild master. I had some matters of business to tend to. Do you need me anywhere to aid?"

"As the mediator and an unbiased figure, allow me to clarify that the Lady ab Chevalier is -not- a Samael by marriage," Ariel lifts a hand to say. "She is a Chevalier by marriage, married to the Lady Cellan ab Samael - nee Chevalier's - brother. This much is fact." [Ariel]

Kiyarin ab Valareaux listens to what Samantha ab Vortina has to say, the woman's eyes widening for a moment, her lips even briefly parting, before she just shakes her head. A hand reaches towards Hera's arm, the lady squeezing gently in support of the dame before she simply says, "Ladies and Gentleman, thank you for allowing me to take your time today, to answer the questions that have been posed. Should you wish to ask me any questions, talk to me further, I shall be hosting a tea next week."

Marisa raises an eyebrow in surprised response. She gives a slow shake of her head, eyes falling over briefly to Samantha ab Vortina.

Hera raises her brows in disbelief, "Madame, you should check your facts and my family history before making such a statement. I am not a Samael by marraige. My blood by marriage is that of the Chevaliers, the lords of Mont Innes for many generations. Our late king, whose name you sully by default, is a Samael, but that is not the blood that my children share, that is the blood of their mother. Our poorly and unrightly deposed Queen." She begins to peel off her right glove, tugging with a brimming anger at one finger a time.

Arynon von Eclen pinches the bridge of his nose then making a hand gesture to a sleek, vicious-looking, black-furred wolf and a sleek, vicious-looking, black-furred wolf, " Take the wolves, would you, I think I'll be stopping at a bar for a while."

Arynon von Eclen said that to a weathered looking warrior.

Merlia ab Trenica glances at Samantha ab Vortina, her eyebrows going into her hairline before she says, "I would correct you, but I believe the Lord le Orban beat me to it... that being said... the Lady ab Chevalier has done nothing to deserve the suspicion of being like the dead Regent." She shakes her head at that.

Sebastian makes his way back to Marisa's side, offering a small toast with his precariously full glass, "Am so wrong. Said: 'Argue bore', 'argue no good watch'. This argue got -much good sudden-."

Kaiden de Gorman watches the tension form between Samantha ab Vortina and Hera as the former speaks, shifting his eyes to Ariel and then back to the two ladies.

Kiyarin ab Valareaux moves towards the stairs, holding layers of opaline silk underskirts with handpainted daisies in her hands carefully. As she walks past Samantha ab Vortina, she comments to the woman, "No child should be forced to be without the love of a mother as devoted as Queen Cellan ab Samuel is to her children. Perhaps, My Lady, you should take your time to familiarise yourself with the Royal family before making such bold statements." taking the first few steps, Kiyarin ab Valareaux pauses and offers a gloved hand to Hera, to help her down from the stage, also.

"Mister vo- Sir von Eclen!" a person wearing a worn and patched cloak, displaying the Scales of Justice calls out to Arynon von Eclen, raising a hand and stepping away from the board, somewhat unsurely. "It's me," The figure pulls down its hood. "Riley Dayle. I need to talk with you." [a person wearing a worn and patched cloak, displaying the Scales of Justice]

A lad with deep amber eyes and waist-length hair opens a worn and patched cloak, displaying the Scales of Justice, revealing his identity.

Marisa chuckles softy, shaking her head to Sebastian. "Well, eet was certeenly not.. entirely what I expected."

Johannes op Eremitan arrives from the north
Johannes op Eremitan slows to a halt.

"I concur." Kiana ab Beaufort states frowning towards Samantha ab Vortina "That was entirely uncalled for. She is one of the finest peers of the realm." That said, she turns her back deliberately towards Samantha ab Vortina moving towards Hera to rest a hand softly against Hera's shoulder for a moment before she herself descends from it [Kiana ab Beaufort]

Arynon von Eclen looks down to a lad with deep amber eyes and waist-length hair, eyes boring into the boy, finally nodding, " Good timing, Mister Dayle. Meet me at the blubirds then?" he states, moving to collect his horse.

Samantha ab Vortina looks over the people but seems to stand by her words however she looks back to Ariel "It is still a close personal connection to the family." however she looks to Hera upon noticing the glove but as Merlia ab Trenica speaks she shakes her head "I am not accusing lady ab chevalier of being like the dead regent. Those words never crossed my lips." however she looks back to those and shrugs "As i stated this would likely make me more enemies than i care to admit.. But as i said i am also not afraid to state my mind and i frankly do not care what the rest of you think of me. If a noble can not stand behind their words and actions they do not deserve thier position." however she is already moving down the opposite stairs

Curos Arents just laughs, hands deep in his cloak as he walks off, shaking his head as he mutters something about 'PR -nightmare-' or something along the lines.

Curos Arents leaves east

Hera stops using a pair of fitted gloves crafted from finely-woven blue silk.

"Yes, of course, Sir von Eclen. I'll meet you there." a lad with deep amber eyes and waist-length hair nods earnestly to Arynon von Eclen, giving the man a brief smile before turning around to gather a few things. [a lad with deep amber eyes and waist-length hair]

Kiyarin ab Valareaux steps a little closer to Hera, a hand gently wrapping around the lady's upper arm as she leans in close to whisper something in her ear...

Maxwell Wattkil sort o just, well, he opens up a box, revealing various bottles inside the thing. "I, uh-" He offers up to the stage, lightly. "Do any of you want to try now that the debate is over?"

Mister dul Meticus smiles happily as he witnesses the conclusion of the debate, filling a cup from a cask of 'Rice Suprise' Wattkil Rice Wine before downing it in a few gulps. After setting down his cup he approaches the front of the pavillion and says, "What an exciting debate, Ladies and Gentlemen! A round of applause for our candidates!" He extends a hand toward Ariel and states, "And another round of applause for the good Lord le Orban dul Damassande for moderating the debate!"

"Again, as the moderator, I feel obliged to note in the interest of truth that there is no personal connection between the Lady ab Chevalier and the Samael family," Ariel reiterates firmly in response to Samantha ab Vortina's words. "Lady ab Chevalier's ties are to the -Chevalier- family." As Mister dul Meticus makes his announcement, he heaves a near-silent sigh. Rising from his seat with the aid of his cane, he manages a deep bow to the crowd. [Ariel]

A young man with steel grey eyes and black hair glances around, watching as the debate, if it could be called that, broke down rather quickly. He'd shake his head slightly, frustrated that he missed the start. Finally, he'd shift where he stood, scanning the crowd a moment, before looking to the moderator.

Merlia ab Trenica nods to Samantha ab Vortina in farewell before she looks to Mister dul Meticus and then to Ariel and Marisa, giving nods to all three in recognition before she moves to step off the platform.

Kiyarin ab valareaux whispers to Hera, '..u a.e . g.o. la.y. .... .b .h.v.li.r. T...tal...s.. ..o..d y.u c.n .ee ...t. ..ery.n. su....ts y.u. .. not le. .he stakpkt.k.a. .o..s of . y...g .o.. ..e .o. a.t .n a ..nn.. t.at is .e.s to..t....k..sp .f ... g..nd l.dy th.. .o. .... ...e... .er.a.s .. ...l. sh..e s.me t.. .. ..e tea rooms.'

A wiry young woman with grey eyes shakes her head and quietly exits the square, rubbing her forehead as she goes.

Arynon von Eclen starts heading out in the direction of the Bluebird's, walking his horse rather than riding it, offering each noble present a dip of the head before leaving.

Marisa applauds lightly, hands clapping together as she inclines her head thoughtfully up towards the group.

A wiry young woman with grey eyes leaves east

Johannes op Eremitan steps down into the Square, apparetly just at the conclusion of the debate. He lingers near the rear of the crowds, looking up to the pavilion with faint interest.

Samantha ab Vortina vaguely hears Kiyarin ab Valareaux "If you are going to make comments you might as well state it for all to hear.. Whispering never looks good. And i am sure everyone would like to know what you state." however she moves back down dem stairs at a slow walk

Arynon von Eclen leaves east
A well-muscled brown destrier of average height leaves east.

Seeing some candidates and apparently the moderator exiting the stage, a wiry, hazel-eyed man stands, covered in iron plate armor, and pipes up with a cheeky tone, "You heard the debate, folks! War with Daravi! Political dirty laundry! Prepare for both with Morus Karsel's iron armors and steel wash tubs! All your blacksmithing needs!" [a wiry, hazel-eyed man]

A lad with deep amber eyes and waist-length hair leaves east, glancing around

[Action: a wiry, hazel-eyed man stands in the crowd, hawking arms, armor, and metal utilities.]

[Action: Samantha ab Vortina is descending the stairs of the pavillion]

Maxwell Wattkil grunts lightly, shaking his head a tad as he moves on back over to his casks, and espies Mister dul Meticus. His hand raises, and he takes a look back around, before nearing the fellow. "Alphos." He greets softly. "How are you doing? You wanted some of these, aye?"

Hera doesn't seem to be giving up the stage just yet, remaining on it as she finishes removing her gloves. She holds up her hands, one of them showing a glinting marraige ring as she raises her voice. She walks down, following after Samantha ab Vortina and speaking to her, "Lady ab Vortina, you should recant your words as they do injustice to our late king, his daughter our Queen, and our beloeved Dowager. I had thought you a better woman, above such things. Wrongly, I might add."

Merlia ab Trenica steps aside neatly to allow Hera to pass her to get to Samantha ab Vortina, she does however follow her, watching the two with a slightly worried expression.

Ariel limps his careful way off the stage, but he doesn't entirely depart yet; instead, he pauses near Samantha ab Vortina and herazade, watching the two women intently.

Mister dul Meticus looks over to Maxwell Wattkil and offers a polite tip of an elegant men's hat, fashioned from soft magenta velvet before replying, "Indeed! Thank you for delivering them." He looks in a thick, sturdily-bound leather-covered codex a moment before asking, "We agreed upon a gold crown a cask, yes?"

"Indeed." Maxwell Wattkil offers to Mister dul Meticus, with a bob of the head. "I also have a few bottles of vodka, but of course I could make you a fresh cask on request for the same price. How much Rice Wine do you like? There are ten here that are untouched." [Maxwell Wattkil]

Kiyarin ab Valareaux ignores Samantha ab Vortina's words, instead waiting for Hera, but as the lady moves away to speak with Samantha ab Vortina, she lets her go. Instead, Kiyarin ab Valareaux stands in support of Hera, nodding her head at the words she speaks.

A young man with steel grey eyes and black hair watches the continued 'debate' after the debate with some interest. Most people were moving out. So that meant this part at least was over. But the more information had..

A young woman of pale complexion and dark hair arrives from the east
A young woman of pale complexion and dark hair slows to a halt.

A young woman of pale complexion and dark hair walks into the area, eyes wide as she sees what's going on, and she grabs a seat at the back quickly.

Action set to:
Ariel stands near /Herazade, watching /Samantha.

Samantha ab Vortina stops when she hears Hera looking over her shoulder "I stand by my words. The young monarch needs to be able to grow up seeing others rule. She needs to see that others besides member of her family or extended family.. Which an aunt as you state you are is extended family. And you are the one taking it as me sullying the Samael name which i am not. Infact i commend King tobin ab samael and Queen Cellen ab Samael and I wish that she could have ruled longer. But sadly that is not how it went. And now it is time for someone else to be regent." she looks back forward as she takes a step down "I am standing by my words."

[Action: a young woman of pale complexion and dark hair sits here at the back.]

Mister dul Meticus nods a few times, looking around the square towards the casks. "I believe that should be enough for the moment. I don't even think this crowd is up to the challenge of finishing all these spirits." He chuckles a few times before saying, "However, I would like to purchase a few bottles of your vodka, as well. Just for my private stock of course."

Miley then nods to Samantha ab Vortina. "I can respect someone who can stick to their words, and not bend at possible clash ofopinion..."

A wiry, hazel-eyed man gestures to Kaiden de Gorman, trying to get the man's attention, beckoning him over, if so.

"Twenty silver a bottle sound fair?" Maxwell Wattkil asks of Mister dul Meticus, as he reaches for the box, pulling free a trio of large glass bottles. [Maxwell Wattkil]

Maxwell Wattkil gets a tall clear bottle of 'Vicious Vengence' vodka from a huge courier's box with reinforced sides and a secure lid.
Maxwell Wattkil gets a tall clear bottle of 'Vicious Vengence' vodka from a huge courier's box with reinforced sides and a secure lid.

Kiana ab Beaufort also turns in support of Hera as she moves to confront the woman, eyes intent upon Samantha ab Vortina to see her reaction. Her own sea-green eyes display a barely hidden anger of their own, though she says naught. For the moment at least

Exhaling, Ariel shakes his head at Samantha ab Vortina's words. "I... believe I shall be taking my leave. Lord bless and keep us all." He turns on the support of his cane, limping toward his tethered horse. [Ariel]

Mister dul Meticus smiles and nods in return to Maxwell Wattkil, retrieving a large pouch of coin from his person. He gestures toward a gentlemanly valet, to receive the bottles.

Merlia ab Trenica glances to Miley with a slight frown but nods to Ariel. "Lord bless, my Lord le Orban."

Kaiden de Gorman catches a wiry, hazel-eyed man's gestures out of the corner of his eyes as he watches the proceedings between the Noble ladies, slowly making his way the man.

"Eef you weell be returning to the palazzo, I believe I weell join you," Marisa notes to Ariel, stepping to gather up a tall dapple grey horse with a flowing white mane and tail from a tall, slender manservant with light brown hair herself.

Maxwell Wattkil passes the bottles over witha smile to Mister dul Meticus. "So, wait- How many casks is it? Ten of them?" He asks of Mister dul Meticus, maybe a tad suprisedly.

Ariel easily mounts a bay palfrey with a white blaze.

Merlia ab Trenica looks to Marisa and says, "Lord bless my Lady. Do we still need to have a conversation about the Court?"

Mister dul Meticus weighs the pouch in his hand a moment, tossing it up and down before shaking his head. Instead he hands a single gold coin to Maxwell Wattkil.

"I think I'll be heading to my manor instead - a little work in the garden I'm putting together, my lady," Ariel tells Marisa, offering her a softer smile as he carefully vaults into the saddle. "But I'll likely return to the palazzo not long after." [Ariel]

"Ah, of course," Marisa agrees to Ariel with a thoughtful nod. Looking back to Merlia ab Trenica she gives a smile, agreeing, "We could certeenly do so."

[Action: Kiana ab Beaufort is staring intently at Samantha ab Vortina, herself halfway down the stage]

Hera steps closer to Samantha ab Vortina, a hard cast to her usually pleasant features as she says, "Lady- you may still have the title, even if you do not deserve it by your actions- you have shown yourself to be a fool. I was going to challenge you, but you've shown that your blood is not noble enough to waste a moment more of my time on, and I will not sully what is supposed to be a day to celebrate, most especially in a blessed place such as this." Her hands are on her hips.

"So, what can help you with, Mister Kaiden? You mentioned needing a blacksmith's service?", a wiry, hazel-eyed man says [a wiry, hazel-eyed man]

Katarina ab Brayston rides in from the east
Katarina ab Brayston slows to a halt.

Maxwell Wattkil takes the coin, peering at it for a moment, but seeming satisfied. "One, then." He lightly sighs. "I also have a cask of Tubori Wine. And a cask of Red and White wine too."

A young woman of pale complexion and dark hair stays where she is, watching as people come and go and speak, for a few minutes. Then she makes her way slowly through the crowd over to the fountain, knocking a salute as she sees people she knows.

Merlia ab Trenica opens her mouth to reply to Marisa before turning to Hera at her words to Samantha ab Vortina. "My Ladies, not a discussion to settle in Church Square, challenge or no. Take it to the palace." She turns back to Marisa and smiles, "Now then prehaps? Or another time?"

• Information