[Log] The Treacherous Troubles of the Flying Swashbucklers

Post logs, pictures, poetry and more. (Please request the permission of others before posting logs about their characters. Thank you!)

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Beth

Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:56 pm

Here is the log from the play last night. Enjoy!

"Okay, let's get started!" Elizabethany is announcing exuberantly out to the audience as a bulky, rounded young Tubori man enters in through the door. "Welcome everyone to the Treacherous Troubles of the Flying Swashbucklers! Please, help yourself to refreshments and find yourself a comfortable seat where you can look up!"

The northern door is opened from the other side.
Baroness Deina ab Proscett arrives from the north
Baroness Deina ab Proscett slows to a halt.

A bulky, rounded young Tubori man quietly makes his way on in, closing the door behind him. He quickly moves to try and find a snack, then a seat, if he can manage.

Baroness Deina ab Proscett closes the northern door.

Baroness Deina ab Proscett slips in quietly, shortly after a bulky, rounded young Tubori man, slipping into a chair to watch.

"Ah! I suppose I should have guessed that; I -have- heard of you, Miss Harkness, and tis a pleasure to at least formally make my acquaintance. Do feel free to join me if you wish; I have scared off all others who might dare to share my table." Baron Ari le Orban sounds quite complaisant about that fact, sitting back with a widening of his grin. As Elizabethany speaks, he turns his attention to the stage. He is indeed well-placed, close but not so close he'll find the positioning uncomfortable. [Baron Ari le Orban]

Rain actually appears surprised when Edward Darson calls back in return, her expression flitting through delight to settle on pink-cheeked embarrassment. "Th' walls'll hold 'emselves, Darson," she moves her hand to the table's edge. "Bring yer Reeve arse over here an' keep me an' Aios comp'ny, huh?"

"I am Master Bardess Elizabethany op le Marke, also known as Beth, and my apprentice - who will be making an appearance soon - is Baron Arynon von Eclen," Elizabethany announces cheerfully. "So then, without further ado.. the Treacherous Troubles of the Flying Swashbucklers!" And she makes a move for a nearby rope, scrambling up it into the rafters.

A vandagan man with green eyes and trim brown hair smiles over at Beronica Destral and merely moves his head to watch the stage "You know it has been awhile since we watched a play together? i think the last time was back in vandago for one of our birthdays

Edward Darson gives a sheepish sort of smile, as he listens to Rain, shaking his head a few times and seating himself next to her, but not before delivering a friendly little punch to her shoulder. "Yeh." He agrees, grabbing up a bottle of booze.

Miss ab Harkness might look surprised by Baron Ari le Orban's invitation but accepts all the same. "Thank you, Lord le Orban," she says, repositioning herself at his table. She seems about to say something more, but her attention shifts to Elizabethany and the announcement, instead.

"Ahoy, Captain!" a voice calls out from up above in the eaves at stage left, pulling the audience's attention up front as the show officially begins. [Elizabethany]

A floppy-eared brown dog with a curl of a tail trots out from backstage, tail wagging. A pirate captain's hat is secured on top of his head with ties under his chin. Once he reaches center stage, he sits down and lets out a hearty woof towards the audience.

Baron Ari le Orban can't seem to resist a small laugh at the dog's appearance, shaking his head to himself with a grin that seems touched by nostalgia more than anything.

Elizabethany leaps down from her position up in the eaves, flipping head over heels twice over before she straightens out to land on the ground beside the canine captain. She is clearly costumed as a male pirate.
She appears to be a grandmaster at performing.

Beronica Destral nods slowly to a vandagan man with green eyes and trim brown hair. "It was Mother's if I recall correctly," she responds quietly to a vandagan man with green eyes and trim brown hair. At a floppy-eared brown dog with a curl of a tail's appearance, she gives a soft chuckle.

Baroness Deina ab Proscett giggles softly at the sight of the dog, watching the act begin.

Elizabethany puffs up her chest proudly, directing a floppy-eared brown dog with a curl of a tail in a humorously exaggerated pirate's accent, "Prepare to chart a course! I've found meself a new treasure map, and I'm thinking the crew'll be mighty happy with me!"

Aios Butcher bellows out a laugh at the sight of the pirate 'captain', though the noise is muffled somewhat by a Tubori dumpling.

A vandagan man with green eyes and trim brown hair nods to Beronica Destral but when he sees teh dog he can not help but let out a hearty laugh

Elizabethany continues on, a hand sweeping out over the audience as she proclaims with a boastful swagger, "Gold! Jewels! Enough to fill the hold twice over! All buried on one little deserted island!"

Miss ab Harkness shares a quiet laugh with a sharp-eyed lady's maid with greying hair beside her, though the latter, as usual, looks much less impressed.

Aryn von Eclen rises on his platform above the northern door, " OI! Now, 'old on ta yer britches, jes a moment ther! Don' go barkin any orders jes yet, Cap'n!" he yells, putting both hands on a rope connected to the center of the theatre ceiling.

Baron Ari le Orban arches a brow at Elizabethany's tale of great riches, a quite uncharacteristic level of good cheer relaxing his expression into a crooked grin. Years fall away in the enthusiasm of his expression as his gaze darts to Aryn von Eclen at his bold entrance.

A vandagan man with green eyes and trim brown hair takes a solid drink of a stout dark-colored stein as he watches the performance

Aryn von Eclen leaps off of the platform, holding onto the rope and swing toward the stage, coming so low to only be a few feet off the ground, as he approaches the stage, he releases the rope, somersaulting twice into the air and landing with a thud near Elizabethany and a floppy-eared brown dog with a curl of a tail
He appears to be proficient at performing.

Elizabethany guffaws, hands moving to rest on her hips as she turns to face Aryn von Eclen. "An' I suppose you've got a better idea?" she challenges to him.

Beronica Destral gives a muffled cheer at Aryn von Eclen's acrobatics. Her smile wide almost to the point of being cheek hurting as she watches.

A bulky, rounded young Tubori man leans on his hand a bit, watching with an easy kind of enthusiasm.

Baroness Deina ab Proscett shifts her seating slightly, eyes wide at the display before her.

Aryn von Eclen walks haughtily toward the audience, nodding, looking back to Elizabethany with a scoffing look, " I do at that! 've got me own map! Traded it ta a drunk fer a barrel a rum when we was in port, bloody fool didn't know what he was givin away."

"An' just why do you think yer map's any better than me map?" Elizabethany demands of Aryn von Eclen with a glower. [Elizabethany]

Elizabethany lifts a finger from her hip to gesture subtly in command to a floppy-eared brown dog with a curl of a tail

A floppy-eared brown dog with a curl of a tail tilts his head to one side curiously, ears perking up to either side of the hat perched atop his head.

Aryn von Eclen blinks, " Well, cuz 'm a better pirate, jest goes a follow." he admits, the look implying it's general knowledge.

Indignant, Elizabethany raises up a finger to Aryn von Eclen, growling over the questions at a throaty rumble, "-Yer- the better pirate? Yer saying yer better than -me-?" [Elizabethany]

Aryn von Eclen nods to Elizabethany, " At's what I'm sayin mate, Ya stink wersna drownt rat!"

Baron Ari le Orban looks, for some reason, almost a bit stung by all the acrobatics as Aryn von Eclen descends; his jaw tightens for half a second, his smile disappears, and a more characteristic look of neutrality returns to his features. A subdued chuckle does follow at the pirates' verbal sparring, however.

Rain leans aside to Aios Butcher, whispering behind her mug.

Elizabethany's hand moves at once to her hip, drawing out a wooden prop sword and pointing it at Aryn von Eclen in a single fluid movement.

Elizabethany bares her sword.

"Well, then, this here's me challenging ye to a pirate's duel!" Elizabethany challenges, sword still held up towards Aryn von Eclen [Elizabethany]

Rain whispers to Aios Butcher, '.ell me h....t. w...d y't.ke ... m.. o. t.. booze?'

Elizabethany uses her free hand to signal subtly behind her back to a floppy-eared brown dog with a curl of a tail

Aryn von Eclen cants his head, " We use a winners map?" he asks, as he draws his sword.

Aryn von Eclen bares his sword.

A floppy-eared brown dog with a curl of a tail backs out of the way, circling around once at the back edge of the stage before he flops to lie down, head resting on his front paws.

Elizabethany charges straight for Aryn von Eclen at a full run, sword bared.

Aios butcher whispers to Rain, 'I ..... one ..r wa.ki.. .ro... .n Maybes.'

Aios Butcher whispers briefly back to Rain with a wink, but his attention is stolen by the sudden charge on stage.

Aryn von Eclen charges toward Elizabethany, at the last moment tucking into a roll to go underneath her.

Lissette dul Vallette arrives from the north
Lissette dul Vallette slows to a halt.

As Aryn von Eclen ducks and somersaults, Elizabethany leaps over him in a last moment maneuver to avoid being hit by the tumbling pirate. She flips once through the air, executing a quarter turn as she lands to face once again towards Aryn von Eclen [Elizabethany]

Baroness Deina ab Proscett rests a hand over her mouth in surprise as the swords areand a duel begins.

Baron Ari le Orban sits a little straighter as the play-arguing becomes play-fighting; he watches with keener eyes, and a slight but noticeable return of his former smile.

Lissette dul Vallette ducks in quietly, slipping closed the doors behind her so as not to make noise, and quickly finds a seat.

Aryn von Eclen finishes his roll, hopping to his feet, landing near some ropes up to the ship's rigging, turning to face el.

Lissette dul Vallette closes the northern door.

Elizabethany catches sight of a rope hanging down from the rafters just in front of her and begins climbing deftly up it without putting away the sword.

A vandagan man with green eyes and trim brown hair watches the performance with rapt entrance. He merely takes a few sips of stein before looking to Beronica Destral "This is good."

A vandagan man with green eyes and trim brown hair drinks rum from a stout dark-colored stein.

Aios Butcher drinks rum from a stout dark-colored stein.

[Action: Lissette dul Vallette sits at a table near the door, watching raptly.]

Miss ab Harkness might seem outright impressed by Aryn von Eclen's acrobatics on the stage, though they still pale in comparison to Elizabethany's.

Elizabethany maneuvers in a twirl around the hanging rope, swiping out with the prop sword towards Aryn von Eclen on the other rope even as she makes her way further up it.

Aryn von Eclen climbs a rope near him, trying to keep pace with Elizabethany, " Aw naw ya don't, ain't gettin away from me."

Beronica Destral glance briefly to Baron Ari le Orban as she watches the action on the stage. Her smile barely diminishes as she gives a small nod to a vandagan man with green eyes and trim brown hair.

Edward Darson gives a smallish sort of look over to Rain tapping his fingers against his leg as he thinks of something to say to her, before just keeping silent and looking forward, enjoying the show.

Elizabethany reaches one of the spars supported from the mast and climbs up to balance atop it. She offers a glower over to Aryn von Eclen, leaning out to swipe the sword across at him.

A vandagan man with green eyes and trim brown hair leans forward a bit and rests his hands on his knees and watches the actors above

A bulky, rounded young Tubori man leans on in hand as he continues to watch, snorting bemusedly.

Aryn von Eclen climbs the rope, ducking at Elizabethany's first swing continuing on up to high above the stage, when Elizabethany swings at him again, he performs a backflip off of the rope, twisting about and catching a spar with his legs, the motion causing the spar to start to swing.

Baroness Deina ab Proscett looks up at Elizabethany, going wide-eyed, expression filled with excitement.

Elizabethany leaps from her position on the spar, flying through the air towards Aryn von Eclen, sword first. As she grows close, however, she seems to have lost too much height and rotated too much, feet sailing by just under the position where he hangs down by his knees.

Rain raises her stein as if in toast, grinning at Aios Butcher's response. She lets out a whoop of delight at the backflip, her grin widening delightedly as she turns to see if Edward Darson saw it.

Beronica Destral drinks Tubori wine from a fancy wineglass etched with a cluster of grapes.
Beronica Destral discards a fancy wineglass etched with a cluster of grapes as empty.

A vandagan man with green eyes and trim brown hair eyes go wide as he watches the backflip. "Damn nimble people. i could never do that in my wildest dreams." he mutters

Baron Ari le Orban glances away from the acrobatics for a moment in the wake of Aryn von Eclen's backflip, as if to conceal his lowering brows and tightening lips.

Aryn von Eclen is swinging back at Elizabethany ash she starts falling, seeming to see what she's up to he grabs at her ankles, confidentally grabbing them and tossing her back to her spar, " Aw no you don't! Ye ain't gettin away 'at easy!"

Edward Darson gives a halfhearted smile to Rain as she looks over to him, a tad nervous, but he looks up at the stage, giving a bit of a grin. "Ent enough booze inna Urth tae make me do dat."

Elizabethany tucks into a spinning ball as she is launched back towards her own spar, body extending once again just in time to catch the spar in her hands and spin once fully around it. She has dropped hold of the sword, showing it to be looped around her wrist by a cord.

Miss ab Harkness is so focused on the performance above, eyes wide in awe and mouth curved in a wide and delighted smile, that she's all but forgotten the drink in her hand.

Beronica Destral whispers a little to a vandagan man with green eyes and trim brown hair and gives him an encouraging smile as she watches the performance.

Elizabethany swings back, pulling herself up to rest her stomach on the spar, and she rotates around it once before she pushes up, leaping to land atop the spar with only a moments balance check, arms extended out to each side.

Beronica destral whispers to a vandagan man with green eyes and trim brown hair, 'J... ta.e .ractice'

A vandagan man with green eyes and trim brown hair whispers to Beronica Destral, '.ou.. y.u im..in. m. ...in. ..ound li.. t..t. wo.l. b. .h. o.de.t thing'

Baroness Deina ab Proscett almost jumps a little at the acrobatics, clearly wishing to applaud, but she keeps herself from doing so out of fear of disturbing the scene.

Aryn von Eclen swings back to gain momentum then as he closes in on Elizabethany, he straightens his legs, releasing him toward Elizabethany, he does a flip mid-air, but when comes out of it, his arms flail about, to the crowd it's obvious, he's missed his target of Elizabethany by a good two feet out into open air.

As Aryn von Eclen flies through the air towards her spar, Elizabethany reaches out to grab a nearby rope. She swings around the long way, avoiding his path, and comes to a graceful landing on the spar from which he just came. [Elizabethany]

Baron Ari le Orban has looked back since that momentary aversion of his gaze. His eyes are shadowed, but they're intense, focusing now on the acrobatic playfight as if he fears to miss a single second of it. The successfully landed maneuvers get sharp little nods from him rather than any sign of awe or surprise, as if marking items on a checklist.

A bulky, rounded young Tubori man mumbles a little grumble of amusement as he watches everyone whirl and jump around the stage.

Aryn von Eclen ceases his flailing after a moment, catching a rope, apparently his true target, that was behind Elizabethany's position, grasping ahold of it firmly he looks back at Elizabethany with a glower as his momentum takes the rope back away from her.

Elizabethany release the rope, bringing up her hands to her mouth to taunt over to Aryn von Eclen, "I've got wenches in every port with better aim than ye!"

Beronica Destral nods slightly to a vandagan man with green eyes and trim brown hair as she continues to watch the acrobatics going on above her.

Aryn von Eclen yells back at Elizabethany, " Arr!" the only thing he says as the rope brings him back toward Elizabethany, leaping for her and his original spar.

Elizabethany lets out a hasty noise of surprise, leaping out over top of Aryns oncoming form. She lands once again on the other spar, her original one, and spins to face the other pirate with an accusatory expression as she catches her breath.

"That would be a lot of particularly skillful women of loose virtue, but - well, it's Tubor, she got that part right." Baron Ari le Orban's murmur probably doesn't carry more than a table or two in any direction. [Baron Ari le Orban]

A vandagan man with green eyes and trim brown hair grins as he hears this. He leans forward even more and watches with intense interest

Miss ab Harkness giggles quietly at Elizabethany's jab, one hand lifting to stifle the sound. As Aryn von Eclen leaps toward his target, her eyes go wide again, but then relax as Elizabethany dodges with obvious skill.

Elizabethany signals subtly from her position on the spar towards a floppy-eared brown dog with a curl of a tail

A floppy-eared brown dog with a curl of a tail clambers up to his feet, trotting over to stage right where a couple of ropes hanging from the rafters are tied out of the way. He grabs for the loose end of the tie, tugging on it and releasing the ropes, which swing down next to Elizabethany and Aryn von Eclen, one within easy reach of each of them. This done, he flops down to lie on the stage once again.

Aryn von Eclen misses Elizabethany again, but grabs ahold of his spar with both hands, turning about to face Elizabethany

Inside the Hollow Globe Theatre
[Fire pits along two walls heat the room making the air warm but not overly warm.]
The walls curve upward into a high domed ceiling, forming a geodesic
dome. The very top-centre contains six triangular, coloured glass panes,
allowing a bright beam of light to focus upon the stage covering the
southern end of the room during the day. By night a warm glow from the
moons suffuses the room through the skylight. Many small tables with seats
around them sit before the stage. Rich blue curtains of heavy velvet have
been hung up above the stage, so that they can beacross to conceal
it during a production. There is a small door on the south wall by the
stage.

(The stage serves as the deck of a large ship with the starboard profile
of the vessel propped up against the front of the stage, while a painted
backdrop looks out over an ocean scene and a shallow pool sits at the
ship's base. Twin masts are erected stretching up to the rafters, complete
with spars, platforms and a tight rope stretched between them. The set-up
is further embellished by ample ropes, both hanging and tied at both ends,
sails furled carefully out of the way, and swinging trapeze. An additional
platform perches up high above the door, hidden by faux palm trees.
Sand-patterned carpeting stretches under the audience seating, weathered
board walkways stepping down the aisles between it. Refreshment tables
adorned in island theme further sit at the back, to either side of the
entry door. )

[ Exits: -north- south ]
A long wooden table laden with a feast stands here. (northwestern corner)
Lissette dul Vallette sits at a table near the door, watching raptly. [App: 4]
Baroness Deina ab Proscett is seated at a table near the door, watching the performance. [App: 5]
A bulky, rounded young Tubori man is settled down here, watching. [App: 2]
Aios Butcher sits at a table near the back of the theatre. [App: 1]
Beronica Destral is sitting at a table with a carved willow tree cane wrapped with its draping branches across her lap [App: 2]
Edward Darson is seated with Aios Butcher and Rain. [App: 3]
Baron Ari le Orban is sitting alone at a table with a good view, front and center. [App: 5]
Rain sits with Aios Butcher and Edward Darson, turned to watch the north door and the play with equal interest. [App: 4]
A vandagan man with green eyes and trim brown hair is sitting in the north-western most chair in the corner of the theatre. He holds a stout dark-colored stein in his hands as he watches the play [App: 3]
A sharp-eyed lady's maid with greying hair surveys her surroundings.
Miss ab Harkness has found a seat near the stage. [App: 4]
Aryn von Eclen is high above the stage performing acobatics with Elizabethany. [App: 4]
He has a slender wooden pirate's sword prop on a thin, wrist strap drawn.
A floppy-eared brown dog with a curl of a tail sits on stage.

Elizabethany leaps out for the rope, twirling around it with the momentum. She shifts her hold onto the sword once again, slashing through the air towards Aryn von Eclen

Aryn von Eclen swings out jumping out to one of the newly released ropes, grasping it with both hands, then releasing one hand to hold a slender wooden pirate's sword prop on a thin, wrist strap and swing at Elizabethany as the pair swing toward each other on their ropes.

Elizabethany throws her momentum into swinging the rope towards Aryn von Eclen, reaching out towards him with the tip of the sword. But as she swings forwards, he swings back, the timing somehow perfect to keep each out of the others reach.

A bulky, rounded young Tubori man allows himself an easy kind of chuckle, shaking his head a bit, chest rumbling as he places his hand on his heart.

Lissette dul Vallette leans forward, at the table, a gloved hand before her mouth, singlemindedly caught up in the unfolding spectacle. Eyes following the swinging of the ropes.

Aryn von Eclen swings at Elizabethany on his first pass, then again on his second, missing her each time, glowering as he does so.

Athe arrives from the north
Athe slows to a halt.

Rain squints juuuust a little suspiciously at Edward Darson for a moment, before dragging her gaze back to the stage.

A vandagan man with green eyes and trim brown hair arches a brow as he watches the fight continue on. He seems to remember a plate of plain, roast chicken with mashed root vegetables and in turn he slices off a piece of the chicken and brings it to his mouth

Aryn von Eclen releases from his rope as he misses Elizabethany on the second pass, jumping and landing on a platform tied to the mast with a rope tied tight to the ship's other mast.

Elizabethany draws her mouth up in a snarl, leaping for the platform at the other mast as Aryn von Eclen lands on his.

A sharp-eyed lady's maid with greying hair seems distracted briefly by the gossip and, finding it somewhat ironic, manages a small smirk before returning her attention to the performance. [Miss ab Harkness]

Baroness Deina ab Proscett frowns back over at the rumor-monger before returning her gaze to the performance.

Elizabethany glances out on a tightrope stretched between the two masts, and she steps carefully out onto it, towards Aryn von Eclen, balancing herself with sword raised in hand.

Aryn von Eclen eyes the rope between the mast and starts walking down it his footing causing the rope to shake but he retains his balance as he carefully approaches Elizabethany

Beronica Destral goes to take a sip from her wineglass then blinks as she realizes that it is empty setting it down in front of her.

Elizabethany meets Aryn von Eclen half way across the tightrope, and they begin trading blows. Wooden sword clashes against wooden sword in a noise that echoes dramatically throughout the theater, and, all the while, the pair is precariously balanced on the rope.

Aryn von Eclen ducks under the swing from Elizabethany, then swings at her with his own sword at her, his movement causing the rope to go to the left and right violently, but his body moves with the motion to retain balance.

Elizabethany narrowly ducks out of the way of a blow coming in from Aryn von Eclen, and she leaps from the rope towards another slightly lower. She spins fully once around it before she releases, travelling further down to another taut rope a bit lower.

Aryn von Eclen watches as Elizabethany leaps to the lower rope, " 'Ey! Ge back eer!" he yells leaping after her, doing one full spin on the rope then jumping toward the next lower rope she is also going for.

Elizabethany releases from the lower rope with a tight flip through the air, taking her time in spinning around towards the ground.

A smile is slowly returning to Baron Ari le Orban's lips, the periodic tensions that chase it away having not emerged for several moments as the pair trade their blows. [Baron Ari le Orban]

A vandagan man with green eyes and trim brown hair seems to consider something and grins "This is the longest fight i have ever seen."

Edward Darson looks to be thinking hard about something, but he looks over to Rain, and spotting her seems to do something. He gives a smile that seems honest - one of the few that he's given, before tossing an elbow her way and jostling her playfully.

Aryn von Eclen smirks, seeing what Elizabethany is going for he takes a full spin on his rope then jumps straight for the ground in attempt to cut Elizabethany off, looking up toward her he yells, " Aha!"

Aios Butcher lowers his gaze from the rafters, apparently having a hard time following the acrobatics for very long. The rum probably doesn't help, but he goes for another gulp anyway before settling his sights on the resting dog on stage.

Elizabethany extends from her flip just in time to land on Aryns shoulders, a surprised look shining on her face as she manages to catch her balance.

A bulky, rounded young Tubori man sighs a little bit, watching the performance with a lazy kind of grin. He shakes his head just a little bit at the whole balancing act.

Aryn von Eclen stands still arms straight out to his sides, a fake surprised look on his face as Elizabethany sits on his shoulders.

Silence hangs in the air for a long moment in an awkward pause as the acrobatic pirates stand there stacked up. [Elizabethany]

-Now-, for some reason, Baron Ari le Orban laughs quite heartily in the midst of all that silence. Weird guy. [Baron Ari le Orban]

"prolonged for our entertainment," Beronica Destral replies softly to a vandagan man with green eyes and trim brown hair as she continues to watch. [Beronica Destral]

A concerned look crosses suddenly across selfs face, nose and mouth crinkling up and eyes widening. [Elizabethany]

Aryn von Eclen maintains his balance, looking up at Elizabethany

A vandagan man with green eyes and trim brown hair nods to Beronica Destral "Indeed."

"Ah- ah- ah- chooo!" Elizabethany lets out a loud sneezing noise, launching herself forwards off of Aryns shoulders. She flips over once before landing barely on her heels and, unable to catch her balance, topples back onto her behind on the stage. [Elizabethany]

"Now that is more like a real bloody fight; people doing stupid things and falling over on their arses," Baron Ari le Orban declares in approving tones to anybody near enough who cares to listen. [Baron Ari le Orban]

Aryn von Eclen doesn't give up on the opening, he does a backflip which brings him just behind Elizabethany, twisting and pulling his arm so a slender wooden pirate's sword prop on a thin, wrist strap comes into his head, he presses it to Elizabethany's head, " Aha! That's me win!"

A vandagan man with green eyes and trim brown hair laughs as he hears Baron Ari le Orban's comment

Elizabethany grumbles and stands up, hands brushing off her costume. She glowers over at Aryn von Eclen, but doesnt contradict his words.

Casimir ab Azadar arrives from the north
Casimir ab Azadar slows to a halt.

Miss ab Harkness casts a sheepish grin in Baron Ari le Orban's direction before raising her glass, clearly entertained by the turn of events as they unfold.

Aios Butcher laughs loudly at the spill, nodding agreeably in Baron Ari le Orban's direction.

Aryn von Eclen sheaths his sword, pulling out a rolled up parchment, " Me map Cap'n!"

Aryn von Eclen sheathes his sword.

Elizabethany beckons subtly to a floppy-eared brown dog with a curl of a tail, hand blocked from the audience's line of sight by her legs.

A floppy-eared brown dog with a curl of a tail climbs up to his feet, padding out to meet the two pirates center stage.

Aryn von Eclen unrolls and lays out the paper in front of a floppy-eared brown dog with a curl of a tail.

Baroness Deina ab Proscett fidgets a little, almost pouting at the scene.

Athe looks hungrily at the remains of the feast on the table for a moment and returns his gaze to the stage.

Elizabethany leans to look over the map as Aryn von Eclen does so. Rage flashes across her face as she yells out in protest, "Hey, that's me map!"

Beronica Destral grins as she hears Baron Ari le Orban's comment but her eyes are caught by the arrival of Casimir ab Azadar. She subtlety waves to him over to her table.

Aryn von Eclen stands up, turning to face Elizabethany, " Oi! Ye hit yer 'ed and got yerself brain addled? Ye still got yer map!"

Baron Ari le Orban snorts his amusement at Elizabethany's comment, a sound more wry than elegant. His full good humor seems restored, but he's watching the play too intently to notice any new arrivals.

Rain grumbles as she's jostled and makes a show of checking around her stein to be sure Edward Darson hasn't made her spill anything. "Oi," she grunts to him, the dour expression ruined by the spread of a relatively goofy-looking grin. "Can't take y'anywhere. Na couth at all."

Elizabethany stomps over to the edge of the stage, swiping up a rolled parchment from the ground. She unrolls it and throws it down onto the ground beside the first map.

"It's the same map! Ye done copied me map to take all the credit fer yeself!" Elizabethany accuses Aryn von Eclen, lifting up the sword towards him again. [Elizabethany]

A vandagan man with green eyes and trim brown hair looks toward Casimir ab Azadar and offers him a dip of his head

Edward Darson gives a grunt, as he looks across to Rain. "Couth. Dunno the meanin' 'o the word." He replies. "Yeh wouldn't git no sorta fun shit done without me, though."

Aryn von Eclen gets in Elizabethany's face, " I ain't touched yer map! An 'ow do I know ye ain't tha one at copied me map, eh?"

Elizabethany argues, barreling in against Aryn von Eclen with her chest puffed, "I ain't about to stoop so low as leechin' offa yer likes!"

Elizabethany lifts up a subtle finger behind her body, twirling it around once in a signal to a floppy-eared brown dog with a curl of a tail without bringing her attention off of arguing with Aryn von Eclen

A floppy-eared brown dog with a curl of a tail reaches down to grab both maps up in his mouth, turning to flee backstage with them.

Aryn von Eclen scoffs at Elizabethany, " Pfft, yer likes is lucky ta be enjoyin my likes."

Baroness Deina ab Proscett raises a brow at the new development, giggling as she watches the dog.

A floppy-eared brown dog with a curl of a tail begins to move south.

A floppy-eared brown dog with a curl of a tail pads south.

Silent, with a posture akin to rigamortis, Casimir ab Azadar makes his way through the back of the crowd - pushing commoners out of the way with narrowed eyes and small gestures. He makes his way promptly to Beronica Destral, though he doesn't return the woman's wave. Pulling a seat, his eyes roll curiously over the woman before turning to the play. "This seems rather silly," he mutters, upnodding the stage idly. [Casimir ab Azadar]

Elizabethany spins around and points after the escaping dog, bellowing out, "Hey!"

Aios Butcher slams a hand down on the table before him, nearly knocking his own stein over in the process. "Oy, th' dog's got 'em!" he bellows needlessly.

Aryn von Eclen spins around, looking after floppy, " Oi! Me map! Our maps!"

It might be Aios Butcher, it might be the dog, but Baron Ari le Orban is laughing with unrestrained fervor now. [Baron Ari le Orban]

Elizabethany turns to quickly face Aryn von Eclen, asking hastily, "Truce?"

Miss ab Harkness giggles softly behind a gloved hand, her shoulder bumping into that of a sharp-eyed lady's maid with greying hair good naturedly, as if trying to encourage the other woman to have a good time.

Aryn von Eclen nods to Elizabethany, " Truce!" he says and starts running after their dog of a captain.

Elizabethany sets off running for backstage, moving with long strides after the canine captain and both of the maps.

Elizabethany begins to move south.

Aryn von Eclen begins to move south.

You leave south
Backstage

Aryn von Eclen arrives from the north
Aryn von Eclen slows to a halt.

"Okay... now we go and take our bows!" Elizabethany tells Aryn von Eclen, grinning over brighty.

Elizabethany sheathes her sword.

Elizabethany begins to move north.

You leave north
Inside the Hollow Globe Theatre

Aryn von Eclen arrives from the south
Aryn von Eclen slows to a halt.

Rain yells, "Move them furry lil legs, man- they're after ya!"

A vandagan man with green eyes and trim brown hair claims, "Well this is rather odd.. wonder if they will return"

Elizabethany re-emerges from backstage with a floppy-eared brown dog with a curl of a tail and Aryn von Eclen, dropping out into an exaggerated curtsey.

Beronica Destral smiles softly to Casimir ab Azadar. "That is the point, my lord," she responds quietly. "It is a form of entertainment, but it may not be to the preference of everyone." She looks over to a vandagan man with green eyes and trim brown hair and gives him a small shrug.

Aryn von Eclen returns with Elizabethany and a floppy-eared brown dog with a curl of a tail, bowing to the crowd as well.

As the trio returns, Baron Ari le Orban - his laughter dimmed to chuckling now - lifts both hands to applaud quite heartily. [Baron Ari le Orban]

Elizabethany turns over to gestures downwards to a floppy-eared brown dog with a curl of a tail, and the dog responds by bowing his front, bottom still wagging in the air.

Rain's applause starts after a brief, confused pause - and once her stein is set carefully on the table before her.

Baroness Deina ab Proscett giggles once again, offering applause along with Baron Ari le Orban.

Athe glides quickly over to the refreshment table and takes a small, dark loaf of bread and a mug of something black then returns quickly to his table.

"The Treacherous Troubles of the Flying Swashbucklers, everyone!" Elizabethany announces proudly to the audience.

Despite the bow and curtsey, Aios Butcher seems unsure the show is over until the applause begins. He joins in gradually, sending an appreciative whistle toward the stage. [Aios Butcher]

Edward Darson gives a grunt and starts his own applause, giving a grin as he looks to the two actors. "Ent eer gonna git on stage like that." He states, looking across to Rain.

Beronica Destral gives a heartfelt applause for the performers. She does rise from her seat, but the appreciation can still be felt.

Casimir ab Azadar shifts uncomfortably, his eyes flickering around Elizabethany's form. "Entertainment," he echoes Beronica Destral. "I suppose preferences can be fickle." And though he came upon the end of the play, he does clap - and idly, he tosses a gold piece to the stage, the movement given not a second thought.

Aryn von Eclen smiles as he sees the crowd applauds after the performance.

Miss ab Harkness sets her drink, largely untouched, on the table at her elbow and lifts her gloved hands in enthusiastic applause, beaming a smile up at Aryn von Eclen and Elizabethany.

"Remember y'said that," Rain snorts at Edward Darson, dimples peeking out around her grin. "I win a lotta bets." [Rain]

Baroness Deina ab Proscett continues to applaud along with the others, smiling brightly.

"Now, before we adjourn to finish off the refreshments and chatter, I would like to say a few, short words," Elizabethany tells the audience, beaming proudly at all the applause.

A vandagan man with green eyes and trim brown hair rises from his feet and gives a small applause

Aryn von Eclen cants his head to Elizabethany, clearly surprised by this.

Edward Darson gives a grunt, as he looks to Rain. "Only thing yeh'd catch me up there fer is summat a lot more -lewd'n- what'cha seen today. Funny story 'bout that too." He states, looking to his hands and falling silent.

A bulky, rounded young Tubori man offers a loud kind of clapping, the added layer of armor giving jingly metal sound to it.

Without taking his eyes off of the stage, Athe takes a large bite of pumpernickel. [Athe]

Baroness Deina ab Proscett goes silent to listen to Elizabethany.

"G'on then," Rain prompts Edward Darson, leaning in. She lets him off the hook though - for now - as the applause dies away and she turns back to Elizabethany. [Rain]

Elizabethany looks for the applause to slow down a bit before she continues. "Arynon - Baron von Eclen, joined the Troubadours before we lost his dear sister, and before he rose up to the rankof Baron. He has been an excellent student and an excellent troubadour. And I am so glad all of you could join us for his first official performance!" She beams over to him, applauding heartily. A few moments after though, she continues on, "However... it will also sadly be his last official performance. With the new title and his work with the knights, he has other priorities, and will be stepping down from the Troubadours after tonight."

Edward Darson visibly pales, and as Rain looks away he lets out a breath, obviously relieved as her attention goes elsewhere.

Aryn von Eclen nods slowly, affirming what Elizabethany says, and remaing quiet.

Casimir ab Azadar keeps his silence to himself, and his eyes on the table in front of him. It's quite obvious from the lack of attention that his mind is elsewhere, away from the announcement and the troubadours.

Miss ab Harkness's eyes tighten around the corners at this news, in something of a sympathetic expression, though her smile remains.

A bulky, rounded young Tubori man merely offers a bright, sharp whistle of applause, offering a few more loud claps of the hands.

A vandagan man with green eyes and trim brown hair seems a bit saddened by this announcement "Well that is dissapointing..

"And so... I hope you will all be joining me in sending him off properly... Arynon von Eclen, everyone!" Elizabethany turns to face Aryn von Eclen fully, starting up an enthusiastic applause.

Baron Ari le Orban nods thoughtfully at Elizabethany's words, wearing a slight smile as he listens to them. Though the nuances of the expression may be unclear, it's obvious he doesn't take the news amiss. His clapping redoubles at Elizabethany's cue.

Beronica Destral nods slightly to Casimir ab Azadar as she pays attention to the stage. As Elizabethany starts her applause, she adds her own.

A vandagan man with green eyes and trim brown hair offers Aryn von Eclen a very loud and hearty bit of applause

Casimir ab Azadar claps once... twice... and that's it. How boring. A clap reserved for soft tourneys of noble brats, really. The Marquis obviously can't be bothered with much more, for the table before him is much more interesting than Aryn von Eclen's life.

Aryn von Eclen bows to the crowd, as the applause renews, " Ah, thank you all, " he turns to Elizabethany, " And thank you Beth."

Once this round of applause too lightens up, Elizabethany bids everyone, "In any case.. thank you for your attendance! Please feel free to stay and mingle, and to enjoy the rest of the refreshments! If you would wish to contribute to your theatre and troubadours in order to better facilitate future performances, we would be glad to receive any donations!"

Empheba

Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:08 am

A fun read and a cool play!
Empheba

• Information