The Ugly Salon

Post logs, pictures, poetry and more. (Please request the permission of others before posting logs about their characters. Thank you!)

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Takta

Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:02 pm

Lithmorran Rose Beauty Salon
[Frigid]
This wide open space is dedicated to all the arts of beauty. Along the
west wall - entirely set with shining mirrors - a series of sumptuous
leather-upholstered armchairs leaning against porcelain washstands provide
places for hair-styling and cutting. The southern wall is dedicated to a
hand care station, trays of tiny steel implements arrayed alongside chairs
with sturdy armrests and footstands. Behind a privacy screen, several long
bathtubs placed against the eastern wall provide for exotic mineral soaks,
while mahogany vanities stocked with an overwhelming collection of
cosmetics await customers. Above all, a huge bronze chandelier burning
lavender-scented candles brightens the wood-floored room with scent and
light. The mahogany door in the north wall is hung with a matching bronze
bell.

[ Exits: north ]
Willow, a tall, pale and expertly-coiffed woman, supervises the beauticians.

Action set to:
A strange twisted monstrosity with goat horns is perched atop one of the privacy screens, guzzling scented oils.

Half-dressed gentrywomen with hair loose and flowing run through the streets, screaming bloody murder. As they pour through the city, one general story can be made out among the shrieking: "There's A DEMON in the BEAUTY SALON!"

Willow yells, "Help! Help help help!"

Willow yells, "Oh, Help!"

A massive, severe-looking Farin man arrives from the north
A short, and muscular brindle colored dog has arrived.
A massive, severe-looking Farin man slows to a halt.

Willow yells, "Oh, help! Knights! Someone! It's eating my shop!"

Willow declares to a massive, severe-looking Farin man, "Oh please, get rid of it! Please! I'll hav to pay the IRder to bless my shop! Help!"

Coming in a hobbling run, a massive, severe-looking Farin man charges through the door, a short, and muscular brindle colored dog quick to follow at his side. Upon sighting the beast, a short, and muscular brindle colored dog begins to crawl low to the ground, hackles raised. "Demon.... today is not your day " [a massive, severe-looking Farin man]

A woman with auburn tresses and sapphire eyes arrives from the north
A brawny Reeve with wild chestnut curls has arrived.
A woman with auburn tresses and sapphire eyes slows to a halt.

A tall, curvy woman with coffee-colored skin arrives from the north
A tall, curvy woman with coffee-colored skin slows to a halt.

[Action: a massive, severe-looking Farin man is standing by the door, a polished steel sword with a simple leather-wrapped pommel drawn, eyes locked upon strange.]

A tall, curvy woman with coffee-colored skin seems more than gung-ho to go after the beast, but as soon as she actually sees it, her steps falter, eyes widening in pure fear as she stands in the doorway, her sword hanging limply at her side.

A strange twisted monstrosity with goat horns is happily sitting on top of the screen, munching on various cosmetics - glass and all, making a hideous crunch. Scented oil drips from its hideous mouth as it moans in ecstasy. As the group enters, it hisses in anger, taking flight to orbit in circles around the ceiling.

"Horned. Thankfully it's not a bear: those are category four at least," a man wearing an adjustable blackened steel visor meeting in a fine point remarks aloud, adjusting the visor that shapes to a point, capping a blackened steel helmet encircled by bands of beaten metal. "Haidar, you're not mobile. I need you to stay to the side and watch Maia." Then, he exhales, reaching a free hand into the depths of a twice-wrapped leather belt with a sword and dagger sheath. "... see, the dexterity?" he announces, tilting his head towards the ceiling.

"I can guard, but I am mobile enough. I don't need to be able to dance circles." a massive, severe-looking Farin man studies the creature for a moment, "I have not seen your kind since my days on the front..." [a massive, severe-looking Farin man]

[Action: a tall, curvy woman with coffee-colored skin stands by the door, her face drawn in shock.]

[Action: a woman with auburn tresses and sapphire eyes stands by the door, preparing for whatever is to come.]

A woman with auburn tresses and sapphire eyes pauses for a moment as she judges her surroundings, standing at the doorway with a supple leather whip, length laced with curved iron spikes ready to fight. She nods to a man wearing an adjustable blackened steel visor meeting in a fine point, drawing a bit of koreroot herself. Her eyes are wide, but with only clenched teeth, she seems in control of her emotions.

"What do you idiots want?" the horrific little demon rasps, glass and oil dripping from its mouth from above as it frantically flaps around. "Can't a demon enjoy something delicious in peace?"

A massive, severe-looking Farin man questions, "How about in pieces?"

"You do not even have any hair, you are -wasting- those!" a tall, curvy woman with coffee-colored skin suddenly cries, tightening her grip on a wicked-edged scimitar with a silvery, eagle-shaped pommel as she stares at the demon.

"Who broke the bounds of your arcane circle?" a man wearing an adjustable blackened steel visor meeting in a fine point asks A strange twisted monstrosity with goat horns smoothly, lifting the visor from his helmet: his dark eyes find the grey-pink abomination.

A man wearing an adjustable blackened steel visor meeting in a fine point removes an adjustable blackened steel visor meeting in a fine point from his face.
A slender man with coal-black hair and grey eyes stops using an adjustable blackened steel visor meeting in a fine point.

A short, and muscular brindle colored dog paces pack and forth, growls, low and guttural muffled in the close quarters of the salon.

The sound of a raspy, unearthly voice can be heard from the salon, as well as the overpowering smell of many various beauty products. [Player (RPYell)]

"Because I'm going to tell you, Knight," the demon scoffs, wafting his wings down toward a slender man with coal-black hair and grey eyes; a gust of truly, impossibly foul smell follows, choking the air with scents of dung and rotten meat. "I'd rather go back down than cooperate with Dav's lapdogs!"

Suddenly gagging, it's made clear to a tall, curvy woman with coffee-colored skin that perfume and rotten meat do not mix, and neither do those smells mixed with a bellyful of cabbage stew, judging by the sudden puddle at her feet. Cheeks burn in shame as the woman scrubs a hand across her mouth, almost cowering against the far northern wall.

Lifting one arm, a blue cotton cloak bearing the Crossed Swords on a Chalice employed to block the gust as best it can, a slender man with coal-black hair and grey eyes turns ninety degrees clockwise, though the stench permeates fabric, and skin, and his lungs; and it results in a slightly greenish hue coloring his cheeks. "Dav was a man; he's dead. What's it to me?" he airs to the strange twisted monstrosity with goat horns, choking out the words. "... you mean- you can't return to the Abyss?"

To the north a man yells, "Still under control? we've got Reeve serlok and Page Brandt here."

A massive, severe-looking Farin man makes the sign of the chalice, eyes never leaving the grotesque form of the strange beast. "We can aide with that...or we can ..." His words stop, as the once moving hand now covers his own mouth, eyes watering as chokes back the relfex.

A woman with auburn tresses and sapphire eyes covers her mouth and nose with the shoulder of her off-hand after a gag or two at the stench, the other still holding a supple leather whip, length laced with curved iron spikes steady as she watches the demon with an unwavering gaze. She chooses not to engage in the conversations taking place, but does yell for a moment.

A horrific smell, along with a too-warm wind, bursts from the doors of the salon, reeking of decaying meat and excrement. [Player (RPYell)]

"I don't mean anything," the demon dismissively announces, cackling in audible glee at the reactions to his putrefying odor. "Let me enjoy delicious things in peace, you useless meatbags. You're wasting good eating time." It swoops down dangerously low, scooping up a vial of perfume in mid-flight with its insectoid legs and biting off the neck with a -crunch-.

After a gag or two, a woman's voice is heard from inside the salon. "Let the Magistrate in, if he still wants entrance. I don't command the Page, so I cannot speak for her." [Player (RPYell)]

A golden skinned man with shaved head arrives from the north
A hulking, impassive guardsmen has arrived.
A golden skinned man with shaved head slows to a halt.

As the demon flies low, a slender man with coal-black hair and grey eyes lifts an elegant, slender epee emblazoned with the Eye of Justice in an attempt to keep the beast from circling near the party stationed near the door - the fly-by attack brings additional scents, all of which cause his mouth to pucker, lips clamped shut, trying to fight back what must be the beginnings of vomit rising from his stomach. "... frak it," he soundly rasps. "You need a bath, buddy."

[Action: a woman with auburn tresses and sapphire eyes is trying to cover her mouth and not gag, still holding her whip in one hand.]

"Baths are for humans," the creature scoffs dismissively, upending the perfume bottle to greedy chug from it. "Ohhh, yesss, yess," it moans happily, and for a moment the hideous stench is lifted and replaced by something almost flowery.

A tall young woman with black hair and grey eyes arrives from the north
A tall young woman with black hair and grey eyes slows to a halt.

[Action: a golden skinned man with shaved head stands a pace in from the door, alongside Rauley.]

Action set to:
A strange twisted monstrosity with goat horns is flying around in loopy circles, guzzling perfume.

As a tall young woman with black hair and grey eyes enters the fray, a slender man with coal-black hair and grey eyes takes a single step forward, which allows the woman purchase to enter the foyer: he tilts his eyes up towards the flying, possibly-orgasmic demon and exhales stiffly. "Knights. Get this thing grounded," he intones quietly, already judging the thing's orbit and distance for a possible strike.

A woman with auburn tresses and sapphire eyes looks over to a golden skinned man with shaved head. "We follow the Knights, they have more experience with this." She explains, slightly muffled by her shoulder as she tries to mask the demon's scent.

A tall young woman with black hair and grey eyes walks into the room with almost laboured steps, as if the powerful stench has effectively thickened the air like some kind of extremely unappealing molasses. She gazes slack-jawed up at A strange twisted monstrosity with goat horns, even as she offers a distracted salute to the others assembled, "...the Grand Master sent m- yes Sir, at once!" Still trying to ground herself in the situation, she gets her hands up and moves in behind a slender man with coal-black hair and grey eyes.

A tall, curvy woman with coffee-colored skin blinks in surprise, and quickly springs into action, a compact steel buckler emblazoned with a gold-etched eagle held over her head as she sprints towards a vanity. Her foot plants on the shelf, spraying perfume and powder wildly, and she surges upward, leaping into the air to swing a wicked-edged scimitar with a silvery, eagle-shaped pommel in a wide arc at the ariel abyss-dweller. [Attack]
A tall, curvy woman with coffee-colored skin skillfully hits A strange twisted monstrosity with goat horns's arms! A strange twisted monstrosity with goat horns looks lightly wounded.

A golden skinned man with shaved head steps cautiously into the space, alongside a leather-clad guardsmen, his gaze shifting to follow A strange twisted monstrosity with goat horns as it circles. With a slender man with coal-black hair and grey eyes's order, he and his guardsmen step back and out of the way, arms folding across his chest. "That was the assumption I made." He notes to a woman with auburn tresses and sapphire eyes, gagging as another wave of the beasts flowery odor washes over him.

A slender man with coal-black hair and grey eyes rubs an herb across his skin.

A woman with auburn tresses and sapphire eyes gets the following from a tattered charcoal grey woolen haversack missing a strap:
( 5) a piece of koreroot

A golden skinned man with shaved head asks of a woman with auburn tresses and sapphire eyes, "Got an extra?"

A strange twisted monstrosity with goat horns recoils as it's swung at, its scream half a hiss- "Catch me if you can, you putrid little meatbags!" It hurls the perfume bottle down at a tall, curvy woman with coffee-colored skin's head. [Attack]
A strange twisted monstrosity with goat horns glancing hits a tall, curvy woman with coffee-colored skin's head!
A tall, curvy woman with coffee-colored skin looks lightly wounded.

NEW COMBAT ROUND!
You are still engaged in combat.

A tall, curvy woman with coffee-colored skin manages to land on her feet, looking up in time to catch the perfume bottle square in the face, sitting down eavily in surprise. [Defense]
A slender man with coal-black hair and grey eyes takes a step to the east.

A slender man with coal-black hair and grey eyes watches a tall, curvy woman with coffee-colored skin's aerial assault, and when the shot lands, his blade lifts - he judges the beast's orbit and distance, and then takes three quick steps forward, attempting to slice its wings, and thus possibly ground it. [Attack]
A slender man with coal-black hair and grey eyes powerfully hits A strange twisted monstrosity with goat horns's arms! A strange twisted monstrosity with goat horns has been wounded.

A woman with auburn tresses and sapphire eyes follows a tall, curvy woman with coffee-colored skin's leed, pausing only to pass Koreroot over to a golden skinned man with shaved head before lashing her whip at the beast. [Attack]
A woman with auburn tresses and sapphire eyes skillfully hits A strange twisted monstrosity with goat horns's body! A strange twisted monstrosity with goat horns looks badly injured.

A golden skinned man with shaved head rubs an herb across his skin.

To the north a man yells, "Need assistance? (sounds worried)"

A strange twisted monstrosity with goat horns lunges down at a slender man with coal-black hair and grey eyes as it's hit, snarling as filthy jaws open to snap viciously at his cheek. "I JUST WANTED MY PERFUME!" it howls, fluttering in vain as multiple wounds are opened in its leathery, bristly hide. [Attack]
A strange twisted monstrosity with goat horns swings wildly at a slender man with coal-black hair and grey eyes's head, grazing a blackened steel helmet encircled by bands of beaten metal! It looks to be in excellent condition.
A slender man with coal-black hair and grey eyes has some minor scratches.

NEW COMBAT ROUND!
You are still engaged in combat.

The sudden sound of crashes and screams leave the salon, a howl of, "I JUST WANTED MY PERFUME!" accentuated by the sound of yet more glass breaking. [Player (RPYell)]

A raven-haired Vandagan man with a snow white lock arrives from the north
A raven-haired Vandagan man with a snow white lock slows to a halt.
A raven-haired Vandagan man with a snow white lock enters from the north, still near the door, but clearly keeping an eye on the demon.

[Action: a woman with auburn tresses and sapphire eyes is attacking the demon with her whip, her offhand covering her nose and mouth from the stench.]

Action set to:
A strange twisted monstrosity with goat horns is engaged in a wild, vicious battle with... basically the entire room.

"There's someone all masked out in roses and thorns out here," a voice calls out. [Player (RPYell)] (To the north)

A golden skinned man with shaved head crushes the root into the nape of his neck, tossing the messy pulp that remains off to the side. His guard advances alongside him, as he steps up to aid a woman with auburn tresses and sapphire eyes with his guard, his partner stepping up to cover a tall, curvy woman with coffee-colored skin.

A golden skinned man with shaved head moves nearer to a woman with auburn tresses and sapphire eyes. [Tech]

A hulking, impassive guardsmen moves nearer to a tall, curvy woman with coffee-colored skin. [Tech]

A slender man with coal-black hair and grey eyes calls out, "Eclen, handle that! This is a category two demon, at best; it's nothing to worry about. But, look north!" He gestures with one hand through the open door. [Defense]

A tall, curvy woman with coffee-colored skin pushes herself to her feet, spitting perfume, and looks northward, calling, or attempting to, before she chokes on fumes and tries again, "I am on it, Lord Gavin. Aryn, with me!" She pushes past a hulking, impassive guardsmen, already moving towards the door.

"Arien. I'll go help them." a golden skinned man with shaved head notes, turning to step northward, his guardsmen disengaging from his position in step with him. [a golden skinned man with shaved head]

A hulking, impassive guardsmen moves nearer to a golden skinned man with shaved head. [Tech]

"Careful Maia!" a tall young woman with black hair and grey eyes yells as she closes in, slipping through the melee. She's incongruous- unarmed and unarmored, but swings a vicious left hook at the disgusting creature's belly. [Attack]
A tall young woman with black hair and grey eyes powerfully hits A strange twisted monstrosity with goat horns's body! A strange twisted monstrosity with goat horns has been mauled.

A person wearing a leather full-face mask covered in bright roses and thorns with a sweeping leather cloak covered in colorful embossed roses barrels through the door and screams, "Get out if you want to live, this demon is mine to face." The shrill voice of the women echos in the room. They throw their arms out, and wait for just a moment, head bowed.

Eyes not leaving A strange twisted monstrosity with goat horns, a raven-haired Vandagan man with a snow white lock speaks, " I'd rather die than let that thing loose in the city." [a raven-haired Vandagan man with a snow white lock]

A raven-haired Vandagan man with a snow white lock starts to move towards the north.

A golden skinned man with shaved head arrives from the north
A chocolate-hued, lithe guardswoman has arrived.
An attentive guardsman has arrived.
A hulking, impassive guardsmen has arrived.
A golden skinned man with shaved head slows to a halt.

A hulking, impassive guardsmen moves nearer to a golden skinned man with shaved head. [Tech]
An attentive guardsman shoulders in to protect a golden skinned man with shaved head.
An attentive guardsman moves nearer to a golden skinned man with shaved head. [Tech]
A chocolate-hued, lithe guardswoman shoulders in to protect a golden skinned man with shaved head.
A chocolate-hued, lithe guardswoman moves nearer to a golden skinned man with shaved head. [Tech]

A woman with auburn tresses and sapphire eyes quickly draws her arm back again, staying a rather safe distance away, and yet still being able to lash a supple leather whip, length laced with curved iron spikes directly at the animal. "I will continue to fight." She says simply, not even bothering to look over to a person wearing a leather full-face mask covered in bright roses and thorns with a sweeping leather cloak covered in colorful embossed roses. [Attack]
You sure are BLEEDING!
A woman with auburn tresses and sapphire eyes skillfully hits A strange twisted monstrosity with goat horns's body! A strange twisted monstrosity with goat horns appears to be crippled from his injuries.

A person wearing a leather full-face mask covered in bright roses and thorns with a sweeping leather cloak covered in colorful embossed roses shakes here head, "I am sorry." And then she releases the power of the moons.

A person wearing a leather full-face mask covered in bright roses and thorns with a sweeping leather cloak covered in colorful embossed roses begins slowly spinning her arms in a circular motion.

The circular form a person wearing a leather full-face mask covered in bright roses and thorns with a sweeping leather cloak covered in colorful embossed roses is making slowly grows into a vortex of energy.

With a burst of noise and energy, the vortex shoots skyward!

The power of the vortex damages you.

The vortex continues to suck the atmosphere from the area.
The power of the vortex damages you.

A woman with auburn tresses and sapphire eyes falls unconscious from the damage of the vortex!
The damage of the vortex knocks you unconscious!

It was sudden and almost unstoppable, the vortex of energy that burst into the room along with Mimily. The very air was sucked away, leaving one gasping but unable to find anything to fill the lungs. Privacy screens, cushions and countless vials of not-yet-devoured cosmetics went flying, whipped viciously through the air. Yet it didn't last for long - even as vision was beginning to blacken, the air roars away into nothingness. The beauty salon is left in utter shambles, and the first thing people can see as their sight returns: the demon's body, horrifically ripped and torn, beginning to fade away.

Estone limps in from the north
An attentive guardsman has arrived.
Estone slows to a halt.

Estone approaches Mimily, closing the distance.
Estone is near.

Safir arrives from the north, with [12491] a yew longbow decorated with forest green feathers and bone slung across her shoulder.
Safir slows to a halt.

Estone steps deftly back into the space, this time alongside Safir, a set of manacles already swinging free in hand as he steps quickly to Mimily's prone form, a dire look upon his face as he buries a knee in her back, shifting to man cal her arms.

Asilisi arrives from the north
Asilisi slows to a halt.

Arynon gasps as he can suddenly breath again, looking weakly to the masked figure, but there is nothing weak about the glare in his eyes.

Safir comes in on Estone's heels, approaching Gavin, wherever he is in the rubble. If he's standing, she just stands near him, but if he's lying on the ground, she nudges at his side with her foot. "Alive?" Safir asks of him.

Vren arrives from the north with slow and precise steps
Vren slows to a halt.

[Action: Estone kneels over Mimily, manacles in hand.]

[Action: Safir is moving amongst the injured.]

Nayiv has been slammed against a wall or two during the course of the vortex, and is currently curled up in a corner, gasping as she tries to regain her breath and clutching at a slender-fitted embossed cuirass over a cobalt silk bodice.

[Action: Asilisi hanging against the wall, trying to stay out of the way]

Lungs bereft of air cause Gavin to choke, finding nothing, absolutely nothing, with which to fill them; his eyes glaze over and fiercely shut, one arm shielding his face from the vials and oils and ointments sent flying. His throat gurgles; he collapses forward upon one knee, but then - as the objects turn to detritus and the blessing of oxygen returns to the salon, he slowly makes a game attempt to rise to his feet. This fails.

Cambrea lies in a tangled mass of Knightly limbs with Maia. The two of them seems to have been smashed through a table and into some kind of Pagepile. Alas, the much heavier woman appears to have landed on top, her weight crushing down on Maia, and her back bent painfully over the other woman's shield.

Mimily emits a soft 'oompf', as the knee hits her back, but it sends the air back into her lunges. She coughs a bit, and simply tries to push the man off of her.

Vren moves into the salon but stops a bit suddenly when she sees the amount of people she seems a bit surprised. she is holding [ 624] a seratted fillet knife with a curved fang shaped handle rather closely but turns to stand near Arynon and simply waits for orders but keeps her weapon drawn

Maia manages a weak whimpering sound, a somewhat pitiful attempt at getting out from under the other woman met with absolute failure. She gasps raggedly as she comes to full consciousness, groaning, "Oh, Lord, I popped a tit," and scrabbling feebly at Cambrea's hips. "Nn, Brandt, get off of me!"

[Action: Gavin is here, down on one knee, his bleary eyes turned toward the scene at play and the full-scale destruction wrought throughout the salon.]

[Action: Maia lays tangled under Cambrea, covered in the remnants of a mahogany chair.]

[Action: A boy wearing an ordinary white facemask leans against the wall.]

[Action: Asilisi stands in front of a boy wearing an ordinary white facemask]

Safir leans down towards Gavin, leaning forward to try and grip Gavin on the side so that he doesn't fall down completely at his inane attempt at rising. "Give yourself a minute." Safir cautions Gavin, her gaze shifting around the room to take in the injured, before her eyes fall over on Estone's interaction with Mimily. "There are more masks, Reeve." Safir shouts over to Estone as Soolic enters the room.

Asilisi declares to Soolic, "Take the mask off! "

Soolic removes an ordinary white facemask cut from starched and stiff wool from his face.
Soolic stops using an ordinary white facemask cut from starched and stiff wool.

"You geroff -me-!" Cambrea counters with more groggy instinct than sense, either having lost her sense of up and down in the crash or is mistaking the splintered limb of a mahogany table for Maia. She blinks after a few moments of blind struggle, "...oh, we're on the floor. I think that means we lost, darlin'...hey why are you under me?" [Cambrea]

Soolic says to Asilisi, "Fine."

Estone wields a dully mottled dagger affixed with a subtly tapering blade.

Arynon looks to Vren, " Jinika, get these two out of here," gesturing to the other two arrivals, then makes his way to Nayiv to check on her well-being as Estone seems to have the situation in hand.

Joudan arrives from the north with a light step
A young Merchant apprentice, dressed in guild livery has arrived.
A sprightly private guard with dark eyes has arrived.
Joudan slows to a halt.

"Because you fell your, your, your fat butt on me!" Maia retorts, the last of this sentence trailing off into something very close to a panicked squeal, hazel eyes fixed on the point of [ 625] a wicked-edged scimitar with a silvery, eagle-shaped pommel, lodged firmly in her thigh, presumably from the wild flail of bodies and weapons. She stares at it for a long moment, and then shrieks, almost immediately beginning to hyperventilate.

[Action: Nayiv is curled on the floor, hacking.]

Nayiv coughs heavily, spitting out a bit of blood and trying to slowly and carefully rise from the laying position. She gets to a point where she is supported by one arm, but is unable to climb further, hacking again and breathing deeply while she tries to regain control. Her gaze is steady enough to look around the room, but not able to do much else. She seems to have, rather unhelpfully, crashed through quite a breakable objects in the previous winds. A small groan is let out, then she horsely yells as best she can: "If you are a civilian, and you have no purpose for being here, -leave-." That seems to have not helped her recovery, and she hacks agan.

Soolic begins to move north.

Joudan enters from the north, one hand on his satchel. He raises one hand meekly to the room, and queries, "Who needs... Uh, medical attention." in a sharp tone. His eyes settle on Nayiv. "I have... Medicine if. Lunare. Why do I even bother to help."

Soolic leaves north.

Asilisi begins to move north.
Asilisi leaves north.

Estone grunts as the woman tries to force herself up, a fist wrapping into the fabric of her hood to slam her face into the ground as she struggles. "Stay down." He grunts, lips skinning back from his teeth in a grimace. [ 624] a dully mottled dagger affixed with a subtly tapering blade is pulled from a sheath worn on the inside of his arm to press into the side of her neck, dimpling the flesh, as he looks to where Safir has noted. "Stop wearing that arien mask around, kid." He pants, once more letting his attention focus on the prone form he is crouched upon. The free hand shifts down to slap one of the manacle's rings into place.

Nayiv looks over to Joudan. "If you h-have skill in that area, you have a reason to help." She points out, before spitting out more blood and moving to her knees. The young woman lets out a groan.

Vren begins moving the two people out before she turns to Arynon and nods to him "They are out lord von eclen."

"Saf," Gavin states aloud to Safir, inhaling deeply, at least five or six times over, tasting the sweet, perfumed air upon his tongue and not minding it one bit: it's oxygen, filling his lunges, and he makes another attempt, this time leaning heavily upon the Charalin woman, one arm, weighted down by blackened steel, looping around her shoulders. But he's afoot, and his eyes, their depths now vine-like, red, bloodshot and bleary; he turns his attention on the shadows sloughing off the mage and Estone subduing her. "... my helm, sweet, would you?" he asks, his words mangled and his entire stance tentative.

Nayiv looks over to Joudan. "If you h-have skill in that area, you have a reason to stay." She points out, before spitting out more blood and moving to her knees. The young woman lets out another quiet groan. (fix)

Arynon finishes making his way to Nayiv, trying to help her up, " Are you alright, Nayiv?" he doesn't respond to Vren.

A chocolate-hued, lithe guardswoman steps forward to protect Estone from harm.
The second the manacle is put on her, a bright, crackling ball of energy is summoned in her hand, which she lazily flops at Estone, discharging it into his hand. "I just saved you, and this is what I get?" She grunts after. [Air Attack]
Mimily skillfully hits a chocolate-hued, lithe guardswoman's hands!
A chocolate-hued, lithe guardswoman appears to be hurt.

The demon is gone, but one thing remains: a weird, rancid echo of its former smell, unpleasantly mixed with the far more powerful scent of herbed oils and perfumes.

"My butt is -powerful-! Just because you ain't never lifted a pound with that skinny a- oh Lord's light your sword is sheathed IN YOUR LEG!" Cambrea casts around like a turtle on its back before finally spilling off Maia. She sticks a hand up in the air, waving it without looking in response to Joudan, "Over here, doc! She's hurt!" [Cambrea]

"Probably a rib or two, by the looks of it," Nayiv explains horsely to Arynon. "Deal with the Mage first."

A brawny Reeve with wild chestnut curls shoulders in to protect Nayiv.
A brawny Reeve with wild chestnut curls moves nearer to Nayiv. [Tech]

Joudan slowly moves over to Nayiv. He pulls [ 804] [concealed] a wide-bowled pipe carved from dark, gleaming mahogany from his sash and begins to clean it, packing it with a few things produced from his satchel. He glances to Cambrea. "I, uh..." he mumbles, and looks back to Nayiv. He nods once, firmly and lights the pipe. "Here." he murmurs.

Joudan dumps his pipe out on the ground.

Joudan gets a clump of coamjar from a black silk satchel buckled with the Urath crest in silver.

Joudan grinds an herb in his hand and fills his pipe with it.
Joudan lights his pipe.
Joudan gives a wide-bowled pipe carved from dark, gleaming mahogany to Nayiv.

Maia cries out weakly as Cambrea squirms to get off of her, gouging the scimitar deeper into her leg. Her breathing coming in rapid, tiny gasps, she settles a trembling hand on the blade, seeming unable to look away from the sight of it piercing the muscle of her upper thigh.

Joudan murmurs, "Where does it hurt?" near Nayiv's ear.

Arynon turns as he feels the air move unnaturally, nodding to Nayiv, a snarl starting to form on his face. " Air mage...." apparently this is important for some reason.

"In my fucking leg, you shit!" Maia suddenly screams, her eyes finally tearing away from [ 625] a wicked-edged scimitar with a silvery, eagle-shaped pommel to focus on Joudan

"I'm a doctor. Give it to someone else," Nayiv suggests of Joudan, passing it back. and wincing in pain at the action. "Pages. Help them. I'll be fine, I have my things." She gestures over to Maia and Cambrea, currently struggling with the bloody sword.

Nayiv gives a wide-bowled pipe carved from dark, gleaming mahogany to Joudan.

Arynon approaches Mimily, closing the distance.
Arynon is near.

"I know how to sew wounds, if it's needed." Safir calls over to Joudan, grunting as she supports Gavin's weight. Safir turns her brown gaze to Gavin quizzically at whatever it is he said to her, and she raises a hand up to his face, pausing for a moment before patting him on the head, her thumb forking so the visor comes down to protect his face. "You look like one of the Tubori bugs with the hard shells." Safir tells Gavin, before her wielded arm tenses as Mimily makes problems for Estone. [Safir]

Gavin wears an adjustable blackened steel visor meeting in a fine point over his face.

Nayiv coils her whip and hooks it onto her belt.

Estone holds off from cutting savagely into the side of Mimily's neck, grunting as a chocolate-hued, lithe guardswoman throws herself down to cover for him. "WHAT PART OF STAY DOWN DID YOU MISS!?" He inquires forcefully, sparing no effort as he slams her face into the ground into the again. "She's not going to do us well dead." He dryly adds on, explaining why she still has a throat. [Attack]
Estone powerfully hits Mimily's head!
Mimily looks to be in excellent condition.

Gavin slowly inches forward and, with an anemic effort, nevertheless attempts to strike the air-discharging sorceress with the sharpened edge of his blade. The strike is slow; his strength is sapped, and the armor weighs him down -- it undeniably falls a half-foot short. "Not that Reeve, you witch!" he rumbles, sound echoing inside the chamber of his helmet, its visor now clicked into place.

Joudan nods to Nayiv. He glances over sharply to Maia and frowns, getting up from Nayiv's side and pads over. "I'll assist. Please don't yell at me." he says, adjusting his cloak.

Cambrea sprawls next to the downed Maia, reaching out to help her- and stopping as she remembers that the only thing she knows about wounds is that you're not supposed to pick scabs, "Um. UM. Maia, you've had an overprivileged upbringin'- WHAT DO I DO? Do I take it out? I'm gonna take it out-" She reaches for the sword, blinks at it a few times, then withdraws her hand quickly, "...no, can't do that. Not taking it out."

Vren looks over at Arynon and she speaks softly "Lord von eclen i am going to secure the outside exit to ensure no one else enters?

Maia slaps at Cambrea's hands ineffectively, her lips parted as she gasps for air, looking back down to the blade. "D-Do not touch it! Oh, Lord..." She whimpers as a shift in position sends the blade wiggling in the wound, her eyes squeezing shut tightly.

Arynon finally reaches Mimily, with a snarl on his face and anger in his eyes, he lifts a boot and holds it down on cloaks leg, raising his sword, apparently ready to permanently make sure the mage can't run away ever again.

Safir follows after Gavin, her movements much fresher, as she hasn't been tussling with a pooping goat-demon. She tries to pull the unsteady man back with her free arm, "Stop it, you're going to poke your eye out." Safir hisses at Gavin.

Vren begins to move north.

Vren leaves north with slow and precise steps

Mimily winces and covers her body in crackling energy, to the point where she starts to glow. A bolt of energy is arced at whoever. [Air Attack]
Mimily skillfully hits Estone's body!
Estone looks lightly wounded.

Nayiv curses, crawling slowly over to Maia and Cambrea, having to pause once or twice to wheeze. "Maia. Deep breaths." She rasps quietly. "We need to leave it in for now, Don't touch it." That's about all she can get out, before letting out another fit of coughing and spitting out a bit more blood.

Joudan shakes his head at Nayiv. "I have a field suture." he says simply, and pulls a thin brown leather case from his satchel. "We at least have to stop the bleeding."

An attentive guardsman shoulders in to protect Estone.
An attentive guardsman moves nearer to Estone. [Tech]
A hulking, impassive guardsmen shoulders in to protect Estone.
A hulking, impassive guardsmen moves nearer to Estone. [Tech]

Nayiv looks over to Joudan. "We'll need to get her out of here." She explains horsely. "And we don't have time now to stitch it up. At least, I-" She stops to hack and wheeze for a while longer. Once she regains breath, she only murmurs "You help her," to Joudan, and curls up in a ball try and lay as still as possible.

Cambrea tries to hold Maia as still as possibly, blinking and shaking her head to clear it of the ringing haze that's settled over her after being flung around the room and deprived of oxygen, "Aw shit Maia, stop movin'." She sees Nayiv crawling toward them, "The Justicar's down, too! I can't understand you, ma'am! What do you need?" Her head snaps back and forth between Maia, Nayiv and Joudan, "Are you a doctor? How do I help?"

Arynon brings his sword down brutally in an attempt to sever the foot in one swing. [Attack]
Arynon skillfully hits Mimily's legs!

"Help Nayiv," Maia whimpers, reaching a hand down to close firmly on the blade at her thigh, working to get her foot under her as she tries to keep her injured leg still, squeezing the blade hard enough to draw blood from trying to keep it still. "C-Cambrea, get Nayiv, get her out of here, h-he'll help me."

"Stop yelling so loudly." Is Nayiv's only order to Cambrea, letting out a soft groan. "Master von Urath... will help. I'm fine for now."

"ARIEN FUCKIN' HELL." Estone swears, loudly, as the electric current runs through his body, the other two guardsmen who had been standing by hastily shifting to assist in subduing her. This time he doesn't hold back, the hand lowering to shove [ 624] a dully mottled dagger affixed with a subtly tapering blade between a set of her ribs, panting, his face reddened. Lucky for the fellow, he's rather lacking in hair to fry. Following that, he drops a hand down to attempt to put the cuffs around her wrists, pulling them up and behind her back. [Attack]
Estone powerfully hits Mimily's body!

Estone withdraws a set of heavy iron manacles bound together by a bold chain and motions for Mimily to put her hands together.

Joudan looks around in the confusion abruptly, but goes back to dealing with Maia. "Please. Just a moment." he mumbles, and pulls out a length of gauzy fabric. He hands it to Maia. "Fold that around the blade and put pressure on it." he orders.

Gavin glances over his shoulder at the Charalin woman holding his arm, and he steadfastly shakes his head - or rather, the point of his visor. "Just don't tell Cellan I did this. She'll fucking kill me," he cautions her with a resigned sigh, marshaling strength enough to mount a step forward, whereupon he bends at the knees and sends the flat of his blade towards the masked sorceress' head, in a dim attempt to knock her unconscious and prevent further squirming. [Attack]
Gavin critically hits Mimily's head!

"-Yes ma'-" Cambrea starts to yell in response, before the command really clicks in and she replies in a hoarse whisper, "Uh, I mean yes ma'am." She keeps holding Maia down, trying to follow Joudan's instructions, "Sorry darlin', but the good lady outranks you." [Cambrea]

"O-On the blade?" Maia asks in something approaching terror, though her hand cups the gauze and curls it around the weapon, pressing down with a slow, silent scream, her eyes squeezing shut tightly. She nearly whimpers, "P-Please get it out of me."

A hulking, impassive guardsmen steps forward to protect Estone from harm.
Mimily sneds another arc at Estone's face [Air Attack]
Mimily powerfully hits a hulking, impassive guardsmen's head!
A hulking, impassive guardsmen appears to be hurt.

A hulking, impassive guardsmen circles, waiting for an opening. [Defense]

"Give her mandrake," Nayiv horsely suggests to Joudan and Cambrea, still curled up in a fetal positon.

Safir sighs as Gavin stumbles his way into the fight. "For frak's sake." Safir complains as Gavin attacks Mimily, flexing her feet before jogging in after him, reaching out with dagger in attempt to slam the butt of her blade against Mimily's neck. [Attack]
Safir powerfully hits Mimily's head!

Estone stabs again, raking the dagger down along her ribs this time. "Stop fuckin' trying to blow on me, eh?" He notes grimly. "Feel free to stick the witch." He grunts as she blasts another of his guardsmen. [Attack]
Estone powerfully hits Mimily's body!

Arynon 's eyes are glazed over maddeningly as he raises and brings the sword down on Mimily's legs once more. [Attack]
Arynon powerfully hits Mimily's legs!

Gavin inhales, glancing towards the approaching Charalin, towards whom the tip of his visor lifts, then descends - a nod. "... Saf, dear, just - for frak's sake," he intones, repeating the woman's words in the lilting, consonant-heavy Charalin tongue. Both hands grasp around the hilt of his sword; then one falls to the wayside, and he employs that hilt - hard, hard metal, in an attempt to strike the crown of the masked sorceress' head: a pure subdual attempt. [Safe Attack]
Gavin critically hits Mimily's head!

[Action: Nayiv is curled up on the floor.]

Cambrea lays a hand against Maia's face, "Just do what he says. It's gonna be fine." She tries to crack a weak joke, "Just think...you can knee people with a sword now. No mage'll or gropin' drunk's crotch will be safe again." She glances aside at Nayiv, "You sure I can't do anything for you, ma'am?"

A hulking, impassive guardsmen steps forward to protect Estone from harm.
Mimily shoots another bolt out [Air Attack]
Mimily powerfully hits a hulking, impassive guardsmen's head!
A hulking, impassive guardsmen has been mauled.

Nayiv looks over to Cambrea. "Get mandrake from my bag," She orders to Cambrea, hoarsely. "One for me, one for Maia. Hers first."

Cambrea scrambles on hands and knees to Nayiv, trying to gently open the woman's pack without disturbing her. The young woman's hands shake on the buckles, and she has to stop for a moment to close her eyes and take a deep breath before she manages it. She seems to be murmuring to herself as she looks for the root, with only Nayiv close enough to hear.

[Action: Maia is sprawled out on her back, a wicked-edged scimitar with a silvery, eagle-shaped pommel lodged in her thigh.]

[Action: Estone has a knee stuffed into the small of Mimily' back, and is currently rather busy with putting a dagger into her.]

"If I could walk, Cambrea," Maia begins to threaten, trailing off weakly as she tries to keep pressure on the wound, blood soaking into the gause as she stares down at it. "T-Take yours, Nayiv, I-I will be okay. Y-You need to be up for this."

Nayiv gives a mandrake root to Cambrea.

Nayiv ingests an herb.

Cambrea sprawls back to Maia, pressing the root to her lips and giving her an apologetic smile, "Sorry- she's kind of important, and she'll be kicking my ass when she's better if I don't give you this first."
Cambrea gives a mandrake root to Maia.

Maia starts a curse before the root is pushed to her mouth, taking it in her free hand to bite at it with ravenous, if unappetized, energy, jerking her head towards Nayiv.

Nayiv does take her own, once she gets it from Cambrea, taking deep breaths as the herb sets in, and watching to make sure Maia has hers as well. Once it sets in, she slowly attempts to climb to her feet. It's a slow process, but with the lack of pain and her stubbornness, eventually she draws to a standing position, leaning partially against a brawny Reeve with wild chestnut curls. "Its... good for you." Is all she offers to Maia.

Cambrea collapses on her side next to Maia again, nodding her thanks up at Nayiv. She only then seems to see the ongoing struggle through the haze and shock, "...the mage. They're fightin' her... what do we do, ma'am? I don't even think I could fit in there to help them if I could."

Estone grimaces, his death grip still held about Mimily' neck as he rams the pommel of [ 624] a dully mottled dagger affixed with a subtly tapering blade into the back of her head again. "...Sure could use some koreroot.." [Attack]
Estone powerfully hits Mimily's head!

A hulking, impassive guardsmen moves nearer to Estone. [Tech]
An attentive guardsman shoulders in to protect Estone.
An attentive guardsman moves nearer to Estone. [Tech]
A chocolate-hued, lithe guardswoman shoulders in to protect Estone.
A chocolate-hued, lithe guardswoman moves nearer to Estone. [Tech]

Safir skips out of the way as Mimily makes another magicky attack on Estone's guardsman. "You need more practice at swearing, you sound like a child." Safir critiques Gavin, before rushing against Mimily's side, jabbing her hand out to try and crook dagger into Mimily's side. [Attack]
Safir powerfully hits Mimily's body!

A pair of earrings resembling knots made of silver and gold glows briefly incandescant, then explodes!
Mimily's attack incapacitates Mimily!
Mimily is incapacitated and will slowly die, if not aided.
Mimily's attack incapacitates Maia!
Maia is incapacitated and will slowly die, if not aided.
Mimily's attack incapacitates a brawny Reeve with wild chestnut curls!

You hear a brawny Reeve with wild chestnut curls's scream of terror as death takes his life.

Takta

Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:02 pm

Nayiv groans at that, dropping down to the floor again. Once she sees Maia, her attention returns to her. She gets into a crouching position, leaning against Cambrea and a wall in an attempt to stay upright. "I can help." She whispers quietly.

The northern door is opened from the other side.
Loreth arrives from the north
A slender Knight with pale green eyes has arrived.
A stern-faced Knight with slate blue eyes has arrived.
Loreth slows to a halt.

A stern-faced Knight with slate blue eyes closes the northern door.

"Well Maia, at least the worst is ov-" Cambrea is reaching a hand out to comfort Maia when she instead goes flying into the nearest wall, swept up in the force of the blast that almost shreds the injured woman beside her. She scrambles up to her hands and knees, pressing a palm to the side of her head as for the second time in only a few minutes her mind plays painful catchup with the horror around her. [Cambrea]

Maia seems to notice the glowing earrings, her mouth opening, possibly to warn, before she's sent flying, crying out as the sword rips from her thigh to disappear among the detritus, the Vandagan woman's head thunking loudly into the far wall before she slumps against it weakly, blood pooling from her mouth and leg.

Arynon is in midswing as the explosion happens, he gets knocked down, the sword continuing its descent as it falls from his grasp. [Safe Attack]
Arynon skillfully hits Gavin's legs, grazing cuisse and greaves of dark steel and buckled leather straps! It looks to be in excellent condition.
Gavin has some minor scratches.

The explosion originating from the cloaked witch - incandescent, luminous and impossibly bright seems, for a second, like a window into the heavens: and then, sound stops; the temperature rises; and Gavin, who'd most recently attempted to rend her unconscious with the hilt of his sword, is buffeted by that white-hot light, his blackened armor, for a split-second, acquiring the color of snow... and, as the blow from Arynon lands, the man's sword - in the bustle of combat - glances off his greaves. When all clears, he takes several steps back, his helmet twitching from side to side, dazed and slowed.
Gavin returns his blade to its dark leather sheath.

Nayiv curses hoarsely to herself as she crawls back over to Maia, having been cracked against another wall in the blast. After a few coughs of blood, she reaches to [ 202] a medical bag emblazoned with a silver caduceus and chalice. At least the mandrake means she isn't in as much pain now. She hastily threads a surgical needle and thread with shaking fingers, trying to look over the woman as best she can, but not really taking the time to examine in detail. "Cambrea." She orders weakly. "Get her on her back, wipe away blood..." A pause causes more hacking, and spitting up blood.

Estone seems to escape the brunt of Mimily' blast - perhaps because of his low profile, or the luck of the draw - and despite that is knocked from his position atop her to land on his back perpendicular to the woman, swearing as he blindly lashes out towards the woman with a booted foot, his arms go back to support him, his eyes squeezing shut, his brow furrowed.

In an attempt to use the blast to her advantage, Mimily starts to crawl to the door.

Safir grunts, have successfully rolled to the side after she exploded Mimily, and scrambles with surprising agility back to her feet, though one might detect a limp. She circles towards Mimily, muttering, "Child's play." As law isn't within her vantage point, she doesn't see the clusterfuck behind her, and advances unsteadily towards Mimily, bringing her arm down to swing against Mimily's back in an attempt to impede her. [Attack]
Safir powerfully hits Mimily's body!
Safir's attack incapacitates Mimily!
Mimily is seriously impaired by her injuries.

Loreth starts to move towards the north.

A stern-faced Knight with slate blue eyes starts to move towards the north.
A slender Knight with pale green eyes moves towards the north exit, keeping an eye on Mimily.
A slender Knight with pale green eyes starts to move towards the north.

Despite the masked figure falling incapacitated, Loreth remains by the door, standing directly in front of it. His two Knight companions draw their blades but move in front of Loreth, the trio essentially attempting to create a wall between Mimily and the salon's only apparent exit. [Loreth]

Cambrea slaps her own face once or twice, spitting a few violent words out under her breath, "C'mon Brea, c'mon, get it together. You weak little witch, -c'mon-!" With a final slap, she crawls into action, trying to lay Maia out and get the wounded area clear for Nayiv.

Maia flops weakly on her back, the woman too dazed to even be called conscious as she gags, suddenly turning onto her side to cough a mouthful of blood onto the floor. This seems too much for her, the wounded Page simply laying there and starting to sob, her eyes squeezed shut.

As soon as Nayiv can see the outline of Maia's injuries, she begins hastily stitching up flesh. The sewing is done in haste, stitches wide, just attempting to close the wounds as quickly as possible and prevent blood loss. She pauses only to take another dose of Koreroot, and to pass bandages over to cambrae so she can help more.

[Action: Mimily is laying on the ground.]

[Action: Safir is standing near Mimily, looking rather scuffed up, with her weapon drawn.]

Estone rolls about onto his knees, groaning. "Arien witch." He pants, splaying a hand out before himself, Taking a deeper breath, he heaves himself up to his feet - albeit with a chocolate-hued, lithe guardswoman's assistance, blood flowing freely from a gash crossing her brow, hair disheveled. Limping over to Mimily, he slowly kneels again, mechanically shifting the woman's hands behind her back, as he cuffs her, seeming to be working through straight muscle memory, his gaze intense, only blinking once blood from the myriad cuts crossing his face runs into his eyes.

Cambrea tries to fight the torrent of blood without getting in the way of Nayiv's needle and playing a permant game of catgut-cradle with Maia's gaping wound.

Estone withdraws a set of heavy iron manacles bound together by a bold chain and motions for Mimily to put her hands together.
Mimily places her hands out, wrists together, and nods to Estone.
Estone fastens a set of heavy iron manacles bound together by a bold chain around Mimily's wrists.

Arynon rises from the ground, his face twisted in maddening anger as he stalks toward Mimily, pulling [ 624] a gleaming serrated steel dagger etched with elegant script out as he does so.

Gavin slides his sword from the confines of its scabbard with the flash of metal emerging from dark leather.
Gavin approaches the manacled form of the masked sorceress, his movements slow but methodical, and then, after tipping up the point of his visored helmet, his booted feet crunch detritus beneath them - vials of perfume, oils and other aromatic substances. His arms lift, elbows bowed out, and with strength, sends the tip of that blade towards the woman's heart in an attempt to uniformly end her life. [Inflict]
Gavin hits Mimily's body!

Maia does little more than lay there, her cheek resting rather gruesomely in the small blood-puddle she's made, her shoulders wracked with silent sobs. Dull winces of pain cross her face each time the needle pierces her skin, but she seems in far too much shock to protest the feeling.

Loreth peers out from between a stern-faced Knight with slate blue eyes and a slender Knight with pale green eyes's armored figures, eyeing the apparent mage briefly before his eyes focus on the figure beyond. "Arynon, don't--" he calls out firmly, though whether or not his yell is too late remains to be seen.

Estone follows the same train of thought as Gavin, his wicked sharp dagger singing as it rides down the blade that the man had just planted through the witch's back, thrumming softly as it slices into the flesh alongside the other blade. [Inflict]
Estone hits Mimily's body!

[Action: Maia lays out on her side near the back wall, Cambrea and Nayiv hovering around her.]

Nayiv stitches Maia up as best she can, but soon, her own pain takes over as the mandrake fades and she falls into another fit of coughing up blood, curled on the floor. Before this, she has gotten the worst under control, but Maia is still bleeding from the gaps in the stitches and the like.

Safir tilts her head to the side, spitting. The mucous is tinged with blood. After law's unsuccessful attempt at goring Mimily, Safir grunts, "Boys." and brings her dagger to bear against Mimily's neck - or tries to, if any of the other men don't interfere with her, seeing as just about everyone's trying to hack her to bits. [Attack]
Safir powerfully hits Mimily's head!
Safir's attack incapacitates Mimily!

With one smooth, cruel strike, Gavin kills Mimily.

Gavin retracts his blade: it landed, but not well enough; and he sends it forward again in another attempt to dissemble the handcuffed woman: [ 625] an elegant, slender epee emblazoned with the Eye of Justice slides then across her throat, and with a tensing of his arm, the woman's jugular is cut, blood spurting in a decent-sized fan from the severed arteries.

Cambrea finally looks up from the blood-soaked Page and Justiciar, covered in tangled bandages and gauze. She watches as the men fall on the downed mage, butchering her before her very eyes. She staggers forward over their bodies, throwing up her hands in the tangled mass of gore they hold, trying to make her voice carry, "STOP! SHE HAS TO BE -BURNED-! -BURNED-, NOT SKEWERED TO THE DAMN FLOOR!"

Maia flinches dully as she watches the red line traced across the mage's throat, her own lips parting in protest before Cambrea's shriek does it for her. She gets a hand under herself, pushing up to a sitting position, and nearly falls over Nayiv trying to get to her, digging a hand deep into the woman's pack and gasping, "Open... Open your mouth."

Arynon stops as Gavin finishes off the masked woman, his anger fading slowly, " That one won't bring forth any more demons." the crazed look slowly draining from his eyes as well. [Disengage]
Arynon disengages from combat.

Safir tucks her dagger in her belt.

"No more." Nayiv murmurs simply to Maia, her voice still horse. "..I'll be fine." She just stays in a curled up position, not even looking up.

Estone wipes both sides of his blade off on the woman's cloak, before slipping it home with a subtle hiss. "Killed by the keeper, eh? A fitting enough execution." He notes lowly, looking briefly up to Gavin, even as he slowly stands from his place, a chocolate-hued, lithe guardswoman still at his side.

Loreth eases a stern-faced Knight with slate blue eyes and a slender Knight with pale green eyes to either side, approaching the center of the room. "Stop!" he calls nearly in unison with Cambrea, though anything else he might have said is lost as he sees the masked figure fall still on the floor. Loreth's shoulders hunch in sadness and disappointment as he addresses the crowd, "I expect... each of you to confess your sins. A person is dead. A soul is lost, a soul which cannot return to the Lord of the Springs." He repeats, voice barely above a whisper, "You will all confess." With that, he turns for the door.

"frak her. I don't give a damn about her soul: let the Lord of the Springs sort it out," Gavin tells Cambrea directly, lifting a gauntleted hand to the visor of [ 600] a blackened steel helmet encircled by bands of beaten metal, revealing his face beneath. "Burn the corpse. I've never seen a witch this strong: this was an apocalypse, page, and we've just canceled it." Despite the tension in his speech, his hand trembles -- blood stains it, and his arm, and the contours of his breastplate, crimson splashed with blackened steel. His eyes tighten, then anchor upon Maia

Gavin removes an adjustable blackened steel visor meeting in a fine point from his face.
Gavin stops using an adjustable blackened steel visor meeting in a fine point.

Maia nods weakly in response to Nayiv, slumping wearily onto the floor beside her and letting her eyes close, apparently unwilling to attempt even a single thought further as she slips into blackness.

Cambrea balls up the blood-soaked bandages in a wad and tosses them in visor's face, leaving her empty-handed so she has only contempt to throw at Arynon, "And her soul goes unsaved, with -nothing- to be bloody salvaged from all this mess. It's not -His- job, -Sir-, it's fucking -yours-."

Safir, standing as she is with her own dagger to the previously dead woman's throat as Gavin goes ahead and slits the throat with her, is sprayed rather opaquely with mage-blood, which blends in, handily enough, with her own red hair. She spits again to the side, asking Gavin, "You okay?" as she looks over at him.

Cambrea balls up the blood-soaked bandages in a wad and tosses them in Gavin's face, leaving her empty-handed so she has only contempt to throw at Arynon, "And her soul goes unsaved, with -nothing- to be bloody salvaged from all this mess. It's not -His- job, -Sir-, it's fucking -yours-." (Mistarget)

[Action: Safir is standing near the corpse of the masked woman, covered in blood.]

Arynon looks to Loreth, " I confess that myself, and all here aided in defending the city from a demon and a mage, i told you something dark was on the horizon."

Nayiv doesn't seem to want to take part in this. "Help Maia." She wheezes out to whoever cares to listen, otherwise just hacking on the floor in the fetal position.

Arynon looks to Cambrea, " The Lord Keeper -is- a knight, it -is- his job."

If Loreth hears Arynon, he does not respond, letting his statement stand as-is. He and his Knight companions exit the salon solemnly. [Loreth]

Loreth begins to move north.
Loreth opens the northern door.
Loreth leaves north
A slender Knight with pale green eyes leaves north.
A stern-faced Knight with slate blue eyes leaves north.

Gavin yells, "Heal the fucking wounded, priest! Do something useful!"

Willow wakes and looks about groggily.

"Or bring the dead back," Nayiv mumbles, looking briefly over to the dead body of her Reeve accompaniment before falling into another series of bloody coughs.

Cambrea stares between Arynon and Gavin, "You don't even care... either of you. I can't believe it. I'm gonna be sick."

[Action: Maia is unconscious near the back of the salon by Nayiv.]

Estone mutters: 'More like hang 'er up for the city to see as an example..'

Following Estone's muttered words, he groggily shakes his head, a rag finding its way to his hand as he rubs blood from his eyes, looking to Maia and Nayiv, his steps shifting to slowly take him towards them. [Estone]

"... Saf, let's: there's wounded," Gavin murmurs to Safir after shouting his final rebuke towards the departing Grand Inquisitor, slowly shuffling - blood still dripping from his vambraces and indeed his breastplate, towards Maia's unconscious form. He tenders a glance towards Cambrea and tells her: "I care that you're alive. And I want to save Maia. Philosophy later; healing now, and that's an order, page."

Arynon responds to Gavin's yell, looking to Nayiv, " Nayiv, are you sure you're okay? Do you need help?"

Safir sheathes her weapon, dagger sliding home in its sheath after the second, rather than the first, attempt. She turns slightly, away from Gavin, to tell Nayiv, "Whose hurts are the worst?" as she shifts [ 202] a makeshift navy-linen pouch sewn with surgical stitching around her shoulder. This also takes more than one attempt, but the medical bag comes forward in her hands eventually.

Nayiv groans softly. "Maia." She orders Safir hoarsely. "i already sewed up some." Indeed, Maia's injuries are hastily stitched, spaced further apart, holding the worst of the two sides of the wound together, but she's unconscious and still drips blood. "Ribs," She also also rasps over to Arynon, quietly, before another few coughs. "Office... please."

Cambrea narrows her eyes at Gavin's gaze, responding with a slow, deliberate salute. "...yes, Sir. I will bring more supplies and more hands to help." She turns on heel and stomps off into the street, glowering.

Arynon nods to Nayiv moving to her, gently trying to assist her in rising.

[Action: Arynon is here gently helping Nayiv get up.]

Cambrea opens the northern door.
Cambrea begins to move north.
Cambrea leaves north

Nayiv makes her best effort to rise, but without much success due to the current state of her ribs. She barely manages a sitting position before bending over again in silent pain.

Estone sniffs, lips screwing up following that action. "Wonderful way to ruin flower perfume, eh?" He jests to an attentive guardsman, the Reeve laughing dryly in response. The men spread out, sweeping debris roughly to the sides; presumably clearing a better location to lay out the dead, dying, and wounded.

Lei
Discord Handle: Lei#3876

Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:20 am

This was -such- a fun log to read. Thank you for posting.
Old As Dirt

Leech

Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:10 am

I loved the demon, and the general RP, and especially the comic relief parts that Cambrea and others provided... but I guess I'm the asshole who's going to bring up the things I disliked.

The one liner magic-combat emotes. Magic is this amazing, mystical thing - and while I understand that scenes are tense, we do have a turn based system. I would have been more enthralled with some more imagery. When you have four other people churning out these vivid combat emotes beside you it's a bit off-putting to see a one-liner with little thought given to it.

The second one is more nitpicking. Gavin is an amazing character, but sometimes I wish he weren't so human. If I were the player behind Mimi, I would have been pissed that I was brutally murdered AFTER being arrested. Being arrested, for me, isn't only about the chance to escape - it's about the chance to explain your character, why they do what they do, ect. It's basically a time to show off how much you've worked on your villainous back-story, without wanting to do it OOCly and coming off as a vain jackass. But again, I understand why they did it, and you can't argue a character's choices.
Player of: Alexander ab Courtland

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:57 am

I like Casimir's point about the murder-after-arrest and hope that others consider their fellow player's feelings, especially the bad guys. Mimily exposed herself in game deliberately for this scene, which on TI is a straight up death sentence. I know the scene was tense, but it does seem a shame to end her RP prematurely given that she was incapacitated.

Otherwise, this was a great read. I'm still sad I wasn't around when it went down!

Geras

Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:37 pm

Is it bad that I originally read the title as "the Ugly Salmon?"

You know, a giant salmon could attack Lithmore...

Gavin

Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:24 pm

Kinaed wrote:I like Casimir's point about the murder-after-arrest and hope that others consider their fellow player's feelings, especially the bad guys. Mimily exposed herself in game deliberately for this scene, which on TI is a straight up death sentence. I know the scene was tense, but it does seem a shame to end her RP prematurely given that she was incapacitated.

Otherwise, this was a great read. I'm still sad I wasn't around when it went down!
I wanted to explain this (I know it delves a little bit into IC here), but it bears upon what Kinaed just mentioned.

The way the scene was unfolding, as you'll note, Mimi was sat upon by Estone and stabbed, and released air attacks; then was beat upon the head with critical hits multiple times without suffering deleterious effects; and then, towards the end, released a blast from magicked items. I know that she was "codewise" restrained by manacles, but the way I was playing it, I assumed that even though she had cuffs on, she could still activate magic items or possibly prosecute further attacks.

I always feel bad about PKs, but in this case, my character's thought process bordered on "what on earth are handcuffs going to do?"

Obviously, people can and should disagree ICly, but I always like to justify things from an OOC standpoint when attention's been called to them.

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:36 am

Hehe, not an attack on you - I think everyone understands why your character killed Mimily. It's more just a reminder to people to be kind to the bad guys. :)

• Information