The General's Revenge [Graphic Violence, Language]

Post logs, pictures, poetry and more. (Please request the permission of others before posting logs about their characters. Thank you!)

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Lei
Discord Handle: Lei#3876

Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:42 pm

To the south a man yells, "General, you about? Its Bene."

Looking around you see:
Benedictus Piuso, nearby to the south.

An easy voice drawls from inside the deeper, second office. "Step on in." [You (RPYell)]

Benedictus Piuso arrives from the south.
Benedictus Piuso slows to a halt.

Sigrid squints as that brilliant red color shows itself in the doorway.

Benedictus Piuso smiles, pushing away an opulent hooded black cloak lined with decadent blood red from himself as he steps in, "How are you, General?" he asks.

Benedictus Piuso flips an opulent hooded black cloak lined with decadent blood red back over his shoulder.

"Juuust fine, stranger," jostles Sigrid into a mildly straighter sit, boots shifted off the cart into a clomp onto the threadbare rug. "Thirsty?" [Player]

You think to yourself, "Is this it, Sig? This it? WHOAH. Watch that tremble. Steady hands, girl. STEADY HANDS."

"But a little." Benedictus Piuso nods, rubbing his face, "Its been something of a long day. Nice to take a little break though." [Benedictus Piuso]

Sigrid picks up out of the couch, grinning a thin smile at Benedictus Piuso as she offers her seat to the man. She snatches out a glass from among her collection of bottles and decanters, sloshing a bit of some potent-smelling liquor into the low cup. She has her own, and refills it from the same source before handing his over. "Sit down. Take a load off."

Sigrid drinks, herself, and takes a seat on the edge of the paper-piled desk.

You think to yourself, "Naive as a newborn lamb. ...That's why she took to him, ain't it. Wrapped him around her pretty little finger like nothing I've ever seen, I'll bet. That passionless bit-- NO. STOP. *regret gripping in the depths of her stomach* Don't desecrate her memory like that."

You think to yourself, "He'll pay his due, anyway."

look bene
The man before you is tall, his build lean and healthy. A long, thin
nose runs down his thin face between two eyes, blue-grey in color and
stirred with compassion and depth. Set upon a strong chin is a thin mouth.
His skin is pale and glows subtely with youth. However, some force seems
still to have taken its toll on him, the ever so subtle signs of a
solemnity and wisdom far past the apparant indication of an age not but a
few summers past his twentieth year are reflected deep in his features.
His hair, sable, is cut to a conservative, short length. He is well kept,
hair combed and well tended, and his face is clean cut. Smooth,
unblesmished skin running over chiseled high cheek bones.

A Chalice is branded to the side of his neck.

He is taller than you by a foot.

Benedictus Piuso is using:
<worn on head> a black cotton skullcap with off-white chalices embroidered
<worn around neck> a small white clay chalice hanging from a steel chain
<worn over shoulder> a satchel of ivory samite embroidered with a golden Chalice
<worn, left wrist> a ball of hollowed wax attached to a cord as a simple charm
<worn, left finger> a wide brushed silver ring beset with a fine carnelian rose
<worn on torso> a concealing white linen robe with chalice embroidered edge
<worn about body> an opulent hooded black cloak lined with decadent blood red
<worn about waist> a low-slung leather belt with a heavy steel caduceus buckle
<worn on legs> a long pair of atramentous suede leggings with hemmed cuffs
<worn on feet> a pair of worn, hard leather shoes with strong wooden soles

You think to yourself, "Nope; not a weapon in sight."

You think to yourself, "Dav. ...What am I going to do with him after I've got him locked up? I'll have to end him, eventually. And then there's the body to deal with."

Benedictus Piuso nods, taking a seat on the couch, "Thanks." he says, accepting the glass and taking a sip, "So, its been all fine then? That's good. Anything of particular note happening for you?"

You think to yourself, "weigh it, Sig. Weigh it out good. ...GODDAMN YOU JULEA!"

You think to yourself, "...Huh. Let's suck a bit of his story out, eh? Some of the dirty, sordid details."

Sigrid tongues her cheek, glancing off to the outer office. "General Mertegne stepped down," she shares, knitting her brows together. "And I stepped up. Running the outfit now, just like old times." She darts her moody brown eyes back to Benedictus Piuso, muttering a few low words of Isle-speak. "Juust like old times."

You think to yourself, "look at those ugly, curling lips. That blank, pasty face. *revulsion* I don't get it. Don't fucking get it."

You think to yourself, "Every slice on his body'll be a hallowed sacrifice to you, Jules. Every last pretty slice. Too bad you won't know nothing about it."

Benedictus Piuso laughs humorlessly, "You'll do fine, I'm sure." he waves a hand at his vesture, "I've taken the Cloth again, as is fairly plain. Its goodwork." he leans back a little in the couch.

Sigrid cocks her chin a bit higher. "Jules was a good friend of mine," she blurts out, both eyes probing Benedictus Piuso.

You think to yourself, "There. Cards on the table."

"Yes. I know." Benedictus Piuso says solemnly, reaching for a satchel of ivory samite embroidered with a golden Chalice, "There is something you'd likely want to see." his smile fades a little as he rustles through the bag, "She asked me to tell you that she is sorry. That you would know what for." [Benedictus Piuso]

Benedictus Piuso gets a leather-bound book with dog-eared pages, marked with a J from a satchel of ivory samite embroidered with a golden Chalice.

You think to yourself, "And I don't care if he's the Archbishop himself now; I sold out my soul ages ago. There ain't no solace for-- huh?"

A blank face fronts, Sigrid's eyes glazing partly over for several seconds before she blinks it away and looks at the book. "What is it?" questions, low and hoarse. [Player]

Benedictus Piuso looks down at a leather-bound book with dog-eared pages, marked with a J a moment, "This showed up on my doorstep this morning.. there is one here I was told might be for you." he flips the pages before settling on one, "I can't read Tubori."

You think to yourself, "She was sorry, huh. Yeah, well. He will be too before there's an end of this. *soul-crushing bitterness*"

Benedictus Piuso looks at a book in his hands.

Benedictus Piuso shows you a leather-bound book with dog-eared pages, marked with a J.
Author: Julea
Subject: Once was a chance
Date: Sun Mar 18 00:20:46 2012

Circadi, Augustus 30

Once was a chance
Perhaps?
No matter: I've lost it
Through my grasping fingers
Stolen by the wind
You know I won't forget
That silk beneath my palm
Your lips against my own
I love the day I met you
Forever and ago
While you run
And while you strive
To keep the hounds at bay
Remember one with kindness
The one who let you get away

S.L

Burning eyes stare at the page as it's shown, and Sigrid's jaw clenches. She turns her head, knocking back the rest of her glass. [Player]

You think to yourself, "Well ain't that nice. Now the whole damn world can know for sure that I'm a deviant. Thanks, Jules, you witch."

You think to yourself, "...You should have listened to me, *overwhelming agony* Didn't have to end this way! We could have been happy!"

Benedictus Piuso closes the book, laying his hand across it before take a large gulp of his alcohol, "I loved her." he says quietly, "I only wish I could have saved her when it truly counted." he sighs, "By Dav, I miss her."

Sigrid grits her teeth, then points a harrowed set of eyes against Benedictus Piuso's. "I wanna show you something," utters a low word. "Of hers."

You think to yourself, "This is it. You're in."

You think to yourself, "No turning back. NO TURNING BACK."

Benedictus Piuso pauses a moment before he nods, "Yes, I'd like that."

Sigrid wipes a bit of perspiration from her forehead, laying her cup down to a very quiet rest upon the desk before she picks up to a stand and nods for Benedictus Piuso to follow.

Benedictus Piuso leaves his cup on the table and stands, following behind Sigrid.

You think to yourself, "you're a dead man, Puiso. If you weren't such a mewling blockhead you'd know that."

You leave south on a trim bootstep.
The Mercenary Guild Front Office
[Comfortable]
A bulky walnut desk faces the open western doorway, with a worn armchair
upholstered in horse-hair set squarely behind. Above, an ostentatious
crest laboriously carved in mahogany dignifies the wall: a sharpened blade
crossed over a crown-stamped coin. Two narrow windows with Hill-style
shutters face the southern street, hanging weighty green curtains that
stink of smoked tobac.

[ Exits: north west ]
You have arrived.

Benedictus Piuso arrives from the north.

You leave west on a trim bootstep.
A Dark Foyer
[Comfortable]
Cast-iron wall sconces flank the oversized front door. They flicker a
sparse radiance over the dingy entrance hall, though the richly dark wood
of the room's thick floor planks and paneled walls absorb a good measure of
its light. Opening directly ahead, an elaborate, albeit creaking staircase
leads to a second story. In its side, a inconspicuous door with a rounded
top has been fitted, partly obscured by heavy green drapes.

[ Exits: -north- east south west up ]
You have arrived.

Benedictus Piuso arrives from the east.

Sigrid wets her lips, heading up the staircase. If Benedictus Piuso were to look close, he might notice the fist curled against her left side is fending off a tremble.

Slowly and deliberately, Sigrid fishes a set of keys out from her desk after the climb, sorting through a few of the little metal things to find one that fits into the north door. "She lived here, for a bit," relates to Benedictus Piuso. [Player]

Benedictus Piuso watches Sigrid with a faint smile, touched by a marked touch of concern. But he nods, following her into the room. "She never told me much of her earlier time in Lithmore and I never bothered probing into her past." he wrings his hands, "I'm truly, truly sorry, General. She meant the world to me, I'm sure the same is for you."

You think to yourself, "Arien's horses. HE'S IN."

Sigrid flashes Benedictus Piuso a hasty glance, knotting a fist as she starts to move on.

"We were a pair," Sigrid tells Benedictus Piuso with a brisk headshake, squeezing her eyes down a bit. "Thick as thieves for a bit there-- until, eh..." and she moves on. [Player]

Sigrid jingles the keys again, feeling around for a minute along the back of the closet wall.

"Mind grabbin' that?" Sigrid nods at the door to the bedroom, showing teeth in a quick, casual smile. [Player]

Benedictus Piuso doesn't press the issue, but nodding as the walk into the closet. He doesn't seem horribly shocked or surprised as a hidden door is revealed and unlocked. He just.. stands there, reaching for the door as directed.

Sigrid works her way into the cramped space, head ducked low to avoid hitting the rafters. "My commander don't even know these rooms," she mutters, locking up the passageway in their wake. "Don't think I need bid you keep low about it."

You think to yourself, "Aaaaaalmost there. Then the knife. Dagger, Sig. Dagger."

"I'm good with secrets, no worries," laughs softly as the man ducks low, "Keeping 'low' is a special gift of mine." [Player]

Sigrid runs her tongue over her teeth, giving Benedictus Piuso a good hard look before shuffling her stooped walk across the musty floorspace to grasp a subtle lock contrived into the wallspace.

You open the western door.

A Windowless Room
[Comfortable]
Stark walls confine this narrow space under the angling eaves. Up high
and across from the short door, a rusting metal pipe provides minimal
ventilation and has stained the matted wool of the floor rug with its
occasional dripping. One corner holds a lumpy straw tick mattress, and
another keeps a small table set with a few books and a lamp.

[ Exits: none ]
A deck of cards sits on the side table. (center)
You have arrived.

Benedictus Piuso arrives from the east.

Sigrid moves aside to allow Benedictus Piuso better passage into the dank chamber. "Don't look like much, does it."

You think to yourself, "Carefulllllll... CAREFULLLLL."

"I can't say it does." Benedictus Piuso confesses, ducking into the room. A palm rubs across his chin as he observes his surroundings. [Benedictus Piuso]

A quick flick of Sigrid's wrist dives her hand to her boot, yanking out a sharp red blade. "Get over on that tick, Puiso," she hisses, slamming the door shut with her backside. [Player]

You pull out your dagger.

You move towards the east exit, your eye on Benedictus Piuso.

You close the eastern door.

You think to yourself, "HAHAH! He's MINE!"

Benedictus Piuso frowns, "What is this, General?" he asks, "Let's not do anything hasty." he holds his ground, arms folding over his chest, "Gut me if it pleases you, you'll but impale your soul on that blade as well."

"Heh," Sigrid's cunning features turn a snarl. "My soul's already spent and sold, you bastard. Get over on that tick before I have to tell you again." [Player]

Benedictus Piuso just remains, "Why?" he asks, "What in St. Celeste's name does this profit you? I'm but a Priest, a disgraced one at that. There's no money in me and last I checked, I did you no wrongs unless I've made some grave error of which I'm not aware." again, no movement.

"Yeah," screams a vile bitterness through the harsh gleam of Sigrid's eyes. "You ain't MUCH aware, are you!" She shifts stance, then clomps a menacing step forward, dagger held ready. [Player]

Sigrid launches the dagger in a quick stab, aimed for the priest's chest. [Attack]
You hit Benedictus Piuso's body!

Benedictus Piuso appears to be hurt.

You think to yourself, "NOOOO!!! DON't KILL HIM YYYET!!!"

"I suppose not." Benedictus Piuso states, chalicing himself just before the blade hits. He lays a hand on the wound, wincing but a little, "If I'm to die tonight, General, please see that my body is taken back to the Church. I'm sure Her Holiness will want it buried somewhere and anyways, I'd stink up the place if you leave me to rot." [Benedictus Piuso]

Sigrid snaps right back away from Benedictus Piuso after landing the blow, keeping herself between the door and the mattress in a heavily guarded stance. "Onto that tick Arien YESTERDAY, you mewling maggot!" ferociously growls, sharp teeth glittering. [Defense]

"I fear not death." Benedictus Piuso states, "And I'll not be taken as your hostage. Do what you will, this is stupid. No use in it, none at all." he looks Sigrid right in the eye, hand still pressed against the wound, "Do you -really- want to do this, General? Really?" [Benedictus Piuso]

"You idiot blockhead," Sigrid marvels, slanting a thin eye to the blood sitting there sticky and wet on her Daravi-style short-blade. It checks right back to Benedictus Piuso, wild and bright as her second squints down to nearly nothing. "I'll cut those dandy church-legs right out from under you if you don't unstuff that cotton from your pasty-white ears and do what I ARIEN TELL YOU TO DO! ARIEN frak." [Defense]

Benedictus Piuso watches Sigrid intensely a moment before stepping back, "Fine." he says, "We'll play it your way. I hope its Arien worth your trouble."

Sigrid's hand with the keys stuffs them into her belt, then balls and unlenches as she follows Benedictus Piuso's retreat at a relatively safe distance. "Face down," she woodenly orders. "Hands behind your back." [Defense]

Benedictus Piuso rolls his eyes, turning around and putting his hands behind his back, "Let me go. I won't tell anyone of this and we can all walk away free. You are making a horrible mistake."

Sigrid , with her dagger sharp and ready to fly at Benedictus Piuso for the slightest provocation, gives him a shove with her boot and attempts to make a kneel against his back. "Oh, we'll talk first. We'll have a good long chat, Bene ol' boy. You'n me. I got lots to say." [Defense]

"Fine, let's chat." Benedictus Piuso says, not submitted to a kneel, "I am an excellent listener, you'll find." [Benedictus Piuso]

Sigrid knocks a sharp punch against the back of Benedictus Piuso's head as she tries to lay him flat on the mattress. "I said FLAT. OUT. DOWN." Voice escalating with anger, she turns her head to make a quick spit at the floor. [Defense]

Benedictus Piuso turns his head to look at Sigrid one last time before he lies on his stomach.

Sigrid withdraws a length of sturdy rope and motions for Benedictus Piuso to put his hands together.

You fastens a length of sturdy rope around Benedictus Piuso's wrists.

Sigrid binds Benedictus Piuso, then emits a faint, dry chuckle as she pulls away from the bed. "You left your drink downstairs, Father Bennie."

Sigrid stands over the bed, a bloodied knife in hand.

"Yes, I did." Benedictus Piuso states, his voice muffled, "Yes, it seems I did. Oh well, don't think I'll be needing it, though the day just seems to be getting longer." he manags to roll over, "Now, you mind telling me why you're going through all this?" [Benedictus Piuso]

[Benedictus Piuso is lying on the bed, bound with ropes and with an open stab wound to his side.]

"Where's that book?" Sigrid mutters. She looks at her dagger, then grabs Benedictus Piuso's pristine white left sleeve to wipe its blade clean. It's tucked into boot after, peering eyes scouring his body before she starts grabbing at it, stripping him of his possessions. [Player]

peek bene
You look at what they are carrying:
a leather-bound book with dog-eared pages, marked with a J
an iron keyring bearing several keys
( 5) a piece of mail
the Book of Penances
a sturdy black leather ledger embossed with a silver Chalice
a splendid wooden tabac pipe with a long stem and wide bowl
a long-stemmed, deep red rose
a hand-stitched leather skullcap with a thinly braided edge
a simple leather tunic, over a long white cotton undershirt
a deck of cards
[He has a bulging beltpouch.]

Benedictus Piuso struggles a little, "She gave that to -me-." he says rather plainly to her, "I showed you the piece because I was told you may want to read it, I passed on her apologies. Stab me again if you wish. Kill me. But you don't get the book." his voice is full of venom, "What does it mean to you? If you even cared the slightest bit for her you would respect the fact that she loved me and me her."

Sigrid's teeth click together, and she reels back an arm and throws a hard PUNCH at Benedictus Piuso's mouth before he's got the last words out. "You KILLED HER!" she seethes. "SHUT UP!"

"How did I kill her." Benedictus Piuso asks, spitting out blood, "I wish I could have saved her, but I couldn't." he glares up at her, "And no, I won't shut up." [Benedictus Piuso]

Sigrid shakes her hand in the air, wincing, then grabs Benedictus Piuso's collar and winds back for another full-force swing. "You'll shut up or I'll cut your tongue out of your throat, you Arien man-whore," spits in his face before she throws the blow.

Benedictus Piuso remains passive enough as he talks, only struggling to avoid any grabs at his possessions, "Say what you have to say, that 'long chat' of yours, hm?" he looks up at her, "And no, no man-whore. Priest. Priest of God."

Sigrid, even with her wiry strength, is considerably smaller than Benedictus Piuso and doesn't have a great deal of success against him given his resistance. "Arien son of Thandok," she growls just before her fingers curl around the corner of a small Book of Penances.

You think to yourself, "DAMNIT. Not quite the pushover I thought he was. But that's alright-- that's alright. Hunger and thirst are convincing arbiters. Heh. Give him a few days."

Benedictus Piuso doesn't resist against Sigrid's movements for the Book of Penances, "Sure, you can have that. You're going to need it."

You take the Book of Penances from Benedictus Piuso.

Sigrid glances at the thing, then tosses it aside. It hits the floor with a muffled thud, her expression curling with irritation. "Fine. Fine," suddenly grins, palms showing as she back toward the door. "I'm sure we can find a way to get along here, Bene. We're both reasonable people."

You drop the Book of Penances.

Benedictus Piuso smiles, nodding once or twice, "Thank you." he smiles despite his rather damaged condition, "Now, tell me what you want. I'm listening. I'll answer questions, whatever." He seems cautious of her still but his smile is genuine and he seems willing enough to talk.

Sigrid makes a nod at Benedictus Piuso, brows launching while she makes a lean against the exit. "How's that? You know, I didn't -want- to do that, but you forced my hand."

"Sorry." Benedictus Piuso chuckles dryly, "I can be a bit.. stubborn at times." he looks up at her curiously, "Now, let's get to it, what do you need from me? And why all this, if I may ask? It was a little.. startling to say the least." [Benedictus Piuso]

Sigrid tucks her thumbs in her belt. "This ain't about you, Bene," she tells Benedictus Piuso grimly, lips curling. "This is about... our mutual friend." A nod, and her tongue pokes the inside of her cheek. "See, I didn't get to spend much time with that girl before she kicked the bucket, and someone's gotta pay for that."

"Pay for it?" Benedictus Piuso's eyebrows shoot up, "I agree, she deserves Justice. However, I would hope I'm not the one to pay." he sighs and shakes his head, "How exactly am I to pay for it?" [Benedictus Piuso]

"Oh, I've got some ideas," Sigrid assures Benedictus Piuso, wetting up her lips. "But I think I'll wait 'til you're a bit more comfortable with your new lodgings before diving into--" a faint, ominous flicker brightens her murky eyes, "into THAT." She nods at the mattress. "It's cozy, eh? And I'll get a bucket for your shit." [Player]

You think to yourself, "Yep. Few days oughtta do it."

"I'd prefer to just get on with it, to be honest." Benedictus Piuso replies, "But, I don't really have a choice, do I? Can I get my bonds taken off at least? Perhaps some paper brought up?" he pauses, "I'll show you parts of it, copy it for you even." [Benedictus Piuso]

Benedictus Piuso says, "And no, no hard feelings. I'm afraid I have a rather nasty tendency of seeing the best in people. By greatest fault, perhaps."

"Oh, we're friendly," grins down at Benedictus Piuso, and Sigrid coughs a noise. "But not -that- friendly." She reaches back to pull open the door. "Have a good sleep, eh?" [Player]

unlock east
The key turns easily, unlocking the eastern door with a thin pewter key notched with a double-X.

You open the eastern door.

You leave east on a trim bootstep.

More later. Still editing. ^^
Old As Dirt

Empheba

Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:05 am

I keep forgetting to comment on this. This is outright amazing roleplay. I'm especially impressed with how one can follow Sigrid's internal motivations as a running internal monologue of thoughts throughout the scene. I also much appreciate the small hints (shaking hands etc) to Bene that Sigrid was not quite as collected as she appears, hints which in principle (if he had been a more careful/cynical fellow) might have warned him that something was off before it was too late.

I know only the end outcome of this, so looking forward to the continued log! Kudos so far!
Empheba

Lei

Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:49 am

Thanks Empheba. <3

You leave west on a trim bootstep.
A Windowless Room
[Comfortable]

(Bene ab Puiso is here, hands bound behind his back with a length of rope. )

The Book of Penances is on the floor near the wall. (eastern edge)
Benedictus Piuso is here. [App: 3]
He is bound with a pair of cuffs.
You have arrived.

Sigrid reenters, sort of grinning at Benedictus Piuso after she locks up the latch and takes a lean against the door, crossing up her arms.

Benedictus Piuso is lying in the bed, facing the wall. At the sound of the door, he manages to roll himself over after a little writhing and faces Sigrid, "Ah, how are you, General?" he yawns a little, "Had a nice nap myself... what can I do for you?"

"Sorry to disturb your slumbers, ol' Ben." Sigrid rubs a few fingertips under her lightly uplifting chin. "Just checkin' in to see that I didn't just dream this little scene from earlier up in my head. Lord knows I have already many a time before now." She sets her teeth together, looking briskly cheerful. "But look-- there you are! Silly me."

"Oh, I was waking up anyways." Benedictus Piuso shrugs, smiling still, "And here I am! Seems it is not a dream at all." he coughs a little, "Comfortable enough, if you're wondering, though I have a nasty itch -right- between my shoulder blades." he laughs a little, "So, gotten any ideas of how I'm to pay this debt I seem to have incurred?"

Sigrid avoids the question, eyeing the bloodstain front and side of Benedictus Piuso's chest. "How's that?" she wants to know. "Must be a shallow wound; didn't see much spurting when I landed it."

"Ah, aching." Benedictus Piuso shrugs, "Hurts to move it too much, but I'll manage." he looks down, "Stained the robes though.. blood'll never come out of this set properly, have to get a new one when I get back to the rectory."

"Yeah. When you get back to the rectory." Sigrid's eyes turn beady. "That's the spirit. Keep that optimism high, Father-- you'll need it."

"Ah, I'm an optimistic man." Benedictus Piuso replies, "Moping about won't get me out of here any faster.. best make what I can of it. I'll admit, its been excellent for prayer. Her Holiness will undoubtedly thank you for it in time, or not as the case may be, already got my next sermon all written up in my head." his grin fades after a while though, becoming little more than a faint smile.

Sigrid wets her lips, rubbing the side of her hand under her jaw. She refrains from reply for a good long few minutes, then addresses Benedictus Piuso in a quick, cutting tone, "...Tell me about her last months. Before she ended."

Benedictus Piuso smiles a little, "We were in love." he begins, "Had a wonderful time, as lovers do.. she was happy, hopeful. That is something that she had not been for awhile, especially since the Tower." he pauses, "I left the Order for her. We wanted to get married after the rumors passed and people calmed down about the entire deal.. She was happy, I think, though people's words weighed on her. She had lost friends from the entire affair at the Mass."

Those words from Benedictus Piuso have a decidely poor effect on Sigrid as they prolong; by the time he's done, her body is heavily tensed and rigid, and the noise of her teeth grating together can be heard all the way to the mattress. "SHUT UP!" spews out, and she jerks over to grab at the lamp on the table, picking it up to hurl it at the bed. In her fit of anger, precise aim is not made, and it misses the bound man, clattering with a loud bang to the wall beside him.

Benedictus Piuso looks up to her sadly, "I'm sorry." he says, though strongly enough, "I did not mean to offend." he frowns a little, studying the woman carefully.

Sigrid spits on the floor, then raises a fist to shake at Benedictus Piuso as she looms over the dirty mattress. "She didn't lose -ME-." The fist finds a wall to punch, and she leans against it afterward, looking at the bruised purple of her knuckles.

"I do not know much about your time with Jules." Benedictus Piuso speaks quietly, "But, she seemed to care for you, the fact she asked me to send her apologies indicates that much." he sighs, "I miss her. I am sure you do too, but she is in a better place now. She awaits us, watches us from above.. no more pain for her now and I think she would want us to move on with her, to carry her on to better times here. That is the best we can do for her memory, we who held her dear."

Sigrid may or may not be listening; those marks on her hand keep her eyes busy, and a thin nibble is chewing at the pink of her lower lip. She turns to glare at Benedictus Piuso when he finishes, regardless. "We were lovers," reveals. "Or would have been, if your ugly prick hadn't wormed its way up her skirt."

You think to yourself, "HAH. I'll castrate him."

Benedictus Piuso is silent a long time, "Love is a strange thing, Sigrid." he finally says quietly, "And I know not why it found us. In many ways, it should not have been, but yet it was." he tries to sit up, rocking a few times, painful cringes crossing his face as the muscles in his side contract, "I don't pretend to understand it." he finally says, finding a way to achieve his goal, "I did not ask for it nor did I force it and I am sure she did not want to hurt you."

"You got some real pretty ideas there," Sigrid smirks, nothing better than pure unadulterated hatred in her face for Benedictus Piuso. "And they work just fine for church sermons in your damn cathedral, but they don't mean a Lunare thing where I've got you now."

"Would you like to know what I'm going to do to you, you snake from the pit of the abyss?"

"General! Open your eyes!" Benedictus Piuso pleads, "I believe you loved her, but love is not something you can demand. You are right, you have complete control here. You need but reach over and slit my throat, I'd be dead. I have no choices, none. Yet, ask yourself, what would she stay if she were standing here? Could you do it if she were?" He sighs, "Sure, let's hear it, then."

Those entreaties have no visible effect on Sigrid's flinty expression. "I'm going to take my little knife I've got and peel the skin off your bones. One. Small. Strip. At. A. Time." The voice she explains to Benedictus Piuso with is low and simple, friendly even; one you might use with a small child. "I think it's fair, you see, that you feel a small bit of the torture you inflicted on me, thieving my Jules away."

Sigrid states to Benedictus Piuso, "Then I'm going to castrate you."

Benedictus Piuso lies back, "Very well, General. I'll gladly do such for love. Its clear to me now that you did not love her, for love would not do this. This, General, is lust and unbridled lechery. I hope you can face God, General. More so, I hope you can face Julea." he closes his eyes, "Lord have mercy on you. You're in my prayers, General. Always."

"Of course, I'm not going to do any of this right away," Sigrid adds, unmoved by Benedictus Piuso's reply. She fronts a charmingly toothy smile, throwing a hand through the dark shag of hair atop her head and peering down at Benedictus Piuso from her slouch against the wall opposite. "You're just a bit too strong for me right about now. ...A few days without food though, I reckon, ought to do just the trick."

Benedictus Piuso Shrugs, "Whenever. Makes no difference." he says, "Just think, General. Think about your love and about what she would have wanted." he opens an eye to look at her, "Because if you love her, you shall put her before all else. Or perhaps that is just a happy idea for Cathedrals, that love is more than just feeling pleasure."

"Shows how little you knew her," Sigrid mutters. A rough cough clears up her throat, eyes darting from the door to the pipe stuck high in the wall before they fasten back on Benedictus Piuso, sharp and dagger-like. "This IS what she would have wanted," speaks faster, and a somewhat huskily. "My proof-- PROOF of my devotion." As she goes on, the violence in her stare heightens. "She never believed me when she was alive-- but she'd know, with this. Oh, Arien. She'd know."

"I'll mop this floor with your blood, Puiso," supplements, low and gutteral.

"No. I shows how little you knew her." Benedictus Piuso replies cooly, though kindly enough, "I spent every day with her for several months, in the Tower. I pulled every contact to stay the hand of a misguided Throne. In the end, I left my entire life for her. You claim to love her. You are just caught up in a fantasy, one now turned to bloodlust."

Sigrid allows a thin laugh down to Benedictus Piuso, patting the wall with a fidgeting hand. "Maybe you're right, you bastard. Maybe you're right. But it's MY fantasy, and it's all I've fucking got left of her."

"Here." Benedictus Piuso states, "I'll give you a copy of the book, get me a pen, ink, and it is yours." he looks up, "There -is- redemption, General. Take a deep breath, do the right thing, let me go and I'll pretend this never happened. This will not win you peace, Sigrid, this will win you nothing but more suffering. Make the right choice, find peace!"

Sigrid chuckles again, this one more cynical than her last. "You're pathetic," drawls a mild insult. "I don't know what my girl saw in you; I'll admit it. ... You're a WEAK, teat-sucking lamb, Puiso. You weren't anywhere on that woman's level and you Arien know it."

Benedictus Piuso laughs once, humorlessly, "What is strength?" he asks, "The ability to reach out and hurt someone? No." he just lays there, "I can accept being weak. Sure, I'll be the first. But you aren't strong either, Sigrid. You are pathetic that you must vent your jealousy and hurt by lashing out at me. -That- is low and I think you know it. You're better than this."

"Hah. She said I was weak," Sigrid grins. "She wouldn't say that now." A heavy palm wipes across her mouth, brows waggling at the prisoner. A hand slips under her vest, popping out a small flask, which she unstoppers and raises to the ceiling, eyes thrown upward. "Jules. My little sacrifice on your behalf, you gorgeous thing. Hope you're watching, somewhere."

Sigrid takes a swig, shaking her head afterward as her face twists a nasty look.

"She is, and she is weeping for it." Benedictus Piuso says in reply, "But, your choice, I suppose. I just hoped you would have made the right one. The one that would make her happy and proud." he swallows harshly, "She was sorry. She regretted hurting you."

"I would have made her happy," Sigrid unleashes on Benedictus Piuso with harshness. "We were fated for each other, she and I. And you--" A move is made away from the wall, hands working at her sides with an approach on the bed in which he lies. "You ruined it. Worse than ruined it: you doomed her. That's why you're here. I want that burned into your brain, you worthless sack of flesh. It's your Arien fucking fault."

Sigrid looms over the bed.

"I am curious." Benedictus Piuso says, looking to her, "How did I ruin it? How did I doom her? We hardly knew each other when she left, from what I hear." he shakes his head, "I am not here for that. I am here because you have a vengance to bring and I am the scapegoat."

"FATE," Sigrid kicks at Benedictus Piuso's leg, features in a brutal coil. "You WRECKED it."

Benedictus Piuso just sighs, shakes his head and lies there, saying nothing to this save, "If you say so. I see there is no use arguing."

Sigrid looks down, eyeing a spot below Benedictus Piuso's waist and between his legs. "You won't be needing that anyway, with those celibacy vows," she points out, then backs off. "Anyway. Thanks, I guess. Feels pretty damn good getting all this off my chest."

"Always happy to listen." Benedictus Piuso answers, facing her again, "Always." he pauses, "Celibacy, yes, but that doesn't make this right. Nor will it make Julea anymore pleased. I know you think I messed up fate, but have you not considered that Julea simply did not want you like that? Do you not trust her enough to make her own decisions for her heart?" he shrugs, "Just things to think about. I suppose I have not but to wait now."

"That's enough," Sigrid cuts in. "I've had about enough of your tasteless babbling for now." She drinks from her flask again, scowling at Benedictus Piuso while the liquor is swallowed back. A faint grin later, she's back to gloating. "I skinned a sand-humper down in Darav, but I can guarantee I'll enjoy mutilating you just a wee bit more."

"Just consider these things." Benedictus Piuso shrugs, closing his eyes and rolling over, "Because if you're right, then you have nothing to fear in my words. Yet, I do think I am right and you know it. You just have to admit it.. move on and all that."

Benedictus Piuso states, "Sometimes, what keeps us from being happy is ourselves. We just are too busy blaming others to fight the enemies we have in our own selves. - That- is courage, fighting our demons."

Sigrid eyes the roll-over with a gleeful face, then propels herself into a curt turn doorward. "I'll fit you back into my schedule in few days, Puiso. Get some good, restful sleep, eh?"

The key turns easily, unlocking the eastern door with a thin pewter key notched with a double-X.

You open the eastern door.

"Aye, I suppose I will." Benedictus Piuso mutters, "Take your time with it all."
Old As Dirt

Lei

Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:42 am

You leave west, arriving on an unsteady footing after several unsuccessful fumbles with the door.

A Windowless Room
[Comfortable]

(Bene ab Puiso is here, hands bound behind his back with a length of rope. )

The Book of Penances is on the floor near the wall. (eastern edge)
Benedictus Piuso is lying on the bed, looking rather gaunt and weary. [App: 3]
You have arrived.

Sigrid tenses a fist, grabbing down to catch out her knife from her boot. The door is left carelessly open as she stumbles over to where Benedictus Piuso lays. "It's time, ol' friend. It's tiime."

You pull out your dagger.

"I see." Benedictus Piuso nods, "Perhaps... unbind my hands?" he asks, "I'm not really in any state to fight back. No weapons or the like." his expression is neutral, the days of malnutrition have weighed upon him dearly. "Just give me that one dignity, aye?"

Look Bene
Benedictus Piuso is lying on the bed, looking rather gaunt and weary.
The man before you is tall, his build lean and healthy. A long, thin
nose runs down his thin face between two eyes, blue-grey in color and
stirred with compassion and depth. Set upon a strong chin is a thin mouth.
His skin is pale and glows subtely with youth. However, some force seems
still to have taken its toll on him, the ever so subtle signs of a
solemnity and wisdom far past the apparant indication of an age not but a
few summers past his twentieth year are reflected deep in his features.
His hair, sable, is cut to a conservative, short length. He is well kept,
hair combed and well tended, and his face is clean cut. Smooth,
unblesmished skin running over chiseled high cheek bones.

A Chalice is branded to the side of his neck.
His left sleeve has a red stain sweeping across it
He has a mild stab wound to his side.
He is taller than you by a foot.

Benedictus Piuso is using:
<worn on head> a black cotton skullcap with off-white chalices embroidered
<worn around neck> a small white clay chalice hanging from a steel chain
<worn over shoulder> a satchel of ivory samite embroidered with a golden Chalice
<worn, left wrist> a ball of hollowed wax attached to a cord as a simple charm
<worn, left finger> a wide brushed silver ring beset with a fine carnelian rose
<worn on torso> a concealing white linen robe with chalice embroidered edge
<worn about body> an opulent hooded black cloak lined with decadent blood red
<worn about waist> a low-slung leather belt with a heavy steel caduceus buckle
<worn on legs> a long pair of atramentous suede leggings with hemmed cuffs
<worn on feet> a pair of worn, hard leather shoes with strong wooden soles
<shackled over wrist>a length of sturdy rope

"Yank up your skirt," Sigrid orders, waving the blade at Benedictus Piuso's low-hanging robe. "I'll have my way with you before you're dead on my floor. Drop your unders." Speech slurred, she gives his leg side a good kick that nearly knocks her off balance.

Sigrid 's dagger makes another menacing gesture, eyes on that spot below Benedictus Piuso's waist and between his legs. Her intentions aren't exactly a mystery.

"Can't." Benedictus Piuso pulls at the binds weakly, "You don't have to do this, Sigrid, you know that. You're better than this." he has strength enough to raise his head and look her in the eye, "And no. I'll not submit to it. What you do, you have to do yourself." he lamely pushes himself up, "And you're drunk. I think its best to damn yourself when you're sober."

Sigrid pushes Benedictus Piuso back down, teeth bared. Her one arm holding at his bound hands, she makes an imprecise slash at the skirt keeping her from her objective.

Benedictus Piuso rolls over, giving a weak kick at Sigrid's ankles, "By Dav, General!" he says, "Do you realize what you're doing? This is incredibly -stupid-." he shakes his head, "The cuts and like can be explained away but this, it will only cast suspicion on you. Do you -want- to burn?"

The robe is ripped, and Benedictus Piuso's leg narrowly avoids the force of Sigrid's dagger-blow as it jostles to knock at her feet. She topples, making a claw at his face as she goes down -- the knife is firmly retained in the grip of her second hand. "HOLD THE ARIEN frak STILL!"

"No." Benedictus Piuso growls back, "I'm doing this for your soul, Sigrid." he tries another lame kick at her, though it misses, "Why? Why in Dav's name are you doing this? Love you say? Bah, love creates life, it doesn't snuff it or torture it like this."

Sigrid scrambles, arms and legs flailing until she's mostly on top of Benedictus Piuso, pinning him with the sturdy force of her wiry strength and trying to catch a short, ragged breath.

[Action: Benedictus Piuso is wrestling with Sigrid on the bed, his robe has been ripped.]

"Bloooody, stinkin' iiiiidiot," Sigrid mutters, stinking of liquor as she tries to maintain the position.

Sigrid now pinning him, the man's weariness is too much to truly fight back though he stills struggles as much as he can, "Saint Aelwyn protect me." he says between breathes, "And may he show you the madness of this."

Sigrid grunts her satisfaction, then shifts a turn on top of Benedictus Piuso to straddle him facing the -opposite- direction. The knife is bitten between her teeth, both hands grabbing down to riiiiip the robe better open.

You think to yourself, "He can die a slow, agonizing death, I reckon. I'll finish this up, then lock him up and leave him. They ain't onto me YET. I can still hitch a boat ride to Tubor."

"You damn yourself." Benedictus Piuso yells, "You damn yourself with this, Latago. See reason for sweet Heaven's sake!"

A concealing white linen robe with chalice embroidered edge is ripped, leaving trousers exposed beneath it.

Sigrid reaches back to slap Benedictus Piuso, jerking the knife out of her mouth before she spits a scowled and drunken, "Shut up!" Then his under trousers are torn at with the help of her blade. "These. These'll join me on the ride to Tubor," mutters.

"No!" Benedictus Piuso spits back, is voice full of venom, "Never." he nearly laughs into the dank cloth, "So, Death. We meet again, and you -boast- in your flimsy pride. You think yourself clever. You think yourself strong, but you are -nothing-. You pretend to rule all but the truth of it is that the only the power you have is that which we give you and I give you -none- of it."

"Who you -talkin'- to, Puiso!" Sigrid heckles, scooting just a bit back as Benedictus Piuso is exposed, and tightening her knees up against his struggles. "It's just your old friend the General!" She worms her hand around the lower hanging pieces of him, hunkering down into a position ready for sawing away.

"You take Death's place, Sigrid." Benedictus Piuso twists about to look up at Sigrid, "For that's all you are now. Death." His voice is absolutely venomous as he speaks to her, "I hope this little childish fantasy is worth it all. Your Arien soul. And I hope you get to see Julea one last time when you die so you can see the pain in her eyes and the broken heart you give her now. I hope you see the trust you broke, the redemption with her you are throwing away. For what? For your little chance at revenge? For your chance to fill some damned bloodlust?" he shakes his head before he turns away and begins a slow, level prayer, "I believe in one God, the Lord of the Springs, to Whom I owe all goodness, the least of which is not my life and the love He filled it with.."

...And after one last adjustment, the blade starts to cutting. Anger, prayers, entreaties-- Sigrid's ears are deaf to all, eyes glazing with the heightened passion that comes from the actual, tangible reprisal for Benedictus Piuso's crimes right there in her hands. A sadistic chuckle catches in her throat, the work of his castration begun in earnest.

".. I believe in Dav, the highest vicar of the Lord, who is for us our highest aspiration." Benedictus Piuso continues through screams, yelling the creed with them, "I believe in the Holy Church given to us by the wisdom of Heaven. It is our dearest Mother and best Teacher."

Benedictus Piuso yells through screams: "I believe in Dav, the highest vicar of the Lord, who is for us our highest aspiration! I believe in the Holy Church given to us by the wisdom of Heaven! It is our dearest Mother and best Teacher!"

Sigrid grips, pulls, tears and cuts, making a good bloody mess of Benedictus Piuso's manparts while hissing back over her shoulder: "Your tongue's next! Your tongue! Shut up! Shut up!" She slaps a sticky palm at his face.

You yell, "Shut up! SHUT UP!"

The sounds of screams, yells and struggles noise from somewhere deep inside the mansion's wooden walls. [You (RPYell)]

Though Benedictus Piuso attempts to hold them back, tears are beginning to well in his eyes. He has outright transformed his cries of pain into the shouted prayer, "And I believe in Love which is the greatest of all goods! For it is that which defeats all shadow! That which pierces all evil! That which lifts up our craven human natures and ascends us to virtue! All these things I gladly give my life and limb for, ror without them, man is nothing! Without them, life is not worth living!"

Sigrid slouches off to one side, then knocks a harsh, sharp elbow into Benedictus Piuso's ribcage -- hopefully to knock out some breath. Her other hand, bloody and twitching, tries to keep a hold of the slippery bits sliding out of her grasp.

Benedictus Piuso oofs. Blood is, by now, everywhere. Yet, he looks at Sigrid, "I pity you, Sigrid. I do. For you have no dignity. You have no reason to live because you sold your soul long ago to the Abyss and cast your love on the rocks to be consumed by your pure selfishness and evil. You are worth nothing, not even enough to call yourself human." Seeming to run on pure adrenaline and resolve, he fights through the pain and weariness, "And to think Julea wanted to apologize. I can see why she rejected you. I can see why she did not take on to your petty demands because simply, you have not the right, the ability, or the soul to love anyone, much less someone like her."

"THERE they are," hacks a hoarse noise that's not quite a chuckle, but something vaguely similar. Sigrid holds up a wet handful of something, and flops off of Benedictus Piuso onto the floor to gloat over her prize, loosening her hold on the knife. ...Not entirely, but it's clearly not her first focus anymore.

Falling to the floor, Benedictus Piuso looks up, "So, what now?" he demands, "You have your little prize. Now, is it death? Or do you send me out to hobble back into the world? Either way, you burn."

Sigrid whips a bleary look over her shoulder. "Eh?" With a dazed face, she peers Benedictus Piuso over, then wipes a hand on the mattress and makes a grab for something she sees hiding on his person. "What's in it, eh?"

peek bene
You look at what they are carrying:
a leather-bound book with dog-eared pages, marked with a J
an iron keyring bearing several keys
( 5) a piece of mail
a sturdy black leather ledger embossed with a silver Chalice
a splendid wooden tabac pipe with a long stem and wide bowl
a long-stemmed, deep red rose
a hand-stitched leather skullcap with a thinly braided edge
a simple leather tunic, over a long white cotton undershirt
a deck of cards
[He has a bulging beltpouch.]

You take a leather-bound book with dog-eared pages, marked with a J from Benedictus Piuso.

Benedictus Piuso just looks at Sigrid with utter hatred, "There you go, read it. The last ones especially."

Sigrid grabs something else as well, leaving some blood marks on the front of Benedictus Piuso's robe with her ill-cleaned hand.

You take an iron keyring bearing several keys from Benedictus Piuso.

Once she's started rifling through Benedictus Piuso's person, Sigrid doesn't seem too inclined to stop. Some letters are jerked out and glanced at as well.

You examine a piece of mail.
_
<6)_ ,/
(_==/
='-

Lithmore Pigeon Post

.:*C*:._.:*O*:._.:*U*:._.:*R*:._.:*I*:._.:*E*:._.:*R*:.
To : Benedictus Written: Wed Mar 7 20:57:30 2012
Date: Solisda, Quintilis 22 353

Dear Bene,

They are concerns I share too, and I admit that it scares me. All of it
does, but being without you scares me more. Have you talked to Deviah?
Does he support us? Is it true what they said? That the Grand Inquistar
has stepped down?

I think it is important that you continue to act as Cardinal, hold another
Mass, perhaps? Speak from your heart and from Dav. Pray for guidance and
show your people the way through this.

Amdair advises me that Ariel has approached him and wishes to meet with me
to discuss matters. I trust him, as I do you and Dav, so will go when he
sends for me.

All my love, Jules

You examine a piece of mail.
_
<6)_ ,/
(_==/
='-

Lithmore Pigeon Post

.:*C*:._.:*O*:._.:*U*:._.:*R*:._.:*I*:._.:*E*:._.:*R*:.
To : Benedictus Written: Wed Mar 7 17:44:37 2012
Date: Lunisda, Quintilis 21 353

Bene,

I know, it is hard. That is the very reason I wrote that letter a few days
ago, because I know that us being together was going to have far reaching
impacts on both of us. But I also know now that being without you is an
even more difficult thing for me. Something that I do not have the
strength to do.

I do not know what to suggest, other than that we trust in Dav in this. If
this is Dav's gift, then surely it is not without purpose, even if we can't
see it yet ourselves.

Love, Jules

Benedictus Piuso laughs, "Oh, into reading random mail too?" he asks, "Not much in it all for you. I hope you enjoy it.""

A bitter look sinks into Sigrid's face as she throws the love-letters down onto the mattress into that pool of Benedictus Piuso's blood. Slowly, she strains her way up to her feet and stares down at the freshly neutered man, looking suddenly and inexorably weary. "Here's how it's going to go down," speaks lowly and concisely. "I'm going to shove this steel into your gut, Bene. Not enough to kill you yet- but a few good hours ought to do the trick. Five? Maybe ten? You'll bleed out, and then they'll find you."

Benedictus Piuso nods, "I see." he says, looking at the letters, "Mind allowing me the chance for a will?" he asks, "Meh, they'd likely execute it as I'll ask anyways." he lies back and closes his eyes as he prepares for what's to come.

[Action: Benedictus Piuso lies here in a pool of blood.]

Sigrid drops down to wobbly knee, steadying herself with a hand on the wall to look for the best spot to land her intended strike.

Benedictus Piuso's lips move in silent prayer. Suddenly, he seems rather.. at peace. "The bonds, at least." he whispers.

Sigrid pulls in a deep breath, then plunges her dagger down low into Benedictus Piuso's abdomen, sinking the metal with a sickeningly quiet SQUISH as her slitted eyes oversee from above. [Attack]
Benedictus Piuso appears to be hurt.

Benedictus Piuso gasps as the steel meets its mark.

Sigrid pulls the blade right back out, pointy teeth glistening as she stares Benedictus Piuso down from that cruel vantage point. Another quick stab falls, right next to the other puncture. [Attack]
Benedictus Piuso looks badly injured.

Again, another rasping breath escapes Benedictus Piuso's lips as he whispers, "Out of the depths, my Lord, I cry to Thee now. Hear the voice of my supplication, I beg." a tear runs down his cheek, "Do not worry, Jules. I'm on the threshold now soon, we shall be together. Again."

Sigrid withdraws the knife, wiping it on Benedictus Piuso's ripped and soiled robe before picking up and moving away from the bed. She gives the broken body a last look to survey her work, then peels her upper lip back and stoops to exit the dank chamber. [Disengage]

Benedictus Piuso looks up to Sigrid, giving a nod. "Ah, Death, so you finally did come for me. Very well, tis only right. I enter my eternal bliss now. A martyr for Faith and Love, I see no fate better."

Sigrid wipes her mouth, plodding out the door and jerking it shut in her wake.
Old As Dirt

Julea

Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:46 am

<3
Julea/Lien/Ashe/Adaline

• Information