Another Crazy Night at the Palace

Post logs, pictures, poetry and more. (Please request the permission of others before posting logs about their characters. Thank you!)

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Lei
Discord Handle: Lei#3876

Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:52 am

Ari's player was SUPER awesome and gave me his log when mine fizzled out, and I think it's even better from his angle anyway. :P
Barista Hall
[Freezing]
Wide and spacious, the carpeted hallway is well lit with gilt lamps
along the walls, spaced evenly between paintings of prominent Lithmorrans
past and present. To the north a set of grand double-doors stand, inset
with the sigil of an unassailable, doorless castle tower. Offset by a few
paces, a second door in the southern wall proudly displays the golden
sunburst of House Blackmoore, while the door at the eastern end is guarded
by the image of the Darton ram's head. To the west the hallway is mounted
with the image of a ram's head. To the west the hallway continues, flanked
by more doors and paintings.

(The hall is guarded by a pair of staunch-looking soldiers in the Queen's
own uniform. They stand beside the northern and southern doors. )

[ Exits: -north- east -south- west down ]
A stocky, sandy-haired bodyguard with a square jaw is here.
A tall, slender manservant with light brown hair is here.
Marisa is here. [App: 5]
A palace guardsman stands sentinel here.

"The Lady Damassande," the guardsman out in the hall announces at the Blackmoore suites with a knock at it. [Player (RPYell)]

The southern door is opened from the other side.

"She won't be vexed you're bringing company, I hope," you murmurs to Marisa. [you ]

"Hopefully not," Marisa agrees with a grin back to you, proceeding along. [Marisa ]

You leave south.
House Blackmoore Suites
[Freezing]
This large sitting room is paneled throughout in dark wood, the floor
covered with the same. Thick rugs in earth-toned colors have been laid
about to give at least some degree of comfort. The furniture is heavy and
overstuffed, largely upholstered in dark leathers. At the far end of the
room a number of couches and chairs are gathered around a large hearth with
wooden end-tables strewn throughout. Above that hearth is a large, stone
mantle where a variety of small items of interest have been placed.
Mounted above that is a kite shield of white enameled steel emblazoned with
a golden sunburst at its center. The walls bear numerous portraits of
fashionable men and women, some marked by age, while others seem more
recent. Along the walls and in the corners of the room are small tables,
sets of chairs, and cushions on the ground. The other dominant article of
furniture is a huge oaken bookcase, filled with volumes on any number of
subjects, with some seeming to date back hundreds of years. A wrought iron
chandelier and lamps scattered through the room provide illumination.

(Tea service for two has been laid out on one of the central tables, with
a little sprig of green holly decorating the tray. A roaring fire blazes
at the hearth. )

[ Exits: north south -west- ]
A gaunt, sickly-looking blonde stands over the tea set, hands clasped at the front of her waist. [App: 5]
You have arrived.

look gaunt
A gaunt, sickly-looking blonde stands over the tea set, hands clasped at the front of her waist.
This young woman may be in her twenties. Housed within two hollowed
sockets are her slanted eyes: pale, watery blue and largely blank. A few
drawn creases sweep out from beneath them, conspiring a woefully dreary
look above the low, gaunt cheekbones of her face. Even lower, a long,
tired mouth bears at its corners a dubious indication of forgotten dimples,
and the eyebrows much farther up are barely visible against the white
pallor of her forehead, standing out more as dainty, furrowed indentations
than anything of substance. Her hair is fair and bone-straight, pulled
back behind her head into a limp, drooping knot. A few flat strands have
been left to hang at either side of her face.

Her equipment is hidden under a luxurious, white velvet cloak which falls to ankle length.
You are two and a half hands taller than she is.

remember gaunt Baroness Arely ab Lassider
From here on you will remember a gaunt, sickly-looking blonde as Baroness Arely ab Lassider.

A stocky, sandy-haired bodyguard with a square jaw closes the northern door.

A little aproned maid curtseys after showing the pair in, then quickly eyes the tea tray before slipping out into the hall. [Baroness Arely ab Lassider ]

You think to yourself, "Oh, how sad... Marisa said she had been fragile, but... she's barely a wisp of a woman anymore."

Baroness Arely ab Lassider swallows, heavily. A wan smile bolsters up through her gaunt features, blank eyes switching between Marisa and you.

"My," chokes a sudden, awkward laugh. "It's been -some- time, hasn't it." Baroness Arely ab Lassider touches at the sides of her cloak, bowing her chin for Marisa. [Baroness Arely ab Lassider ]

Ariel steps in at Marisa's side, his bright gaze alighting upon Baroness Arely ab Lassider. There's just a moment's silent scrutiny before he smiles, warmly, and bends into a deep bow. "My lady, I hope you'll forgive me for intruding where I was not invited. I am Ari op Orban, and I thought perhaps some amusement could be welcome."

Marisa is ushered in, looking about a moment before turning her attention upon Baroness Arely ab Lassider with a light, thin smile. "Some time, yes. And as Ariel says, I do hope eet ees no trouble I have brought heem along. You hadn't met previously, yes?"

You think to yourself, "That's her 'not very happy' smile..."

"We will find another cup," Baroness Arely ab Lassider quickly speaks, eyeing the tray. A briefly whiter pallor overcasts her face, and she sets a bare hand over the closed front of her cloak, murmuring an apologetic, "It's very cold in here." Halting steps bring her around the low table, and she offers a palm to the couches near it. "Please. S-sit. Counsellor, I'm very glad to see you. And you, Master Orban." [Baroness Arely ab Lassider ]

Baroness Arely ab Lassider blinks once, eyes rather watery and unfocused. "Would you ring that bell behind you, Master Orban?"

"If you are cold, my lady..." you offers, reaching for his caped cloak for a moment before the request is made. "Ah, certainly," he agrees, turning to do just that instead. That done, he moves toward the indicated couches without yet seating himself. [you ]

Marisa nods lightly back to you, moving to settle down. "Eet's really a shame we haven't seen you about een some time," she remarks to Baroness Arely ab Lassider. "I had heard you were.. ah.. feeling under the weather?"

A loud knock sounds from the northern door.

Baroness Arely ab Lassider bows her eyes at Marisa's speech, closing trembling hands together. She lowers herself, and answers after she's seated. "A little, yes. ...I've been feeling better now though, in part. ...I'm going to throw a little dinner party, I think." A ghost of a smile touches at her lips, and then she looks to the door with a startle.

Baroness Arely ab Lassider touches her temple, asking you with a mortified look: "Would you let the maid in, Master Orban?"

"A dinner party... that sounds lovely, I should think, my lady. Have you thought about-" you is cut off by the knock, pausing to glance that way. He inclines his head to Baroness Arely ab Lassider, striding for the door. "Certainly, my lady." [you ]

You open the northern door.

Baroness Arely ab Lassider cranes her neck, mouth ajar.

Marisa glances curiously over at the door with a slight raise of her eyebrow. Looking back to Baroness Arely ab Lassider, she adds lightly, "Well, I am glad to hear you are feeling better, certeenly. And a deenner ees always lovely."

Ariel shuts the door as the maid enters, his expression even and unconcerned. Crossing the room again with broad strides, he settles himself on a couch near to Marisa without sharing the same one.

Baroness Arely ab Lassider catches up a breath, focusing on Marisa. "I wanted to beg the favor of your expertise, Counsellor. Your parties are always so very nice. ...I've heard." For the maid, she indicates the teapot. "Fresh water, Dottie. I want it hotter than that."

"It would be at Amdair's estate, naturally." [Baroness Arely ab Lassider ]

Marisa gives an incline of her head to Baroness Arely ab Lassider's remark, looking on thoughtfully. "I could certeenly geeve some advice, eef you have questions," she allows, gesturing a hand forward in invitation for said questions.

"Certainly, no one can deny Lady dul Damassande's parties are always successful," you murmurs with a little smile, but restrains his input into the conversation to that; he merely sits there otherwise, being quietly decorative. [you ]

Marisa gives a light smile over to your words before directing her gaze back on Baroness Arely ab Lassider.

Baroness Arely ab Lassider's lips appear to be quite dry. She moistens them, cringing shoulders ever so slightly inward as the dumpy, sour-faced maid picks up the teapot to fade into another room -- but the girl is stalled by a quick interjection from the hostess. "And another cup, Dottie. ...Is it," flits eyes back to Marisa, "too early yet, for a spring party?"

You think to yourself, "Somebody really has to do something about this. This woman needs to go outside."

Baroness Arely ab Lassider blinks rounded eyes at Marisa, mouth partly open.

"Eet ees but Decembrees, Lady Arely," Marisa replies with a strained smile, concern in her eyes. "Though one might begeen plans for the Spring, you could hardly hold a Spring party now, no." [Marisa ]

Ariel blinks his surprise at the question, but his face quickly smooths into the noncommittal, faintly smiling expression it's been wearing.

Baroness Arely ab Lassider waits until the maid returns to speak again. A quick stare settles to the couch upholstery just to Marisa's left, meanwhile, and her hands clasp together in a very harsh hold atop one of her velvet covered knees, tightening until her knuckles are beyond white. "Will you pour them?" whispers to the help when she's near enough to hear.

"Do you have any windows in the suite, my lady?" you abruptly asks of Baroness Arely ab Lassider. "The Lithmorran winter is harsh, yes, but it's also beautiful. It might be pleasant for you to look out at the snow, or even, health permitting, take a brief stroll in the gardens...?" [you ]

"It'll be very happy and gay," Baroness Arely ab Lassider emboldens her voice to say, clicking her gaze right onto Marisa's face again. "And I'll invite simply everyone." The maid checks her a dubious glance, tea trickling with a puff of steam into the first of the delicate teacups. [Baroness Arely ab Lassider ]

"That ees as a party should be, I always think," Marisa agrees with a light smile, meeting Baroness Arely ab Lassider's gaze back. "Have you decided what you weell serve? And there weell have to be entertainment, of course." [Marisa ]

You think to yourself, "Okay, there's definitely something I'm missing here. Is this about Amdair?"

Ariel doesn't seem particularly offended as his question is passed over, simply settling back on the couch and letting his gaze wander between Baroness Arely ab Lassider and Marisa impartially.

"N-no," admits Baroness Arely ab Lassider. "Not either, yet." Her attention is wholly Marisa's; the steady stare she's holding on the woman grows more devoted by the second, though her words have lost some of their fervor. A lump is swallowed out of her throat. "I was choosing a dress." [Baroness Arely ab Lassider ]

Tea is delivered to you and Marisa, and to Baroness Arely ab Lassider afterwards. The maid loiters momentarily by the tea service. [Baroness Arely ab Lassider]

"Meelk and honey, eef you would," Marisa requests of the maid with a light smile. Looking back to Baroness Arely ab Lassider, she gives an incline of her head, "Another eemportant element. And what have you chosen?" [Marisa ]

Ariel seems perhaps a bit glad for the diversion, plucking up his teacup without waiting for any additions. He blows lightly on the surface before taking a deep sip.

You think to yourself, "Wow. This is more awkward than... anything."

"It hasn't been made yet," Baroness Arely ab Lassider tells Marisa, her watery-eyed stare probably a bit overpowering by now. Perhaps it has blurred; she blinks, twice, and rubs quite lightly at one eye's corner, and then speaks with hesitation: "I want it patterned after a gown I have already tailored. I -do- like the darts, and the cut across the back. Would-- would you look at it? You know the fashions so very much better than I, and I'd be -so- grateful." [Baroness Arely ab Lassider ]

The needs of Marisa's beverage are attended with the maid's utter silence, and she walks to take a stand at the side of the room afterward, eyes on Baroness Arely ab Lassider. [Baroness Arely ab Lassider ]

You think to yourself, "That maid's a sour-looking one. Wonder if she pilfers the silverware. Would anybody notice if I slipped some alcohol into my tea..."

Marisa doesn't allow herself to be stirred by the gaze, meeting it with a meaningful intensity of her own. "I could, yes, eef you've the dress on hand - or sketches?" She lifts up the tea with a thankful smile to the maid, gaze pulled away from Baroness Arely ab Lassider's face.

You think to yourself, "Got to say, getting less sympathetic to her by the second. What is it with this need to challenge Marisa? But maybe it's just because she doesn't have anything else left..."

"In the other room," Baroness Arely ab Lassider leaves her tea untouched, parting a worried, cautious mouth and pulling herself to a stand with the mild assistance of her couch arm. "Thank you. Thank you, Counsellor-- and," to ari, "we'll only be a moment. J-just a moment." [Baroness Arely ab Lassider ]

Baroness Arely ab Lassider nods to the chambermaid, touching a frail hand up to the the side of her face.

Ariel casts a quick glance Marisa's way, but inclines his head. "Yes, of course, my lady; take what time you need," he murmurs.

You think to yourself, "I hate to leave Marisa alone with her... maybe I shouldn't... but there's no way she has the strength to hurt her, and I could come running in a second. It'd be inexplicably rude if I insisted on going."

You think to yourself, "...also, why isn't she drinking her tea when she specifically sent the maid back to do it right?"

Marisa sets the tea back to the table, untouched. She gives a smile and a light nod back to you at his glance, rising up to her feet.

You think to yourself, "Neither of them? Am I going to keel over dead or something from this tea?"

Marisa gestures Baroness Arely ab Lassider along with a light move of her hand.

Baroness Arely ab Lassider pulls her mouth up at both sides, but it's a pinched expression, and not quite as happy as it might be intended to look. Her hands contract into small fists at her sides, a swallow taken. She turns, leading Marisa further into the suite.

Baroness Arely ab Lassider leaves south.

Marisa leaves south, hips swaying back and forth as she goes.
A tall, slender manservant with light brown hair leaves south.
A stocky, sandy-haired bodyguard with a square jaw leaves south.

You think to yourself, "Okay, every single instinct I have that's kept me alive this long is screaming at me that something IS WRONG."

You tell Arely, "If Ari should, perhaps, choose to check out the teapot and you/Marisa's teacups surreptitiously while you two are out of the room, nothing seems amiss?

Arely tells you, "He'd find tea. Nothing funny. :P"

reply EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS SCENE IS FREAKING ME OUT.
You tell Arely, "EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS SCENE IS FREAKING ME OUT."

(Ariel surreptitiously switches his and Marisa's teacups.)

Action set to:
Ariel is sitting at the table, enjoying his second cup of tea.

You think to yourself, "You're being paranoid, Ari. But hey, it doesn't hurt."

A stocky, sandy-haired bodyguard with a square jaw arrives from the south.
A stocky, sandy-haired bodyguard with a square jaw slows to a halt.

A tall, slender manservant with light brown hair arrives from the south.
A tall, slender manservant with light brown hair slows to a halt.

To the south a woman yells, "Aaaagh! Arely! You've gone mad!"

You begin to move south.

You leave south.
An Elegant Sitting Room
[Freezing]
This ornate sitting room bears a clear feminine touch. The stone walls
are covered with tapestries that display light, festive scenes of peasant
and noble alike. The floor is strewn liberally with heavy rugs, several
thick in places, and in each corner is placed a heavy brazier, rendering
the room pleasantly warm in all seasons. Furnishing the space is a pair of
heavy couches upholstered in rich hunter velvet that face each other over a
low wooden table. Aside from this centerpiece are two sets of chairs
accompanied by a table placed along the wall, one on each side of the room.
Plump cushions can be found on the floor for additional seating. A pitcher
and several glasses rest on one of the side tables, offering refreshment.
Along with the braziers, a variety of lamps and candles burn, rendering the
room merrily lit and smelling faintly of lavender.

[ Exits: north east -south- west ]
A slender fluted wineglass rests on a side table. (western edge)
Shelves built into the walls display a variety of colorful mementos.
You have arrived

You yell, "What the hell's going on!"

You begin to move south.

You wield a heavy double-edged steel dagger, one side deeply serrated.
You cross the center of the room at a walk.

You open the southern door.
You leave south.
The Master Bedroom
[Freezing]
This sumptuously appointed bedroom is an apt display of considerable
wealth. A massive canopied bed dominates the center of the space, covered
with silken sheets and masked by sheer curtains. The room's decor centers
on dark woods and grey stone, with a floor covered in Farin rugs in a
variety of scintillating hues. The door to the north is bracketed by wide
tapestries, each depicting a number of scenes from the Consolidation.
Other walls are occupied by large shelves, dressers, and drawers, all of
the furniture crafted from matched Vandagan oak. Knick-knacks and other
small items are scattered about on various surfaces, ranging from a silver
letter-opener to a beautiful ivory comb. A number of merrily burning
candles emit both light and a pleasant smell.

[ Exits: north ]
A cabinet crafted from a wooden enclosure and a hinged door is here.
Baroness Arely ab Lassider is here. [App: 5]
She has a medium iron knife, with an ivory hilt and aquamarine gems drawn.
You have arrived.

You pull out your dagger.

Baroness Arely ab Lassider throws herself at Marisa, trying to stab her torso.

Ariel comes in at a dead run, a massive knife in his hand. He charges at Baroness Arely ab Lassider without hesitation.

"I've not done anything weeth heem! He's -dead-!" Marisa struggles against Baroness Arely ab Lassider's holding her in the wardrobe door. "He died een Casterlay! Ages ago!" [Marisa ]

"Drop the knife -right now- or you're -dead-!" you snarls sharply at Baroness Arely ab Lassider. [you ]

Marisa shoves the door back open against Baroness Arely ab Lassider's pressures, scrambling away from it. "You keep away from me, madwoman!"

Baroness Arely ab Lassider crumples under Marisa's arm before the dagger even gets near its target, her face white as a sheet. "No! No! You have him! You took him, you harlot!"

The knife is not dropped; it stabs against the cupboard door that's between Baroness Arely ab Lassider and Marisa. "Give him! Give him me!" [Baroness Arely ab Lassider ]

Ariel wordlessly lunges for Baroness Arely ab Lassider, aiming to grab her arm with his free hand and bodily throw her aside with all the brutal force he can muster.

Baroness Arely ab Lassider is pushed aside like so much limp laundry, knocked to the floor with a loud thud. The dagger slips in her grasp, inadvertently slicing at her dressing gown as she goes down.

Baroness Arely ab Lassider drops a medium iron knife, with an ivory hilt and aquamarine gems.

"He ees -dead-! And after he had the poor sense of taste to choose -you- I lost all taste for heem!" Marisa retorts harshly, dropping her hold on the door as Baroness Arely ab Lassider is knocked away from it, and she moves quickly over behind you. [Marisa ]

[Action: Baroness Arely ab Lassider is a pile on the floor.]

"You are mad," you states in a tight, low, cold voice, "and you are lucky you didn't hurt her, or I'd have taken your -head off-." He doesn't hesitate to drop down astride Baroness Arely ab Lassider, aiming to pin her to the floor with his weight. "Marisa, you -are- alright?" [you ]

"Amdair," gasps Baroness Arely ab Lassider, arms made useless by ari's efforts. "Amdair." Her eyes screw fiercely shut, squeezing out a pair of hot and sticky tears. She struggles, but it's a ridiculous attempt against the man's overpowering strength. [Baroness Arely ab Lassider ]

Marisa seems a bit rattled, nodding lightly back to you. "Yes. Yes, I'm fine... perhaps bruised eef anything-" She shoots an accusatory glance down to Baroness Arely ab Lassider.

"Your husband's dead and you're mad," you harshly informs Baroness Arely ab Lassider. "If I had any sense I'd slit your throat right now and be assured you won't trouble anyone ever again." He exhales once, sharply, replacing his dagger in its sheath. "Can you find me something to tie her up with, Marisa?" [you ]

You tuck your dagger in your belt.

"I've no weesh to stay here," Marisa tells you, stepping towards the door, clearly rattled. "Leave her. She ees a Baroness yet, eef she has forgotten eet." [Marisa ]

Baroness Arely ab Lassider sobs, a peaked cheek turning against the floor. Huge, swelling sobs that threaten to rend her lungs in two. "I will have him back again! I will have him back!"

"-Leave- her?" you stares up at Marisa, a muscle in his jaw working. "She's mad, Marisa. You don't know what she might try to do next against you. I doubt she's the capacity for any great plots, but it doesn't take much of a mind to hire a knife. Something has to be done about this..." [you ]

"He ees -dead-!" Marisa snaps to Baroness Arely ab Lassider, doing nothing to hold in her venom. "He ees past my grasp, or yours!" She shakes her head to you. "I've nothing. We weell see Hees Majesty- he weell send someone." [Marisa ]

Baroness Arely ab Lassider's struggles fade, probably due to exhaustion, but are taken up anew with the same fruitless twisting and squirming of arms and legs. "She LIES!"

Baroness Arely ab Lassider yells, "She lies to me! My own husband!"

[Action: Baroness Arely ab Lassider is pinned to the floor.]

"Or we can drag her out to court like thees, eef you prefer?" Marisa turns to look directly to you, slowly regaining her composure, if not any good will towards the woman. [Marisa ]

Baroness Arely ab Lassider's head thrashes itself from side to side, with sobs and cries as loud as her frail body can allow.

Marisa gets a medium iron knife, with an ivory hilt and aquamarine gems.

"..alright," you murmurs. He climbs to his feet, wary eyes focused unblinkingly on Baroness Arely ab Lassider. "Go out first, Marisa. I'll be along shortly." [you ]

Marisa begins to move north.
Marisa leaves north, hips swaying back and forth as she goes.

Baroness Arely ab Lassider curls herself into a limp ball, covering her head. The sound of her sobbing is stifled by her hands.

Ariel lingers in the doorway as Marisa leaves. He softly tells Baroness Arely ab Lassider, "Let me make one thing clear, if your mind retains any capacity to understand. You make a single move to hurt her and I will destroy you." He steps out of the room backwards, as if unwilling to turn his back on Baroness Arely ab Lassider.

There is no response made to that, only more quietly smothered sobs. [Baroness Arely ab Lassider ]

You begin to move north.

You leave north.
An Elegant Sitting Room
[Freezing]

[ Exits: north east south west ]
You have arrived.

You close the southern door.

You wedge a wooden practice dagger into the southern door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Court Malenta
[Cool]
The court here comes to a grand terminus at the throne itself, the
thick, plush crimson carpet ending at the feet of the dais upon which the
massive chair towers. Underfoot, the diamonds of salmon-shaded and
alabaster marble that comprise the floor of the court have been polished to
a high, reflective sheen, as have the spotless stone walls hung with richly
embroidered pennants. High overhead, the vaulted, coffered ceiling bears a
coat of royal blue paint, over which has been layered shining silver ink
and gold leaf to portray a fanciful night sky, waxing and waning moons
glittering down benignly. Standing watch over all this grandeur, a massive
statue of King Dav towers from behind the throne, easily three times the
height of a normal man. His blank eyes gaze over the crowds before the
throne with impartial, dignified regard.

(The guards ensuring this rooms security are armed with ceremonial steel plate armour, long capes flowing down, wide enough to be wrapped around the body in the cooler elements. Their weaponry ranges from flanged steel maces to long pikes, with a spare dagger at the hip for close quarters combat.)

[ Exits: -north- east south west ]
A black leather scabbard encrusted with the Hawk of Samael is hung neatly over the left arm of the gilded throne. (northern edge)
A massive gilded throne occupies the high dais, carved with the Royal Eagle. (northern edge)
A caramel skinned man with honey colored eyes is here. [App: 5]
Earl Marshall is here. [App: 3]
A tough-featured bodyguard is here.
A giant squat-faced mastiff with a rich apricot coat is here.
His Majesty Tobin ab Samael is resting on a massive, gilded throne. [App: 2]
You have arrived.

"The Baroness Seahome just tried to murder me een her apartments for -stealing her husband-," Marisa reports darkly, her tone sharp. [Marisa ]

Ariel enters the room at a steady pace, his expression remote but his eyes alight with poorly concealed anger. "I wedged the door shut from the outside; a poor cell, but I doubt she possesses the capacity to flee in the first place," he remarks, words short and sharp.

Earl Marshall blinks at Marisa and then says, "Arely ab Lassider?" She glances to you as he follows in Marisa's wake before she glances to His Majesty Tobin ab Samael. "Your Majesty's orders?" It involves a noble after all.

At Marisa's entry, His Majesty Tobin ab Samael rises to his feet, echoing Earl Marshall's surprise. Stepping down from the dais, he reaches out to take the proffered weapon, carefully. At Marisa's words, however, his expression grows dark. "That is.. Ill news," he says. His tone is grave. [His Majesty Tobin ab Samael ]

Marisa approaches His Majesty Tobin ab Samael, closing the distance.
Marisa is near.

Marisa gives a medium iron knife, with an ivory hilt and aquamarine gems to His Majesty Tobin ab Samael.

Marisa breathes in and out smoothly. "She tried to shut me een a wardrobe and stab me weeth that. Because I stole Amdair. Because she refuses to believe that he ees -dead-."

A caramel skinned man with honey colored eyes blinks. "Is she mad?" He asks, shaking his head with a frown.

His Majesty Tobin ab Samael raises a medium iron knife, with an ivory hilt and aquamarine gems to eye level, looking it over carefully before turning his gaze to Marisa once more. His eyes show a great deal more emotion than is usual - there is a heavy sadness there, as he nods. "She is," he answers A caramel skinned man with honey colored eyes, quietly.

Earl Marshall nods to Marisa, her expression growing a touch darker as she looks to His Majesty Tobin ab Samael. "Do you wish me to handle this or should I send for the Lord Justiciar?"

"And she is not going to release her mad grudge so long as she has life," you adds, lips tight and jaw tighter. [you ]

"Quite," Marisa agrees to A caramel skinned man with honey colored eyes, still focusing on her breathing, clearly a bit rattled. [Marisa ]

A caramel skinned man with honey colored eyes queries to Marisa, "Did you, fend her off in combat? You are that skilled Lady Chancellor?"

"I am not skeelled een combat," Marisa replies to A caramel skinned man with honey colored eyes with a shake of her head. "But she ees a shadow of a weesp and has no skeell herself.. and thankfully my men were on hand - even eef she had made a speceefeec attempt to keep them from me - her deleecates were out eendeed!" [Marisa ]

"I confess, I have not seen Arely in far too long," His Majesty Tobin ab Samael says. His voice is heavy. "I didn't realize that things had gone so far with her mind." He looks to Marisa, and says, "I am grateful that no one was hurt, Lady Chancellor; my affection for her husband can only carry things so far." He sighs, softly. "I cannot overlook this, of course." [His Majesty Tobin ab Samael ]

Nodding to A caramel skinned man with honey colored eyes, His Majesty Tobin ab Samael says, "Send for the Lord Justiciar. Tell him to come at once." [His Majesty Tobin ab Samael ]

"I -knew- I should have gone with you, whatever the bloody excuse," you remarks through gritted teeth. "I -knew- something was wrong. I switched our teacups while you were gone because I thought it was -poison-. Damn it." [you ]

A caramel skinned man with honey colored eyes offers a bow and turns to find a nearby messanger.

[Action: His Majesty Tobin ab Samael is standing at the foot of a massive, gilded throne, holding a medium iron knife, with an ivory hilt and aquamarine gems in his hands.]

Earl Marshall simply slips into a standing alert posture, waiting to be addressed as His Majesty Tobin ab Samael gave the order to A caramel skinned man with honey colored eyes. She looks to you and nods to him, "A chivalrous decision, Master op Orban." Aside from that, she remains quiet, remaining close to His Majesty Tobin ab Samael.

[Action: Earl Marshall is standing close to His Majesty Tobin ab Samael, her posture alert to those present.]

[Action: A caramel skinned man with honey colored eyes is stand near Marisa within the court.]

"You are okay, I hope," A caramel skinned man with honey colored eyes manages to ask of Marisa after sending a page out of the court. [A caramel skinned man with honey colored eyes ]

"The Lord of Springs has not been kind to her," His Majesty Tobin ab Samael says, sadly. "Losing her brother and her husband; it would seem that the Beauparlant line has seen much kinder days." He looks to Marisa. "I would like to send for the Cardinal, as well. Perhaps he may have some luck easing her soul." [His Majesty Tobin ab Samael ]

A caramel skinned man with honey colored eyes summons a messenger and supplies a message and coins. The messenger nods and leaves.

"A pointless decision thanks to an inadequate assessment of the situation," you mutters under his breath. He takes a step closer to Marisa, hand half-rising before it falls back to his side. [you ]

There's a faint scent of smoke wafting through the air.

Marisa gives a light incline of her head to His Majesty Tobin ab Samael, breathing still slowly with a slight tremor to it. She gives a light smile over to you, assuring him, "You were close enough. But I shouldn't have gone weeth her. I knew she always hated me. But whatever she says, I deed not steal her husband, even before he was dead." She pulls her attention back to His Majesty Tobin ab Samael, inclining her head once more, "That may be wise, Your Majesty." She givse a light smile and nod to A caramel skinned man with honey colored eyes as well. "Perhaps bruised only."

His Majesty Tobin ab Samael's nostrils flare slightly, and he looks around. "Do you - did you smell that?"

A caramel skinned man with honey colored eyes nods quickly. "I smelled it as well, Your Majesty."

Ariel sniffs the air, his brows lowering. "Smoke?" he wonders, then abruptly pales. "I - I shut her in-"

Marisa frowns, looking around in concern. "What.. I deedn't.. smoke?"

His Majesty Tobin ab Samael tucks a medium iron knife, with an ivory hilt and aquamarine gems in his belt, and his hand goes to a huge damascus broadsword with a wide hilt and side rings instead. "Perhaps it is nothing - but Caria, perhaps you should see that there is nothing amiss in the Lady's suites?"

A caramel skinned man with honey colored eyes widens his eyes. "No," he mutters. "Surely she is not -that- mad." He states, turning towards Marisa. "She is in your house?"

"Eef there's a fire, she likely started eet," Marisa notes with a concerned frown. She gives a shake of her head to A caramel skinned man with honey colored eyes. "Her suites here. Blackmoore." [Marisa ]

Earl Marshall blinks at the smoke and says, "I smelled it too." She looks around cautiously and then nods to His Majesty Tobin ab Samael. "Aye, your Majesty." She looks to you. "Take me where you shut her in at, Master op Orban."

His Majesty Tobin ab Samael nods to Earl Marshall, his expression concerned. He grabs another page, perhaps a bit roughly in his haste, and bids him out running with another message.

Earl Marshall begins to move east.
Earl Marshall leaves east.
You leave east.

The Barista Stairs
[Freezing]
Rolling over the stairs from the dais, golden plaques bearing the names
of past monarchs protect the stairs from damage as they climb up from the
court to the eastern edge of the hallway above. At the foot of the stairs,
a rib cage of delicate stone arches embraces the path to staircase
approaching a hallway of great, sprawling splendor - the residences of the
noble houses.

(A hint of smoke hangs in the air.)

[ Exits: west up ]
Takta is here. [App: 5]
You have arrived.

"Up the stairs - the smoke's stronger here," you observes, frowning. [you ]

Earl Marshall frowns as she draws her blade. "Damn -stupid- woman." She looks to you. "Blackmoore suites yes?"

Earl Marshall bares her sword.

You nod at Earl Marshall.

Earl Marshall begins to move up.

You wield a heavy double-edged steel dagger, one side deeply serrated.

Earl Marshall leaves up.

You leave up.
Barista Hall
[Freezing]

(Smoke is spilling into the hall from the apartment to the south.)

[ Exits: -north- east south west down ]
She has a shining longsword, intricate dawles etched into its blade drawn.
You have arrived.

Ariel nods at the southern door, wordlessly.

Earl Marshall looks into the smoke from the south apartment and looks back to you. "Go back to the King and warn him there's a fire here and to alarm the servants to bring water to put it out. I'll get the Baroness."

"Aye, my lady." Without hesitation, you turns to run. [you ]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Court Malenta
[Cool]
The court here comes to a grand terminus at the throne itself, the
thick, plush crimson carpet ending at the feet of the dais upon which the
massive chair towers. Underfoot, the diamonds of salmon-shaded and
alabaster marble that comprise the floor of the court have been polished to
a high, reflective sheen, as have the spotless stone walls hung with richly
embroidered pennants. High overhead, the vaulted, coffered ceiling bears a
coat of royal blue paint, over which has been layered shining silver ink
and gold leaf to portray a fanciful night sky, waxing and waning moons
glittering down benignly. Standing watch over all this grandeur, a massive
statue of King Dav towers from behind the throne, easily three times the
height of a normal man. His blank eyes gaze over the crowds before the
throne with impartial, dignified regard.

(The guards ensuring this rooms security are armed with ceremonial steel plate armour, long capes flowing down, wide enough to be wrapped around the body in the cooler elements. Their weaponry ranges from flanged steel maces to long pikes, with a spare dagger at the hip for close quarters combat.)

[ Exits: -north- east south west ]
A black leather scabbard encrusted with the Hawk of Samael is hung neatly over the left arm of the gilded throne. (northern edge)
A massive gilded throne occupies the high dais, carved with the Royal Eagle. (northern edge)
A caramel skinned man with honey colored eyes is stand near Marisa within the court. [App: 5]
A tough-featured bodyguard is here.
A giant squat-faced mastiff with a rich apricot coat is here.
His Majesty Tobin ab Samael is standing at the foot of a massive, gilded throne, holding a medium iron knife, with an ivory hilt and aquamarine gems in his hands. [App: 2]
You have arrived.

Gavin ab Harkness arrives from the south, his twice-wrapped woolen scarf trailing behind him.
Gavin ab Harkness slows to a halt.

Ariel comes running back in, warning sharply, "There's a fire in the Blackmoore Suites, summon servants with water. The Earl Marshall is fetching the Baroness!"

[Action: Marisa stands before the throne, looking uncharacteristically unsettled.]

A caramel skinned man with honey colored eyes widens his eyes. "Dear Lord," he breathes.

Cardinal Benedictus Piuso arrives from the south, his crimson robes gracefully flowing about him.
A tall knight with cropped blonde hair has arrived.
Cardinal Benedictus Piuso slows to a halt.

Marisa blinks over at you. "Oh my.. take Henry and Bernhold?" she offers.

Cardinal Benedictus Piuso bows deeply as he enters, "You summoned me, Majesty?" He asks, rising as a bell-shaped chasuble of crimson samite with golden lining flows about him, "No grave business, I hope."

Gavin ab Harkness approaches the throne and those gathered around it as he enters the palace proper; he executes a curt bow for expediency's sake, and then speaks directly to His Majesty Tobin ab Samael, "My counsel is to evacuate the suites and all surrounding areas. The palace has an evacuation plan-- probably dating back to the time of Dav himself to deal with fires."

"We'll go to the kitchens; there are always servants there, and more water than anywhere else," is your terse reply to Marisa, the man already setting off again at a long-legged run. [you ]

"By Dav," His Majesty Tobin ab Samael says in a growl. He turns to Gavin ab Harkness. "My page appears to have run past you, but send word to your Reeves. Fire detail, immediately," he says, his voice the quiet calm of a veteran. [His Majesty Tobin ab Samael ]

Gavin ab Harkness summons a messenger and supplies a message and coins. The messenger nods and leaves.

A noble page delivers a message to Gavin ab Harkness.

His Majesty Tobin ab Samael turns to Cardinal Benedictus Piuso, and says, "It is the Baroness of Seahome. She has gone quite mad - I had hoped that you could see to her soul. But she has set afire to her suites, in the meantime."

It is now Cardinal Benedictus Piuso is beginning to realize his prayers for 'no grave business' have gone unanswered, "A fire? Dav save us.. and it by the Baroness? I shall attend to her at once. Where is she?" [Cardinal Benedictus Piuso ]

"We haven't time to wait for the buckets and the militias to arrive on-scene," Gavin ab Harkness tells His Majesty Tobin ab Samael directly. "Your own safety is paramount, and you should retire to the inner chambers whilst this is resolved, your Majesty." Then, he scans eastward, having since dispatched a page to sound alarms-- Cardinal Benedictus Piuso's words, however, draw his eyes. "She can be brought to you, your Holiness, but you can't be permitted on-scene. It's quarantined." [Gavin ab Harkness ]

"The Earl Marshall ees trying to fetch her," Marisa tells Cardinal Benedictus Piuso, clearly shaken. "Weetheen the suites steell, we assume... she was blockaded een after trying to murder me." [Marisa ]

"Of course, of course." Cardinal Benedictus Piuso responds, briefly tracing a Chalice over himself, "What exactly happened?" [Cardinal Benedictus Piuso ]

His Majesty Tobin ab Samael nods, his expression grave. He turns to Marisa. "Lady Chancellor. Perhaps now would be a good time for me to escort you back to your estate - far outside the reach of any possible blaze?"

Gavin ab Harkness, during the majority of this time, looks eastward and appears increasingly agitated, perhaps even antsy: his grey eyes flicker to Marisa, and he suggests, "Marisa, I agree with his Majesty, and take his Holiness with you. We can't risk the fire spreading; it's a natural beast and unpredictable."

Ariel runs back in in passing, lugging along a washbasin from which water sloshes - without comment or acknowledgment to anyone, he continues through to the east. Various servants follow with impromptu cauldrons, buckets, bowls, and in one memorable case a barrel of water.

Marisa gives an incline of her head to His Majesty Tobin ab Samael. "I would be able to receive you all there eef that would be een more safety, yes, of course," she agrees, gesturing southerly. "At once, yes?"

You begin to move east.
You leave east.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You leave south.
An Elegant Sitting Room
[Frigid]

(Heavy smoke permeates the air, coming from beneath the southern door.)

[ Exits: north east south west ]
You have arrived.

Earl Marshall arrives from the south is carrying Arely in her arms like a rag doll..
Earl Marshall slows to a halt.

Baroness Arely ab Lassider arrives from the south, carried by Caria..
Baroness Arely ab Lassider slows to a halt.

Ariel has just run in with a washbasin full of water, sloshing everywhere. "Time to go or can it be contained?" he simply shouts.

Earl Marshall has Baroness Arely ab Lassider in her arms and she snaps at you. "Out of here, now!" She coughs rather loudly, the smoke having had time to get at her.

Baroness Arely ab Lassider's arms hang like wet noodles; she appears to be out cold.

Ariel throws the waterbasin into the room to the south, then grabs the door and slams it shut, perhaps as some largely ineffectual way to slow the fire. He then turns to flee without question.

You begin to move north.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Barista Hall
[Frigid]

(Smoke is spilling into the hall from the apartment to the south.)

[ Exits: -north- east south west down ]
You have arrived.

Baroness Arely ab Lassider arrives from the south, carried by Caria.
Baroness Arely ab Lassider slows to a halt.

You close the southern door.

Gavin ab Harkness arrives from below, his twice-wrapped woolen scarf trailing behind him.
Gavin ab Harkness slows to a halt.

[Action: Baroness Arely ab Lassider hangs in Earl Marshall's arms like a wet noodle, out cold.]

Earl Marshall emerges from the smoked up apartment, Baroness Arely ab Lassider in her arms with you ahead of her, the old woman coughing from the smoke as she looks back to the apartment. "We can save the palace, but I think those rooms are a loss." More coughs follow from her.

Ariel slams the next door as well as he scurries out with Caria and Baroness Arely ab Lassider. "Servants are coming with more water," he states tersely.

Gavin ab Harkness clambers up the stairs, hand gripping the railing as he reaches the upper floor of the Barista Hall. Due to the lingering smoke, heavy and debilitating, he coughs as he nears the crowd. "We have evacuated the lower level, and the Reeves have arrived to replace the kitchen staff in bringing water," he tells you. Then, to Earl Marshall, "How much will be lost, and what needs to be moved?"

All the jostling about has little to no effect on Baroness Arely ab Lassider's apparent state of consciousness. Her head slumps another direction, loose hair hanging over her face. [Baroness Arely ab Lassider ]

"Replace - they'd better work alongside. Every hand that can," you disagrees with Gavin ab Harkness, tensely. Some of the aforementioned kitchen servants, a motley lot, are coming up the stairs now on their first run. Others seem to have disappeared, perhaps plenty happy to let the Reeves do the dangerous work. [you ]

Earl Marshall looks back into the apartments and says, "If you can keep the fire from spreading out here, only those aparments and what is directly below them will be affected. But watch the smoke... it's thick as tar in there." She coughs again, moving with Baroness Arely ab Lassider towards the staircase to head down and away from the inferno.

Gavin ab Harkness stops using a thick wool scarf that winds several times around the neck.

Baroness Arely ab Lassider is moved; her slumping limbs offer Earl Marshall no resistance.

Gavin ab Harkness, when he replaces the scarf, ties it around his face in order to block excess smoke: it's a mild panacea and no real cure. "... we'll send them up, but I want all civilians out of here," he states simply, shooing the servants that mean well as they carry buckets of water up the stairs. "Wrap that around your face, Ari," he tells you.

Earl Marshall heads on down, leaving Gavin ab Harkness and you to do the work of stopping the blaze. Baroness Arely ab Lassider is carried with her.

Earl Marshall begins to descend.
Earl Marshall leaves down is carrying Baroness Arely ab Lassider in her arms like a rag doll..
Baroness Arely ab Lassider leaves down, carried by Caria.

Ariel shakes his head slightly to Gavin ab Harkness, instead whipping off the scarf around his waist and using that. "Good thinking - this'll do the same job better," he notes, voice muffled. "You aren't going to have enough Reeves. It's already hell in there."

You stop using a fringed sash of white samite side-knotted in Tubori style.

You wear a fringed sash of white samite side-knotted in Tubori style over your face.

"frak," Gavin ab Harkness states simply, although by now an array of Reeves tramples up the stairs with buckets of water: they, opting for a 'work smarter, not harder' solution, have created the equivalent of a Ford-like assembly line. Buckets are handed from man to man up the stairs as each officer stands in place-- this allows the point men near the suites to consistently throw water upon the fire, as water's continuously sent up the line to them. [Gavin ab Harkness ]

Ariel only stands by and watches the blaze for a moment; he then takes up a place in the line, heedless of strange glances and confused mutters at the crazy civilian in velvet who seems to have decided to help out.

Gavin ab Harkness, conversely, ceases bellowing; he instead steps in line, allowing the uniformed men involved to carry out their assigned mission; and he helps, when able, handing heavy buckets of splashing water to the next Reeve up, or down. "We've got this," he eventually tells you.

[Action: Gavin ab Harkness stands in the middle part of a Reeve assembly line of buckets, attempting to douse the fire in Blackmoor Suites.]

Ariel pauses when he's told that, glancing around; he eyes the apartments, nodding slowly. "...Yeah," he allows. "I'll go let them know. Fire will be contained here?"

Gavin ab Harkness claims to you, "Lord willing, but, I think so."
Old As Dirt

Empheba

Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:38 am

What excellent roleplay from all involved! I much enjoyed Ari's freaked out thoughts at the akward situation, and how everyone interacted when the smell of smoke came about. Kudos to the Baroness for creating a most memorable situation!
Griatch

Dice

Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:12 pm

Oh dear, I didn't realize you were going to post the WHOLE thing! *ahem*

Well, I trust anyone not to use any OOC info out of this one. It was a fantastic scene, and I think Arely deserves all the praise in the world for so convincingly yet subtly conveying madness and danger in the opening scene.

It was one of my favorite nights of RP on TI yet. :)

• Information