Arely ab Bretagne -- The Mad Baroness of Seahome

Post logs, pictures, poetry and more. (Please request the permission of others before posting logs about their characters. Thank you!)

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Lei
Discord Handle: Lei#3876

Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:26 am

Nicki ab Lassider looks up with a start at the sound of the door closing, then smiles sheepishly at you. "Oh, how did the interview go, Arely?"

"I'm very sorry. I -did- think that would be quite over before you arrived." you swallows back some tea, then sets the cup down to lounge down into her seat. "Oh, I think he'll do." [Player]

"Do you know I have the manor all to myself now?" Sparking a neat smile of satisfaction, you rolls an eye up to survey the high ceiling. [Player]

Nicki ab Lassider giggles softly behind a hand, taking another sip of tea as the poodle jumps down from her lap, wandering over to sniff at your shoes. "Oh, I heard! Kaemgen and the Princess are on their honeymoon, aren't they? So very romantic!" she gushes.

Arely droops an eye to the sniffling at her feet, and falls an arm to scratch her fingers over the little animal's ears. "Mm. But they have a suite at the palace now. This is -all- mine. Forever." She blinks, then spears an eye to Nicki ab Lassider. "Had you heard about Prince Vaedrian?"

The poodle's wagging tail accelerates as it licks your fingers happily. "Prince Vaedrian? No, I have not even had a chance to meet the man, unfortunately," Nicki ab Lassider answers, her fair nose wrinkling slightly. [Player]

"Oh. Well. Do count yourself among the lucky ones." you slouches even further in the couch, propping her dainty boots up on the coffee table. "He's rather horrible." Distaste twitches her face. [Player]

Nicki ab Lassider glances around surreptitiously, giggling behind a hand. "Oh, really? Do tell!" she entreats you, eyes twinkling.

"Though, not quite enough to warrant rejoicing over his troubles," adds before Nicki ab Lassider's question registers, and you shows the southern door an oddly plaintive look. "Mm? Oh. He wanted to marry me." [Player]

Nicki ab Lassider blinks a few times. "Marry you?? Troubles???" Nicki ab Lassider repeats after you, her teacup resting forgotten on the table as she leans forward to better partake in the juicy gossip.

Arely drags a hand through her bangs, wincing as the other one still scratches away at the poodle's silky ears. "He wasn't at all polite about it, Nicki. Harassed me unceasingly for DAYS." Her features flag a bit, looking undecided. "But he's been spirited away now, by that awful woman who killed Cardinal Blackwell."

Nicki ab Lassider shakes her head slowly, her mouth falling open at all the news. "Oh, that's -horrible-! Both of that," she amends, wrinkling her nose.

"So." A sigh drops your chest. "That leaves me with Mister Rochester, I suppose, unless someone else waltzes into the picture." [Player]

The poodle jumps back into Nicki ab Lassider's lap, as she gazes at you sympathetically. "But.. why do you have to get married so fast, Arely?" [Player]

"Duty, Nicki. Duty to my lands." you narrows a ponderous gaze onto the toes of her boots. [Player]

Nicki ab Lassider glances around, then inches surreptitiously closer to you. "Can I tell you a secret, Arely?" she asks, a mischievous grin tugging at her lips.

Arely darts Nicki ab Lassider an eye. "What?" She's curious, it appears.

Nicki ab Lassider whispers behind her hand, "Amdair was thinking about courting you. He told me himself, some time ago."

A quick flash of something brightens your eyes, but it withers away into nothing as if on command. "Oh," drearily emits with a turn of her head. "...Amdair has his own lands to rule." [Player]

Nicki ab Lassider tilts her head in curiousity, asking, "Didn't Kaemgen and the Princess both have their own lands, too?"

Arely shakes her head against the sofa's upholstery. "Aureliane didn't." A few fingers move to pinch the bridge of her nose, eyes closing. "Have you -met- Rochester?"

Nicki ab Lassider nods sympathetically. "Oh, I have, yes..." she murmurs, shaking her head. "So... you can't wed Amdair." Big blue eyes look up to catch your gaze.

"No." you answers plainly, starting to sit up. "I can't marry Amdair." The conversation seems to have led her down the path to a generally glum mood, and she stands, stepping over the poodle to blow out the lamp on the side table. "I should retire. If you'd like to stay over, I do have a spare room." [Player]

Nicki ab Lassider smiles brightly at you as she stands. "Oh, perhaps another day? I did promise Amdair I would have dinner with him soon," she offers genially, stooping to pick the poodle up.

Arely slips an arm around Nicki ab Lassider's shoulder, squeezing a brief embrace. "Watch the bridge--" she warns, pulling back after. "There are unsavory sorts loitering about after dark."
(picture credit goes to PeGGO at Deviantart: http://peggo.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d11pf2g)
Old As Dirt

Lei

Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:31 am

Amdair ab Lassider is just heading through the palace, himself, though pauses upon sighting you up ahead. "Baroness.." he greets fondly, dropping into a polite bow. "Always a pleasure to see you."

Her head is bent slightly forward as she walks, and you seems to be chewing her lower lip into submission before Amdair ab Lassider's word lifts her ear and turns her face toward him. "Baron," turns her expression suddenly genteel. "...Or ought I greet you as Admiral?" [Player]

You begin to approach Amdair ab Lassider.
You are near Amdair ab Lassider, now.

"A wonderful question, to be honest." Amdair ab Lassider muses, smile gracing him the moment you speaks. "I suppose it is all the same, until we actually move out." he decides. "Though I don't think I'd mind either way, truly... Is everything quite alright, m'lady?" [Player]

Arely's shoulders sink a bit, an honestly despondent look laying claim to her features once more. "I'll confess you've caught me at self-absorbed moment; I'm counting my woes, and it's rather a sorry thing." She blinks a time or two, trying to freshen a smile. "But. There are others, with worse."

Amdair ab Lassider's mood shifts downward to match your look. "We've all our moments of despair, Baroness." he reminds. "I seem to recall you in my office, listening to my own." A sympathetic look strikes him. "Do you want to talk about it..?"

Arely strikes her eyes toward his. Their stay is short, and she pulls them away to lift a composing breath. "Another time, yes." A murmured mention of business in the city follows, her hands meeting at the front of her skirts. She glances to the court she's recently departed from, and wonders, "Meeting with Her Majesty, again?"

"Not at all." Amdair ab Lassider replies quietly, his own gaze lingering upon you even after she looks away, though only by a second or two. "I've a few meetings to see to, eventually, but nothing pressing." he tells her even as he assumes the straight-backed posture one might expect of a guard officer. "I just thought I'd drop by and talk to.. people." [Player]

"When," inquires you, "will the fleet take leave of our shores?" Her jaw moves, setting as she appoints her gaze back to Amdair ab Lassider. [Player]

Amdair ab Lassider makes the return of his cerulean eyes to you seem like the most natural thing in the world- simply looking to whom he speaks. "That," he tells her with a small measure of amusement, "is one of the things I need to find out. The Earl Marshall is in charge of final decisions, after all, and it is she I must speak with."

"My assurances of Seahome's resources must also be delivered," you mildly remarks, gloved fingers splaying away from the the silken layers flowing at her waist. She touches her tongue to her teeth, eyes roaming. When she looks back to Amdair ab Lassider, she's carefully moistening her lips. "I hope to see you before you go, then. Though I can't imagine you will have much time at your disposal before departing." [Player]

"Perhaps longer than we expect." Amdair ab Lassider says in a quiet murmur, speech noticeably slower until he finds a reason to glance down at his cloak and adjust it in some minute fashion. His words pick up as his gaze departs, and he uses that momentum to continue less awkwardly. "I hope to see you at least a few more times before we set sail, myself- men must be gathered, ships must be supplied... A port must be chosen." [Player]

Arely's mouth thrusts a corner into her cheek, a stronger, straighter look passing over Amdair ab Lassider's face. "I'll coerce you into giving me those battle lessons." There's real warmth in that smile, but it fades abruptly away into somberness, her next words chosen from the same note. "Excuse me, if you will."

Amdair ab Lassider dips his head in a muted nod. "Certainly, Are- Baroness." he says, chain mail rattling softly as he dips into a light bow. "I look forward to it!" he assures you.

Arely moves wordlessly off, dipping a quick look back Amdair ab Lassider's way before disappearing into the gallery.
Old As Dirt

Lei

Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:37 am

The Chapel Arbora
[Pleasant]
This small but richly adorned chamber hosts lavish furnishings from a
handful of velvet-cushioned pews to lush crimson carpeting that softens
footsteps and muffles any present sounds. Tapestries depicting the holy
quest of King Dav drape the roughly textured stone walls, each worked in
rich and vibrant colors. At the front of the room, a prie-dieu sits
indented from the central altar, which is itself an affair of roughly hewn
stone with a multitude of wax prayer candles set on its table, casting
flickering shadows across the vaulted ceiling when lit. The room exits
through a wide archway to the east.

[ Exits: -east- ]
Amdair ab Lassider is here. [App: 3]

Amdair ab Lassider glances back behind he and you, as they enter the Arbora. Here he slows, turning his head to look towards her. "I apologize, I -do- get caught up in all these preparations.. I might've gone on for hours, if you'd let me." he muses.

"Precisely my fear," you responds, making a wry look. She evicts herself from the man’s arm long enough to see the door closed at their back, and then skips a rounded eye over the small chamber before slipping into one of the velvet-cushioned pews. A tacit invitation for Amdair ab Lassider to do the same lifts her eyes once she's settled in.

Amdair ab Lassider hardly needs more than the subtlest of suggestions, following you as if drawn along by string. He moves with a bit more grace, now, freed from the trapping of appearances before other guards. "Quite out of the way, really, isn't it?" he remarks thoughtfully about the room, a glance around stolen as he joins you in the cushioned pews.

"I've found the solitude welcoming on more than a few occasions," admits back to Amdair ab Lassider. Sitting adjacent to his person, Arely holds her shoulders level and keeps her hands in a small pile atop the closed front of a sky blue and emerald silken cloak with the Bretagne sigil. Her eyes take the opportunity to make the rounds over his face, stirring with a straightforward happiness that lessens the shadows of wear clinging to their edges. "We can at least speak, here," she quietly adds. [Player]

Amdair ab Lassider angles himself so as to face you, similarly. His face takes on a very slight blush, beneath her gaze, though he, too, suffers stirrings of the heart. "We can- and there's so many things I want to say!" he tells her. His cerulean eyes slip downward from her eyes, just barely, taking account of the smile upon her lips before returning upwards. "I had no idea you felt so similarly, until the other night at your brother's suite, Arely! At least, not beyond a hunch."

"Feelings mean very little for our breed," issues a frank, but softened reply. "I am astounded--" your wide eyes bear witness to the statement, "that the Queen has given us her blessing." She flushes her lids downward, scooping up Amdair ab Lassider's hand. "It was my aim, of course, to -not- want what I could not have." [Player]

Amdair ab Lassider's eyes shine with an unspoken agreement, fingers curling around your hand as she scoops it up for her own. "Feelings mean little, but isn't it nice when one can justify the end result they want?" he asks her happily. "I did not make up those economic benefits I mentioned to Her Majesty, and I know she saw through my reasoning."

Arely presses a humbled kiss to Amdair ab Lassider's knuckles, a corner of her mouth lifting through her cheek when her face rises. "She keeps a warm place in her heart for her Admiral, I do think," remarks. "The favor isn't spent toward me, I know; we haven't passed more than ten words, ever. ...Are the banns posted?"

"I've not left the palace to check, though His Holiness -did- say he'd passed the matter on to Sister Miller.." Amdair ab Lassider replies to you absently, distracted by even that single kiss, such as it is. He reaches out with the hand yet unclaimed to brush a gentle touch against her cheek. "She does seem rather fond of me.. I half-feared she might decline 'us' and try to marry off a daughter, in fact." he mentions to the woman next to him. "A smart move, perhaps, but it would not quite have the same high spirits you lend me, love." [Player]

Arely sinks her other cheek into the plush velvet of the pew back, indulging in the tranquility of Amdair ab Lassider's proximity. "Yes. Sister Miller. ...She is the one who wrote me." Those words are unhurried, and posed with consideration of the moment's placid mood. A lower, "We will wed before you leave, won't we?" after, strikes her expression with unease.

Amdair ab Lassider's eyelids drop a touch, cerulean eyes themselves dropping down to his and your joined hands. "I'd like to." he answers simply. "I could do without something as fancy as your brother's wedding.. Though I believe Her Majesty subtly indicated she expected -some- sort of celebration." he tells her. "There's also the matter of that daisy chain, thinking about it."

"Aah... then something will have to be contrived." The soft kidskin of your gloves reasserts the presence of her hand in his, a slim smile brushing under her nose. "Kaemgen would be pleased if his cousin could preside over the ceremony," she notes. "Would that suit you?" [Player]

"His cousin?" Amdair ab Lassider asks, searching for a name internally. He draws a blank. "I'm... honestly not sure who that is, though I may just be forgetting something." he admits to you, though his uncertainty is easily bested by his agreeable mood. "That said.. The ceremony is just that. It happens once and then is over." [Player]
"Oh," blinks you. "I'm sorry; I did think you knew. The Archbishop who presided over Kaemgen's wedding. He may not have shipped out again yet, though really, I don't know." She slips the corners of her mouth up. "I know my brother well. He would appreciate the gesture." A ponderous look crosses her face, and she continues in the same vein of thought, exploring the other options. "Montaigne will be gone with the Duke, then. Though if we wanted a private ceremony -- with the larger reception after, of course, we might engage Sister Miller?" [Player]

Amdair ab Lassider looks a little relieved when you suggests it, in truth. "I'd not be at all adverse to that, I admit." he tells her truthfully. "Though I don't want to upset anyone who expects... well, you know. Spectacle."

"I don't want spectacle!" sighs from you. "I am -not- my brother." She squints an inquiring eye to clarify, "The private vows?" [Player]

"Nor I- private vows it is." Amdair ab Lassider agrees with a thoroughly impressed look; even a bit of excitement is mixed in there, as you and he agree on that so easily. "For the reception, though, we will -have- to invite people. Her Majesty wants to make sure we're happy, and such, at the least." he muses. [Player]

Arely has been keeping a firm hold on Amdair ab Lassider's hand through that discussion of particulars, and slants her eyes down to it, there. A hesitating word loiters at the tip of her tongue, slowing the conversation to a pause. She does break it, floating two pools of blue back to meet with the Admiral’s. "You haven't kissed me yet, Amdair. ...I won't consider any of this finalized until you do."

Amdair ab Lassider's hand squeezes gently, as she voices her ultimatum, and attempts to tug her forward a small measure. "Is that so?" he wonders, eyes alighting with an obvious desire not to keep you waiting. He leans forward, too, voice dropping to a near whisper "You drive a hard bargain, Arely. At any moment, your brother could walk in and find us..."

"Not so very hard, I do dare suggest," slips back. With a tender touch you glides a dusting of fingers along Amdair ab Lassider's jaw, giving her lips over. [Player]

Global>The air cools noticably around you.

Amdair ab Lassider accepts that invitation readily, the hand not joined with yours finding its way to her side as that distance is closed, those lips locked gently. Though the air grows colder, he barely seems to notice- in fact, it seems to only drive him closer to the woman and her demand.

Arely kisses Amdair ab Lassider gently; sweetly, before drawing back, her hand cupping the angle of his jaw. "There. Sealed, aye? And a month's penance due, no doubt." The hand is drawn away, quivering as it relocates her forgotten purse and she laments with a slight exhalation: "...I should go; I have many pressing duties."

Amdair ab Lassider lets his hand fall away, reluctantly, when you suggests departing. "A month's penance I'd gladly pay over and over again." he remarks lovingly. "If you must go, you must- it is the nature of us, and I'll never begrudge you that." A sweet smile returns to his face, though, even as he straightens enough to let you have her leave. "But hopefully we can find a quiet spot again soon- I have sweet nothings to whisper into your ear, after all."

A glint of silver coloring catches in the subdued lighting, taken from your bag and handed to Amdair ab Lassider. "You may have this," she pairs with the offering. "It will open my manor off the estate road." Her head swings a little to the side, eyes staying with Amdair ab Lassider. "Another quiet spot." The key is pressed into Amdair ab Lassider's hand as she rises out of the pew. [Player]

You get an ornate key engraved with the crest of the House Bretagne from a sleek ladies hand purse frilled with verdant watered silk.

You give an ornate key engraved with the crest of the House Bretagne to Amdair ab Lassider.

Amdair ab Lassider's palm closes around the key after you begins to return to her feet. "The gift of quiet repose." he comments with a secret smile. "My heart goes with you, Arely- be safe!" An afterthought strikes him, and a humor edges into his tone. "I'll wait a short while before leaving."

"Don't forget," reminds with a carefully fluttering smile, your cloak shaken out to rid the wrinkles accumulated by her relaxation, "Should we be parted long, ...I'm never further away than that last letter's journey." Her fingers touch her lips in a deft kiss; it's blown to her lover with the turn of slippers toward the chapel door. [Player]

(picture credit goes to Orpheelin at Deviantart: http://orpheelin.deviantart.com/gallery ... 4#/d2dpb1m)
Old As Dirt

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:30 pm

This post was too awesome, Arely. Thank you for the glimpse into your character!

• Information