The Death of a Princess

Post logs, pictures, poetry and more. (Please request the permission of others before posting logs about their characters. Thank you!)

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Temi

Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:27 pm

We kept this scene private at the time, but we wanted to let you all in on Llewella's death.

-------------------------------------------------------

The bolt in the southern door slides open.

The southern door is opened from the other side.
A tall, dark-haired man of pale complexion arrives from the south.
A tall, dark-haired man of pale complexion slows to a halt.

Nursemaid Sariah arrives from the south.
Nursemaid Sariah slows to a halt.

Nursemaid Sariah closes the southern door.
Nursemaid Sariah locks the southern door.

Nursemaid Sariah bustles in with a tall, dark-haired man of pale complexion, her eyes bloodshot and her smile weak and watery. "My poppet, darling," she calls softly to you as she hastens to your bedside. "I'm back now..."

Llewella coughs weakly in her bed, specks of blood marring her lips. She doesn't seem to notice the arrival yet.

A tall, dark-haired man of pale complexion kneels by you for a moment, "Your Highness." he says softly, "I am Father Benedictus Piuso, of the Holy Order." He pauses, "I am here to commit you to the Lord."

Nursemaid Sariah pulls up what looks to be a familiar chair by the bed, anxiously leaning over you. "Come on, poppet," she coaxes softly. Out comes a handkerchief, wiping away all the blood. "You've got to listen to good Father Piuso here, mmm?"

Llewella's eyes start to focus on a tall, dark-haired man of pale complexion, glassy. She starts to speak, but instead finds herself in an immense round of violent cough, blood trickling from the side of her mouth.

A tall, dark-haired man of pale complexion frowns, a little sadness betraying itself. "A candle." he says to Nursemaid Sariah, "Quickly. And unlit."

"Don't try to speak, darling, unless you must," Nursemaid Sariah pleads, tears rising in her eyes all over again. A little more helpless daubing at your lips and then she rises, hastening over to a drawer to withdraw a white wax candle and carry it to Benedictus. "Here, Father, here..." [Nursemaid Sariah ]

A tall, dark-haired man of pale complexion takes the candle and sets it on the bedside. Rising, he begins. "May the Peace of the Lord of the Springs be with you all." A pause, and then, "Let us pray now for our sister, now caught in the throes of death."

A tall, dark-haired man of pale complexion kneels at this, praying briefly.

Llewella gives a weak nod, finally getting the coughing under control, and tears start to roll down her cheeks as well, blood mixed in them, and though she tries to lift a hand towards them, she doesn't seem to be able to muster the energy, the arm falling weakly back down to the bed.

Nursemaid Sariah resumes her seat. Though she bows her head in prayer, her eyes stay open as she dedicates herself to meticulously cleaning your face. The handkerchief is repeatedly dipped into a bowl of water on the nightstand, which is swiftly becoming clouded pink.

A tall, dark-haired man of pale complexion stands now and turns to the candle. Kindling a flame from a flint he retrieves, he lights it. "May this candle, lit by the love and devotion of this woman's family, stand solemn vigil with us and for us at the foot of this bed." He make the Sign of the Chalice of you and intones, "Remember the Holy Chalice, O child, by which the gifts of the Lord were poured out upon thee."

"I'm here for your family, poppet," Nursemaid Sariah whispers, rising to dump out the bowl of water and replace it with fresher liquid from a nearby bucket. Several sit empty around the bed, suggesting this is far from the first time, and others sit clotted with filthy, bloody water. [Nursemaid Sariah ]

A tall, dark-haired man of pale complexion turns to Nursemaid Sariah. "Please leave." he says solemnly. "It is time for her confession... I shall call you to return when we are finished."

"Father... will you call me back if... if anything should happen?" Nursemaid Sariah asks of a tall, dark-haired man of pale complexion, with a fearful glance down at your wasted frame. [Nursemaid Sariah ]

Llewella leans forward in a violent wracking cough, leaving unsettling amounts of blood on the sheets before her. As she gets it under control, she barely whimpers, "I.. don't.. I don't want to die." She sinks backwards again heavily.

"The Lord call us all away in our own time, Your Highness." a tall, dark-haired man of pale complexion says, "What is important now is that you leave with a clean heart." He turns and nods to Nursemaid Sariah, "I shall." He responds. [a tall, dark-haired man of pale complexion ]

Nursemaid Sariah nods wordlessly, opening the door and hastening out with a hand pressed over her eyes.

Nursemaid Sariah unlocks the southern door.

Nursemaid Sariah begins to move south.

Nursemaid Sariah opens the southern door.
Nursemaid Sariah leaves south.

The southern door closes from the other side.

Llewella cries more bloody tears, holding up a hand after her nurse pleadingly, though it hangs weakly.

A tall, dark-haired man of pale complexion takes a cloth and whipes away the blood. "Shh.." he consoles, "Confess, your Highness. You must prepare for that which comes." He smiles sadly, "It will be OK."

Llewella's arm falls back as another round of bloody coughs takes her, wracking her whole body to the point she can barely breath, occasionally managing to gasp a breath through bloody burbling.

"Shh.." a tall, dark-haired man of pale complexion says, "Take your time, Highness. Do not rush we needs not rushing." [a tall, dark-haired man of pale complexion ]

Llewella's eyes are glossy as she looks up to a tall, dark-haired man of pale complexion, limply falling back, expression growing more distant.

A tall, dark-haired man of pale complexion takes a cloth and soaks it, placing it on the your brow, he looks into the princess's face sadly, "Is there anything you wish to confess, Highness? Or do you live with a lean conscience? This is of great importance... try to think."

Llewella barely shakes her head, unable to hold it up from her pillow, coughing weakly with more specks of blood.

A tall, dark-haired man of pale complexion nods, "Very well." he says, turning to the door, "Then I shall call the lady back in."

A tall, dark-haired man of pale complexion opens the southern door.

A tall, dark-haired man of pale complexion begins to move south.

A tall, dark-haired man of pale complexion leaves south.

A tall, dark-haired man of pale complexion arrives from the south.
A tall, dark-haired man of pale complexion slows to a halt.

Nursemaid Sariah arrives from the south.
Nursemaid Sariah slows to a halt.

Nursemaid Sariah closes the southern door.

Llewella lies very weakly back on the bed, barely breathing at this point. Her eyes are rimmed with bloody tears.

A tall, dark-haired man of pale complexion states, "Friends, our sister has been reconciled forever with the Lord on this last leg of the journey of life. Let this be a moment to remember our own lives and their fragility and brief nature. For this is the end of all people, no matter their power, wealth, or greatness, death comes to all. Let us not be caught unaware."

"Oh, darling..." Nursemaid Sariah stands in the doorway, just looking at you for a long moment. Quiet tears spill over onto her cheeks as she rushes back to your side, immediately dabbing at the bloodier tears on your face. [Nursemaid Sariah ]

A tall, dark-haired man of pale complexion removes a crystal vial with a gold stopper from within his robes. Turning to you, he kneels, removes the stopper and pours several drops of the water into her mouth. He says a prayer, "May this final communion strengthen your soul and be a pouring of every grace needed at this final hour. In its washing power, may you pass from the world in peace."

Llewella continues to barely shallowly breathe, a bit of blood burbling from her lips. Her mouth closes a little bit, weakly, at the water drops, but opens slightly again soon after.

"That's it, drink it and be cleansed, my lovely girl," Nursemaid Sariah encourages you, reaching to take one of your hands in hers. Her fingers are visibly shaking. "You're doing so well..." [Nursemaid Sariah ]

A tall, dark-haired man of pale complexion places the vial back into his robes and then says a blessing, "As we wait in vigil, may our labor and penance pass to our sister, that all her sin may be removed and her passing eased. Let our watch bless this woman on her last journey." He makes the Sign of the Chalice over you.

Llewella lets out another hoarse cough before she falls back, lying still, with a trickle of blood running down from the corner of her mouth.

• Information