Chavara's Final Moments

Post logs, pictures, poetry and more. (Please request the permission of others before posting logs about their characters. Thank you!)

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Sephone

Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:56 pm

Chavara stands up when Marsilio Ficino walks in, dipping in a curtsey to him with shaking legs. Her expression is rather vacant, her eyes dull and her skin sallow. For now, she remains silent.

Marsilio Ficino muses, "Have you heard any news from the Cardinal?"

Chavara shakes her head at Marsilio Ficino's words as she leans back against the wall to steady herself, "No, Ah 'ave not."

Marsilio Ficino queries, "Ah, well... Your time here is growing very short. Shall we have your final sacrament?"

Chavara's eyes fill with tears as she looks at Marsilio Ficino, the lids slowly closing as she takes a deep breath and nods her head.

Marsilio Ficino nods once and rummages in his satchel for a few items. He produces a small crystal flask, a tiny shotglass sized golden chalice and a small piece of bread stamped with a chalice. Carefully, he portions out some crystal clear spring water into the tiny golden chalice and hands it to you with the bread. "Take these, the sacraments of our faith prayerfully. Say a prayer either in your mind or aloud. Thank the Lord of the Springs for your blessings and thank him for the trials. Ask sincere forgiveness for your sins and bid him welcome you with open arms."

Chavara reaches with her bound hands to take the goblet and the bread, the task made all the more difficult with the binding. She carefully drops to her knees, looks up to the ceiling and quietly recites, "T'ank you, Lord of t'e Springs for your blessings and t'ank you for the treeals. Ah ask for your forgeeveness for my seens and bid you welcome me with open arms."

A loud knock sounds from the southern door.

Marsilio Ficino unlocks the southern door.

Marsilio Ficino says, "Sorry, Miss de Laerne. Keep praying. I will be right back."

Marsilio Ficino arrives from the south.

Caria ab Trenica arrives from the south.

Marsilio Ficino closes the southern door.

Chavara murmurs a few quiet words as she keeps her eyes closed, her hands clasping tightly around the goblet. After a moment she looks up, a little smile touching her lips when she sees Caria ab Trenica with Marsilio Ficino.

Caria ab Trenica looks to you and returns her smile only with a sad one of her own. "Chavara."

Marsilio Ficino questions, "Have you taken the spring water, miss?"

Chavara keeps her eyes on Caria ab Trenica for a moment, her own sadness lingering across her features as she quietly comments to her, "Ah am sorry to 'ave failed you, Dame." She lifts the cup to her lips, drinking the water within, silent tears sliding over her pale cheeks.

Caria ab Trenica nods to you. "As am I, Chavara." She looks to Marsilio Ficino and says, "Have the coals been prepared yet?"

Marsilio Ficino questions, "Coals, Lady Earl Marshall?"

Chavara remains silent as she sets the goblet down in front of her, placing the piece of bread in her mouth.

Caria ab Trenica sighs and looks to Marsilio Ficino. "This is your first time cleansing a member of the Knights Lithmorran? When a member of the Knights confesses willingly to magic use, they are made to swallow hot coals until dead as part of their cleansing. The body is later burned once their soul has passed on."

Chavara's slender body begins to tremble at the thought of what is about to come, her eyes fixed in vacant start towards the stone floor.

Marsilio Ficino nods once and moves towards the door. He flags down a knight who quickly manages to bring in the coals that the Inquisitor overlooked and a set of tongs. "Thank you. Would you like to say anything before, Lady Earl Marshall?"

Caria ab Trenica nods to Marsilio Ficino as she walks over to you, bending down to place her hands on the young woman's shoulders. "Chavara... you have done wrong, but you are to make it right this day. After passing from this life you will meet the Lord of the Springs and many other Knights that have gone before you, both through this trial and the path of the sword. When you meet them, greet them as friends and family... and tell them that more are to come, but not just yet. And know that you will be remembered as a Knight of the Chalice, Dame Chavara de Laerne here on Urth, not as Chavara the witch."

Chavara bursts into tears at Caria ab Trenica's words, her hands covering her face as she sits back on her heals, sobs shaking her thin frame. After a few moments she pulls her hands away and looks at Caria ab Trenica with a sorrowful expression, though there is gratitude in her eyes as she replies, merely whispering, "Thank you, Earl Marshall. Ah cannot tell you 'ow much t'at means to me." A pause intersects her words as she gulps, rippling her slender neck, "Please, please tell Paere that Ah 'ave always loved 'eem, weell always love 'eem and t'at 'e weell be t'e last thought t'at goes through my meend as Ah make my journey to meet t'e Lord of t'e Spreengs."

Marsilio Ficino remains silent as the coals burn brightly in a bucket. A faint smokiness fills the air.

Caria ab Trenica smiles and nods, squeezing the woman's shoulders in reassurance as she then lets go, stepping back before she looks to Marsilio Ficino. "You may proceed, your Holy Honour."

Chavara takes a deep breathe, her eyes quickly moving over to Caria ab Trenica once more as she asks, "Was Eneex set free, Dame?"

Marsilio Ficino approaches you and says softly. "If you cannot manage to keep your mouth open, we may have to break your jaw, so try really hard, please."

Caria ab Trenica shakes her head to you. "Enix burned on the pyre the other day, Chavara. So you will see him soon I hope."

You think to yourself, "Please, Lord, as my soul leaves this life to come and meet you, please give my husband some peace, let him forever feel the love that fills my heart and let him one day find love again with someone who is worth of his love."

Chavara waits for Caria ab Trenica's response, another level of pain registering on her face as she squeezes her eyes closed for a moment. She bites at her lip, nodding her head before she turns to look at Marsilio Ficino and says to him, "Ah weell do my best, Your Emeenence."

Marsilio Ficino picks up a rather small coal with the tongs and quickly shoves it as far back into your throat as possible. He begins to reach down for another.

A sickening scream issues from you as a hot coal is shoved down her throat, her hands gripping at her knees as her fingers dig into her legs in agony. [you ]

Marsilio Ficino attempts to pry your mouth open for the next rather small coal.

Another strangled scream issues from the woman, a slight hissing sound echoing around the room. [You (RPYell)]

Caria ab Trenica watches dispassionately, a small tear trailing from one of her eyes at the scene.

Chavara fights hard to sit still as the coals are shoved down her throat, her eyes squeezes tightly shut as tears of agony pour over her pale cheeks.

You have advanced in your knowledge of tubori.

You say OOCly, "GOD DAMNIT!"

Marsilio Ficino moves as quickly as possible, one coal at a time, he chalices ever so often and says "You are doing well. It's almost over." He quickly places in a few more.

Marsilio Ficino completely ignores the yell and manages another few coals. Only two more remain in the bucket.

Chavara continues to scream as the coals are quickly poured down the throat, the pain suddenly becoming too much for her frail body to withstand as she passed out, falling to one side and hitting her head hard on the stone floor.

Marsilio Ficino makes the sign of the chalice.

Marsilio Ficino sets the tongs down beside the bucket. "Her stomach is full, Lady Earl Marshall."

Caria ab Trenica makes the sign of the chalice and looks at your body and says, "Mercy on her for what we must do." She glances to the south with a frown before she looks back to your body, moving to check to see if the woman still lives.

Marsilio Ficino states, "Whenever you are ready we can move her to the pyre."

Chavara's body starts to fit an convulse all of a sudden, rippling across the floor for a few moments and then falling completely still.

((I would like to say a massive thanks to everyone who made playing Chavara so much fun. You all rock!))

Olither

Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:00 pm

This is the one character who made me tear up on this MUD. Hats off to you, Sephie.

• Information