Somewhere In Lithmore.. a savage got it..

Post logs, pictures, poetry and more. (Please request the permission of others before posting logs about their characters. Thank you!)

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Noobus

Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:53 am

Leofrick nudges the door with the heel of his boots before slamming it shut without looking back: in a sense, not glancing to see who is coming after him. "Don't folks around here know when to close the door already?", he grunts to himself and begins making his way to the bar. "Aah, Sander, haven't you missed seeing this face of mine gracing your tavern?", he asks the bartender with a merry tone as he claims a barstool then glances down the bar, eyes lingering over a heavily burned man with black-and-blond hair and an athletic Hillgirl with eyes of light sage along the way.

A heavily burned man with black-and-blond hair tips a light nod to Leofrick, his burnished face well-visible. "Good day there, Mister."

Queen's Inn and Tavern
[Cozy]
A keyhole shaped doorway with a solid oak door bars the most notorious
tavern in Lithmore from the rest of the world. Wooden tables, carefully
cared for and of fine craftsmanship, neatly arrange themselves throughout
the main floor space where travelers and locals, both rich and poor alike,
mingle for the sake of being close to history and fame. A long wooden bar,
polished with years of spills and elbow-grease, separates the custom from
painted wooden racks of various liquors and a doorway leading into the
kitchens. The scents of staple Lithmorran fare waft from there at all
hours.

In the last few months:
(The freezing weather outside has driven those wandering the streets in the late hours of the night into the the warmth and comfort of the Tavern.)

[ Exits: east south west ] [ Air exits: none ]
A stout, bulky mug filled with a dark heavy ale has been left on the tavern. (eastern edge)
A sturdily made four-legged table crafted of pale wood is in an out of the way corner. (eastern edge)
A long wooden bar separates customers from the liquors and kitchens. (western edge)
The un-official Queen's notice board covers the entire south wall. (western edge)
A heavily burned man with black-and-blond hair is sitting at the bar [App: 1]
An athletic Hillgirl with eyes of light sage is sitting down by the bar counter [App: 2]
Lysander, a tall, mutton-chopped bartender, rubs down the bar with a rough rag. [App: 3]

"Arien's stones! Did you escape the pyre or something?", Leofrick asks a heavily burned man with black-and-blond hair soon after the man greets him, not bothering to respond to the greeting but taking great interest in the burn marks evident on the man's form. [Leofrick]

Leofrick thinks to himself, "I wouldn't be surprised if he ran away from the pyre."

A heavily burned man with black-and-blond hair forces a little grin, "Somewhat. My very .. 'loving' brother put my face to the coals."

"How I wish I had a brother to rough me up like that, seems like you have a story to tell!", Leofrick clasps his hands together and begins rubbing his palms against each other, "Sander! Give the man... whatever his name is, what he wants to drink!" [Leofrick]

A heavily burned man with black-and-blond hair snorts out a chuckles, "Edhard, is the name." He looks over at an athletic Hillgirl with eyes of light sage. "Sleeping in the tavern isn't the best, Miss." He chuckles lightly. "Or do you not understand?

"Have to be slow with those, being too fast or asking if they understand will scare them off... which might be a good thing, But eh.", Leofrick mentions to a heavily burned man with black-and-blond hair while jerking a thumb towards an athletic Hillgirl with eyes of light sage. He tilts his head towards Lysander and waves a hand dismissively, "I am definetly not having your piss poor ale, ah, Ed... Are you going to place an order?" [Leofrick]

Leofrick thinks to himself, "Arien's stones, who let these beasts out of the mountains?"

Edhard shakes his head. " I might be Tubori, but I keep drinking to a minimum." He glances at an athletic Hillgirl with eyes of light sage briefly, "Gotta admit, these savages sure have good-looking women, though." He turns back, "Your name wa"

"By Lunare's tits they don't.", Leofrick snarls through his teeth after directing a balatantly scrutinizing glance towards an athletic Hillgirl with eyes of light sage, to Edhard he says, "Ah, Ab Archer would be the adress." [Leofrick]

An athletic Hillgirl with eyes of light sage jumps from her seat after realizing there is Edhard seated before her. She immediately slams her book shut and hops off the barstool, stumbling a bit to the side before bowing quickly towards the Edhard, "Lay...deeh.", she greets nervously. A moment after realizing Leofrick was also present, bows once again at a ninety degree angle. "Lay..deeh."

Leofrick thinks to himself, "What is it saying..."

Edhard chuckles lightly, "To each his own, Mr Ab Archer." He nods politely at an athletic Hillgirl with eyes of light sage, "Miss. I.. am no Lady. Am a Mister. Or... Edhard." He says, speaking slow and clear. "What is your name? "

"What is it saying..?", Leofrick knits his brows together while peering towards an athletic Hillgirl with eyes of light sage, upper lip curling slightly upwards in what might be disgust or something similar. He appears to have been about to add more but simply shifts seats: to some place a bit further from an athletic Hillgirl with eyes of light sage and turns to Lysander, "Why don't you have carpets for the lot of them again?" [Leofrick]

An athletic Hillgirl with eyes of light sage stares blankly at Edhard before wrinkling up her nose a bit. She does not seem to be bothered by the extremely tall man with a badly burnt face, which might've been because she had seen worse cases. "Me name? Ah. Ah!", she immediately retrieves a book from her satchel and opens it up before reading aloud, "He..Lo. My. Name. Is. Guia. Lanish. Gee. Yuh. Lah. Nish.", she enunciates carefully for the men to hopefully understand. The hillish girl then continues, "It. Is. A... Fwev.Av.Doov.Wev. To. Meet. Yu."

Edhard chuckles amusedly and shakes his head at Leofrick, "Don't be so harsh to the poor girl." He says before turning to an athletic Hillgirl with eyes of light sage. "Guia? My name is Edhard. Ed. Hard." He says, smiling. "How are you? "

"It is at least learning to read, progress of some sort I suppose. I will write to the Grand Magnate to provide cotton carpets for them or something.. we can step on them and have them sit there, no?", Leofrick muses to Lysander, not at all bothered by what he is saying before lifting his gaze to peer towards an athletic Hillgirl with eyes of light sage once more. He suddenly points at the floor, right besides the barstool she was on and begins saying slowly, "Can. You. Hear. Me? Sit. Down. There. The. Floor. You. Will. learn. Faster.", Edhard receives a dismissive shrug, "I'm not being harsh, doing my part as a citizen and educating her." [Leofrick]

An athletic Hillgirl with eyes of light sage shifts her gaze back and forth Edhard and Leofrick, giving no hint of whether or not she understands a word they are saying. Her eyes fixate on the finger of the man that points towards the ground. Slowly and carefully, she approaches the area Leofrick points at and slowly sits on the ground, looking quite unsure if this is what the man wanted for her to do. The hillish girl then offers a grin, flashing her slightly yellowish teeth.

Edhard frowns at Leofrick, "Goodness, Ab Archer. It is enough now. She deserves as much respect as you would expect from someone." He pulls a glove off and offers his hand to her to help her up. He nods at a stool. " Sit. There." He says.

"Don't flatter the savage, Edhard, I'm offering her more respect than anyone ever would.", Leofrick tells Edhard, sparing a brief glance towards the man then peers down at an athletic Hillgirl with eyes of light sage, as disgusted as he is by the grin offered his way, he nods slowly and offers a thumbs up, approval. [Leofrick]

A faint animalistic grunt comes through the tavern door. [Player (RPYell)] (To the east)

The eastern door is opened from the other side.
Kahlen arrives from the east using a tree branch as a crutch.
Kahlen slows to a halt.

Leofrick thinks to himself, "What is this man's deal with these things anyhow?"

Kahlen closes the eastern door.

An athletic Hillgirl with eyes of light sage stares at Edhard's hand as he reaches out for her. Leofrick's thumbs up confuses her even more, perhaps not knowing what they truly intend or wish for her to do. The hillish girl turns her head to face the door as Kahlen walks in. She pounds her right fist against her chest, greeting the boy, "Cannae Caleb."

Edhard softly shakes his head, "Goodness my, Ab Archer. We're confusing her. Stop it with your racism, you." He looks down at Guia. "Guia. Sit. Here." He says as he pats the stool again

Kahlen comes through the door with a light tap-tap-tapping of his branch-crutch. His leg is splinted but he doesn't seem to be too troubled by it. A bob of his head is granted in tandem with an easy wave in Leofrick's direction. "Mister Leofrick, hallo," he greets, then looking to Edhard and blinking a couple more times. "Um. Hallo ta ye too, Mister." Then he settles his gaze on an athletic Hillgirl with eyes of light sage on the floor. Such a strange lass. "Me name's nay Cannae. Cannae means cannae! Me name be Caleb," he tries to explain, exasperated.

"Edhard, reserve that barstool for actual customers or scamper off to your place near the slums, take your thing with you to let it drag dirt all over furniture.", Leofrick says to Edhard in a dismissive manner, he points a finger towards an athletic Hillgirl with eyes of light sage in an attempt to capture her attention and if she looks, points at the floor and nods. Kahlen receives a glance towards the leg with the splint before receiving a return greeting, "Well, Hello there, aren't you supposed to be resting until you get rid of that?" [Leofrick]

An athletic Hillgirl with eyes of light sage's jaw is left hanging open as she tries to decode the messages being conveyed to her by the three males. The hillish girl slowly reaches for the bridge of her nose, pinching it a bit, before speaking in her broken and terrible Lithmorran, "Me. Nose. Bleed."

Leofrick thinks to himself, "Dav's burning stones!"

Kahlen lifts a finger and opens his mouth to counter Leofrick's argument but he scratches his lower lip inward and chews on that instead. "Uhhhhh.... Uuuuhhhh... Mmmmh..." he teeters and totters in place, pivoting on his good leg while he shifts awkward eyes between the Lithmorran, Edhard, and an athletic Hillgirl with eyes of light sage. Slowly, he backs out of the tavern.

Edhard eyes Leofrick in a quite shocked manner. "Unbelievable. Truly unbelievable. " He shakes his head and rises. "Guia. Come with? " He asks, ticking his head towards the door. He points at her book. "Come. Along? "

Kahlen lifts a finger and opens his mouth to counter Leofrick's argument but he scratches his lower lip inward and chews on that instead. "Uhhhhh.... Uuuuhhhh... Mmmmh..." he teeters and totters in place, pivoting on his good leg while he shifts awkward eyes between the Lithmorran, Edhard, and an athletic Hillgirl with eyes of light sage. Slowly, he backs out of the tavern. He doesn't seem bothered nor surprised by how Leofrick addresses the Hillish lass. (edit)

"See what I mean!? Look at that? Who does that?", Leofrick questions Edhard while tearing his eyes away from the bleeding lass to place his attention elsewhere, Kahlen seemingly off the hook as well for the time being. He waves a dismissive hand towards an athletic Hillgirl with eyes of light sage's general direction, "Shoo now, pack up and leave with your... thing. Clean up after her too!" [Leofrick]

An athletic Hillgirl with eyes of light sage repeats after Edhard, pointing at herself while tilting her head curiously, "Come? Me?" The hillish girl raises her brows as he points towards a black leather journal fastened with scarlet thread , encouraging her to lift it up to present it to the people in the room. "Me. Still. Learn. Me. Speak. Little."

An athletic Hillgirl with eyes of light sage shows Edhard a black leather journal fastened with scarlet thread.

An athletic Hillgirl with eyes of light sage shows Kahlen a black leather journal fastened with scarlet thread.

An athletic Hillgirl with eyes of light sage shows Leofrick a black leather journal fastened with scarlet thread.
Subject: BASiC fHRASES

(The letters scribbled on this page appear to have been pressed hard by charcoal.)

"Vise."---------"HELLO."
"NaSeSe." --------- "FAREwELL."
"meViMeSe'Sa _______." --------- "MY nAME iS ________."
"meseSaSe saVi MeSeSesa SeSe." --------- "It is A PLEAsuRE tO MEEt YOu."
"LaVium ViLaSe SeSe?" --------- "HOw DO YOu fARE tHEsE DAYs?"
"ViMe NaViViSa." --------- "I AM GOOD."
"SaLaVimela SeSe." --------- "THAnk YOu."
"VimeSesaseMeSe, SeSe." --------- "YOu'RE wELCOME."
"Se LaselaSe sesa" --------- "I LikE it."
"Se SaVime'sa LaselaSe sesa." --------- "I DOn't LikE it."
"SeSe." --------- "YEs."
"MeViLa." --------- "NO."
"Se SaseSa umLaVimeNa." --------- "I AM sORRY."
"Se SaVi meVisa LaVisaSe SeSe." --------- "I LOvE YOu."
"Laummesa?" --------- "LEt's BOnD?"
"MeSeVisa" --------- "FOOD"
"UmVisaSeLa" --------- "DRink"
"MeVi umViLala" --------- "SLEEP OR REst"
"UmViLala" --------- "WORk"
"UmLaVisa SeLasaSe umViLala?" --------- "WHAt ELsE MAY I DO fOR YOu?"
"NaseNa NaSeVisasa" --------- "BEAR"
"NaSeVisasa SaViNa" --------- "WOLf"
"NaSeVisasa SaVisa" --------- "LiOn"
"NaSeVisasa UmViLaMe" --------- "SnAkE"
"NaSeVisasa NaseLaSa" --------- "EAGLEs"
"ViNaVimeSaLasesaVi" --------- "UnwAntED"

Edhard grins slightly at the book. He nods at Guia. " Vinavi.. meSa.. lasesa.. vi?" He says to her, beckoning.

It seems that Kahlen doesn't quite have a firm reason to be in the Queen's, or at least it isn't as important as Leofrick's command to stay home and get better. He keeps backing up, dragging his bad leg along with him. "Uuuuhhhh.... Mmmmm.... Ummm...." And then, he's out the door, leaving the Lithmorran inside with Lysander, an athletic Hillgirl with eyes of light sage, and Edhard. A strange combination, that.

Kahlen begins to move east.

Kahlen opens the eastern door.
Kahlen leaves east using a tree branch as a crutch.

Leofrick inhales sharply, seemingly not willing or simply not wanting to say anything further to the two. He does, however, redirect his attention back to the two with the disgust that was being directed to an athletic Hillgirl with eyes of light sage at first having carried over to Edhard as well, brows knitted.

Leofrick thinks to himself, "What would such a thing be doing with a savage? Even by his standards... whatever he is, this is too low."

Leofrick thinks to himself, "Should round them up and burn the all, the lot of them... could do with the game in tarns without having to run into naked man-babies, anyhow."

An athletic Hillgirl with eyes of light sage slowly nods at Edhard with an awkward smile, probably a habit the Hillish girl developed over time during her earlier encounters with the citizens around town whenever they would tell her something long and too complex to comprehend. "Yes.", is all that she could come up with as a response to the man. She glances over at Leofrick and chews on her chapped bottom lip consciously.

Edhard nods lightly and points a finger at the bottom most entry in her book before beckoning. He movses towards the door.

Leofrick squints towards an athletic Hillgirl with eyes of light sage when she glances over towards him, it takes a while for him to process anything but he eventually signals but lifting his forefinger upwards then a shooing motion towards the door.

An athletic Hillgirl with eyes of light sage looks at a book in her hands.

An athletic Hillgirl with eyes of light sage looks at a book in her hands.

An athletic Hillgirl with eyes of light sage's smile slowly fades away as soon as she realizes the word Edhard was referring to. It was as if a dark aura suddenly surrounded the Hillish girl as the word struck her hard, perhaps something that reminded her of where her place should be. Which is, as the book states, the unwanted one. an athletic Hillgirl with eyes of light sage slowly gets on her feet, making sure she does not stand taller than the two men... despite their towering heights. "Yes.", she mumbles quietly, keeping her eyes on the ground as she slowly drags her feet towards the door, making eye contact with no one. It might make one think that it is something she has been accustomed to even before coming to Lithmore.
Zellos Syllus, Beorhtmund ab Gladnor, Jemven Lynilin

• Information