The Pyring of Jemven Lynilin

Post logs, pictures, poetry and more. (Please request the permission of others before posting logs about their characters. Thank you!)

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Mika

Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:40 am

This scene ended up being a whole lot of fun. =) I always appreciate when people are willing to suggest & try unorthodox things to make scenes more memorable!

I edited out most of the thoughts that weren't the demon's, particularly ones I thought might be too incriminating!

River Square
[Frigid, cloudy, morning]
The gently curving path of the River Bren takes a sharp turn south here,
running nigh-perpendicular to Church Street. An island rises from the
center of the broad waterway, connected to the road by arching stone
bridges on either side. It has been paved with square flagstones that fit
together snugly, kept clean and bare of greenery. On the northern edge of
this rectangular plaza, Ahalin Tower rises in a smooth cylinder toward the
sky, casting a long shadow. Oil-burning wicker torches on slender posts
frame the area, microcosms of the blazes for which River Square is known.

In the last few months:
(Winter has settled an icy grip onto River Square. The Bren's movement
is swift and ice threatens at times to coalesce upon the very edges of the
bank, especially at nighttime hours. A dusting of snow is not always
cleared away by the heavy traffic; at the north end of the island, Ahalin
Tower rises as an ominous silhoutte against an oft-cloudy sky. )

[ Exits: -north- east west down ] [ Air exits: up ]
Post torches set at intervals along the path light the square at night. (northwestern corner) (lit)
The common gallows as used by the Reeves stands here on sturdy weather darkened pillars. (southeastern corner)
A thick wooden post blackened by fire proudly points to the sky. (northwestern corner)

The bolt in the northern door slides open.

The northern door is opened from the other side.
A tall green eyed man with salt and pepper hair arrives from the north.
A tall green eyed man with salt and pepper hair slows to a halt.

The church bells ring five times, announcing the hour of terce.

A tall green eyed man with salt and pepper hair begins to move north.

A tall green eyed man with salt and pepper hair leaves north.

The northern door closes from the other side.
The bolt in the northern door slams shut.

With a deep resounding tone, the church bells across the land sound to draw the faithful to River Square.

l self
It is stark naked.
Suffused with the stolen light of ghostly Balathumel's moon, this
angelic, slender figure is almost hard to look at for all that ethereal
beauty.

Short, pearly hair tends to curl upwards at the top where it's been left
longest. Lampblack, insectoid eyes stand out against chalky alabaster skin
(indeed, the resemblance to a statue come to life is undeniable) and
matching doe's ears; teeth, nails, and curving ram's horns look as though
carved from of ivory.

A sable-haired man with whisky-colored eyes arrives from the west.
A sable-haired man with whisky-colored eyes slows to a halt.

Forced humidity to 1399, which is raining.

A young man with bright blue eyes and pale skin arrives from the west.
A young man with bright blue eyes and pale skin slows to a halt.

A sable-haired man with whisky-colored eyes unlocks the northern door.

A sable-haired man with whisky-colored eyes begins to move north.

A sable-haired man with whisky-colored eyes opens the northern door.
A sable-haired man with whisky-colored eyes leaves north.

The northern door closes from the other side.
The bolt in the northern door slams shut.

Forced temperature set to 1 degrees F.

A fragile blue-eyed girl with silken blonde curls rides in from the west.
A fragile blue-eyed girl with silken blonde curls slows to a halt.

A slight, gray-eyed maiden with soft copper hair rides in from the west.
A brawny, caramel-skinned man has arrived.
A slight, gray-eyed maiden with soft copper hair slows to a halt.

A fragile blue-eyed girl with silken blonde curls swings her leg over her mount, preparing to dismount.

A fragile blue-eyed girl with silken blonde curls confidently dismounts from a graceful strawberry roan.

A stately blonde with mazarine eyes arrives from the west with confident steps.
A stately blonde with mazarine eyes slows to a halt.

A slight, gray-eyed maiden with soft copper hair starts to move towards the north.
A sharp-featured, statuesque blonde woman rides in from the west.
A sleek peregrine falcon with a bright eye ring has arrived.
A russet alaunt with powerful muscles and a diamond shaped head has arrived.
A sharp-featured, statuesque blonde woman slows to a halt.

Global>Steadily-pattering rain slowly grows quiet, then silent, as it turns to snow.

[Action: a stately blonde with mazarine eyes lingers near the front of the crowd with a grim expression. ]

[Action: a fragile blue-eyed girl with silken blonde curls stands with her shoulder heavily resting again a graceful strawberry roan, and devotes a blank-eyed stare toward the pyre. ]

Riding into the square at a full gallop, a slight, gray-eyed maiden with soft copper hair draws her horse to a halt, the steed tossing his proud head and pawing at the ground. Turning him toward the pyre, she gazes out over the gathering individuals. After a moment, she dismounts, elbowing her way through those mingling before her, pressing toward the front, a brawny, caramel-skinned man following her, looking worried.

A stately blonde with mazarine eyes wanders in slowly, giving a shiver and pulling her cloak closed as it seems to get even colder than is typical.

Someone is approaching from the west with a light.

A gangly man with a prominent adam's apple arrives from the west.
A gangly man with a prominent adam's apple slows to a halt.

An agile male with striking blue eye and wavy hair arrives from the west at a stroll.
An agile male with striking blue eye and wavy hair slows to a halt.

[Action: a slight, gray-eyed maiden with soft copper hair stands at the front of the crowd, hands clasped, face expressionless. ]

An extremely ancient man with shocks of white hair arrives from the west, hobbling on a sturdy wooden cane topped with a brass handle. An extremely ancient man with shocks of white hair slows to a halt.

[Action: a sharp-featured, statuesque blonde woman lingers near the back of the crowd, watching the platform from the high vantage of horseback. ]

[Action: an agile male with striking blue eye and wavy hair stands near the back nervously looking at what's going on. ]

Pushing through the crowd after a slight, gray-eyed maiden with soft copper hair, a brawny, caramel-skinned man settles behind her. Reaching out, he places a hand on her shoulder, though whether it is meant to be comforting or restraining is probably not immediately discernable.

A person thinks, "Guess this'll be my first proper burning in the capital, or branding I suppose, I hear they like brandings here."

Poised in a posture of both formality and professionalism, a young man with bright blue eyes and pale skin enters the area with a confient stride. His expression is solemn, seemingly knowing what the bells usually means. Those blue eyes turn onto the burning post, waiting for someone to step out of the tower to the north. [a young man with bright blue eyes and pale skin]

[Action: a young man with bright blue eyes and pale skin is waiting for the event to occur, appearing in a formal posture. ]

A figure cloaked in shimmering veils is an obvious, angry presence somewhere in the crowd - something bright, white, and inhuman, currently perceivable only to those attuned to thought. [Think]

A gangly man with a prominent adam's apple slides in from one of the bridges and parks himself somewhere at the back of the crowd, pressing a hand into his side with an annoyed expression and rubbing what appears to be a sore spot there.

[Action: a gangly man with a prominent adam's apple is loitering at the back of the crowd. ]

An agile male with striking blue eye and wavy hair nervously looks around and sees a familiar face, nods to Telimus. Anxiously awaits whatever is going to happen.

"In the cold of an adopted Vandagan mountain!" an extremely ancient man with shocks of white hair mutters loudly as he enters in, leaning heavily on his cane, "And snow too! My poor sandals..." He glances down at his flip flops before casting a shrewd look towards Ahalin, and then the platform as he waits, albeit impatiently, for the inevitable. [an extremely ancient man with shocks of white hair]

A svelte young woman with rich-blue eyes arrives from the east.
A svelte young woman with rich-blue eyes slows to a halt.

A slender, androgynous person with long, dark hair arrives from the east.
A quiet, stately Vavardi handmaiden has arrived.
A slender, androgynous person with long, dark hair slows to a halt.

A figure cloaked in shimmering veils is furious and pacing, pacing around the tower, waiting for whatever's coming. [Think]

Local>The air is unbearably cold.

A svelte young woman with rich-blue eyes looks skyward for a moment, gauging the weather.

A fragile blue-eyed girl with silken blonde curls looks skyward for a moment, gauging the weather.

[Action: an extremely ancient man with shocks of white hair is standing, peering up to watch. ]

A sharp-featured, statuesque blonde woman pulls closed her cloak, hiding her garments.

[Action: a svelte young woman with rich-blue eyes is standing near a slender, androgynous person with long, dark hair, observing. ]

"Br-r-r..." a slender, androgynous person with long, dark hair shivers. "Already I feel better ot be proper dressed, even if the fit is not so much... thank you so much, dear Addienna..." [a slender, androgynous person with long, dark hair]

[Action: a slender, androgynous person with long, dark hair is standing beside a svelte young woman with rich-blue eyes. ]

A gangly man with a prominent adam's apple grumbles something under his breath. The names of many moons seem to figure in it, while he collects his cloak about himself in an attempt to stay warm.

A slight, gray-eyed maiden with soft copper hair looks skyward for a moment, gauging the weather.

A gangly man with a prominent adam's apple pulls closed his cloak, hiding his garments.

An agile male with striking blue eye and wavy hair smiles happily seeing Lady Emma ab Kovar back, safe and sound.

A slight, gray-eyed maiden with soft copper hair pulls closed her cloak, hiding her garments.

A person thinks, "Are they going to burn someone...? I hope it isn't someone I know..."

A bantam, apricot-haired young man arrives from the west with slow, deliberate steps.
A bantam, apricot-haired young man slows to a halt.

Gusts of wind blow the snow about.

A person thinks, "I wonder who that is. Hrm... Ooh, who is that?!? And that? What an unpleasant being to look at!"

Lifting a hand, a slight, gray-eyed maiden with soft copper hair shields her eyes from the flying snow, ducking her head against the wind.

A person thinks, "Blast this cold! By Arien's balls!"

A sharp-featured, statuesque blonde woman draws a long, sleeveless coat of red and silver fox furs and lace around herself and a sleek peregrine falcon with a bright eye ring, a bit tighter, blocking out the bulk of the weather, flakes of wet, icy snow sticking in the garment.

"Addienna, darling," a svelte young woman with rich-blue eyes clarifies for Perri- though it clearly doesn't bother her given she hasn't done so in prior conversations. The winds tug at a loose bardic cloak cut lined in opulent coquelicot velvet, and manage to pull some curls from their braid. She smiles mutely then over to those whom she knows before turning attention to a slender, androgynous person with long, dark hair and winking, "I much prefer being entirely clothed myself."

A person thinks, "I wonder what this is about. A burning? It's so cold."

The colder it gets, the less comfortable a fragile blue-eyed girl with silken blonde curls appears, and not in the standard, 'I dislike the chill' sort of way. She starts to breathe heavily, loosing light gusts of steam from her lips. "...this isn't normal is it," is murmured softly, and to no one in particular. She glances to her side, scaling a blank space at her right.

A person thinks, "Some one out there must be playing with the weather.."

A bantam, apricot-haired young man has his cloak gripped tight about his form, jaw clenched against the cold. Though he's arrived near the back of crowds, he eagerly bounces in place to try and get a look towards the pyre.

A slender, androgynous person with long, dark hair smiles back to a svelte young woman with rich-blue eyes, though it's a bit of a vacant smile. "Ah, I am sorry, I do not know what you say... a bit word and all... can you repeat?"

A person thinks, "Please tell me this one is Jemven's. Please tell me nothing is going to go awry."

A person thinks, "I need to pay Mister Zeekint still. Envelopes are such a queer way to deliver things."

[Action: a bantam, apricot-haired young man is near the western outskirts of the crowd. ]

A brawny, caramel-skinned man shakes his head at a fragile blue-eyed girl with silken blonde curls, looking worriedly between her and a slight, gray-eyed maiden with soft copper hair.

A sprightly flaxen blonde with wide green eyes arrives from the west, moving with a jingle of bells.
A sprightly flaxen blonde with wide green eyes slows to a halt.

A person thinks, "Woah, I must have heard the bells ringing after all!"

"Addienna? My name? Or something else? We shant worry over any of it," a svelte young woman with rich-blue eyes assures a slender, androgynous person with long, dark hair, touching a hand to the other woman's cloaked shoulder. There is still a mild smile for her, though she does not seem at all thrilled with the extra chill playing into the river square.

A gangly man with a prominent adam's apple grumbles softly, shivering more and more underneath a lengthy Winter cloak of ash grey wool made without a hood. "This lot takin' ferever, like good an' Dav-fearin' folk en't got nuthin' better tae dae," he unhappily grunts, very much like someone who is not having a good day. "GIT TH'ARIEN MAGE OUT, SHITE!" He yells toward the looming towers, stomping his feet in place.

"The second thing you said," a slender, androgynous person with long, dark hair answers in perfect Vavardi, in sharp contrast to their broken LIthmorran. "I'm sorry I'm so hard to talk to sometimes... you don't need you repeat yourself for me," they assure with a gentle smile, cheeks a bit rosy - though it may be just the cold. [a slender, androgynous person with long, dark hair]

A sprightly flaxen blonde with wide green eyes wanders on in, poking through the square until she finds a solid place to stand and see, somewhat near a bantam, apricot-haired young man. "Mister Benne," she chatters--words and teeth both--and asks, "Seems like you all have been waiting on the fire for a while."

[Action: a sprightly flaxen blonde with wide green eyes stands at the western edge of the crowd with a bantam, apricot-haired young man. ]

"Haven't... felt this cold since 222, t..t .c....e. ....," an extremely ancient man with shocks of white hair mutters curmudgeonly to himself as the cold intensifies. His eyes squint to slits when the blast of wind nearly topples his frail frame over, "Of course it's today .hat ... ..m... ...c. .. .e..... o. w.a..ot .... his d..." [an extremely ancient man with shocks of white hair]

Clouds hang low and heavy above, releasing a steady stream of thick snowflakes.

A person thinks, "My gonads are liable to be nonads after this amount of exposure!"

A bantam, apricot-haired young man takes no visible comfort from the cold, either. His clothes, too, are not particularly cut out for this weather. Still, he's made a good showing of remaining statuesque, gaze mostly locked on the pyre. "Clever," he acknowledges a sprightly flaxen blonde with wide green eyes. "Only just got here, fortunately. Don't know how long I can stand to wait though. Just... want to see who it is, really."

A person thinks, "Hah!"

A person thinks, "Nonads. Good one. Very good. That shall be written somewhere."

A person thinks, "Me too, me too."

"I've felt this type of cold once before," a brawny, caramel-skinned man says, frowning darkly. Leaning in to a slight, gray-eyed maiden with soft copper hair, he murmurs in her ear. "On the Kissing Bridge, remember?" A pause, then a grim nod, one hand touching the medical satchel at her side.

"No need to worry- I was just saying that it is nicer to be clothed in this weather," a svelte young woman with rich-blue eyes clears her throat softly, huddling into the bright orange of her cloak once more. She spies a sprightly flaxen blonde with wide green eyes with interest and recognition, yet remains near a slender, androgynous person with long, dark hair.

The bolt in the northern door slides open.

The northern door is opened from the other side.
A sable-haired man with whisky-colored eyes arrives from the north holding Jemven's bonds.
A sable-haired man with whisky-colored eyes slows to a halt.

A person thinks, "This can be no good... Oh- the door.. finally."

A lithe Tubori boy with untidy red hair arrives from the north.
A lithe Tubori boy with untidy red hair slows to a halt.
A tall green eyed man with salt and pepper hair arrives from the north.
A tall green eyed man with salt and pepper hair slows to a halt.

A tall green eyed man with salt and pepper hair closes the northern door.
A tall green eyed man with salt and pepper hair locks the northern door.

A person thinks, "YES! It's Jemven! Finally!"

"Oh! Ehehe... y-yes, definitely it is," a slender, androgynous person with long, dark hair answers to a svelte young woman with rich-blue eyes, giggling shyly. "Br-r-r, it is so cold... oh! They bring out a person here... is this the one?" [a slender, androgynous person with long, dark hair]

A sprightly flaxen blonde with wide green eyes gives a little wave over to a svelte young woman with rich-blue eyes when she catches the other woman's eye, the gesture causing a merry jingling of bells.

An agile male with striking blue eye and wavy hair looks around for someone to place in front of him

A person thinks, "Ahh, frak, all the noise-"

A figure cloaked in shimmering veils is perceivable as a lightning-bright glittering energy in the crowd - one that stops and turns its hungry focus upon the doors as they open. [Think]

A person thinks, "I wonder what will come of this. Mm."

The doors to Ahalin strike open with an audible bang in the chill air as a tall green eyed man with salt and pepper hair presents himself through their confines with a sable-haired man with whisky-colored eyes and a lithe Tubori boy with untidy red hair in his wake. A weathered look has taken him as he allows his gaze to turn over everyone in attendance within the square before tipping his head in a nod towards a sable-haired man with whisky-colored eyes and afterwards towards the pyre. A torch is picked up from its base in the meantime that he holds in hand as he walks calmly but suredly towards it. Not a word is spoken in the meantime as the cold truly begins to set in, his brows furrowing as he tugs his cloak in tighter with a calloused hand.

Settling a hand over loose reins draping down a gangly man with a prominent adam's apple's neck, a fragile blue-eyed girl with silken blonde curls relaxes a modicum when a tall green eyed man with salt and pepper hair and his charge emerge from the northern doors. Her eyes lid closed for a moment, and when they open a sense of perfect calm has replaced a look of budding anxiety.

A bantam, apricot-haired young man issues a faint little gasp, muted under the weather, at the sight of a sable-haired man with whisky-colored eyes, a lithe Tubori boy with untidy red hair, and their entourage.

A lithe Tubori boy with untidy red hair curses as soon as the cold air hits his skin and begins shivering with renewed vigor. His gaze quickly drifts all over the crowd, searching the faces there, then eastwards, westwards and up above. He exhales slowly before beginning to search the crowd again, his pace decreasing behind a sable-haired man with whisky-colored eyes.

A lithe Tubori boy with untidy red hair looks all around.

A person thinks, "Something's wrong."

A sable-haired man with whisky-colored eyes has seen better days, visibly; he's hollow-eyed, red-cheeked and looking less than at full health. His attention is focused entirely on a lithe Tubori boy with untidy red hair, whom he marches toward the pyre itself by dint of the ropes wrapping the man's wrists. Any slowdown will be met with a none-too-gentle sort of yank.

A stately blonde with mazarine eyes pulls her cloak a little tighter, unable to keep still as she shifts about for warmth, gaze locked on the arrivals.

A person thinks, "Would the fact that I literally have two souls matter if she pops up?"

As the door of Ahalen opens, a slight, gray-eyed maiden with soft copper hair's eyes fix on it. Her hands tighten around one another at the sight of a lithe Tubori boy with untidy red hair. One foot moves forward almost of its own volition. a brawny, caramel-skinned man's hand tightens on her shoulder and he draws her back, his hand most definitely a restraining hand now. Her expression is still unreadable, so why she wished to approach him is unknown. To hit, to hug, it's not written on her face.

A person thinks, "Jemven... I did not even you, but I hope whatever after life there is, meets you with peace."

Gusts of wind blow the snow about.

A sprightly flaxen blonde with wide green eyes nudges a bantam, apricot-haired young man with her elbow, leaning over to mention quietly, "....'. .h. .... Si. ....n .i.h. ...... . ...pe. hi. ...y an ....s-.r....r. n.. ..t a. ...r .. t.. a... B... .u., ...?"

[Action: a sable-haired man with whisky-colored eyes is escorting a lithe Tubori boy with untidy red hair toward the pyre, looking drawn. ]

"......., shi....." a gangly man with a prominent adam's apple grumbles underneath his breath, stomping his feet on the even cobbles to keep warm as puffs of air rise over him while he speaks, clearly displeased about his lot with the frigid weather. [a gangly man with a prominent adam's apple]

personal (Jemven)> Something is certainly wrong... Jemven might recognize a particular sort of unnatural, stormy, electric charge in the air.

[Action: a gangly man with a prominent adam's apple is loitering at the back of the crowd, looking miserably cold. ]

A person thinks, "This is so isolating. frak."

A svelte young woman with rich-blue eyes shifts ever so slightly in the cold in order to try and keep herself warm, looking over the grouping that has emerged from the town at last. She appears to be holding her cloak and obviously hat snuggly to herself against the winds.

A slender, androgynous person with long, dark hair doesn't seem to recognize the boy brought up to the pyre, though they still look a bit nervous. "In Tubor, not so much is this a public affair as it is here," they murmur quietly as an aside to a svelte young woman with rich-blue eyes, shivering. "I have not seen so many yet..."

The yank causes a lithe Tubori boy with untidy red hair to almost stumble behind a sable-haired man with whisky-colored eyes, drawing another curse from the boy and earning the man pulling him a nasty look. When the gust comes about, he freezes on the spot and refuses to move: save for when yanked, a panicked look invading his features as he glances about once more, this time quicker than before. [a lithe Tubori boy with untidy red hair]

A person thinks, "Oh no.. no.. she is already here! "

A person thinks, "Shite, shite, shite, Oi ahm COLD. Tha' Arien is takin' sae long... Jes' burn tha' lad an' be done wiv it."

A person panics, an overwhelming surge of emotions pouring forth.

personal (Ariel)> A slender, androgynous adolescent with pearl-blonde hair lingers at the edge of the crowds. No one else seems to notice her. Too bad Ariel can't talk!

A bantam, apricot-haired young man casts a look across to a sprightly flaxen blonde with wide green eyes, nodding minutely. "... h.ro.c, .l....," he mutters in response, though his attention, somber and frowning, is otherwise focused entirely upon a lithe Tubori boy with untidy red hair at this point.

A person thinks, "Astrophel.. I can see you now.. you came for the price, didn't you?"

A person thinks, "Don't panic, child. You will be at peace soon."

A person unhappily laments, "Wouldnae be this cold on Lunare's tits; all's we need is a feckin' blizzard tae top th'day off, yea."

The Sovereign thinks to itself, "We had a deal, Jemven, and you betrayed me."

A person thinks, "Please go off without a hitch. Please go off without a hitch. Please go off without a hitch."

A person thinks, "You don't deserve a second chance, Jemven."

A person thinks, "Well, this might get interesting.."

A person thinks, "You don't deserve a second chance, Utter."

A tall green eyed man with salt and pepper hair approaches the Pyre with a sable-haired man with whisky-colored eyes with the grasp of the ropes that bind him and a nod to the post itself. The young man's slowdown causes his eyes to narrow in the meantime, suspicion briefly flickering before he finally rests a large hand on his shoulder to press him up against the thing. A nod is given to a sable-haired man with whisky-colored eyes as if silently requesting assistance before seeing to binding the man up against it with the wrap of the rope about his frame. Only when that is finished does he finally turn to address the crowd. "Today on Februarius 20th in the 369th Sun Cycle of the Lord, we bring before you this young man, Jemven Lynilin who has been confirmed under his own confession to Magery and Demon summoning." He pauses as he looks out over the crowd, his voice carrying with a gravelly tone with the heavy mist of cold rising from his breath. "By order of the Inquisition of the Holy Church of Dav, Jemven Lynilin is to be consigned to the flame so that we may purify his soul. May the Lord smile on him and accept him."

Apparently a sable-haired man with whisky-colored eyes has little patience at the moment; when a lithe Tubori boy with untidy red hair stops, he turns on him with a growl, aiming to pull the much smaller man along by the brute force of the rope wrapped about his wrists. Between one step and the next he pauses, though, seemingly struck by something in the crowd; he inhales a sharp breath, then shakes his head, returning to his work to help a tall green eyed man with salt and pepper hair secure a lithe Tubori boy with untidy red hair. [a sable-haired man with whisky-colored eyes]

A person thinks, "Did I see... no..."

A person thinks, "My but it is freezing out here."

"W.t. ...g.. s. .... ... ..di.... .o.., ......'. s... .. .a..; .. .h.. t... .h. .... a.. .... p.. .a.. ... b.d. to.. to .....!" a sprightly flaxen blonde with wide green eyes whispers a quiet singsong rhyme to her standing buddy. [a sprightly flaxen blonde with wide green eyes]

[Action: a sable-haired man with whisky-colored eyes is helping secure a lithe Tubori boy with untidy red hair to the pyre. ]

[Action: a tall green eyed man with salt and pepper hair is standing before the Pyre with a lithe Tubori boy with untidy red hair and a sable-haired man with whisky-colored eyes ]

A person thinks, "Demon summoning? At that age? How foul."

The Sovereign thinks to itself, "I will have my soul, Jemven."

"Demons...! Oh my word," a slender, androgynous person with long, dark hair comments quietly, bringing a gloved hand up to their lips. "How awful..." [a slender, androgynous person with long, dark hair]

"..... ........' ...a.., ..., L..d ..c...' '..e .., .a.," a gangly man with a prominent adam's apple grumbles underneath his breath, spitting on the ground next to himself and then quickly drawing a sign of the chalice on himself. He eyeballs jemven with open suspicion from where he stands, far away at the back of the crowd. [a gangly man with a prominent adam's apple]

"They always are here," a svelte young woman with rich-blue eyes simply offeres to a slender, androgynous person with long, dark hair to her earlier mention of the event occurring. Her own expression is one of concern, lits curved ever so slightly to a bring about a frown.

"....n ..mm....' ......, ..., .... f.....' '... .., ...," a gangly man with a prominent adam's apple grumbles underneath his breath, spitting on the ground next to himself and then quickly drawing a sign of the chalice. He eyeballs a lithe Tubori boy with untidy red hair with open suspicion from where he stands, far away at the back of the crowd. (quickfix) [a gangly man with a prominent adam's apple]

"... ...... l..t .... .....e .. .......... .. .. ... f.....", a lithe Tubori boy with untidy red hair mutters with a shaky tone. He struggles against being secured on the post at first but eventually gives up, his gaze still quickly scanning the crown until it lands on the area around a slender, androgynous person with long, dark hair. Right then and there, his eyes go wide and all color drains for his skin, panic renewed. [a lithe Tubori boy with untidy red hair]

Hands folded gruffly across his minute form, a bantam, apricot-haired young man shifts up closer to clever, possibly in some feeble attempt to help stave off the bitter, biting cold. He's got no more words to share with her. [a bantam, apricot-haired young man]

A person thinks, "Yeesh, tough crowd"

Hands folded gruffly across his minute form, a bantam, apricot-haired young man shifts up closer to a sprightly flaxen blonde with wide green eyes, possibly in some feeble attempt to help stave off the bitter, biting cold. He's got no more words to share with her. (fix) [a bantam, apricot-haired young man]

[Action: a bantam, apricot-haired young man stands near the western edge of the crowds, huddled up close to a sprightly flaxen blonde with wide green eyes. ]

A sprightly flaxen blonde with wide green eyes puts a sympathetic arm around a bantam, apricot-haired young man's shoulder, both benefiting from the shared warmth. "W.... ....w . .o.. i. a s...b...?"

A person thinks, "I am done for either way.."

A person thinks, "It's so cold... why is it so cold?"

". .a.. .. ..... o.. h.. .y.. ..d-" a bantam, apricot-haired young man starts to a sprightly flaxen blonde with wide green eyes, but bites his tongue, cutting himself off. He draws a long breath. ".a.be .a..r, ......." [a bantam, apricot-haired young man]

"I don't like this," a brawny, caramel-skinned man whispers to a slight, gray-eyed maiden with soft copper hair. "Stay close to me, lass."

A slender, androgynous person with long, dark hair nods, shifting a little bit closer to a svelte young woman with rich-blue eyes for warmth, if she would let them do so.

A lithe Tubori boy with untidy red hair's words don't go unhead as a tall green eyed man with salt and pepper hair looks over the crowd once more, listening to them and eventually casting a narrowed eyed look his way. The torch is soon held aloft as he makes to strike the flame up. The flame, however doesn't manage to take hold. A blink follows before he looks to a sable-haired man with whisky-colored eyes, surprise utterly visible on his face, before he makes to try again.

Fire flickers along the edge of the torch as if it's about to finally light and then simply fails. The Grand Inquisitor draws in a sharp breath and looks to the Knight again before reaching back to the hilt of his mace. [a tall green eyed man with salt and pepper hair]

A svelte young woman with rich-blue eyes is clearly not in the mood to be pushing away any added warmth present near her own form. Sharing what little her own body has with a slender, androgynous person with long, dark hair in return.

A person thinks, "Don't make us look incompetent, Gaspard. You're a chance at new hope."

A person thinks, "Please burn. Please burn. Please burn."

Shimmering veils come down around a slight, androgynous adolescent with pearly blonde hair... no - as the illusion dissolves and she opens her eyes, it's obvious this thing isn't the girl that was present in the crowd. (And no, she wasn't a slender, androgynous person with long, dark hair, either.) Her eyes are coal-black and flat; her skin is far too pale and imbued with an ethereal glow like the moon Balathumel; their arms split - there are four arms, not two. A pair of curved ivory ram's horns curl back delicately behind their ears. A slow scream builds in the crowd as onlookers skirt away! [a figure cloaked in shimmering veils]

The Sovereign reveals itself from all concealments.

A person thinks, "No. No no no."

The church bells ring four times, announcing the hour of sext.

Biting her lip, a slight, gray-eyed maiden with soft copper hair's eyes follow the sight of the torch that won't light, then back to a lithe Tubori boy with untidy red hair, then back to the torch. She shivers, drawing her cloak tighter about her as her eyes scan the crowd before returning to the boy attached to the pyre.

A sharp-featured, statuesque blonde woman has lost link.
A sharp-featured, statuesque blonde woman has reconnected.

A stately blonde with mazarine eyes looks skyward for a moment, gauging the weather.

A person thinks, "I am completely done for.. done for!"

A stately blonde with mazarine eyes looks skyward for a moment, gauging the weather.

A person thinks, "Guess they couldn't have waited for spring..."

A slender, androgynous person with long, dark hair gasps, taking a step back, clutching themself tighter to a svelte young woman with rich-blue eyes. "W-what is that-! This, this is...! A demon..!!" comes their exclamation, likely mirroring many of the typical responses in the crowd.

An agile male with striking blue eye and wavy hair is trembling with something, either fear or excitement its impossible to tell

A sable-haired man with whisky-colored eyes startles visibly at the odd behavior of the fire, his eyes narrowing; before he can act, The Sovereign is revealed. Sucking in a sharp breath, he yanks his dagger from its sheath, held at the ready at a careful angle. He stays put right beside a lithe Tubori boy with untidy red hair and the pyre.

A sable-haired man with whisky-colored eyes pulls out a dagger.

[Action: a lithe Tubori boy with untidy red hair is bound to the post, his face pale. ]

A tall green eyed man with salt and pepper hair gets his mace from his belt.

An agile male with striking blue eye and wavy hair chalices

[Action: a sable-haired man with whisky-colored eyes stands in combat-ready guard beside the pyre. ]

"I knew I didn't like this," a brawny, caramel-skinned man growls, seizing a slight, gray-eyed maiden with soft copper hair and shoving her roughly behind him. The motion does not appear to be intentional or angry, but protective.

A sprightly flaxen blonde with wide green eyes moves with a startle, removing a hand from a bantam, apricot-haired young man's shoulders and taking however many steps it takes to not be near the epicenter of THAT newcomer.

A brawny, caramel-skinned man moves nearer to a slight, gray-eyed maiden with soft copper hair. [Tech]

A person thinks, "That... is... nothing so weak as what I faced before. But what can I do?"

A stately blonde with mazarine eyes backs away, facing The Sovereign. She speaks a soft prayer. Those near enough might recognize the Prayer of Warding spoken fervently.

A gangly man with a prominent adam's apple blinks once. Then twice. Then thrice at The Sovereign. He appears to truly be having a difficult time registering just what it is that he is seeing. He begins the slow crawl back with a great swathe of the crowd. "Shite, feck, Lun- Arien bloody 'ell," he manages, just managing to get a foot back before he is apparently stopped dead in his tracks. "Going tae freeze tae death an' et by a demon. Knew I shoulnae 'ave left me 'ouse." (sorree!)

A fragile blue-eyed girl with silken blonde curls's head acquires a subtle cant. Her eyes are unnaturally calm as she turns toward the general direction the screams have risen from. Calm or no, setting sights upon the demon culminates in her whole body shuts down; with a hand locked in a half-born chalice her eyes roll back in her head, and crumples weightlessly into the snow. She's swept up promptly by an onlooker and carried at a labored pelt down Church Street.

A lithe Tubori boy with untidy red hair lowers his eyes to the ground when The Sovereign, reveals itself, uncontrollable shivers coming from his person as he wills himself not to look up, infact, he leans towards a sable-haired man with whisky-colored eyes in a manner of coaxing protection more than anything else as he begins to repeatedly tug his bonds from the post.

A person thinks, "I have two souls in me Astrophel! The deal was one!"

A sprightly flaxen blonde with wide green eyes has lost link.

A person thinks, "Could I get him back into Ahalin? Is something like... that even able to be stopped by locked doors...?"

"This man is not yours!" The Sovereign calls out, its voice taking on an weird, silvery quality. "Jemven Lynilin, you promised me by blood that you would bring me a soul for my court!" An errant flip of a hand sends several onlookers in front of her out of the way as she approaches the pyre. "The Sovereign of Balathumel is not one to be denied a promise!" [The Sovereign]

A svelte young woman with rich-blue eyes stumbles back with a slender, androgynous person with long, dark hair almost taking to the cobbles beneath foot in her own startlement. "Goodness sakes! I should get out of here- this is no place for those of us not oriented to combat," her voice is higher pitched than normal, clearly fearful.

The Sovereign moves towards a lithe Tubori boy with untidy red hair.

The Sovereign has reached its target.

Forced humidity to 1400, which is lightning.

A bantam, apricot-haired young man doesn't immediately move, locked in place by The Sovereign's reveal. He stares, bug-eyed, frozen.

It's hard for a slender, androgynous person with long, dark hair to tear their eyes away from the demon, their knees trembling - but a svelte young woman with rich-blue eyes's stumbling is enough to snap them out of their fearful stupor. "Ah! Yes! We run away!" they declare, falling into step beside a svelte young woman with rich-blue eyes. [a slender, androgynous person with long, dark hair]

[Action: a bantam, apricot-haired young man is frozen in place on the western edge of the area. ]

[Action: an agile male with striking blue eye and wavy hair watches wide-eyed, hoping he is far enough away. ]

A fragile blue-eyed girl with silken blonde curls begins to move west.

A fragile blue-eyed girl with silken blonde curls leaves west.
A graceful strawberry roan leaves west.

A svelte young woman with rich-blue eyes furrows her brow in thought, mentally planning.
A svelte young woman with rich-blue eyes begins to move west.

A person thinks, "No. No, there's only one thing to do."

A tall green eyed man with salt and pepper hair takes a step to put himself between the creature and a lithe Tubori boy with untidy red hair at a sable-haired man with whisky-colored eyes's side with a look towards the man and eventually back to her. His chin lifts and his expression takes on a dark sneer as he lifts his mace before him with one hand directed at her, chalice flanges standing prominently upon its surface. "Begone from this place, demon. You have no right. No claim to this man." The words are spoken harshly, anger heating his blood as suredly as the cloak that only barely manages to stave off the deep chill. "You do not belong in this world. I say you, begone."

[Action: a young man with bright blue eyes and pale skin is placed far from The Sovereign, arms up in a vain defensive posture. ]

A svelte young woman with rich-blue eyes crosses the center of the area.

A person thinks, "I can't let him leave this place alive."

A svelte young woman with rich-blue eyes leaves west.

A slender, androgynous person with long, dark hair runs across the area.

A slender, androgynous person with long, dark hair leaves west.
A quiet, stately Vavardi handmaiden leaves west.

A person thinks, "Astrophel. Is that the Soveriegn of Balathumel's name?"

A person thinks, "It can't rescue him if he's dead."

A sprightly flaxen blonde with wide green eyes has reconnected.

Snow is falling lightly to the ground.

A sprightly flaxen blonde with wide green eyes begins to move west.

A person thinks, "She certainly has a claim, Gaspard. Quit the theatrics. We have the power to usurp that claim in the name of the Lord of the Springs. Set him alite."

A sprightly flaxen blonde with wide green eyes leaves west, moving with a jingle of bells.

As The Sovereign approaches and a tall green eyed man with salt and pepper hair moves in, a sable-haired man with whisky-colored eyes pauses for a moment. Something utterly bleak crosses his features in the space of a single eyeblink - before he turns, aiming to slash a decisive horizontal blow right across a lithe Tubori boy with untidy red hair's throat. [a sable-haired man with whisky-colored eyes]

[Action: a gangly man with a prominent adam's apple is standing at the back of the square, looking on in stark befuddlement. ]

Being adressed, a lithe Tubori boy with untidy red hair halts the his attempts to break free of the bonds to pin himself against the post instead while attempting to twist a bestial eye made from swirls on the back of the left hand towards The Sovereign, "You-Your High-ness! I-I swear that I was working on it! I-I was! The promise ca-can be worked out! Free me and I will offer you this noble!", he somehow finds his voice but the words comes out in panicked spurts, his head jerking towards a sable-haired man with whisky-colored eyes. [a lithe Tubori boy with untidy red hair]

[Action: a sable-haired man with whisky-colored eyes is apparently doing his best to kill a lithe Tubori boy with untidy red hair before The Sovereign can close in. ]

Shivering, a slight, gray-eyed maiden with soft copper hair's entire form locks up at the sight of the demon. Even her eyes seem to freeze, harboring an expression of terror and desperation. Her hands twitch toward her bow, but are shaking so hard, they merely slip across the wood without doing anything remotely like to grabbing it, let alone drawing it.

A person thinks, "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

A stately blonde with mazarine eyes finalizes her Prayer of Warding, she scrambles towards the platform, "Keep attempting to send him to the Lord! We shall not let the Abyss claim him."

A stately blonde with mazarine eyes starts to move towards the north and east.

But alas, when a lithe Tubori boy with untidy red hair jerks his head towards a sable-haired man with whisky-colored eyes he is met with the man aiming a blow towards his throat, with little room for movement, he merely cries out in terror while waiting for the blade to hit home or whatever comes first. [a lithe Tubori boy with untidy red hair]

The Sovereign steps up (it's hard to tell how she moves, exactly) up onto the platform, undeterred by a sable-haired man with whisky-colored eyes and a tall green eyed man with salt and pepper hair - though she does turn those dead eyes on a tall green eyed man with salt and pepper hair and hisses, "This man promised me a soul, and I will GET my soul." She attempts to concentrate some sort of electrical force, but it fizzles out uselessly. One slender hand with ivory fingernails like claws snakes out to a lithe Tubori boy with untidy red hair instead. Both she and a sable-haired man with whisky-colored eyes reach him at the same time; his body is left behind, bleeding, while the demoness dissolves into a cascade of sparks. It's unclear if she was defeated or managed to get what she was after.

A lithe Tubori boy with untidy red hair hits the ground ... DEAD.

A girl with piercing azure eyes and ebony-red hair rides in from the west with a poise and confidence, as she moves with purpose.
A stocky Vandagan man with squinty eyes has arrived.
A stocky nondescript Vandagan woman has arrived.
A bookish looking young Lithmorran man has arrived.
A girl with piercing azure eyes and ebony-red hair slows to a halt.

A gangly man with a prominent adam's apple is frozen into place - at least as frozen in to place as he can be, given the throng of people bumping into him on their hurried way out of the square. His blue eyes widen to an almost comical size as the dramatics unfold. Finally, the red haired boy slumps against the post and the figure vanishes. And he takes a few uncertain steps forward. "...what 'appened?"

A bantam, apricot-haired young man stands mostly alone now, bug-eyed, struck dumb and frozen by the spectacle of the goings-on.

a languid, androgynous figure dissolves in a cascade of iridescing sparks.
The Court of the Conceited
[Electrified]
A grand moonlit ballroom of alabaster and ivory set in shimmering gems
of a milky, ghostly blue-green; a perpetual masquerade of spectral
courtiers is in full swing, though for all the chatter, no one seems to be
saying anything or even looking at each other. At the very far end, an
ostentatious ivory throne sits partially obscured by shimmering transparent
material and silver chains of jewels.

Centuries' worth of lost mortal treasures and trophies are crowded on the
walls and piled unceremoniously about the perimeter of the room.

[ Exits: none ] [ Air exits: none ]
A faceted crystal sphere lies here. (northeastern corner)
A silver-scale chain and a dazzling count of ghostly jewels lies here. (northern edge)
A riviere of faceted moonstones, both cloudy and frost-hued is here. (northern edge)
Chains of sharp, faceted moonstones are here. (northern edge)
A handful of sparkly, garishly coloured glitter and sequins has been left here. (southwestern corner)
A double-headed coin, stamped from thin and polished bronze is here. (western edge)
A clear, glass bottle with a miniature ship floating within is here. (western edge)
A silver filigree lamp inset with azure-tinted glass panels is here. (northwestern corner) (off)
Takta is here. [App: 5]
The Sovereign hears a strange humming coming from it.

[Action: a tall, muscular man covered in crimson tattooing is leaning against a wall, looking very amused. ]

A snap of opening fabric sounds and a young lady of unearthly beauty is suddenly standing here, smiling demurely from within the shade of her parasol. [OOC]

The Sovereign has transferred a lithe Tubori boy with untidy red hair from The Realm of the Dead (96) to The Court of the Conceited (370).

[The Sovereign] [Good: 54905] [perfect, fresh, stalk] (STARK NAKED)(bathed)(R)
[Action: a young lady of unearthly beauty is perched upon a chaise, quite strangely remaining in the shade of her parasol. ]

Action set to:
The Sovereign has reappeared in her throne, and she just looks sort of sulky about everything.

"I was PROMISED one of their nobles," The Sovereign gripes down to a tall, muscular man covered in crimson tattooing as she peers a lithe Tubori boy with untidy red hair before her down. [The Sovereign]

The Sovereign says OOCly, "He's sleeping"
WARNING: Osays exist only to clarify RP and cost 5 RPXP. Please move to tells if possible.

The Sovereign tries to wake a lithe Tubori boy with untidy red hair.
A lithe Tubori boy with untidy red hair wakes and stands up.

"You should know better than by now to put trust in mortal promises," a tall, muscular man covered in crimson tattooing responds to The Sovereign without a hint of sympathy; he smirks broadly down at a lithe Tubori boy with untidy red hair. "But at least you salvaged something, I suppose? Though nothing so... impressive." [a tall, muscular man covered in crimson tattooing]

A young lady of unearthly beauty has a girlish, near-insolent smile on while she appears to delight into The Sovereign's misadventures. "But you brought -something-," she happily chirps, rising from her chaise and taking a few steps closer to a lithe Tubori boy with untidy red hair, a parasol of deep blue gossamer throwing offputting shadows twirling behind her all the while. "Ugh. It's so -red-," she remarks, apparently without a hint of irony.

"And [the Malignant] got to him first," The Sovereign continues to complain, gesturing down at the mark on a lithe Tubori boy with untidy red hair's hand. "I never get anything nice for myself." [The Sovereign]

The Sovereign says OOCly, "This is going to be jemven's eternity. game over"

"Where... am I? Is this.. the afterlife?", a lithe Tubori boy with untidy red hair mutters quietly as his eyes blinks open, trying to focus on the space around him. When his eyes land on The Sovereign, shame invades his features instead of panic as he averts his gaze, "I.. have failed, Forgive me, Your Highness.. I was trying." [a lithe Tubori boy with untidy red hair]

"Oh, that's all right. I'm sure we can -all- have a little fun with this one..." a tall, muscular man covered in crimson tattooing's grin broadens, predatorily - white teeth from ear to ear. "Welcome," he whispers down at a lithe Tubori boy with untidy red hair, "beloved child. You will be honored for your work by the chance for... endless servitude. So long as a mote of your self remains in this world." [a tall, muscular man covered in crimson tattooing]

"Where is old clanky anyways?" a young lady of unearthly beauty idly wonders, straightening back up and continuing to let her parasol twirl lazily over her shoulder. "I mean, if it is -his-. He can at least make it more presentable..." she laments, expression crinkling with displeasure. "It goes with nothing," she sighs, so sadly that it may in fact be a tragedy. She addresses a smile toward a lithe Tubori boy with untidy red hair which veers very far on the side of unsettling. [a young lady of unearthly beauty]

"Stay here, Jemven Lynilin," The Sovereign coos without much actual sincerity behind it. She lounges back in her throne, and seems to realize to a young lady of unearthly beauty, "It would -infuriate- him if this one promised himself to me." [The Sovereign]

"What happened to the other soul that I possessed?", a lithe Tubori boy with untidy red hair asks, planting his knees on the floor but peering downwards still, missing most of the smiles sent his way. He places a hand over a bestial eye made from swirls on the back of the left hand and mutters, "I will stay, he did not fulfil his promise to me so I cannot serve him.." [a lithe Tubori boy with untidy red hair]

"You waste so much time with all your petty feuds," a tall, muscular man covered in crimson tattooing carps with a roll of his crimson eyes. "And he has all of those pathetic delusions of grandeur. He would claim everyone who happened to so much as mouth his name in passing. Let me play with him," he addresses The Sovereign, abruptly. "I'll break him in for you. Once I'm done, he'll have forgotten everything he knew about disloyalty and ambition. The perfect servant. Docile. Malleable." His nose wrinkles in disdain at untidy's words. "...Mannerly." [a tall, muscular man covered in crimson tattooing]

A young lady of unearthly beauty giggles, although the sound seems strangely at odds with the ravenous glint in her eyes. "Oh, what a sad day he is not here to hear this, it would drive him -spare-," she laughs, apparently taking a great deal of delight in that image. She leans forward, her face closer to a lithe Tubori boy with untidy red hair, and the shade of her parasol enveloping them both. "Tut tut tut, little red thing. That was not polite at all. We do not owe you anything; you should know this by now," she instructs him with a benevolent smile. A tendril of shade detaches itself from the mass and idly toys with a lock of red hair.

"Fine, but he's still mine," The Sovereign answers a tall, muscular man covered in crimson tattooing, resting her cheek on one of four palms; a free hand reaches over and grabs a faceted crystal sphere, a white sandstorm swirling within so she can peer into it. "If he can't be redeemed, he can go play with Tatou. What say you, Jemven?" She tilts her head to one side. "You can go dance with shadows down in my court, or you can stay with us." [The Sovereign]

"My fate is in your hands, don't give me the illusion of making it appear as if I have a choice..", a lithe Tubori boy with untidy red hair mutters with a tense: and body, when a young lady of unearthly beauty envelops him with the parasol, he is obviously fighting off the urge to move away while lifting his eyes to peer towards a tall, muscular man covered in crimson tattooing and then to The Sovereign, "We don't... have to break me.. I won't show any form of ambition.. but it is.. your choice." [a lithe Tubori boy with untidy red hair]

A person thinks, "My life has come to a definitive end. Centuries of bondage all ahead of me.. but what happened to Yra?"

A soft tsk escapes a tall, muscular man covered in crimson tattooing. "Oh, child," he breathes. "Your disrespect... you have so very much to learn. I will prepare you for the Sovereign, until the idea of addressing your betters with such rudeness will horrify you as deeply as it does us. I am, above all, a teacher. Master. Disciplinarian. And you know what they say..." He glides forward from the wall, moving with a grace and speed utterly inhuman in every detail, and bends down over a lithe Tubori boy with untidy red hair from his great height. A hand lifts, aiming to transfix his jaw in the grip of cruelly iron strength - and force his gaze upward to meet those crimson eyes. "Spare the rod, spoil the child. Now, shall we begin?" [a tall, muscular man covered in crimson tattooing]

A young lady of unearthly beauty straightens again, very suddenly looking bored, and strolls away with a swish of skirts, deciding to go perch again onto the end of her chaise. From where she sits - and probably notably behind a tall, muscular man covered in crimson tattooing's back - she wordlessly echoes the speech with a petulant expression. She draws in a huffy breath and sulks underneath her parasol. "Well he -bores- me, you can all have him," she decides.

The Sovereign just waves a dismissive hand over at a tall, muscular man covered in crimson tattooing and a lithe Tubori boy with untidy red hair; out of habit, she looks at the hand that normally holds up her mirror and there's a brief ripple of anger when she realizes it's still missing. "You should consider yourself fortunate, Jemven Lynilin. Most others aren't special enough to even try to last in my domain." Indeed, it becomes more obvious that none of the courtiers in the ballroom are real people; they're just projections.

With his jaws locked by a tall, muscular man covered in crimson tattooing's grip, the fear that had faded away from a lithe Tubori boy with untidy red hair's eyes returns, the color of his skin going pale as he attempts to struggle against the grip but to no avail. He sends a pleading glance towards The Sovereign, a young lady of unearthly beauty and any of those projections close enough to him before looking back at a tall, muscular man covered in crimson tattooing himself, "Pleath! We don't have to do this! I'll learn being respectful, I swear..." [a lithe Tubori boy with untidy red hair]

"Oh, of course we don't -have- to do this, Jemven Lynilin," a tall, muscular man covered in crimson tattooing agrees almost pleasantly, leaning in close until those wide, wide rows of shining white teeth might nearly become the world. "You misunderstand, my new servant. We -want- to." [a tall, muscular man covered in crimson tattooing]

A tall, muscular man covered in crimson tattooing says OOCly, "And now, the most well-deserved fade to black in the history of the world..."

A lithe Tubori boy with untidy red hair is slain by a tall, muscular man covered in crimson tattooing!
A lithe Tubori boy with untidy red hair hits the ground ... DEAD.

Silrie

Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:45 am

Such a sad, awesome scene!

• Information