Women of Urth Paperdolls

Post logs, pictures, poetry and more. (Please request the permission of others before posting logs about their characters. Thank you!)

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Chuckabeth

Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:46 pm

I know this is a little bit silly, but since I was a girl I loved paper dolls. I also loved dressing up paper dolls online, in any one of the huge amount of paper doll games you can find on the web. I especially love Azalea's Dolls, which have good art and are quite versatile. The one downside is you can't really change body types, but I decided to use her program to makes some dolls that look like different women from Urth! I was going off the descriptions from the main site and they probably aren't terribly accurate, but it did really helped me visualize them all. Tell me what you think!

Lithmore

Vavard

Vandagan

Farin

Tubor

Hills

Charalin

Voxumo
Discord Handle: Voxumo#7925

Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:32 pm

You know, I would probably say these are fairly accurate... except the tubori. The attire and the skin tone just don't seem to really... well it's not exactly how I, keyword, I have always imagined/played tubori. To me they just going off of what is shown here, would have clothing similar to the Charalin, aka pants and tunic, given they are mostly seafaring folks, and a skin tone closer to the vandagan. But aside from that one thing, absolutely love these.

*Won't mention the fact that the poor daravi get no love*
Lurks the Forums

Pixie

Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:05 pm

Daravi

Voxumo

Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:26 pm

Pixie wrote:Image

Daravi
That quite literately made me chuckle.
Lurks the Forums

Chuckabeth

Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:28 pm

xD There was no Daravi description!

Voxumo

Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:49 pm

Chuckabeth wrote:xD There was no Daravi description!
Well technically there is... but it's hidden among text and doesn't really stand out as much as the other races pages... Daravi don't really have that much information available for them, which makes playing one very, very difficult.
The Daravi are generally said to be dark of skin, similar to the people of Farin, but different in dress, as they tend to clad themselves in flowing robe-like clothing and turbans suitable to their desert kingdom. It is said amongst scholars and veteran soldiers that the Daravi speak none of the civilised tongues prevalent in the kingdom, and instead speak a language closer to that of the Charali.
Lurks the Forums

Chuckabeth

Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:15 pm

Voxumo wrote:
Chuckabeth wrote:xD There was no Daravi description!
Well technically there is... but it's hidden among text and doesn't really stand out as much as the other races pages... Daravi don't really have that much information available for them, which makes playing one very, very difficult.
The Daravi are generally said to be dark of skin, similar to the people of Farin, but different in dress, as they tend to clad themselves in flowing robe-like clothing and turbans suitable to their desert kingdom. It is said amongst scholars and veteran soldiers that the Daravi speak none of the civilised tongues prevalent in the kingdom, and instead speak a language closer to that of the Charali.
Huh! I could have sworn I'd never read that. Good to know!

Voxumo

Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:59 pm

Chuckabeth wrote:Huh! I could have sworn I'd never read that. Good to know!
It's on the daravi race page on the main website, third paragraph from the bottom. As I said, it is rather hidden so not surprised.
Lurks the Forums

Cellan

Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:02 pm

I'd say that the necklines for the Vavardi and Vandagan are meant to be switched. Also, the Farin still wear skirts--just split ones! Otherwise, love the Lithmorran one :)

Temi

Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:29 am

This looked like so much fun I thought I'd give it a try. I searched some of their various makers to find some options that offered some of the things I was looking for.

Vavard, Lithmore & Vandago

Tubor

Farin

Charali & Hillman

• Information