The Nipple Affair, or how I learned to stop worrying and love the Noble

Post logs, pictures, poetry and more. (Please request the permission of others before posting logs about their characters. Thank you!)

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Rothgar

Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:51 am

Stumbling a bit as he enters in thru the doorway, Smith gives a halfhearted wave to those gathered before going over to the bar, cocking a brow at the options and resting himself for a moment. "...Summat tae eat is prolly gonna be fer the best." Smith murmurs, before brightening up a bit, turning his gaze to Akatar. He lets loose a lopsided grin. "Ey, professor. Wots tha good word? Yeh draw a crowd already then?" He asks, keeping himself standing as he leans on the bar before him.

A sylph of ash-silk hair and smokey topaz skin's attention drifts to Akatar when Smith addresses him as 'professor,' but she remains as quiet as she's been since she and her entourage arrived.

Akatar turns back with an appologetic frown to a slim, blonde-haired woman. "It does, yea. Though I must admit it does weigh heavily on my heart to hear that such a terrible thing would happen to someone as fair as you." offers a slim, blonde-haired woman a faint smile, with a hand pressed on his chest to express the weight on his heart.

Shakes her head. "Oh, no, please. I ... it happened before I was born." a slim, blonde-haired woman says to Akatar, blushing faintly. [a slim, blonde-haired woman]

Braiden asks of those gathered, "Would it be wrong of me to wish to see Barric, once more? His father and my father did know each other, and he at times would speak to me of adventures he and his family had been upon, since they did travel so much more." He looks dejected, pensive even.

"Bloody abyss, yeh gawt all these wommen witcha, but yeh tellin' them sobbin tales." Smith tells Akatar, giving a murmur of deep thanks as he's brought what appears to be a thick stew. "Lord be praised. Bless dis mess." He states, before starting to tear into the meal before him. "Mmnf hell em bout yer tuunges an stoff," Smith manages to get out to Akatar over bites of his stew.

A slim, blonde-haired woman smiles and shakes her head, saying, "I'm not that intelligent. I just speak big words."

Braiden turns to Eilene. "Miss, what is your judgement, Should I speak to a priest? or leave it to be the mind thinking of better days..."
Braiden adds, "Surely I wish not to die so young..."

"It's not wrong to miss your friends, Braiden... But it's better to do all that you can to let them go" Akatar says turning to Braiden. "Though, I understand wanting to see them again. But please, for your sake... Don't dwell on it too much." [Akatar]

A slim, blonde-haired woman turns and smiles to Braiden. "Just in case, I'd seek a priest's council."

"Ee can speak in -seven- bloody languages, this man can." Smith says of Akatar, -clearly- over the rations that he was totally eating, and not the stew that he couldn't afford. "Read an' write 'em an' all that good stuff." As he hears things about dying, Smith perks up, giving a grin. "Oi, mate, dun be sad or nuttin - yeh can has a wake fer em. Yeh e'er had one? We 'ad one fer all me mates, too. Bloody stonkin drunk, all tha time, bloody great time an-" Smith goes on for a bit like that to Braiden, nodding a few times. "Lookit, lookit. Less just git some booze 'ere, some bloody food, eh? An' yeh celebrate they lives instead of they deads. Makes tha Urth better. 'Cept fer the next mornin. That ent fun. Ss why ah dun stop drinkin, tha hangover 'd kill me."

Braiden sighs. "In a way it seems wrong. to view my friend as the coming of my death...but I suppose it is true that stranger and darker things have happened."

Braiden turns to Smith, seeming taken aback. "Oh, umm...sir, I'm afraid it is just a dream I speak of. He is at peace now, but it was truely difficult to think of him I must admit."

Seeming to be in her thoughts, a slim, blonde-haired woman sucks on her lower lip quietly, expression thoughtful as she stares out the door of the inn. [a slim, blonde-haired woman]

Akatar chuckles a but as Smith brags about him, waving a hand in a seemingly shy dismissive air. "It's really not that impressive" he says.

"-Bloody -kill- fer a damn roll 'o tabac-" Smith looks up as Braiden speaks with him, seemingly unawares that he'd actually been addressed. "Wossat? Oh, mate, dun worry 'bout none of that, eh, bloody shame that - but ey, ya know, booze, wot. Ah mean, ah dun mean tae -imply- anything, but at the bloody Hollow Globe they gots like... Eight bloody casks 'o wine, juss -sittin- out inna open, mate. Could just nip in there an' get -mighty- drunk. Farin excused, 'o course. Ah know yeh folks is a bit queer 'bout it."

A slim, blonde-haired woman blinks at Smith, trying to decifer what he said. After a moment of thought, she giggles. "I got drunk on wine once. Never again." she says to Smith.

A sylph of ash-silk hair and smokey topaz skin glances up at Smith, just briefly, and offhandedly mentions to Ivan - "Goodness, what a rowdy gentleman," but the tavern itself is generally noisy and boisterous enough that she doesn't pay it mind beyond that. Ivan, who is beautiful by the way, cocks a crooked grin.

Coloring slightly, Braiden shakes his head at Smith, his tail of hair swinging and the beads about his clothing clicking together from time to time. "No no, I do not think drinking would help. It would set the body off balance? I do not know...maybe I should see a healer..." [Braiden]

Akatar turns and nods at a sylph of ash-silk hair and smokey topaz skin in agreement. " Yes ma'am. Seems lots of people have gathered here today " he says.

Pointing a finger over to a slim, blonde-haired woman and giving her a big, toothy grin, Smith nods a few times. "There we go, this wumman's on point, she's pickin up wot we're layin down, mate." Smith tells no one in particular, running his hand through his hair, nodding a few times. "If there's one thing ah learned, professor - an yeh can quote me on this'un. One thing ah learned? Life too short. Too bloody short, yeh know? Iffen yeh gonna do somethin, yeh gotta... Just own it, mate." Smith tells Akatar, giving him a little grin as he looks over to a sylph of ash-silk hair and smokey topaz skin. He doesn't say anything, but the eyes tell a different story, it seems.

Braiden murmurs, "Maybe I am just ill, after all this weather is horrible."

A slim, blonde-haired woman grins at Smith, but notices his eyes. Trying to pretend she hasn't, she giggles. "I was sick for a day. I had a hangover and couldn't go out to gather herbs. Mother was so angry with me." Turning to Braiden, she smiles. "It is rather cold. I do miss the warmer months..."

A sylph of ash-silk hair and smokey topaz skin turns a little, and looks surprised when Akatar replies to her. "Pardon? People have what?" Her Batarostran accent perhaps adds a severity to her words that she may not intend (but is there nonetheless). She takes a moment to regard the man, as do her companions.

Braiden nods to Smith, then remarks to a slim, blonde-haired woman. "to be truthful, maybe I would sleep better...though..." He sighs, gesturing to a serving wench asking, "Ale if you would, perhaps it will help me with this terrible problem. If it is indeed terrible."

Akatar look at a slim, blonde-haired woman with a slight grin. "I can only imagine what kind of person you'd be under the influence of alcohol.. " he trails off, thinking.

A slim, blonde-haired woman coughs slightly and turns to the serving winch, asking, "Ale for me too, please?"

"Well, 'ss the beauty 'o tha Urth. Weather outside is shite, now, but then it gets real damn warm an' nice, errythin start openin' up an' the like..." Smith states, clearing his throat and tapping at his chest a bit, looking down to his food and suddenly recalling what he came in here to do. He takes a bite of the rations and takes a breath, wincing as he struggles to down the most of it in a single go. "Mmnf uulldy foogl funnhl pphhhf." He states, before swallowing hard, letting out a cough, and nodding a few times. "Bloody right, feckin ale'd go down ah treat at the moment; yeh ent e'en introducalized me tae yer friends, professor-" Turning an eye to a sylph of ash-silk hair and smokey topaz skin, Smith thinks for a moment before speaking up. "Said a lotta folks 'ere today. Pardon. Juss sayin."

Akatar turns back to a sylph of ash-silk hair and smokey topaz skin and tries to repeat himself " Gathered, Ma'am " he pauses, thinking about what he's said. "Did I say that right? Did I say 'gathered'?" He askes, a bit unsure.

A slim, blonde-haired woman shakes her head, scarf nearly falling out of her hair as she sips a stout, bulky mug filled with a dark heavy ale delicately, then coughs a little. "Strong stuff."

"Yes," a sylph of ash-silk hair and smokey topaz skin confirms. "That is the word." She casts a sideways glance at a slim, blonde-haired woman as she had when Akatar had initially quipped aside to her. His Lady's tones notably becoming clipped, Ivan leans over and quietly reminds Akatar, "This is the Countess Batarostra. To us, she is 'my Lady'." [a sylph of ash-silk hair and smokey topaz skin]

Akatar give a slim, blonde-haired woman an amused look as she drinks . He then turns his head to meet Ivan with a look of horror "I-I'm sorry. Did I not address her correctly?"

A slim, blonde-haired woman turns her attention to a sylph of ash-silk hair and smokey topaz skin when she feels her staring at her. "My lady? Did you ... need anything?"

"Holy -shite,- ss two inna -day.-" Smith says, knocking an elbow with Akatar, motioning over to a sylph of ash-silk hair and smokey topaz skin. "Bloke said tha wumman were a bloody -Noble- mate, you ought tae see iffen she need someone tae write letters fer 'er an' all that jazz mate, Arien bloody Dav." Smith seems to be positively amazed that a sylph of ash-silk hair and smokey topaz skin is a real-life Noble, eyes travelling over to her. "Bloody Arien mate, doff yer damn hat an' start bowin' an callin' 'er M'Lady, 'ere, lookit-" And, in a moment, Smith does just that. Forgetting his meal for the moment, Smith takes off his hat, places it over his heart, bows and gives a quiet, "My Lady," much like an actual human being would. "Bloody veils mate, she's prolly got some money, you should up an' talk wit'er-" He whispers over to Akatar. "-Seven bloody tongues mate, gotta come in handy sometime."

His eyebrows shooting upwards, Braiden gives Smith an indignant look. "Yes, the lady is a noble, and for you to... to say such things to..." He cuts off. "Is this..." He struggles to communicate his shock at Smith frankness, before shaking his head. [Braiden]

A sylph of ash-silk hair and smokey topaz skin opens her mouth, perhaps to answer Akatar - but she looks a little awestruck as Smith seems to so loudly and effectively explain the entire situation for her. Or perhaps she needs a moment to navigate his accent, given her own thickly Vandagan pronunciation. When he takes off his hat, she puts her hands over her mouth and looks much as one would if a man decided to greet them by slowly and casually lifting up their shirt to expose a single nipple.

A slim, blonde-haired woman looks first amazed, then agaust, then downright stupified as Smith just screams out to the entire tavern and then some. She downs a stout, bulky mug filled with a dark heavy ale, her eyes wide and a little frightened.

Braiden stands abruptly, the ale and conversaton forgotten as he makes his way for the door, quickly deciding that Smith has done something that scandalizes even himself. "My lady," he stammers, bowing then standing and giving Smith one final open mouthed gawk before whriling and heading for the door, nodding to a slim, blonde-haired woman, and Akatar.

"You've got me sorries, M'Lady, me and me friend here was caught flat foot. If you'd be kind enough to excuse-" He looks at the hand in his hand and gives a wince and a soft curse, clearing his throat and turning his head aside for a moment. "...Right, that's fer Tubori. Uhm. Mebbe if you'd 'scuse me to leave, M'Lady. Prolly fer the best. All things equal." [Smith]

"I... " Akatar trails off as he watches the scene, appearing to be in shock. [Akatar]

A sylph of ash-silk hair and smokey topaz skin's cheeks flush, and fortunately Ivan seems to have enough authority to wave Smith a dismissal in her place. "My kiaodiovd!" a sylph of ash-silk hair and smokey topaz skin exclaims. "Y-you will apologize and leave here!" She demands, perhaps a little too late.

Braiden pauses nearing the door, looking ramrod straight his posture rigid as the scene seems to deteriate into a new scandal. "This...it is only mysecond day in the city and I have seen insane children and now, this man," he gestures to Smith, "baring himself in such a manner..."

Braiden murmurs, " I am much to young for these things, am I not? "

Giving a word of thanks to Ivan, and a wink to Akatar, Smith grabs his hat in his hands, quickly making his way for the door, a wild sort of grin on his face. "Yeh gawt every apology I gawt, M'Lady, all an' erry one of 'em, ah promise yeh-" Smith quickly quashes the grin and assumes one of dogged determination to show shame as he rounds at the door and bows deeply, head almost touching the ground. "-Abscondin' an' yeh got erry apology that ah gots, an' ahm deeply sorry fer me drunkness an' all of it, an' ahm leavin right now." As he slips out the door, Smith shakes his head to Braiden and gives a parting, "No sir, yeh aint," before he goes - assuming, of course, that he's not stopped before he goes.

Braiden can't help but stand slack jawed at the scene, his gaze flicking over to a sylph of ash-silk hair and smokey topaz skin.

A sylph of ash-silk hair and smokey topaz skin also chokes out something about "Tubori morals," as she begins to at least regain enough control to spit orders at people; she demands of Akatar, "And you will apologize to the blonde lady," gesturing at a slim, blonde-haired woman, "for your indecorous alcohol remark!" And when Braiden and Smith start to speak that foul islander tongue in her presence, her cheeks only flush further. "And you will speak the Queen's in front of me -- in the Queen's, of all places!"

Braiden flushes, and quickly stammer out to a sylph of ash-silk hair and smokey topaz skin, "My apologies my lady," he bows apologeticly.

A slim, blonde-haired woman looks shocked all over again as a sylph of ash-silk hair and smokey topaz skin mentions her. She gives a small curtsy in the sitting position and blushes deeply, though doesn't say a word.

Akatar turns to a slim, blonde-haired woman as order, bowing deeply. "I-I-I'm sorry if my humor was offensive" he says with a look of horror on his face.

A slim, blonde-haired woman nods her head, still looking like she's been thrown under a carriage. "A... Apology accepted...."

A black-haired man with light bronze eyes looks up from a few papers he'd been quietly reading over, finally seeming to be broken from whatever focus he was in by the yelling. He turns in his chair to glance around room, and a brief flicker of amusement lightens his expression, though he keeps his silence.

A black-haired man with light bronze eyes slowly turns back to his folder, one hand lifting to gather the papers neatly inside before he closes it and slides it into his bag. [Hidden]

A slim, blonde-haired woman looks over at Wesley, eyes open wide, before she bows her head respectfully and just sits there, looking like a deer caught in a hunter's sights.

"Yes M'lady, you is absolutely, hunred an' ten percent right-" Smith starts, looking over to a slim, blonde-haired woman, giving her a bow of his head and a hand over his heart. "-An yeh've gawt all me apologies, Miss, an' e'en though them ent enuff yeh've gawt em all-" Smith is halfway out the door, at this point, one foot keeping the portal open as he keeps on apologizing -remarkably- profusely, considering what filth came out of his mouth a moment earlier. "-An' yeh all gawt me apologies fer bein' drunk een public, an' thass me own mistake an' yeh've me word that fastin' 'll be tha first thing ah do to e'en start 'pologizin tae the Lord 'o tha Springs, first an' foremost-" Another centimeter out the door as he keeps on spouting apologies.

"The manners in this city," a sylph of ash-silk hair and smokey topaz skin enunciates, mostly to her nearest companion, who is now Izara. "I will have your name!" she calls over at Smith. [a sylph of ash-silk hair and smokey topaz skin]

"M'lady that is absolutely within yeh right tae demand 'o me as ah Noble tae ah Freeman M'lady, yeh absolutely correct M'lady an' let me begin this by sayin' me manners is nawt what ees proper an' ah promise that ah'll be workin' on em wif Red, who's me mate within tha Order upon em," Smith states in utmost apology - though the progress of his foot is stopped when a sylph of ash-silk hair and smokey topaz skin calls his attentions once again. "Me name is Smith, M'lady, an' that's me name known around 'ere; ahm an' old vet'rin, M'lady, an' me manners ees nawt up tae par, but yeh've me utmost 'pology fer such ah show, yeh must un'stand that seein' one 'o such Noble blood ees tha biggest shock tae me, M'lady, specially one sae wise an' forgivin' as yehself M'lady - yeh ab'lutely righ' that me manners is nawt tae inspect, M'lady, an' ah'll be workin 'ard on em, yeh've me word assa Smith, yes M'lady, that much is very very true." Smith states in no uncertain terms. Or, at least, they would be, were they much intellgible at all.

Braiden just stands there, only managing to utter. "I just wanted to sleep...now I am caught again, by....I should've gone to the priest...."

A slim, blonde-haired woman just sits there, barely breatheing, afraid to take a breath and also afraid she'll either get yelled at or ordered to prostrate herself, so instead, she is a good girl and sits there, ever courtious.

And a sylph of ash-silk hair and smokey topaz skin clearly has no idea what Smith is going on about, but she has to save face - so she tilts her head back a little and tries to look satisfied with this apology(?). Ivan leans over in her direction and begins to say, "Haizea," but she lifts a hand and he silences himself. "Make yourself scarce, Smith, I was hoping to find myself in far too good a mood this day to order too many a lashing." [a sylph of ash-silk hair and smokey topaz skin]

Braiden looks even more stunned at the mention of lashings, his eyes lancing over to a sylph of ash-silk hair and smokey topaz skin. "B-but my lady...." is all he can manage before snapping his mouth shut.

Akatar nudges a slim, blonde-haired woman gently with his elbow and leans over to her, whispering into her " T.ink maybe we sho.ld get out of h..e? "

A slim, blonde-haired woman turns her attention to Braiden, raching up to put a hand over her mouth, effectively shushing him. Her eyes are wide and almost look terrified, but when Akatar whispers to her, she turns and cuffs his ear with a hand.

"Abslutely, M'lady, yeh've me thanks on that one, yeh very forgivin' an' Noble, M'lady, very muchly so an' ah'll make certain tae tell me mates 'o how forgivin' yeh is." Smith says as he begins his sideways sidle out the door once again, nodding more and more as he clears his throat and nudges Braiden on the way - it'd probably be a great idea to leave the Noble be, for the moment. "An' yeh've me word as an engineer 'o the Lithmorran Army that ah'll improve me manners, M'lady, thank'ee fer tha op'tun'ty tae abscond wit' me skin, M'lady, ss very forgivin' 'o yeh-"

A sylph of ash-silk hair and smokey topaz skin turns her steely-silver gaze on Braiden at "but," and visibly trying to rein in her incredulity, she asks him - "I am sorry, is there a problem with that?" She folds her hands crisply in front of herself and waits for an answer. She waits, so intensely, for this answer.

"no, no. please, my lady..." Braiden puts his hands up in a placating warding gesture, stammering, 'I spoke out of turn and also out of fright please forgive me." He bows once, then a second time. "My apologies my lady." He bows a third time, before keeping his head down in deference to a sylph of ash-silk hair and smokey topaz skin. [Braiden]

Now that the attention is no longer on him, Smith looks like he's ready to go and leave this all behind. He finally makes it out the cracked door - not before giving one last look back and letting a wink loose for Akatar's benefit from the protective shield that is the door to the Queen's.
Rothgar Astartes, Fyurii Rynnya, Nils 'Smith' Mattias, Edward Darson, Curos Arents.

Applesauce

Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:55 am

• Information