Checkup: Knight/Order Merger

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:33 pm

Leech wrote:
But I would like to kindly ask that people don't copy my personal board notes into public domain as a matter of courtesy.
My bad. Sorry!

No worries! :)

Also, I appreciate discussion on the matter. After reading everything, I'm still in favor of a split.

Applesauce

Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:59 pm

Zeita wrote:a) do want to keep them as one guild and b) can't have guildleader display 4 leaders for the guild
Can't we do that? Maybe the guildleader command should just list everyone who has the leader flag in each guild, in descending order of Promote rank. In most cases, this will only be the GLs, so that solves the Order's 4 GL issue. You'll see all four leaders and their corresponding ranks.

In other cases where someone has been given a leader tag despite a lower rank, I think it still makes sense to show them on the guildleader command because they have the power to enlist, and inherently have some amount of trust on part of the GLs so that they can either handle whatever question you have for them, or help get it in front of the proper GLs.

Zeita

Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:31 pm

Applesauce wrote:
Zeita wrote:a) do want to keep them as one guild and b) can't have guildleader display 4 leaders for the guild
Can't we do that? Maybe the guildleader command should just list everyone who has the leader flag in each guild, in descending order of Promote rank. In most cases, this will only be the GLs, so that solves the Order's 4 GL issue. You'll see all four leaders and their corresponding ranks.

In other cases where someone has been given a leader tag despite a lower rank, I think it still makes sense to show them on the guildleader command because they have the power to enlist, and inherently have some amount of trust on part of the GLs so that they can either handle whatever question you have for them, or help get it in front of the proper GLs.
It was my understanding that 4 gls couldn't be shown, but I -do- like having guildleader work as you've described. The command is basically a 'here are your movers and shakers and who you need to go to to get guilded'. Hopefully that is doable, staff? :)

• Information