[Poll] How interesting is the grid (city zones, etc) for RP?

Talk about anything TI here! Also include suggestions for the game, website, and these forums.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

How interesting is the grid (city zones, etc) for RP?

Poll ended at Sat May 02, 2015 11:50 pm

Awesome (Best of Breed for RP)
55%
Good (Pretty Good)
45%
Average (Playable)
No votes
Poor (Boring)
No votes
Awful (Bored to tears)
No votes

Total votes: 11
Gerolf

Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:02 pm

So.... I am going to be "that guy"

I love the map! I really do and wouldn't change anything about it but I do have one problem with it. It is almost too big and in-depth.

Now this is a good problem to have, certainly, and it makes exploration more interesting, but at the same time we have a lot of redundant rooms that see little or no use. The courtroom is an example. To be honest, most of Town Hall. The Guild offices on the second floor are used mostly by the Knights, because their other office is clear out at the keep, and the Bards. All of the other guilds have offices closer to their HQs.

It is a hard to say what the right balance is and I am certainly not advocating removing anything but honestly I would like to see more RP that utilizes the rooms we already have.

Scotty

Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:04 pm

I would love to see, and help desc an area for mages, like a common communal for all mages to visit and have mage related things there, maybe an awesome magecrafting store, or whatever. Not the Manus made over, just like the religious dens, but for mages! :D

Applesauce

Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:25 pm

Gambling is one of the things I've wanted to get more into. There used to be card games under the Three Cups that went really well, and I think there's a lot that can be done ICly with just the existing dice/roll commands.

If dice games are coded or made into room or mob progs, then that might remove the ability of someone to ICly take advantage of the "house edge" as the person running the games. I guess it depends on how it's coded, but since rostered managers don't get paid for mobshop sales, I assume even if someone could manage a prog gambling house they wouldn't get the house money.

I would prefer sticking to PC gaming in that regard, but obviously then you run into times where no one wants to run stuff. Maybe some sort of mixture, where coded games implement a greater house edge so that it's preferable to play with PCs when you can? I'd be glad to consult =)

Delilah

Fri May 01, 2015 12:01 pm

The courtroom has been used in the past, and if I recall right that whole rp really weighed on the players negatively. It may have simply been the cause of the trial, but.. Y'know.

I enjoy all the secret things that are implemented into the grid, there is always something to find. :D

Geras

Tue May 05, 2015 3:36 pm

Scotty wrote:I would love to see, and help desc an area for mages, like a common communal for all mages to visit and have mage related things there, maybe an awesome magecrafting store, or whatever. Not the Manus made over, just like the religious dens, but for mages! :D
Want.

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Thu May 21, 2015 4:31 pm

An area for mages that is obviously labeled as such, etc, would fly in the face of theme. The closest you'll get to stuff like that are abandoned buildings with hints of mage activity.

Geras

Mon May 25, 2015 11:24 am

:cry:

Famine

Wed May 27, 2015 9:05 am

I'm still new and haven't fully explored everything just yet. So, I didn't vote.

But, from what I've seen, I like some of the detail. I just feel that a lot of other detail is kind of missing such as more objects, more NPC's and so forth.

For example: more benches, crates, garbage, ETC.

Even more NPC's would be great too. Even those on walk scripts and more to really bring out the life if that life exists in those areas.

I think the big thing for me is I'm a bit picky on world building. I feel the current descriptions and so forth are great. The structure is also great. I just don't feel there is much life to be found. I don't feel the detail in objects in the rooms I've been in support that life either.

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:49 pm

Thanks for that feedback!

Folks, what do you think about what Famine has to say? Would you like more scripts and NPCs giving a sense of "life" to the grid? What things would make it feel more dynamic to you?

At the minimum, most NPCs probably ought to notice players, even if they ignore them thereafter.

Takta

Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:59 pm

I personally am not a fan of those kind of things; they feel unnecessary and cluttered to me. The pedestrian mobs we have now are irritating to me when they walk through scenes - they're just another source of spam - and having coded items that echo what's in the desc simply feels redundant at best.

• Information