Tremere

Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:14 pm

Kinaed wonders, "Today's Agenda:

- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics

Does anyone want to add to the agenda to make sure we talk about anything?"

Kinaed has transferred Karrina ab Vazien. [OOC]

Temi gives a patchwork stuffed animal to Karrina ab Vazien.

Karrina ab Vazien sends a heavily muscled, jet black Farin war stallion away.

Karrina ab Vazien takes the stuffed animal and settles down into her rocking chair. "Have I missed anything?"

Kinaed states, "With no one speaking up (feel free to do so throughout), I'll get us started."

[Action: Karrina ab Vazien is sitting in her rocking chair.]

Kinaed claims to Karrina ab Vazien, "Nope, just the usual introduction with the agenda and electing a scribe."

Bryce starts pushing on Karrina ab Vazien's rocking chair.

[Action: Bryce is rocking Karrina ab Vazien in her rocking chair.]

[Action: Nedyra is on the ceiling.]

Kinaed trails off, "This week's update - as you know, I passed Ariel's player the ranged combat spec, which has come back. I've tweaked it a bit, but expect to receive the final version this week. I've submitted the plot command..."

Kinaed points at the book on the floor in the room, "... and have started laying out auxiliary systems to support our idea of a city event system."

Kinaed claims, "Those include a roles system that will replace guild ranks and the game's roster, a city report card (which we'll discuss shortly), and a revamp of the IP system.""

Kinaed states to Azarial, "You're up."

Azarial squeezes a strange stuffed creature, eliciting a strangled 'moo-oink-squawk!'

Azarial claims, "Bugs. icky bugs. read over the plots."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Kinaed muses, "Anything to add?"

Azarial claims, "Amnd the gifty. kind of a slow wek, really. spawncamping crash bugs is tedious."

Kinaed whispers in an aside, "We had a nasty crash bug."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Kinaed claims to Temi, "You're up."

Azarial claims, "But it;s not crashed in almost three days, and I hvae no idea if it is fixed, or if people are not using the specific bit of code making it icky."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Temi states, "I have officially moved! Got the bulk of the effort from that done, though there will till be follow up things... like unpacking boxes."

Azarial states, "Unpacking the cats out of the unpacked boxes."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Temi states, "But I've gotten back to stuff here... resuming work on jeweling, starting to create the items for you guys to mak."
Azarial nods.

Temi nods in agreement with Azarial.

Temi says, "And not a whole lot else so far."

Kinaed claims, "Cool, I'm looking forward to seeing the new jewelling."

Kinaed states to Nedyra, "You're up."

Azarial nudges Nedyra with a patchwork stuffed animal.

Bryce ties Nedyra to the post.

Nedyra states, "Sorry. was in multiple windows."

Bryce pours oil on Nedyra.

Nedyra states, "Guild splitting is a thing. Order, knights, now work entirely separately."

Bryce lights the oil, the flames catching quickly.

Nedyra says, "There should be little actual complication with that, but if there is, I'm around."

Azarial calls the flames and shapes a few more ghost flames.

Azarial muses, "Were those mprogs resolved?"

Gerolf questions, "From the Order side it is going fine, Karrina?"

Nedyra claims, "Most of them. I need to rewrite a few of them from scratch, just because they're icky pieces of ick."

Azarial nods.

Nedyra says, "And some of them are rendered redundant, because xblocks."

Azarial states, "I really should find some time for dg scripts"

Zeita von Zarrova has lost link.

Zeita von Zarrova has reconnected.

Karrina ab Vazien says, "We were just having problems with the mobs and x-blocks at the keep."

Bryce nods, " Guards are meanies!"

Nedyra claims, "Beyond that, I almost officially owe my soul to the government for school, so my activity may or may not be shortly reduced. but I'll still be around."

Nedyra states, "And that's me over with."

Kinaed nods.

Kinaed says to Nedyra, "THanks :)"

Karrina ab Vazien says, "I still miss the one guard in the tower flirting with me."

Kinaed claims to Xinoe, "You're up, Xinoe."

Gerolf has lost link.

Xinoe says, "This past week I logged:
3 typos fixed
2 requests finished
10 recommendations processed
3 building jobs completed

There were a lot more recommends that came in which other staff took care of. So I just wanted to take a moment and say thank you for recognizing your fellows, it's really awesome of you. Remember that we determine reward amounts based on the information you provide so consider looking at help recommendations again if you haven't recently, and refreshing your understanding of the criteria."

Gerolf has reconnected.

Nedyra claims to Karrina ab Vazien, "He'll be back. He just needs a little more sensitivity training."

Xinoe says, "I've finished with the king's forest, I hope! It may take a little while for the forest to repopulate but it's open to the public again. I also reflagged all the phomes with the new phome flag and started updating helpfiles to standardize how information is presented. This week I hope to put up a first draft for Papercrafting. That's my update."

Bryce queries to Xinoe, "Will deer and inappropriate animals still climb trees? Which reminds me, there were random 'arriving from above' animals about a week and a half ago"

Xinoe claims, "Sorry, done! Was the last line."

Kinaed claims to Bryce, "That's probably the mobs wandering out of a chute."

Xinoe nods at Bryce.

Kinaed muses, "Okay, I think that wraps up staff updates. Player Heartbeat. How's RP everyone?"

Kinaed has transferred Jocelyn le Decori. [OOC]

Emma ab Courtland declaims, "Great!"

Kinaed states, "Oh, good to hear."

Bryce claims to Kinaed, "Still weird when you and another are icly drunk and going hunting and they start appearing out of nowhere *sage nod*"
Temi gives a patchwork stuffed animal to Jocelyn le Decori.

Kinaed grins at Bryce.

Kinaed claims to Temi, "I wonder if people are mostly afk."

say good. I am writing a book and I got brynieve to proofread it for me icly

Tomas claims, "Good. I am writing a book and I got brynieve to proofread it for me icly"

Kinaed says to Tomas, "Nice :)"

Bryce nods, " RP is good on both characters, I'm surprised at how mmuch fun I'm having with bryce."

say before I toss it to staff to approve

Tomas says, "Before I toss it to staff to approve"

Azarial was moving the baby off grandma.

Karrina ab Vazien trails off to Nedyra, "It was a she..."

Kinaed smiles.

Jocelyn le Decori needs to write a ic book. Yup.

Kinaed says, "Well, excited to hear that RP is looking good."

Zeita von Zarrova states, "Somewhat slow week for me this week. Busy with work."

Zeita von Zarrova starts writing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Kinaed nods at Zeita von Zarrova.

Temi grins.

Azarial claims, "Sorry. arriving from above are likely entering form the mob chutes to properly randomize their density"

Zeita von Zarrova finishes her note.

Nedyra claims, "Of course, you could always just get fall-down drunk and play off like it's raining deer. *nods*"

Kinaed muses, "Okay, well, let's see. Happy to take player topics now, or we can discuss a few things I wanted to run past you guys?"

say I was just curious how woodworking was coming?

Tomas wonders, "I was just curious how woodworking was coming?"

Kinaed queries, "Since I don't have any player topics. Woodworking! Yes. Nedyra, how's woodworking coming?"

Karrina ab Vazien suddenly has the urge to breed like a bunny...

Azarial hides a patchwork stuffed animal.

Jocelyn le Decori says, "Strange.."

Gerolf shakes his head no at Karrina ab Vazien

Nedyra states, "It's a lot of going through what's there, then making it line up with expectations for it. I have stacks-o-notes, plus what I posted on the forums a few weeks ago."

Nedyra states, "It's going about as quickly as a redesign can go, but I expect to start making changes in a week or so."

sayto nedyra cool
Tomas claims to Nedyra, "Cool"

Kinaed states, "My kid's hurt, a sec."

Kinaed has gone AFK.

Emma ab Courtland states, "Eep."

Jocelyn le Decori has lost link.
Jocelyn le Decori has reconnected.

Jocelyn le Decori exclaims, "Poor kiddo!"

Azarial muses, "The d4 caltrops?"

Karrina ab Vazien says, "Those things hurt when you step on them."

Kinaed claims, "Just the right height to be accidentally elbowed in the head by a passing adult."

Kinaed has returned from AFK.

Kinaed nods at Karrina ab Vazien.

say ouch

Tomas claims, "Ouch"

Kinaed nods at Tomas.

Kinaed claims, "She got her hugs, then walked off."

Kinaed questions, "Anything else on people's minds?"

Kinaed says, "Going to share a few posts on the General Board"

Nedyra states, "It's entirely likely you'll see in-game changes to wodworking before you see the effects of seasonality in-game. Just because that second one is going to require I go through most items in the game at some point."

Kinaed starts writing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Kinaed has written a new note, OOC Chat Docs - City Report, on the General board.
Kinaed finishes her note.

Emma ab Courtland muses, "Oh, what's going to change with jeweling?"

Jocelyn le Decori says to Temi, "Did you see my note asking about tailoring bolts, dear? I'm pretty sure you did the tailoring design so I thought to direct the question right at you."

Temi states, "I don't recall that."

Temi says, "I'll check back on it."

Jocelyn le Decori claims, "Alright, no biggie. I posted it.. this morning I think."

Temi says, "Jeweling is being ported over to the new crafting system."

Kinaed says, "Okay, as you all know, we're working on City Events."

Temi states, "The big exciting thing will be the ability to add specific gems and such to things."

Kinaed says, "Staff are discussing giving Lithmore a "report card"."

Emma ab Courtland trails off, "That's exciting..."

Kinaed says to Temi, "Sorry, I should probably hold off until you're done."

Temi nods at Kinaed.

Temi states, "Go on ahead."

Gerolf says, "Until we start failing.."

Zeita von Zarrova gives Gerolf detention.

Nedyra expells Zeita von Zarrova.

Kinaed trails off, "As you know, there's a plot system coming in..."

Kinaed points at the Plot Specification book in the room and encourages everyone to read it.

Zeita von Zarrova burns down the school then!

Kinaed claims, "The other side of this is City Events, which the City Report will sort of play into."

Kinaed states, "Based on how the city is performing in various areas - some suggested ones that we've brainstormed are currently up on the General Board, we intend to say "What is happening in the city". And people can use the plot system to RP about it and get QP, make things happen, etc."

Kinaed states, "Nobles in particular will be given some 'special privilege' over certain aspects of the city metrics, so they can use their backgrounds to affect the city."

Temi nods.

Temi claims, "We're planning something not noble-centric, but they have good ability to get involved in."

Jocelyn le Decori states, "I'm liking this 'nogle' part.. be fun to have some control/influence in stuff about the city/area."

Kinaed says, "What I'm looking for feedback on is whether or not we have the correct metrics there. This system will be similar to the GL Approval system. The game will become a bit about everyone doing their part to keep the city from imploding. Some of those metrics (the ones marked with a guild's name), the guilds will have more influence over, and if an active GL is in the role, the city will get a bonus on that matric."

Jocelyn le Decori claims, "Noble* lol"

Rain says, "I liked nogle."

sayto jocelyn I like the idea too... it will be fun to see
Tomas trails off to Jocelyn le Decori, "I like the idea too... it will be fun to see"

Bryce gets Plot Commands Specification.

sayto rain nogle for those drunk nobles
Tomas claims to Rain, "Nogle for those drunk nobles"

Rain grins.

Nedyra wonders how long before that becomes a label on a brand of booze IC...

Bryce bets 3 days, since you just mentioned it.

Zeita von Zarrova says, "I'm glad that we have a sandbox that both nobles and GLs can play in."

Gerolf states, "I am sure it is already done"

Kinaed questions, "Has everyone read my post on the General Board?"

Zeita von Zarrova claims, "And guilds in general."

Gerolf studies Plot Commands Specification.

Rain questions, "Will there be a way for villainous types to be in on influencing metrics?"

Jocelyn le Decori nods at Kinaed.

Kinaed queries to Rain, "I'd like for one, but I haven't found a way thus far. Any suggestions?"

Zeita von Zarrova says, "And perhaps an incentive to lower them for various reasons."

Zeita von Zarrova says, "Ie, a tangible difference if the crime rate is lower or higher."

Kinaed says, "I think that's pretty tough also."

Kinaed muses to Zeita von Zarrova, "Can you give examples?"

Zeita von Zarrova asks, "How quickly crimes are reported to the Reeves, perhaps?"
Kinaed starts editing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Zeita von Zarrova states, "Or number of reeve mobs around"

Zeita von Zarrova claims, "Re: crime rate."

Kinaed finishes her note.
INFO>
Kinaed has edited the note OOC Chat Docs - City Report (Edited by Kinaed) on the General board.

Emma ab Courtland claims, "If the crime rate got especially high, folks being mugged by unpleasant NPCs might be interesting."

Kinaed nods at Emma ab Courtland.

Zeita von Zarrova claims, "Afk for 10"

Zeita von Zarrova has gone AFK.

Kinaed finishes abruptly, "So the idea there is that we might see something like "Daravi Relations - Pathetic" or "Public Health - Excellent""

Jocelyn le Decori states, "Blarg. I gotta run. :/ Trying to get the furnace working right."

Jocelyn le Decori has gone AFK.

Kinaed says to Jocelyn le Decori, "No worries. Take care. :)"

Jocelyn le Decori has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]

Temi states, "One thing I suggested is that we can lower things for folks for free to go along with stories they run."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kinaed says, "We could probably use some brainstorming with the group as a whole for any code effects of having certain levels of crime, etc, might have."

Kinaed says, "We could probably very easily give the Thieves Guild a bonus in silver if the crime rate is high, for example."

Gerolf questions, "So with regards to religion, will we be bringing peity back?"

Rain says, "I'm not sure there's enough to work with but maybe add social class issues or something? As in, noble concerns are different than gentry are different than freemen. Some of their interests are likely covered by other areas, but station's supposed to be pretty important so you might want to know how content your various castes are within the city."

Emma ab Courtland says, "Could even work with the pvent system... If the crime rate is X or higher, adds new ones in. "You were robbed at knifepoint and it sucked.""

Rain grins at Emma ab Courtland.

Kinaed states, "I'm expecting the staff to put in some descriptive measurements though; this is meant to be sort of the engine for 'what is happening in Lithmore this month'."

Emma ab Courtland curls up on Rain's head.

Temi states, "I was thinking that internal relations would include stuff like class and parts of the city."

Kinaed nods at Emma ab Courtland.

Kinaed says to Emma ab Courtland, "I like that, changing pvents based on city metrics."

Rain nods at Temi.

Rain says, "Cool."

Kinaed has transferred Shaylei le Orban de Roldan. [OOC]

Bryce wonders to Rain, "When will I get a pvent that is 'You were robbed at knife point and it didn't suck'?"

Temi gives a patchwork stuffed animal to Shaylei le Orban de Roldan.

Kinaed claims, "Okay, well, if you think of any additional metrics you think we should add, or think that any of the metrics we currently have should be changed, let us know."

Kinaed says, "So the city scorecard is one of the supporting changes we'll be making."

Rain says, "Brainstorming for crime: if crime is high, a percentage of auto silver to guilds could be diverted to criminal groups. People skimming off the top, that sort of thing."

say I think it could be cool to have some change, but still you know, have some general ones in there just so it isn't all the same thing

Tomas claims, "I think it could be cool to have some change, but still you know, have some general ones in there just so it isn't all the same thing"

Kinaed says to Rain, "I like that."

Kinaed says to Tomas, "I assume you mean with regards to pvents - I agree there; I wouldn't get rid of the general ones just because we might see more criminal ones or whatnot depending on where the city is sitting."

Temi says, "I'd expect the stats to be mainly static, but could slowly change, and then maybe only or two with bigger changes in a month due to the cit events."

Kinaed says, "We do need a mechanism for players to affect the city scores, and I think we'll primarily maintain this through the plot system."

Rain says, "I like the idea of some being added or removed based on happenings in the city, but a core remaining in rotation."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Bryce would like for criminals to be more obvious in their crimes if we do that, " It's already hard enough to catch a crook when they can just disappear."

Kinaed states, "Okay, so that's our new City Report. As you know, this is all a system of changes to be put into place to support this."

Kinaed states, "The next one is about Influence Points, so I'll go there next. As you'd know from our previous meeting, we had discussed that influence point earnings should be linked to position (ie, HELP PRECEDENCE)."

Bryce claims to Kinaed, "Justiciar still isn't on there"

Temi says, "It is"

Temi claims, "Justiciar is a Great Lord."

say High Steward isn't on there

Tomas says, "High Steward isn't on there"

Temi states, "High Steward is not, yes."

Kinaed says, "Rather than doing away with points completely, because it'd be a huge change to the system, what we're thinking of doing is that, based on your position in Precedence, you'll get a flat bonus to the amount of IP you earn per week. At this time, I'm thinking 2 points per Tier/Subtier."

Kinaed states, "Then this gave us a problem, because guild ranks are poorly designed to hold information such as what level of precedence a person sits at."

Kinaed says, "Awhile back, I had an idea for a roles system that would take the place of guild ranks."

Kinaed claims, "We never implemented it, but it's been called back out. I'll share that spec in a moment."

Rain queries, "I dig the precedence-based IP bonus. Would it be cumulative or based on your highest tier?"

Kinaed has moved the note Fwd: INCOMPLETE Roles Spec (Original author: Kinaed), by Kinaed, to the General board.

Kinaed claims to Rain, "Based on your highest tier."

Rain nods.

Kinaed claims, "I'm unhappy with cumulative systems because it tends to mean that people who sit on things (rather than are active in the space) accumulate the power to be most devastating."

Rain nods.

Kinaed wonders, "Imaging a person who never speaks up, just by virtue of being active, coming in and raining on someone's well laid plans simply because they're in a position to do so?"

Aios Draiski claims, "Sounds like a noble! >.>"

Bryce queries to Kinaed, "Isn't that a form of plotting?"

Kinaed grins at Aios Draiski.

Zeita von Zarrova has returned from AFK.
Nedyra grins at Aios Draiski.

Kinaed states to Bryce, "Not if you do nothing at all for the points, imho."

Kinaed claims, "But influence, to a degree, is about who you are."

Kinaed claims, "And I can give a nod to that."

Kinaed states, "But cumulative systems = bad."

Temi claims, "It's not that it's invalid to be quiet and then step forward. But we'd like it to be a better (or at least as good) strategy to be active all the time. Because of RP."

Rain says, "I agree that active plotting is better than passive, and even if your station gives you a lot of power you -lose- quite a bit of that if you're not staying in the public eye."

Kinaed says, "They also blow out the curve and make age more important than activity."

Kinaed nods at Rain.

Kinaed asks, "Anyway, I know that's a lot to take in - what are you guys thinking with regards to what you're seeing?"

Karrina ab Vazien questions, "What about the GL roles being linked to their approval rating?"

Kinaed wonders to Karrina ab Vazien, "What do you mean?"

Karrina ab Vazien states, "Say as the EM I would be given like 3 IP for being a Great lord. If I am inactive, I should not accumulate it for that week, plus as my approval as a GL drops I would end up getting less until I earn nothing and get booted."

Karrina ab Vazien states, "It would be countered by me actually getting out to RP and be active beyond the minimal and spending the IP to actually bring my own Reputation up."

Bryce doesn't actually like the approval system, " It seems only gl's make an effort to support."

Temi says, "That could be interesting. You get this much IP for being this role of prcedence... but if you are below approved, maybe only have a percentage of it available."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kinaed claims, "I sort of like that."

Kinaed questions to Bryce, "I'm not sure I follow why you don't like it? You seem to be saying because only GLs make an effort, the system is bad...?"

Karrina ab Vazien states, "It is easy to get a bad rep, hard to maintain a good rep."

Kinaed says, "Anyone in the game can support."

Rain states, "I like it all as far as I'm understanding it. I look forward to seeing more details. It also sounds like this will make it easier for anyone to be influential, not just nobles and guildleaders. Would it be worthwhile to expand the system so that people -without- titles can engage in more social warfare? Subverting their neighbors because their hedge is too high? Not saying they should show up on guildleaders but it would be kind of neat to see more than the top ten on lore leaders."

Kinaed says, "I sort of wonder if we should move away from individual approval rates and maybe make your GL approval be a net of supporters versus subverters. *ponder*"

Zeita von Zarrova claims to Rain, "Your hedge is going down... just sayin'."

Bryce claims to Kinaed, "I went around and got as much support as I could, the only ones willing to offer support were GL's. But like Karrina just said, if the players don't like a gl, everyone will jump on to disapprove of them, even though no one tried to support."

Kinaed says to Rain, "I sort of like that, I'm just not sure how we might represent it."

Kinaed muses, "Do we need more incentives for people to give out their support?"

Zeita von Zarrova states, "Yes."

Emma ab Courtland thinks we do.

Kinaed queries, "What would encourage people to support other people?"

Rain claims, "I think the litmus test is too high, personally."

Zeita von Zarrova says, "Also an easy way to ask someone IC would be nice. :)"

Kinaed states to Rain, "Yes, we can probably test that."

say I think a part of it is going out there and asking people

Tomas says, "I think a part of it is going out there and asking people"

Emma ab Courtland states, "I do too. "Would you kill for this person" is waaaay too much for social support."

Rain states, "You're encouraged to support your GL when you join a guild but I don't know that I'd kill for them for giving me a job."

Kinaed muses, "How could we ask people ICly?"

Bryce nods in agreement with Rain, " Yeah the litmus is probably high."

Kinaed nods.

Kinaed says, "Okay, I'll reduce that. There's one item."

Zeita von Zarrova states to Emma ab Courtland, "Agreed! I've always kind of ingored that, because it almost never come into play."

Rain claims, "I think the language lends itself easily to asking IC."

say I just go and speak with people and ask people if I can count on their support in my position and what I amd oing... though that is perhaps somewhat unique to being a politician GL?

Tomas asks, "I just go and speak with people and ask people if I can count on their support in my position and what I amd oing... though that is perhaps somewhat unique to being a politician GL?"

Rain states, "That is, I don't have a problem taking someone aside and saying, Hey, I'm trying to accomplish some goals and I could really use your support."

Karrina ab Vazien claims, "Perhaps give IP for every 2 people you support just like you get 1 for each point of support."

Karrina ab Vazien says, "Perhaps give IP for every 2 people you support just like you get 1 for each point of support."

Karrina ab Vazien trails off, "Sorry about the double enter..."

Rain claims to Karrina ab Vazien, "Twice for emphasis."

Kinaed questions, "Should there perhaps be a support emote where it tags the emote at the end with [Support Request]?"

Karrina ab Vazien says to Rain, "Nah, just a shakey hand."

Rain states, "I kind of like the idea of getting IP for supporting. You're putting yourself out there and expanding your social network and by doing so, your own individual social power increases."

Emma ab Courtland agrees with Rain & Zeita.

say I like the idea of getting IP for supporting as well. it makes it a nice little circle

Tomas says, "I like the idea of getting IP for supporting as well. it makes it a nice little circle"

Karrina ab Vazien trails off, "Right, it is like saying I know someone and they owe me for supporting them..."

Kinaed ponders.

Temi states, "I don't think a support request tag would really help, unless it were more integrated than just saying 'hey, I'm asking'"

sayto kinaed Well i always tend to, because the helpfile says you can say in tells that it was a support request as long as you don't try and sway them with it. so when I ask I usually mention something liket hat?
Tomas questions to Kinaed, "Well i always tend to, because the helpfile says you can say in tells that it was a support request as long as you don't try and sway them with it. so when I ask I usually mention something liket hat?"

Rain nods at Temi.

Rain says, "I think it might work itself out as more people start playing with the system."

Kinaed says, "The problem is - I wanted support to be in exchange for some other good so that support isn't an alliance."

Zeita von Zarrova states to Tomas, "I always feel rude asking or nudging in tells, so I don't do it."

Emma ab Courtland claims, "Mentioning it OOCly makes it feel kinda awkward."

sayto zeita Yeah I do feel weird about it but any ooc prompt is going to feel that way
Tomas says to Zeita von Zarrova, "Yeah I do feel weird about it but any ooc prompt is going to feel that way"

Emma ab Courtland nodnods.

Kinaed claims, "If a player giving another player support earns them the same IP (which it will since it's only 1), then the system expands without any ebb/flow."

Shaylei le Orban de Roldan has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]

Zeita von Zarrova claims, "I don't like OOC prompts in general, it is true. But it makes me avoid the sytem."

Aios Draiski says to Kinaed, "They were saying 1 for 2 supports, which is half not equal. Or maybe costs could be inflated so you can get a better fraction... 1 per outgoing support, 10 per incoming, but costs are 10x current."

Aios Draiski says, "(or whatever would be appropriate)"

say I dunno the support system at least as far as I've been seeing it used has been as a sort of alliance network as opposed to exchanging goods. it -feels- like it's built to support alliances

Tomas states, "I dunno the support system at least as far as I've been seeing it used has been as a sort of alliance network as opposed to exchanging goods. it -feels- like it's built to support alliances"

Rain nods at Aios Draiski.

Rain nods at Tomas.

Kinaed says, "I'll have to look at it."

Temi says, "As a silent background thing, I think it's necessarily something more personal. And not just 'I'm doing this for you'"

Temi says, "Because you never really know if they are."

Zeita von Zarrova says, "I'm not keen on being able to research who is supporting/subverting someone either. Far too contextual information, and probably discourages some from using it."

Kinaed wonders, "As it is, I can see some sort of kick-back, but definitely an equal measure of IP isn't the right thing. Maybe an immediate IP reward added to your weekly earnings - but if it's too transient... maybe some XP?"

Aios Draiski claims, "Maybe networks can be expanded too, like you get 10 for diret supports, then another 3 or 4 for each person supporting your supporters. So that it's better to get 3 popular people than 3 bums."

Aios Draiski claims, "Diret=direct"

Aios Draiski says, "Adjusting costs again, etc."

say one thing I will say... it sucks dropping lots of ip to check supporters/subverters and only getting 1 name back sucks

Tomas trails off, "One thing I will say... it sucks dropping lots of ip to check supporters/subverters and only getting 1 name back sucks"

Kinaed states to Aios Draiski, "The system already works like that - 3 per supporter, 2 for their supporters, etc, and nothing beyond 3 tiers."

Zeita von Zarrova says, "I need to make a phone call, will pop back if you're still going when I'm done."

Zeita von Zarrova begins to descend.

Aios Draiski says, "Ah, cool then."

Zeita von Zarrova leaves down.

Kinaed ponders.

Kinaed muses, "I think this needs a bit more work; that said, has everyone had a look at the Roles Spec, and any questions or queries? Thoughts?"

sayto kinaed I am concerned just in how it will play out, replacing the current guild structure. I guess I'm not sure how tied in the guild rosters are to things and how the roles will change that. It looks from the outside at least giving it a brief skim, complicated
Tomas claims to Kinaed, "I am concerned just in how it will play out, replacing the current guild structure. I guess I'm not sure how tied in the guild rosters are to things and how the roles will change that. It looks from the outside at least giving it a brief skim, complicated"

Kinaed states to Tomas, "The guilds will remain the same, it's the ranks inside that will be run by this system - and roles outside it as well."

Karrina ab Vazien asks, "Would we be able to set dual-guild requirements for some of the roles in our ranks?"

Temi states, "Roles can be more directly transfered from existing ranks. Just with a iltle more control."

Kinaed says to Karrina ab Vazien, "I wasn't expecting it, but by default yes, as the spec is written."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kinaed states, "The idea here is to attach things to the role, like any special commands they get, their guild pay, etc."

Kinaed states, "Their Precedence for IP calculations. :)"

Kinaed claims, "If we see a path of promotion, then it can be automated what comes before and after."

Gerolf claims, "I think that it will be really cool"

Kinaed says, "Okay, we're 10 minutes after the hour. We probably should start wrapping up. :)"

Azarial squeezes a strange stuffed creature, eliciting a strangled 'moo-oink-squawk!'

Kinaed says, "Thank you, everyone, for coming."

• Information