brooding black mass of velvet and fringeless. Screens of nature scenes
painted with the spare strokes of a brush that hint at and outline the
subjects, leaving much to the imagination. Behind the screens, silk
curtains and sheets painted with bright patterns hide the walls, pulled
back only around the windows that pierce the southern and western walls to
look out over a lush garden filled with an untamed riot of plants and
trees.

[ Exits: -down- ]
( 17)The Places Spec rests here. (southern edge)
A large wooden cask with a corked stopper is here. (northern edge)
Temi is here. [App: 5]
Azarial is here. [App: 5]
Okay, action removed.

Aios has been transferred in by Temi. [OOC]

Temi gives you a crystal-clear glass egg encasing a red rose frozen within.

Temi gives a crystal-clear glass egg encasing a red rose frozen within to Aios.

Justiciar has been transferred in by Temi. [OOC]

Temi gives a crystal-clear glass egg encasing a red rose frozen within to Justiciar.

Aios states, "Beauty and the beast? >.>"

look egg
You examine a crystal-clear glass egg encasing a red rose frozen within.
Smoothly formed to the shape of an egg, the rose frozen within is
visible from all sides, offering different angles at which to view it. It
is not immediately clear whether the rose is a real flower or a fine
replica, but, ensconed as it is within glass, it seems unlikely to wilt and
fade in either case.

Ariel exclaims, "Wow, neat!"

Aios holds a crystal-clear glass egg encasing a red rose frozen within in his hand.

Aios stops using a crystal-clear glass egg encasing a red rose frozen within.

Aios puts a crystal-clear glass egg encasing a red rose frozen within in a thick, coarse linen satchel, fit with wide leather straps.

Temi claims, "Sort of an easter and roses sent to the church."

Aios pontificates, "Purty!"

Temi claims, "Just a purty. I didn't add any use to it."

Ereketh Tahrvathen has been transferred in by Temi. [OOC]

Temi gives a crystal-clear glass egg encasing a red rose frozen within to Ereketh Tahrvathen.

Ereketh Tahrvathen says OOCly, "Ty"

Ereketh Tahrvathen holds a crystal-clear glass egg encasing a red rose frozen within in his hand.

Rain has been transferred in by Temi. [OOC]

Temi gives a crystal-clear glass egg encasing a red rose frozen within to Rain.

Ereketh Tahrvathen stops using a crystal-clear glass egg encasing a red rose frozen within.

Ariel muses, "Can you grow anything in a greenhouse that you can grow... outside a greenhouse?"

Ariel muses, "Or will some things only grow in normal rooms?"

Rain says, "Anything will grow in a greenhouse, I'm pretty sure."

Temi states, "Nope, anything you can, I think. Though hothouses don't fix too hot."

Rain states, "Only a few things -require- it."

Ariel states, "I'm contemplating a six-room greenhouse now."

Ariel trails off, "But I would probably need at least ONE non-greenhouse room..."

Aios states, "#firstlithmoreproblems"

Ariel grins at Aios.

Temi says, "Just the expense of it, really."

Temi grins.

Ariel queries, "It's only 500 extra per room, right? Or is it more?"

Rain states, "1000 per."

Temi states, "The full 1000 extra."

Ariel says, "Oh, hmmm."

Temi says, "On top of garden."

Ariel chin-strokes.

Temi claims, "I want people to at least bat an eye on the cost."

Temi grins.

Beronica Destral has been transferred in by Temi. [OOC]

Temi gives a crystal-clear glass egg encasing a red rose frozen within to Beronica Destral.

Cambrea has been transferred in by Temi. [OOC]

Beronica Destral holds a crystal-clear glass egg encasing a red rose frozen within in her hand.

Temi gives a crystal-clear glass egg encasing a red rose frozen within to Cambrea.

A compact, sinewy male wearing a perpetual scowl has been transferred in by Temi. [OOC]

Temi gives a crystal-clear glass egg encasing a red rose frozen within to a compact, sinewy male wearing a perpetual scowl.

Cambrea pontificates, "Thanks Tem!"

A compact, sinewy male wearing a perpetual scowl waves.

Beronica Destral stops using a crystal-clear glass egg encasing a red rose frozen within.

Temi claims, "Everyone seems to expect I did fancy stuff with them. Now I feel derelict"

[Action: Beronica Destral is sitting in her rocking chair.]

A wiry young woman with grey eyes has been transferred in by Temi. [OOC]

Cambrea stops using a leather-gripped practice polearm topped with a dummy head.

Ariel grins at Temi.

Temi gives a crystal-clear glass egg encasing a red rose frozen within to a wiry young woman with grey eyes.

Cambrea claims, "It looks beautiful."

Ariel claims, "I'm fine with just pretty."

Beronica Destral states, "Same here. Though it does not hurt to check to see if there are any hidden surprises."

A compact, sinewy male wearing a perpetual scowl questions, "Thanks! Is this related to some event?"

A youthful male with black chin-length hair has been transferred in by Azarial. [OOC]

A youthful male with black chin-length hair says, "Oh, thanks! Thought ya might have despammed."

Beronica Destral states, "Easter"

Ariel states, "And some magery shenanigans."

A youthful male with black chin-length hair asks, "Shenanigins? Where?"

Cambrea says, "Speaking of which, I need to remember to put in a request to rec whichever friendly neighbourhood Mage gave us such fun."

Beronica Destral questions to Ariel, "Magery shenanigans? What did I miss?"

Aios nods in agreement with Beronica Destral.

Azarial says, "I don;t have the gift; if you are missing one pester temi"

A youthful male with black chin-length hair has been transferred out by Temi. [OOC]
A youthful male with black chin-length hair has been transferred in by Temi. [OOC]

Temi gives a crystal-clear glass egg encasing a red rose frozen within to a youthful male with black chin-length hair.

A youthful male with black chin-length hair questions, "Are these IC?"

Temi says, "Yeah, you're welcome to use them IC as suits you"

Temi questions, "Okay! Do we have any volunteers to scribe and post up the log?"

Beronica Destral claims, "They are considered the latest 'it' item, so you do not get into too much trouble with the Order or Reeves."

Ariel says, "I can scribe."

Cambrea states, "Good man."

Temi states, "Okay, thanks."

Temi asks of Azarial, "Have time to do your update now, or do it after?"

Temi says, "Okay. Sounds like we'll do that after."

Azarial states, "It takes a f ew to get the water hot. she's starting to go through the 'i am going to wake up adn witch' cycle"

Temi nods.

Azarial claims, "Let's see. I think that this week was a crash bug, a second person casse change, and some minor typos handled."

Azarial says, "Not sure which week I moved the player helpfiles to a different file, so that asking help for a player info on oflfine players doesn;t troll the pfiles. that always breaks things."

Temi states, "I think you asked me to tell them that last week."

Azarial states, "Oh."

Azarial shrugs eloquently with more tail than shoulders.

Azarial states, "Made my will saves (again) to not road rage and push people off the road for doing sixty in a thirty to pass me when I hvae a newborn in the car."

Azarial sequentially taps a finger on the claws of her other hand.

Temi declaims, "Well done!"

Azarial states, "Not much else, I think."

Temi nods.

Cambrea declaims, "Congrats, by the way!"

Ariel claims, "Understandable. ;)"

Justiciar has lost link.

Temi states, "Okay. I'll do my update then."

Azarial says, "Thank you"

Justiciar has reconnected.

Beronica Destral has gone AFK.

Justiciar has been transferred out by Temi. [OOC]

Temi says, "Okay! So a couple things this week."

Temi claims, "I've been looking at brewing based on some suggestions from Noah, and I've got some changes planned, and some already completed."

Cambrea says, "Awesome."

Ariel states, "YES. *fist-pump*"

A youthful male with black chin-length hair claims, "Sweet."

Temi says, "Mainly making things consistent and double checking the levels are well oriented and stuff."

Cambrea says, "Very happy! Brewing is a great craft, and it just needs a few tweaks to be super awesome."

Temi says, "I've also gone through and checked the cost levels, which I don't know how much Az factored that in initially.. so some things will be a bit less or more expensive."

Temi claims, "And also, I've put together a spec for the disguise system."

Kinaed steps out of your shadow. [OOC]

Ariel claims, "You are just full of good news."

Temi says, "Ahh, here's Kin."

A youthful male with black chin-length hair panics.

Cambrea states, "Indeed! Hey Kin."

Kinaed isn't completely here. (OOC Emote)

Ereketh Tahrvathen declares, "Yay disguisey!"

Temi says, "So, I have a spec for disguise, and I can tell you guys about it.. but Kin mostly likes it except for a few changes.. and I don't know what they are yet, because we haven't had a chance to chat."

Temi grins.

Temi queries to Kinaed, "Is it safe to tell them the general spec, or anything fundamental needs to change?"

A youthful male with black chin-length hair states, "This Comfortable room seems quite chilly."

A wiry young woman with grey eyes exclaims, "Disguise? I can fite crime in disguise, guyz. I can be batman!"

Ariel says, "Pffft! That role is -taken-."

Ariel grins at a wiry young woman with grey eyes.

A wiry young woman with grey eyes sulks. "Always robin, never the bat"

Ereketh Tahrvathen trails off to Ariel, "We need a Bathgirl...."

Cambrea claims, "Check the Dolphin."

Temi says, "Okay, well, Kin is half-distracted, so I'll let her bop me if I say something I shouldn't."

Temi claims, "So, plan for disguise is to be a Troubadour guildskill, which will be charisma based."

Ariel claims, "A guildskill? Aw man."

A youthful male with black chin-length hair claims, "Bathgirl."

Cambrea states, "Not Brotherhood? Surprised."

Temi states, "It will be used to use disguises better and to create them using a new cedit craft system - planning costume command."

Temi states, "That's something Kin was clear on, Troub guildskill."

Ereketh Tahrvathen says to Cambrea, "Makes since for plays and stuff"

Ariel claims, "It makes sense they'd use it, but making it so restricted... ah well."

Cambrea states, "Don't get me wrong, that will be awesome for Troubs."

Cambrea says, "Very cool."

Temi states, "My initial plan - not sure on Kin's thoughts on that - is to be able to use them without the skill."

Temi states, "Just more likely to be able to tell it's a disguise or who it is."

Ariel claims, "Ah, that's a little better."

Temi states, "And disguises will exist as a profile on the character. You'll create the disguise through a polca, based on an object base."

Cambrea pontificates, "That's neat!"

Temi says, "So, you'll get one profile per object type. Like if there's a gentryman costume, whenever you use that costume you'll look like the same gentryman."

Cambrea wonders, "Will people be able to use it for like, entering Southside as a gentry, for instance?"

Cambrea claims, "...probably yes."

Temi claims, "Plan is for the disguise object to determine and not be able to change - gender, class and app."

Temi says, "And then the code system would treat you as if you were those things. This is pending Az being able to hadle that. It's one of the areas I'm more worried about."

Cambrea claims, "That is the coolest thing."

Temi claims, "And then the intro and description would be determined by the profile."

Temi claims, "And you should be remembered as that profile consistently."

A youthful male with black chin-length hair says, "Mages could abuse that ICly so hard, likely."

Temi says, "So everytime you disguise yourself in the gentryman costume, you would be remembered as the same gentryman."

Ereketh Tahrvathen says to a youthful male with black chin-length hair, "Everybody, not just mages"

A youthful male with black chin-length hair says, "::p"

Cambrea claims, "I want to make a Troub now, that's how cool this is."

Temi says, "You could give a different name, and pretend to actually be them."

A youthful male with black chin-length hair says, "True, Ere. But it's like, it will add a way new flavor to chasing them."

Temi trails off, "I should note..."

Aios states, "Lady Iosa, no one will ever suspect."

Rain laughs.

Rain hugs Aios.

Temi says, "We've also decided to create a magical rename spell."

Cambrea claims, "Her leg is made of a far more dainty wood."

Temi says, "And between magical renames - complete re-IDs, and this disguise stuff, we are completely replacing staff renames."

Temi says, "Well, staff identiy renames."

Aios grins at Cambrea.

Cambrea states, "I think that's great! Sorry, I am a broken record today. I will just leave my approval on replay."

Temi says, "So this will be the option for pretending to be someone else permanently through non-magical means too."

Ereketh Tahrvathen questions to Temi, "So no more qp renames?"

Temi states to Ereketh Tahrvathen, "Correct. We're moving that IC and onto you guys"

Aios says, "So wear a disguise and NEVER TAKE IT OFF."

Ereketh Tahrvathen claims to Temi, "Now that sounds like fun"

Temi states, "So, plan for removing disguises.. you can remove it yourself, or someone can remove it from you if you are subdued... or it comes off when you wash."

Casimir Aldair has been transferred in by Temi. [OOC]

Temi gives a crystal-clear glass egg encasing a red rose frozen within to Casimir Aldair.

Hera has been transferred in by Temi. [OOC]

Temi gives a crystal-clear glass egg encasing a red rose frozen within to Hera.

The not so unremarkable man has been transferred in by Temi. [OOC]

Casimir Aldair disposes of a crystal-clear glass egg encasing a red rose frozen within.

Temi gives a crystal-clear glass egg encasing a red rose frozen within to the not so unremarkable man.

Temi states, "We were just discussing my disguise spec."

Aios claims, "Now I want a talking dog and minivan."

The not so unremarkable man nods

A wiry young woman with grey eyes agrees with Aios.

Kinaed claims, "Ahh."

Casimir Aldair muses to Temi, "Got it written down yet?"

Casimir Aldair wonders to Temi, "Or just hashing out the general idea still?"

Azarial claims, "Prolly going to implement in stages. some of this will be major overhauls of how descriptions are handled, remember, and the like."

Kinaed is more here now.

Temi states, "As a quick recap, disguises are objects tha are used to apply disguise profiles."

Temi nods at Azarial.

Temi states, "I've written the spec, and Kin has said she wants to make some changes."

Temi claims, "But we haven't had a chance to discuss what those are yet."

Casimir Aldair nods.

Kinaed states, "Nothing major though."

Kinaed nods.

Ereketh Tahrvathen asks of Temi, "So would you need disguise to use the disguise object, or just to make it?"

Ariel claims to Kinaed, "Is there any chance of reconsidering the guildskill option? It's a skill very useful for so many people, including thiefy types."

Casimir Aldair says, "It's going to be a guildskill? Well, that sucks."

Kinaed states to Ariel, "No, I'd like this to be a Troub guildskill."

Ariel states, "Acting providing a bonus or something might be a way to give Troubs a leg-up but not blocking it off from others."

Beronica Destral waves to Casimir Aldair.

Beronica Destral has returned from AFK.

Temi says, "So, disguise skill would make the disguise object. And how well you are disguised by it depends on your disguise skill and the disguise skill of the person applying it."

Casimir Aldair waves at Beronica Destral.

Temi states, "So, you could get an awesome troub disguiser to put it on for you."

Ariel asks, "How do you handle chance of failure?"

Casimir Aldair wonders to Temi, "Could I get a rough example? Say I wanted to disguise myself as a fat, poor bloke. Could I do that?"

Casimir Aldair wonders to Temi, "How would it look to others?"

Temi states, "So, considering that the system is also used for troubadour costuming and it may be quite obvious that you are costumed, and there's not really a problem with that, I was going to have intros and descs still show, but you could see on looking at them: It looks like they're disguised."

Temi says, "And possibly who they really are if you're much better than them."

Casimir Aldair states, "Sounds like it should be 'costume design' and not necessarily disguise, than."

Kinaed states, "Familiarity is part of the calculation to know, though."

Ariel wonders, "Maybe costumes vs. disguises with different flags?"

Temi says to Casimir Aldair, "You create a profile that goes with your freeman disguise. Everytime you put that disguise on, you'll look like the same freeman, with the same intro, remembered by others, and desc."

Ariel muses, "Like, a costume that's MEANT to be seen through vs. a disguise that's really not?"

Kinaed states, "It is disguise, unless you fail, people will believe you're another person entirely from all noticeable angles."

Casimir Aldair states, "Aaah."

Temi states, "I handled that through levels inherent on the disguise object."

Temi states, "Like a rank 0 disguise object would be always obvious it's a costume."

Casimir Aldair claims, "Sounds much better. I think I misunderstood before."

Cambrea says, "Yeah I think it sounds like an awesome spec."

Temi says, "I'll just recap the plans on detection, in general."

Temi states, "On the looker's side you get: wisdom, disguise skill and famiarity with their native identity."

Casimir Aldair states to Temi, "As long as disguisers get a new description, sounds find and dandy. Guildskills I've become a bit meh on, but that's been hashed out so many times as to become redundant. And people get crotchety about it."

A youthful male with black chin-length hair states, "Well, it makes people more likely and fill the niche of joining Guilds."

Casimir Aldair claims, "If you say so."

Temi claims, "On the disguised person's side you get: charisma, your disguise skill, disguise skill of the person putting it on, acting skill, and penalties for changing your gender or class."

Hera claims, "I'm too far behind this convo to really join in because I'm sure my queries have been covered already."

Temi states, "So it's a contest between those two sides on looking at them."

Ariel claims, "I really like the general spec here."

Kinaed says, "Just so you know, that's the area where I'm inclined to change things."

Temi says, "Kin and I have had some extensive talks on guildskills in general, but she's the boss."

Temi nods at Kinaed.

Ariel claims to Casimir Aldair, "I'm right there with you on this one."

Cambrea states, "I honestly think it sounds amazing outside of the guildskill factor, but."

Casimir Aldair shrugs.

Cambrea claims, "Time for you to bard up, Cas. ;)"

A wiry young woman with grey eyes says, "It does seem like it could use some control or limits. If we are all running around as costumed crime fighters.. it is going to get.. a little silly. :)"

Casimir Aldair states, "I only started complaining about guildskills when it became a factor for me. Pretty big bias."

Temi states, "So, that's me this week. I figured you guys would want to talk about it a bit."

Kinaed states, "I'm less inclined to make it a two-sided contest, more likely to just take how well the disguise is applied and how good the disguise is versus how well the eprson talking to them knows them."

Cambrea says, "Think how many play fights you could put on where your hand gets dramatically removed."

Kinaed claims, "I don't want too many factors in that contest."

Temi nods at Kinaed.

Temi states, "So that may change a bit."

Kinaed nods.

Kinaed states, "But otherwise, I quite liked it too."

Casimir Aldair claims to a wiry young woman with grey eyes, "We've had the conversation so many times here. Type 'learn' and you'll see your limits. Thieves kill (or should) anyone outside of their guild with their skills. Etc."

Hera says, "Will there be any interplay between chandlery and disguise? chandlery produces cosmetics, wigs, etc. (apologies if this was covered)"

Casimir Aldair says to a wiry young woman with grey eyes, "There are your limits."

Temi questions to Kinaed, "Do you want to give an update on anything?"

Temi claims to Hera, "We didn't discuss that. Planning on using cosmetics as ingredients in the costume cedits."

Temi claims, "More or less depending ont he specific one."

Kinaed claims, "I don't think I did much of anything last week, it was very busy for me. I'm working on updating Help Scales with a few more scales."

Hera claims, "Nice! Thanks. :)"

Cambrea muses, "...man, you thought of everything, huh Tem?"

Kinaed states, "I have a bunch of religion files to troll through, but I sorta want Carmen around for that."

Kinaed hrms.

Haidar Abn'Zahi has been transferred in by Temi. [OOC]

Temi gives a crystal-clear glass egg encasing a red rose frozen within to Haidar Abn'Zahi.

Cambrea hugs Haidar Abn'Zahi.

Ariel claims, "I'm happy to set a date."

Haidar Abn'Zahi hugs Cambrea.

Ariel claims, "And even to do a lot of the writing myself if that's acceptable."

Kinaed states, "I'm sure Misune wants to bonk me because I have some help; files to review for him/her that I haven't yet."

Ariel claims, "We definitely need the new stuff in game. *grin*"

Kinaed pontificates, "But it's on my radar!"

Cambrea claims, "I'll let him know."

Kinaed states, "Need to talk to Johannes and Valariana."

Temi nods.

Kinaed nods at Cambrea.

Kinaed claims, "That's my update :)"

[Action: Haidar Abn'Zahi is standing at attention like a farin version of a seige engine.]

Temi wonders, "Okay! So.. player heartbeat! How's life and RP and any problems?"

Ereketh Tahrvathen had some fun rp this week.

Cambrea claims, "RP has been great! There's Magery in the aiiiiiiiir and it makes me happy."

Ariel states, "Things're pretty good! Trying to get this guy a bit more back into things."

Temi says, "The roses in the eggs were for the mass incident."

Temi grins.

Haidar Abn'Zahi states, "People say I'm in a hurry because I have the runs *grin*"

Kinaed has had a few recommends for mages making trouble, so thanks those who are up to no good. :)

Casimir Aldair says, "Haven't been around much, unfortunately. Or fortunately, I guess."

Ariel claims to Casimir Aldair, "We always miss you when you're not around. <3"

Beronica Destral claims, "I seem to be around, but end up missing the good stuff."

Beronica Destral says to Casimir Aldair, "Like you."

Cambrea claims, "We love you, Cas."

Haidar Abn'Zahi trails off, "I miss you Cas... there's a void when you're not not around causing random acts of havoc"

Ariel says, "Order is seriously struggling."

Casimir Aldair queries to Ariel, "Why is the Order struggling?"

Ariel states, "If any of you folks have ever wanted to try being a priest or inquisitor, we could really use you."

Casimir Aldair claims, "Oh."

Casimir Aldair says, "Same old shit. =P"

Cambrea claims, "Yeah, we've got lots of Knights <3, but no inquisitors. "

Kinaed nods at Casimir Aldair.

Ariel says, "We have a Cardinal, one priest, one acolyte, and everybody else is inactive."

Temi asks, "Is there something we need to do about it? Or can?"

Haidar Abn'Zahi states, "If Hai wasn't married he could cross train as Priest."

Casimir Aldair says to Temi, "Get the new helpfiles/books in. xD"

A youthful male with black chin-length hair claims, "Most Order folk that I know are... Usually Knights."

Temi says, "Enid is double checkng what's up with the Erra Pater. SHe thought she updated the object."

A youthful male with black chin-length hair states, "Rarely ever meet any Priests etc. "

Temi states, "And Kin has helfpiles to update, yeah."

Ariel says, "I don't honestly know what to do about it; it's been a struggle for a long time."

Kinaed states to Temi, "Mind taking that action point over since Enid isn't here? She says she updated the newbie book and the one in the bookstore, but I have a report it's not working for some reason."

Ariel says, "Enid contacted me earlier and said she thought Vaire did it and was searching for the original ledger."

Temi says to Kinaed, "We were discussing it earlier today, so it's already on her radar."

Kinaed nods at Ariel.

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Haidar Abn'Zahi gnaws on a chubby mulatto male toddler with dark curls and grey eyes.

Hera says, "Has always been an issue, really. Preists tend to become Inquisitors and Inquisitors tend to burn out."

Casimir Aldair says, "That's punny."

Temi questions, "Okay, so... any topics people want to bring up for us to handle?"

Cambrea queries, "I know it's a small thing that effects like... two PCs, but can I bump my forum post on Polearms being unbalanced in weakness? Lots of reads, but only one reply. Maybe a staff could weigh in for me? viewforum.php?f=8"

Kinaed says, "Reading."

Cambrea says, "Thanks Kin."

Kinaed claims, "That link didn't take me to a post, just the general forum."

Casimir Aldair states to Kinaed, "Just noting again that HELP DANIJEL needs to be given a second chance. Or third chance."

Cambrea claims, "Fail. One sec."

Cambrea queries, "viewtopic.php?f=8&t=794"

Ariel claims, "I have an order helpfile I'd very much like to see added on te Request board list."

A youthful male with black chin-length hair wonders, "Why do Inquistors kinda burn out?"

Kinaed says, "Re: Ranges, this isn't being touched because extended range weapons are coming in, and I don't want to have to redo anything I do then."

Casimir Aldair says, "Beats me."

Kinaed states to a youthful male with black chin-length hair, "Because you usually end up being the only person to handle prison cases."

Beronica Destral says, "And you get burned out doing the same kind of RP over and over again."

Cambrea questions, "I see. Can I re-raise the polearm/whip issue after your extended range weapons come in?"

Ariel says, "My problem with Order PCs is the difficulty making personal connections."

Kinaed claims, "So you end up being more like a processing plant for Order criminals. Also, people hate to RP with you."

Ariel states, "Even as a priest it's hard."

Kinaed states to Cambrea, "Yes, of course."

A youthful male with black chin-length hair claims, "I like RP with Deceitka."

Casimir Aldair states to Ariel, "You should talk to Iain. He's great at it."

Cambrea claims to Kinaed, "Thanks."

Casimir Aldair states to Ariel, "Iain provides the best religious RP I've gotten, in any game, ever."

Ariel states to Casimir Aldair, "Iain has the time to make his priest his main. *grin*"

Ereketh Tahrvathen states to Cambrea, "Honestly it makes a bit of sense, if you look at it with scythes, which would probably be polearms, you're only going to do the major damage with the blade part, not going to the shaft, however if you use a staff, you can choke up on it a bit and still use it effectively"

Cambrea states, "Honestly, you can choke on polearms also, but the problem here is balance, not realism."

Ariel claims, "You really have to work twice as hard to get close to people, and that requires a bigger commitment."

Kinaed questions, "Why not use the weapon that you perceive to have an advantage?"

Casimir Aldair claims to Ariel, "It's not quite the amount of time, though - aren't they like never on? It's the fact that they get down to the roots of Davism, how it's all about saving your soul. Most priests I see are either batshit crazy, have hidden agendas, or are pyre-happy."

Ereketh Tahrvathen will start to bicycle kick people from across the room like Liu Kang.

Kinaed wonders, "As opposed to worry about balance? (Apologies, I've just watched so many games try to balance themselves into oblivion, it's crazy)"

Cambrea states, "I'd rather see it fixed and balanced rather than take advantage of the problem, personally."

Kinaed states, "Average hack and slash game (heck, even TI), will argue until the cows come home about why one class is better than another, or one weapon style, etc, and the staff are tweaking stuff, and breaking other stuff, etc."

Aios claims, "Yeah, there's no way to make every item balanced to every other one and still have distinct items. If there are different situations, there will be different tools for them at some point. Otherwise we should just have one Weapon type"

Ariel says to Casimir Aldair, "Believe me, I'm all about that."

Kinaed nods at Aios.

Cambrea states, "But there is -no- situation where the polearm performs better than the staff, massive."

Cambrea states, "It fits no niche now."

Ariel states, "We're unlike hack and slash in that one option can be completely better in every way."

Ariel states, "Since our system is so simple (no offense meant to it)."

Temi claims, "May be different with the more extended thrown and such."

Cambrea states, "I'm all for specialized weapons, I think that's cool but right now it has no specialty... besides being inherently inferior to the staff."

Kinaed claims, "Why does it have to? (I mean no offense by asking, I'm just trying to understand why this is so important to people."

Casimir Aldair says, "The ideal of a balanced game is WHEN people can argue about which is better, and come to no obvious conclusion, Kin. That's kinda the point."

Ariel nods at Casimir Aldair.

Ariel claims to Casimir Aldair, "Perfect way to put it."

Ariel states, "We have problems sometimes where people will be left disadvantaged despite making choices in good faith, which I think can be demoralizing for new folks. "

Azarial figures the polearm is the penis extender of TI, versus the canyoneros and chrome plated whales.

Cambrea claims, "There should be an effective tactical reason to use a weapon... that's the cool thing about the range system. There's a reason to use a dagger, or a reason to want to use a sword, etc. Right now there is no reason to pick polearm, and I feel it could easily be fixed without breaking anything else."

Kinaed states, "Well, combat is one of those things people do get heated over. I'll discuss this offline with staff. Anyway, the reason I didn't poke at that is because we've got an extended weapon spec coming in."

A youthful male with black chin-length hair claims, "I did not need the thoughts of 'Cambrea and penis extenders' within my mind, Azarial."

Cambrea says, "That's totally understandable, Kin."

Cambrea claims, "I would like it to be at least acknowledged as a problem, though. I think it should clearly be seen as such."

Cambrea says, "Everything else is very well balanced, in interesting ways."

Kinaed claims, "I'm not sure that I can give you that without further thought on the situation."

Cambrea says, "Fair enough. If you could get back to me in time, Kin, I'd certainly appreciate it."

Kinaed says, "It may well be a problem, but I move cautiously with combat, I think for good reason. That said, definitely on our radar, and definitely something we will think about."

Kinaed nods at Cambrea.

Cambrea states, "Appreciated, thank you! I totally understand, tweaking combat is a dangerous game."

A youthful male with black chin-length hair says, "Let's. Get. Dangerouuuus."

Kinaed says, "Our meeting time is almost up."

Hera claims, "I think we should just get rid of all weapons and resolve our differences with mud wrestling. Starting with Ariel and Casimir."

Casimir Aldair comes from the Tarn. Will win.

Ariel claims to Hera, "I'm game."

Casimir Aldair claims to Ariel, "I'm already half naked."

Beronica Destral quickly wipes the drool from her chin. "As long as they're nekkid."

Temi asks of Kinaed, "Do we want to call it now then?"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Ereketh Tahrvathen queries, "Why not just get rid of medium far and medium close, flails, axes, swords, and maces get medium, unarmed, improvised, dagger get close, whip polearm staff get far, then the bows get extended?"

Kinaed says, "It's Easter Sunday, after the egg hunt, but I still have family obligation."

Temi claims, "Okay. Going to start returning folks then."

Kinaed claims to Ereketh Tahrvathen, "That was a possibility I was considering already, hence not wanting to muck with the weapons."

Temi has transferred you.

• Information