Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Voxumo
Discord Handle: Voxumo#7925

Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:13 pm

Kinaed muses, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today?"

Misune claims, "Yes actually, there is something I would like to bring up, regarding Illusionmold"

Kinaed states to Misune, "Noted."

Tomas wonders, "I would like to talk about bows?"

Takta states, "If we didn't come to a final conclusion on improvised last week it'd be nice to finish that."

Kinaed says to Tomas, "Noted."

Kinaed states to Takta, "Noted"

Kinaed questions, "Anyone else?"

Karston states, "I have a general something to bring up - not a detailed thing, more just something I've noticed that I think could be encouraged more because man does it ever help with RP."

Kinaed nods at Karston.

Kinaed has transferred Estrilda. [OOC]

Azarial wonders, "Imbue, maybe?"

Takta says, "Note to self, pre-prepare update so I'm faster this week. ;)"

Kinaed questions, "Okay, anyone else? :)"

Kinaed says to Estrilda, "Asking if anyone has any topics they want to discuss this chat."

Azarial muses, "Kick around more ideas for imbue?"

Kinaed claims, "Noted."

Azarial is having trouble seeing. darn white house, white deck, and white curtains.

Kinaed claims, "Okay, since we have a lot of topics people want to discuss, I'll ask the staff to make their updates quick."

Karston has that problem frequently, Az. No sympathy.

Karston grins.

Kinaed has transferred Aios. [OOC]

A tall man with dirty-blonde hair and grey eyes muses, "What is imbue? If you don't mind me asking?"

Kinaed states, "I'll kick off - I emailed several people the Roles Spec for feedback - only one person replied."

Kinaed declaims to Takta, "Thank you!"

Temi says, "A new idea Az has"

Azarial says, "Normally I am sitting in the dark behind good curtains."

Takta claims, "You can always count on me to have an opinion."

Takta nods sagely.

Kinaed states, "Please have a look, otherwise we'll move on with what we have."

Kinaed smiles at Takta.

Kinaed states, "And much appreciated too"

Karston queries to Kinaed, "If you need more feedback, I missed last week but you should still have my personal email?"

Kinaed states, "I'm otherwise working on eavesdropping and City Reports."

Kinaed states to Karston, "I can forward it, yep."

Karston says, "You're awesome. I'll look it over when I get it."

Kinaed says, "Anyone else who wants a look at the Roles Spec to provide feedback, please send me a tell with the email address you want me to email it to you at."

Misune questions, "What was the feedback suppose to be again? Just how one generally feels about it after reading over it?"

Azarial has more glare than a naked actor spotted with a live goat, a dead girl, and a live boy downrange of the papparazii.

Kinaed states to Misune, "Just what you think of it, if anything was missed or should be added, etc."

Kinaed says to Azarial, "You're up."

Azarial says, "Bugs, mostly."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Azarial states, "Trying to advance on eavesdropping, but combat keeps dropping crash bugs."

Misune nods

Kinaed questions, "Oh, I think there was a change to guild income?"

Azarial claims, "It should be working much better now, though. quite a bit run through it this mirning, and the large round of over all bugs earlier this week. I believe I am under 80 now."

Azarial nods at Kinaed.

Azarial states, "I'm waiting to see how well that works tonight."

Azarial claims, "I should also take a hammer to the staruday night lag and see what is killing my O()."

Temi claims, "Explain that to people? I think they'll like it."

Takta nods at Temi.

Kinaed claims, "I think it went in that, every guild will get a base of 50 silver per full active member per week, 25 silver for each active dual guilded member per week, multiplied by their city report metric."

Karston says, "Oh sweet."

A tall man with dirty-blonde hair and grey eyes muses, "What about the former sources of income?"

Karston states, "That'll help the guilds who historically don't actually get an income. *eyes the physicians*"

Kinaed claims, "So if the game is quite lawful (90%) then the Reeves will get (6*50 silver * 90%) = 270 silver."

Kinaed says, "Each guild is linked to a City Report metric."

Temi states, "The existing incomes are still thre, but the staff ones are reduced a bit."

Kinaed states to a tall man with dirty-blonde hair and grey eyes, "Former sources of income are sti- what Temi said."

Takta says, "It's all up for potential change if the numbers look screwy."

Tomas questions, "What is the court one tied into?"

Kinaed states, "So instead of the Order getting 30% of taxes, it gets 10%, and instead of Court getting 70% of taxes, it gets 50%"

Tomas says, "Ahh okay"

Kinaed states to Tomas, "Taxes"

Kinaed has transferred Zaerieth. [OOC]

Karston trails off, "Can we possibly get a list of what each guild's metric is? Or a general overview? Some of them are obvious, like the Reeves or Physicians, but..."

Misune ponders this "Hmm... I can see this going multiple ways... Doesn't it kind of, well harm the guilds that have very few active members?" Motions to the Brotherhood and physicians

Temi says, "New court stuff is infrastructure."

Kinaed claims, "We don't know how the money is going to turn out. If it is substantially different to what you've recently been earning, please alert the staff."

A tall man with dirty-blonde hair and grey eyes claims, "I think that will drastically reduce Order income, if I'm calculating right."

Takta claims to Misune, "The Physicians never got any salary at all before from automatic forces."

Zaerieth says OOCly, "What is going on?"

Takta claims, "So this will not hurt them, that's for sure."

Takta grins.

Kinaed states, "We didn't want to severely impact money availability, we just want to make City Report metrics and recruiting mean something."

A tall man with dirty-blonde hair and grey eyes says, "Though I've only seen one income statement from us."
Karston says to Misune, "Physicians in particular, if I remember right, never got an income. So it'll help them."

Kinaed claims, "Also note - Court gets double the money for guild members, both full and dual guilded."

Takta says, "Order and Court income both differ widely from week to week depending on who pays taxes that week, btw."

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Takta says, "So don't necessarily judge the impact off this week only."

Takta claims, "Wait for next week when your BIG tax bill comes in."

Temi claims, "Order has also had problems with overflowing their bank account."

Kinaed claims, "Yeah, give it a few weeks, and if things just feel really bad (or too good to be true), please let us know."

Temi nods in agreement with Kinaed.

Zaerieth says OOCly, "Wait.. what are we doing?"

Misune wonders, "I could have sworn they got an income some how... oh well. and Kinaed you say it will increase recruiting, but isn't the base issue of getting guild members the simple fact that there is never enough players/character it seems?"

Kinaed muses, "Okay, Az - anything to add before we move on to Temi?"

Takta claims to Zaerieth, "Guild income has been edited."

A tall man with dirty-blonde hair and grey eyes begins to count their money.

Azarial says, "Vote more."

Azarial claims, "Not that I can think of."

Kinaed says to Azarial, "Thanks :)"

Takta claims to Zaerieth, "Order and Court will receive less in taxes but also get an initial income for their number of active members and their metric on city report."

Kinaed declares to Temi, "You're up!"

Temi pontificates, "Okay!"

Azarial claims, "We've been clinging to 27th on tmc; we used to break the top ten."

Aios states, "26 of last update =D"

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Azarial states, "Ahh, nice"

Temi claims, "I've gone over all of the existing magecrafting items, and moved things around a little and changed their costs some and such."

Tomas states, "I'll work up a review here. finally lose my TI Review virginity"

Temi states, "And I'm working again on new things. Today I finished up Elixir Experiments in Behavior, so that is released and ready for playing with."

Kinaed pontificates to Tomas, "Thank you!"

Temi claims, "For those who aren't familiar with experiments, it's a new type of recipe that's a bit less set in stone, and the resulting elixir has different affects based on what spell you used to activate it, and there's a buncho f different ones."

Temi finishes abruptly, "I'd still love to see people playing with those and trying to figure out what they do and RPing with them - they're very much designed for RP"

Temi states, "But, I'll be gone next week camping, so my goal is to get all of the experiments working before I leave. We'll see if I have any luck on that."

Azarial begins to write a message on the courier's desk.
(This is an OOC mail.)

Azarial finishes writing her mail.

The Courier hands Takta a letter.

Temi claims, "And that's me this week"

Takta studies a piece of mail.

Kinaed muses to Temi, "Compared to your plan, about how far into the magecraft updates are you?"

Temi says, "Umm, probably about half way"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kinaed says, "Cool"

Kinaed claims to Takta, "You're up :)"

Takta says, "What I have been doing: Combat testing to help Az winnow out those nasty bugs, 20-30 rooms of skyway laid out, and a number of small tweaks to resolve various long-standing issues - lowering the sewer grid one 'level' for map consistency with Mika's help, updating some things in the mobprogs on phome guard mobs, fixing the Southside boundary alerts and enabling invisible people to go Southside. "

Kinaed states, "Sweet"

Takta claims, "What I plan to be doing next week: Getting the last 50-odd rooms of skyway and rooftops laid out, removing other long-standing things from my board such as tweaks to material conditions and repair, and maybe testing some code changes if I get time. But I will be absent Tues-Thurs at the beach (woo!) so we'll see what actually happens. "

Takta claims, "That's it. *grin*"

Kinaed says, "Thanks :)"

Kinaed questions, "Any questions?"

Misune raises hand "About the lowering of the sewers, does that affect any secrets people might have found in the sewers, or not really?"

Kinaed declares, "If not, Mika - you're up!"

Takta claims, "It shouldn't affect secrets."

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Takta says, "Long story short I did it in a way that shouldn't have wrecked secrets but let me know if it did by mistake."

Misune nods

Kinaed gently nudges Mika.

Zaerieth nods.

Mika states, "I followed takta around in a sewer"

Zaerieth has returned from AFK.

Zaerieth begins to count their money.

Takta grins at Mika.

Mika states, "I'm still working on places and taking requests if you want furniture or things added to public spaces"

Kinaed has transferred Zumini. [OOC]

Temi states, "I only experimented on Mika a little bit too."

Mika wonders, "I keep sneezing rainbow glitter???"

Missing section begins

Please see below post for Missing Section of OOC chat

Missing section ends

A tall man with dirty-blonde hair and grey eyes declares, "I'm sure I will. Just so much to do, and limited time!"

Zaerieth nods.

Temi pontificates to a tall man with dirty-blonde hair and grey eyes, "Worse problems to have!"

Temi grins.

Zaerieth questions, "I asked this on requests.. but so I'm clear, given it will take some time code wise, should I just move burnings to faren quarter by plot?"

Azarial claims, "Burning poeple in the fq won;t cleanse it. taht just cleanses whtier souls."

Azarial frowns at her claws, and notes several broken ones making spelling worse than usual.

Kinaed claims, "You can write an IC_Event post about it, and have several NPC burnings happening there. Moving burnings is a code change, and also may create difficulties with prisoners in Ahalin, so I think PC burnings are best left unmoved at the moment."

Kinaed claims, "A plot advance would probably cover it, but I think an IC_Event is the best thing to do."

Zaerieth nods.

Zaerieth says, "Fare enough. given kave is taking that over. I'll handle the burnings, as its an inquisition bit. then, he can have the clean up"

Kinaed nods at Zaerieth.

Temi nods.

Kinaed queries to Misune, "Did you want to introduce Illusionmold?"

A tall man with dirty-blonde hair and grey eyes says, "I'm quite good at sweeping up ashes."

Misune nods to Kinaed "Yes, give me a minute or two to type it up."

Kinaed nods at Misune.

Azarial claims, "Ashes to ashes/dust to dust/shame abou that bard/she had a nice bust/it used to overflow my hands/now it overflows my dustpan."

Zaerieth laughs.

A blonde Lithmorran man with bright green eyes claps.

Karston gives az a high-five.

Zaerieth gives a clear glass bottle containing 359 Casterlay dry rose wine to an obsidian-black haired woman of slight build.

A tall man with dirty-blonde hair and grey eyes chuckles

Zaerieth claims to an obsidian-black haired woman of slight build, "That was hers"

Zaerieth says OOCly, "Oh, and, what do I do with these coins and stuff?"

A tall man with dirty-blonde hair and grey eyes begins to count their money.

Misune gathers his thoughts "Alright so in regards to Illusionmold, I'm wanting to bring up it's... Limitations. I recently tried to use Illusionmold on my Grandmaster Air mage, and they were only able to do an Imote limited to 87 characters or 15 words. My original Imote I had wanted to do was 157 characters or 30 words but was unable because it was apparently too... complex. Now for comparison, a tweet is a max of 140 characters. Call me crazy, but if I'm trying to do an illusion, I would prefer to give enough detail so that it is worthwhile, especially being limited to only visual, no verbal. You can't get much detail in 87 characters

Misune can use whoinvis again.

Kinaed nods at Misune.

Takta says, "Illusionmold is definitely a problem in that regard."

Takta states, "The entire spell could probably use a facelift."

Kinaed claims, "We've noted that illusionmold is not ideal, and were planning to replace it."

Takta trails off, "Ooh, right, I -thought- we had talked about this before..."

Kinaed says, "We haven't figured out how, but intend the same general spell, just more RP-able."

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Kinaed says, "It may be something we should take offline though, because I don't think we have the time to resolve it in the next eight minutes, and we still have imbue to discuss."

Misune nods "Was not aware of that, though my suggestion, limit it to one pose. That allows for a person to go into as much or as little detail as they want, without being too much

Kinaed nods at Misune.

An obsidian-black haired woman of slight build claims, "I have an idea. A spell that allows you to conjure objects that are effectively real but only last for a certain amount of time before they dissipate."

Kinaed claims to Misune, "I think that's a good idea. Or maybe limit it to number of poses based on mage circle."

Kinaed nods at an obsidian-black haired woman of slight build.

Kinaed queries to an obsidian-black haired woman of slight build, "Mind putting that on the forums?"

An obsidian-black haired woman of slight build states, "Sure"

A blonde Lithmorran man with bright green eyes wonders, "That's the same as that dream spell, isn't it?"

Misune trails off, "That would be a good idea as well... But yeah wasn't aware it was already in discussion, so yeah nevermind then"

Kinaed claims to a blonde Lithmorran man with bright green eyes, "Illusionmold? No, that spell allows you to do an unsigned room echo."

Zaerieth says OOCly, "And who ever sent the dream to zaeri.. creepy.. very creepy but I loved it"

A brown-haired, brown-eyed young woman claims, "That has solid roots in D+D...quasi-real items; half real, half shadow."

Kinaed states, "Dreamweave is the sending-dreams spell, belongs to void magic. Illusionmold is air."

A blonde Lithmorran man with bright green eyes says, "I just meant, pose wise-- ah."

Misune coughs to make sure his internet didn't go out again

Kinaed says, "Okay, we'll raise the priority of the work on Illusionold."

Kinaed states, "And look at making it a number of emotes instead of limiting the length of emotes."

Kinaed says, "And that brings us to Imbue."

Kinaed questions to Azarial, "Care to introduce us to imbue?"

Azarial claims, "It would be a replacement for the fairly hackish 'invoke object' syntax for spells, which some have noted has not reached all 75 spells yet."

Kinaed muses, "Anyone have any issue if magecraft uses imbue instead of 'invoke <obj>'?"

Azarial states, "Would allow for direct targeting of items to imbue with a spell, perhaps list what youa re carrying that could be imbued, and the like"

Takta says, "(Specifically, this is for activating the magical properties of magecraft items.)"

Temi claims to Kinaed, "It's not invoke <obj>. It's invoke object."

Temi claims, "Which is half the issue."

Temi grins.

Takta nods at Temi.

Kinaed says, "I've heard playeres find it a bit difficult to figure out what to do with invoke also."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Kinaed claims, "Well, if there's no protest... Az, have at that one."

Azarial nods.

Misune says, "I think that is a splendid idea, never really understood why it was invoke anyway, back when magecrafting originally came out"

Kinaed claims, "It's 8:58am my time. That means we're two minutes until wrap up."

Azarial questions, "So no other functional additions?"
Kinaed nods at Misune.

A brown-haired, brown-eyed young woman asks, "Does a player need to be actually sleeping to get a dream? Or is it on login?"

Kinaed asks of Azarial, "What kind of functional additions are you thinking?"

Misune states, "Upon login"

Karston claims to a brown-haired, brown-eyed young woman, "It's on login, usually."

Kinaed claims to a brown-haired, brown-eyed young woman, "Just on login."

Azarial claims, "Eh. my day in code is spent like a one-armed paper hanger with an itch."

A brown-haired, brown-eyed young woman states, "Thank you."

Azarial says, "I don;t know. that;s why I was asking."

Takta says, "I liked imbue list a lot to show what items you have respond to spells."

Kinaed states, "I think we can start without additional functionality for the moment."

A blonde Lithmorran man with bright green eyes questions, "I was mostly wondering- I am not sure entirely how magecraft works, but I've seen some items. Is it possible at this point, to have items be in an 'inert' state, where they do not look suspicious?"

Karston states, "Perhaps a tweek to show what spells an item will respond to? If you know that spell, at least."

Kinaed states, "Takta's idea is a decent one too."

A blonde Lithmorran man with bright green eyes queries, "Or does imbuing automatically make them suspicious?"

Karston states, "Not a priority, naturally, but an option."
Takta claims to a blonde Lithmorran man with bright green eyes, "They generally start off inert, but sometimes they still look suspicious."

A blonde Lithmorran man with bright green eyes nods.

Takta claims, "They do not work until they've been 'imbued', which often makes them look much more suspicious too."

Kinaed says, "It depends on the item and if staff think it's a bit over the top without a balancing issue like 'gee, that better be obviously magical'"

Takta says, "But many magecraft items are not too suspicious before being activated."

A blonde Lithmorran man with bright green eyes states, "Good point."

Azarial starts writing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Kinaed says, "Okay, it's the top of the hour."
Last edited by Voxumo on Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lurks the Forums

Tremere

Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:15 pm

Kinaed queries to Mika, "Where have you targetted to fill in with Places?"

Azarial states, "I guess I've been lazy; I've not killed mika in testing yet."

Kinaed declaims to Mika, "You're lucky. I logged in to being permanently compulsed to believing I was A HORSE!"

Mika says, "I started in southside and i'm branching out from there, but i've also done up a few taverns so far"

Mika declares, "My "be awesome" compulsion wore off so i have to be a huge jerk now!"

Kinaed is clearly a unicorn, dammit.

Azarial says, "You were an awesome horse."

Karston ab Broderick says to Kinaed, "She did approach me re: Bluebird a few days ago. I'm planning to sit down next couple days and pboard her a novel."

Mika states, "Yeah and im getting around to the bluebird but it's huge and frightening"

Kinaed states, "Nice."

Kinaed smiles at Mika.

Mika claims, "If you see an npc whose app score doesn't match their description please send me a tell"

Mika states, "I am formally bribing you with qp"

Zumini de Moradar gets the Places Spec Updated.

Kinaed states, "Okay, I think that wraps up staff updates - so time for Player Heartbeat."

Kinaed says, "My partner just rolled over and said "Has the chat started?" ROFL."

Mika states, "Lmao"

Azarial says, "'no, go back to sleep.'"

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Karston ab Broderick pontificates, "When folks haven't been conglomerating in places I've got no IC business being, RP has been absolutely awesome. I've even found excuses to feed off what other players have been posting - so thank you!"

Mika says, "Ahh i will get to that today"

Kinaed muses, "Any general complaints about TI that staff should have a look at?"

Kinaed questions, "RP been good?"

A brown-haired, brown-eyed young woman states, "My character has stayed alive far longer than expected."

Kave ab Caern says, "I have also enjoyed my first few scenes! Though I need to meet more of you."

Takta says, "Our activity's swingin' right now."

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Zaerieth Silverclaw says, "Its ben good. a little less stressful"

Takta says, "The commoner RP is really humming along in a way that's unusual in my experience."

Kinaed states to Zaerieth Silverclaw, "I'm glad to hear that."

Kinaed asks of Takta, "Any idea what's contributing to that?"

Karston ab Broderick claims, "Also, just for the record, this is the most active nobility I've seen in the whole of my time playing TI. As someone who ICly runs an upper class place, a thousand times thank you."

Kave ab Caern puts a comforting arm on Zaerieth Silverclaw. "We'll show them. With our three active Orderites."

Takta says to Kinaed, "A few great active freeman players, really. RP goes where RP is."

Kinaed smiles.

Zaerieth Silverclaw grins to Kave ab Caern, and nods

Tomas declares, "I need to poke more of the nobles. I've seen some have sought us but not sent letters!"

Estrilda von Carmina is idle.

Kinaed says, "I'm glad to hear things are chugging along. Okay, it sounds like player outlooks are good and few complaints at the moment. Please don't be shy to contact me with any queries or concerns."

Mika claims to Karston ab Broderick, "Yeah ive had fun roleplaying nobility with you doods"

Mika asks, "I went from "nobles? that sounds boring" to googling the names of different styles fo tiaras"

Kinaed states, "We've got a lot of people with topics to introduce today, so I'm going to move onto that quickly."

Karston ab Broderick claims to Mika, "I thought one of them might be you."

Karston ab Broderick grins.

Kinaed muses to Misune Levona, "Illusionmold. Introduce us? :)"

Kave ab Caern claims, "Another places bug"

Kinaed states, "Well... hell."

Azarial disables join.

Karston ab Broderick queries, "That was pretty. Can we do it again?"

Kave ab Caern claims, "Whoops"

Kinaed states to Karston ab Broderick, "Do not do it again, no :P"

Takta grins.

Karston ab Broderick says to Kinaed, "With some editing I can have a complete log for the forums."

Azarial says, "Not during the meeting"

Zaerieth Silverclaw says OOCly, "Ug"

Kinaed trails off, "Misune isn't back yet, so let's see..."

Kinaed says, "Firstly, I think it'd be good if Tomas can pick up scribing and maybe merge with Misune."

Kinaed says, "Secondly, I'd like to skip Misune and come back to him re: Illusionmold."

Kinaed questions to Tomas, "You wanted to discuss bows?"

Tomas states, "Sure can do"

say And yes. I wanted to discuss bows because bows like, break rather quickly. I posted on the forums about it

Tomas claims, "And yes. I wanted to discuss bows because bows like, break rather quickly. I posted on the forums about it"

Kinaed wonders, "Still?"

say and I was wondering if we could reduce the rate at which they break

Tomas states, "And I was wondering if we could reduce the rate at which they break"

Azarial has tweaked that some already.

Kinaed states, "Yeah, probably. We already reduced it once, so probably just haven't hit a good balance."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Kinaed claims, "We'll have a look at that, thanks for raising it to our attention."

say no problem. Thank you!

Tomas pontificates, "No problem. Thank you!"

Kinaed states to Takta, "Improvised - the conclusion we came to was that we'd remove the skill and make a person's improvised skill be the average of their combat skills."

Kinaed states, "We discussed if we would make improvised objects break less or be auto-loadable."

Kinaed states, "That hasn't been resolved."

Takta nods.

Kinaed states, "I tend to think we might make them break less, but not auto-loadable just because the former is far easier than the latter."

Azarial says, "Currently, nealry all improvised weapons get two hits befiore they break, as per the originnal spec."

say average of all combat skills purchased or all the combat skills total, including the ones that they don't have?

Tomas muses, "Average of all combat skills purchased or all the combat skills total, including the ones that they don't have?"

Kave ab Caern queries, "An average of all learned ones? Or 10?"

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Takta says, "Break less is probably fine."

Kinaed states to Kave ab Caern, "Not decided."

Takta says, "And possibly review what items can be used as improvised weapons."

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Takta claims, "People are always sad they can't hit each other with books."

A blonde Lithmorran man with bright green eyes says, "I always wanted to break a chair over someone's head."

A brown-haired, brown-eyed young woman says, "Put that Erra Pater to some good use."

Kinaed states, "Any further questions on that? Just a note that improvised weapons aren't currently high on the priority list - we're working on eavesdropping and roles right now, so this may not go in quickly."

Kinaed nods at a brown-haired, brown-eyed young woman.

Takta nods.

A blonde Lithmorran man with bright green eyes asks, "I have a question- will environment come into play at some point, in regards to combat? Improvised or positionally?"

Kinaed questions to Karston ab Broderick, "You wanted to discuss something to encourage RP?"

Takta states, "No prob, just wasn't sure if it'd been officially decided."

Takta says to a blonde Lithmorran man with bright green eyes, "Range is very important in combat, re: position."

A blonde Lithmorran man with bright green eyes states, "Most importantly, picking up a rock or something."

Kinaed claims to a blonde Lithmorran man with bright green eyes, "Right now, range does. Objects in the environment tend not to, but we don't have a lot of environmental objects yet."

A blonde Lithmorran man with bright green eyes nods.

Takta claims, "You could use forage to possibly do it."

Takta states, "Why did I never think of that before."

Kinaed claims, "That would probably link into the idea of being able to generally load something improvised, which would be a very low priority code change at this time, but maybe would get raised if there was enough popular support."

A blonde Lithmorran man with bright green eyes grins.

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Azarial makes a note to charge a combat round to forage.

Takta states to Kinaed, "I could just make broken bottles forageable in taverns, chair legs, etc."

Takta grins.

Takta claims, "This must happen."

Zaerieth Silverclaw claims, "I like the idea of imprivised weapons"
Kinaed nods at Takta.

Takta starts writing a note. (This is an OOC action)

Margaux le Rousselle wonders to Takta, "Or possibly city lore for urban environments?"

Kinaed claims to Zaerieth Silverclaw, "Improvised combat already exists."

Takta finishes his note.

Takta claims, "Forage's system already exists."

Kinaed nods at Takta.

Zaerieth Silverclaw says OOCly, "Well.. shows how much I know"

Kinaed claims, "Probably easy to randomly load something from there."

Kinaed smiles.

Takta states, "So doing it that way will require zero new code, whereas a city lore system would take a lot more code for a very small benefit."

Margaux le Rousselle asks, "Can you forage during combat?"

Kinaed queries to Karston ab Broderick, "Sorry, did you have the opportunity to raise your RP encouraged thing?"

Zaerieth Silverclaw queries, "I'd like to bring something up when we have a moment?"

Kinaed states to Margaux le Rousselle, "With this setup, certainly."

Karston ab Broderick says, "I've always been of a mind that if it happens in public, even if it's moderately trivial, it's a foundation for a rumor post. Which can only help other people to be handed something to potentially bounce off of for RP. You're in a small scene in the middle of Church Street and two gentryfolk are generally acting like southsiders? Rumor post."

Kinaed says to Zaerieth Silverclaw, "Yes, I'll call on you when the others have spoken about their items. Please write down what you want to talk about."

Karston ab Broderick claims, "I'm glad to see at least one person besides me believes that. Thank you for helping with *my* RP. More people do that, please."

Kinaed nods at Karston ab Broderick.

Mika states, "Yeah rumours are awesome"

Mika finishes abruptly, "In case anyone doesn't know you don't have to make it your character spreading the rumour - you can have a reasonable npc source"

Karston ab Broderick claims, "If I could prove who submitted the rumor I'm thinking of, I'd throw them a recommend just based on that. Because yeah, that was fun."

Kinaed claims, "Yes, and please remember - you get influence points for posting rumors, and rumors can be about anything. They can be true, they can be lies, they don't need to be related to people's RP specifically either - you can post a rumor about the weather. Please help us bring TI to life with your rumor-posting skills."

Mika says, "So you can even spread rumours about your own characters"

Azarial claims, "It's a bit hard to automate, so it's all on players."

Temi states, "You can submit recommends via request board 'to the person who did x'"

Temi says, "And we can try to sleuth it"

Temi says, "Rumors is easy."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Karston ab Broderick says, "... Why did I forget that? I really should know better."

Mika states, "Oh yeah you can see the source of a rumour but not necessarily who posted it"

Zaerieth Silverclaw claims, "Hmmm"

Mika states, "I think i know the rumour he's talking about =x"

Karston ab Broderick claims to Mika, "There's actually... two, now. though one's expired. =)"

Kinaed muses to Karston ab Broderick, "Does that cover your topic?"

Karston ab Broderick says to Kinaed, "Yes ma'am."

Mika says to Karston ab Broderick, "Nooo i think that one was me too"

Kinaed asks, "If yes, Zaerieth, please introduce us to what you wanted to discuss? :)"

Kave ab Caern claims, "I have yet to even look at the rumor system."

Karston ab Broderick says to Mika, "I knew I liked you for a reason."

Kinaed claims to Kave ab Caern, "I hope you enjoy it when you do. :)"

• Information