Log of OOC Meeting 5/16/2015

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Tremere

Sat May 16, 2015 5:54 pm

Kinaed asks, "Today's Agenda is:

- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics

Is there anything anyone would like to add to the agenda to make certain we discuss it today?"

Tomas claims, "Nada"

Kinaed says, "In that case, I'll kick off the Staff Updates."

Kinaed states, "I worked about 60 hours this week to launch a new website, going live on Monday, for my employer. Thus, I have done nothing but log in, read boards when I could, and harass other people to do work (sorry, Az, Temi, Takta, and the Order)."

Kinaed states, "This coming week, the website will be delivered, so I intend to spend some time reviewing things that have just been left hanging."

Temi grins.

Kinaed states to Azarial, "You're up."

Kinaed states, "Oh, still working on roles and masonry."

Kinaed says to Azarial, "Now you're really up."

Azarial states, "Foinshed up page one of palces; working on how to make eavesdropping work. fixed soe bugs, tweaked a few things, made a doll."

Kinaed says, "That should mean that we'll be able to test Places code soon."

Kinaed says to Temi, "You're up."

Azarial states, "Well, basic places is in pace and should be working. jmote, jsay, jwhisper, the polca, the saving and loading of palces."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Temi nods.

Kinaed states, "We'll roll it out once staff have tested it."

Temi says, "I've been working on magecrafting. Lots of talking about how to extend it."

Temi says, "Particularly paying mind to how to stretch it out to a full 75 ranks without being too scant for any one element."

Kinaed questions, "Anyone have any ideas they want to share?"

Temi says, "I don't want anyone to be excluded from levelling up because they don't have multiple elements, or have to make things they can't activate."

Tomas claims, "I don't know what magecrafting can already do, so I'm not really sure I could provide any good ideas"

Temi states, "And... especially lacking in rank 75 capper items, for some really cool things.. that aren't too overpowered."

Kinaed claims, "That does present a bit of an issue :)"

Kinaed nods at Tomas.

Temi says, "One thing I'm planning to add in and have told the other staffers about is experimentation potions."

Temi says, "They will be flexible, harder recipes but perhaps not expensive at all, that we don't tell you what they do.. and several different spells can activate them to do some different things."

Tomas questions, "Long stride boots that make it so you can move at a run while walking? so you can move pretty fast?"

Temi says, "So hopefully that will really appeal to some people and make for fun RP"

Kinaed claims to Tomas, "That seems like the right sort of thing :)"

Temi nods in agreement with Tomas.

Kinaed queries, "Maybe dancing shoes that raise your dancing skill or something?"

Temi trails off, "I wanted to ask you about that..."

Temi grins.

Kinaed queries, "General skill bonus items?"

Temi nods at Kinaed.

Temi claims, "That would be easy code to do we could add onto several new recipes"

Tomas asks, "Enchanted weapons and armor I think are always nice. maybe something that acts as temporary armor, lasts for a certain number of hits before it shatters?"

Kinaed has transferred Zaerieth Silverclaw. [OOC]

Kinaed states to Zaerieth Silverclaw, "We're looking for ideas to add to mage craft."

Tomas queries, "Doesn't block it completely, but maybe you could enchant a jacket to work like chain for 10 hits? that doesn't seem like it would be too over powered as armor doesn't completely negate damage"

Temi says, "But yeah, that's basically what I've been doing. Quite glad of more ideas. Jotting these all down."

Zaerieth Silverclaw says, "Hmmm"

Azarial gives a wooden doll with detached head to Zaerieth Silverclaw.

A slim girl with wispy hair and brown eyes says, "Oh, I -am- looking forward to the magecraft expansion"

A husky blonde Lithmorran lad scoops the doll through the air, jerking the head on the end of its string. After several attempts, he catches the head on the neck and the axe.

Zaerieth Silverclaw states, "Oh, that's funny"

Kinaed states, "Well, if you don't have any specific ideas here, please feel free to pboard Temi."

A slim girl with wispy hair and brown eyes states, "Magical armor already does exist, however. I am thinking of a flying carpet, since flight has already been coded."

Kinaed queries to Temi, "Maybe post a request to submit ideas on the general board?"

Temi nods.

Temi states, "I can do that."

Kinaed claims, "A flying carpet would be hilarious."

Zaerieth Silverclaw states, "Yeah.. that would be great"

Kinaed claims to Temi, "Could work similarly to a canoe."

Temi nods in agreement with Kinaed.

A slim girl with wispy hair and brown eyes states, "Apart from that... I'm pretty much out of ideas for magery, unless magic poison wouldn't be too OP."

Kinaed has transferred Iain Rosern. [OOC]
Iain Rosern crosses the center of the room.

Iain Rosern slows to a halt.

Iain Rosern waves

Azarial gives a wooden doll with detached head to Iain Rosern.

A slim girl with wispy hair and brown eyes claims, "Curses. :D"

Kinaed states to Iain Rosern, "We're soliciting ideas to expand magecraft with. People have suggested things like flying carpets and enchanted armor."

Kinaed questions to a slim girl with wispy hair and brown eyes, "Any suggestions? :)"

Temi grins.

A slim girl with wispy hair and brown eyes claims, "Oh, magical plate for higher ranks would be great. As for additional suggestions. Hex is already out there... Perhaps something to make someone drunk for, like, 30 IC days."

Temi claims, "Specifically looking for ideas for items, rather than spells."

Tomas states, "Enchanted ring to understand languages"

Tomas states, "With a skill equal to your magecraft skill"

Azarial queries, "Poison of immolation? fail the rpa check, burn fromt he inside out?"

Tomas states, "Could do a ring per language or do a high level one for all languages"

Temi nods at Tomas.

Temi states, "Ring for languages would be easy if we do skills on items."

Temi claims, "And sounds like Kin is okay with that."

Temi grins.

Zaerieth Silverclaw claims, "Oh joy.. more things for order ti find."

A slim girl with wispy hair and brown eyes claims, "A potion that curses someone to be drunk for 30 Ic days would make riding a pain."

Zaerieth Silverclaw grins.

A slim girl with wispy hair and brown eyes rubs her hands together greedily.

Kinaed says, "I could see things like a ring of invisibility, provided these items actually were difficult/costly to make and eventually disintegrated."

Iain Rosern cheers. "I need to add a few new pieces my humming object collection."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

A slim girl with wispy hair and brown eyes says, "I'm not sure. Cloak of the Seven has always been an extremely fragile spell, Kin."

Kinaed nods at a slim girl with wispy hair and brown eyes.

Tomas states, "And maybe invisibility broke if you attack someone, or if it stays on, in combat you are still targetable just with a reduced chance to hit"

Iain Rosern says, "I like the drunk-potion idea.. that would be some fun rp"

Kinaed says, "I'd expect invis to break as it normally does."

Temi says, "It should probably still break under the normal circumstances that break it"

Temi nods in agreement with Kinaed.

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Temi asks, "Jinx?"

Temi grins.

Kinaed says to Temi, "Great minds."

Kinaed asks, "Okay, we might move on though?"

Kinaed queries to Takta, "Are you in there to update us?"

Temi nods.

Tomas states, "Oh magical baby monitor to determine gender of the babies... purely for rp. and oh right, moving on >.>"

Kinaed trails off to Tomas, "I like that. Or a magical pregnancy meter that tells you instantly if you're pregnant..."

Temi claims, "It's not codedly decided until birth, though... but a pregnancy test would be amusing."

Temi grins.

Kinaed claims, "Might not be easy to code."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kinaed questions, "Maybe a gemstone that changes color when a pregnant woman holds it?"

A slim girl with wispy hair and brown eyes says, "Infertility curse. Destroys someone's loins for a year. *cackles*"

Zaerieth Silverclaw grins.

Kinaed claims to a slim girl with wispy hair and brown eyes, "Sounds like a decent type of hex."

Kinaed jots it down for other reasons.

Temi claims, "I think I can do that with current code, even."

A slim girl with wispy hair and brown eyes can point out a few people who she'd be doing a favor.

Temi says, "Maybe not a year."

Tomas states, "Maybe a week or a month"

Temi states, "I don't know how long potion affects can last."

A slim girl with wispy hair and brown eyes asks, "Potions last between 177 and 280 or so minutes, no?"

Temi says, "They do. But what they -can- do."

Temi grins.

Temi says, "Right now they just do what I tell them to."

Temi claims to Kinaed, "I think Takta was going to be gone, she said."

Kinaed says, "Okay, Temi has an action item to put up a general board note asking for ideas. We've gotten all of these."

Kinaed queries, "Thanks everyone! Staff Updates are over if Takta isn't here, so... Player Heartbeat! How's RP been in the last week, folks?"

A slim girl with wispy hair and brown eyes claims, "Oh! I'd like to add just one. Bombs, since currently I run the risk of blowing myself up with bad timing."

Kinaed grins.

Sameer de Ashimid wonders, "Aging hex that applies old age code?"

A slim girl with wispy hair and brown eyes says, "I'm fairly sure staff already know what stuff I've been cooking up."

Kinaed says to Sameer de Ashimid, "Sweet idea"

Iain Rosern claims, "RP has gone well.. handling Siva's case and sifting through a million reports of a million things as well as plotting some of the next steps for the Order re: Blackest Day"

Kinaed says, "Nice."

Kinaed questions, "What about everyone else? Happy with the game?"

Zaerieth Silverclaw asks, "I'll admit.. between siva's case, and dealing with blackest day, its a bit hetic somewhat lost in the plot if you understand?"

Tomas says, "It's pretty good. I've actually got a couple of ideas for plot stuff ideas in mind for after the current plot, just want to talk with staff about it before I commit to it. but yeah I am happy, having fun"

A slim girl with wispy hair and brown eyes states, "I haven't been RPing much lately. I guess things just died down, personally."

Temi nods.

Kinaed wonders, "Hmm. What can the staff do to make the game better, in your opinions, folks?"

A husky blonde Lithmorran lad states, "A little frustrated trying to find folk to sponsor me is like trying to find needles in haystacks"

Kinaed questions to a husky blonde Lithmorran lad, "What guild are you seeking?"

A husky blonde Lithmorran lad says, "Reeves"

Kinaed claims, "Give me a moment."

A slim girl with wispy hair and brown eyes claims, "I've noticed a distinct lack of physicians available for RP. I've had a slash for so long I'm thinking I should be dead by now."

Tomas says to a husky blonde Lithmorran lad, "My alt albrecht is in the reeves. After this I have to go work out, but this evening if you are still on I can throw him out and about and they can meet and talk if you like"

A husky blonde Lithmorran lad states, "Works for me"

A husky blonde Lithmorran lad states, "As long as i can get the 2 sponsors"

Tomas questions to a husky blonde Lithmorran lad, "Also have you tried mailing people on the guildlist?"

A husky blonde Lithmorran lad says, "Um no not yet"

Kinaed questions to a husky blonde Lithmorran lad, "Have you typed 'guildlist reeve'?"

A husky blonde Lithmorran lad nods.

Kinaed says, "Right now, there are three Reeves online. As a seeker, you do need to actively contact them (mail Brynieve, for example, as the instructions tell you when you 'seek reeves')"

A husky blonde Lithmorran lad states, "I was going to mail her after i had gotten the sponsors"

Kinaed claims to a husky blonde Lithmorran lad, "Nah, mail her before hand, trust me."

Kinaed says to a husky blonde Lithmorran lad, "Anyway, if you go another week and cannot, no matter how hard you try, find potential sponsors to RP with, let me know."

A slim girl with wispy hair and brown eyes states, "Yeah. She frequently sends us seeker-hunting."

A husky blonde Lithmorran lad grins.

Kinaed wonders, "Anyone want to add anything else that they think staff ought to be working on?"

Tomas states, "I know a while ago we discussed coded gambling and such. i would love that. I would totally have a character open up a gambling hall"

A slim girl with wispy hair and brown eyes queries, "I have a question. Is it possible to RPA the exact time you intend for something to expire?"

Tomas claims, "That might give people something to do just on their own when not wanting to plot or fight"

Kinaed questions, "What kind of gambling would you like to see?"

Azarial states, "Well, darts are doable now, and pigsty works. cards as well"

Kinaed states to a slim girl with wispy hair and brown eyes, "You should be able to. There's a converttime and timeconvert command to find out when things happen ICLy"

Temi claims to a slim girl with wispy hair and brown eyes, "What sort of thing? I'm not opposed to it in the event of things I can do."

Tomas states, "Ahh, I didn't know cards and darts worked as well now"

A slim girl with wispy hair and brown eyes claims, "I'll send a tell to ya'll after the meeting."

Azarial queries, "Darts can be retooled throwing daggers for now, and cards have always worked?"

A slim girl with wispy hair and brown eyes claims, "For instance, I want something to expire, say, exactly 30 minutes from creation or sammat."

Kinaed states, "That might be better to organize with Temi."

Temi nods.

Temi says, "Yeah, talk with me in more detail."

Kinaed trails off, "Okay, so if that wraps up our Player Heartbeat... "

Kinaed claims, "We have 30 minutes to talk about anything we want."

Kinaed questions, "Or we can wrap up early? Party?"

Kinaed makes cake.

Temi claims, "We could always talk about more magecrafting ideas."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Kinaed has created a firm, smooth cake of fruit-scented soap!

Kinaed peers at the cake of soap.

Kinaed says, "Not as yummy as what I was aiming for."

Kinaed eats a firm, smooth cake of fruit-scented soap.

Zaerieth Silverclaw muses, "How was medicine changed, I know it was reworked.. was working with screen readers included?"

Kinaed burps bubbles.

Kinaed nods at Zaerieth Silverclaw.

Temi has created a sliver of golden layer cake topped with a strawberry rose!

Azarial says, "If colour is off, it should output in a mor friendly manner"

Temi gives a sliver of golden layer cake topped with a strawberry rose to Kinaed.

Zaerieth Silverclaw claims, "I've not worked that line of rp with her, because of the issue"

A slim girl with wispy hair and brown eyes wonders, "Say Magic soap which lasts super long?"

Temi claims, "Magic perfumes was something I was considering."

Kinaed states, "We didn't do a lot. We removed the emote each time a person applies something to the wound. For screenreaders, in black and white mode, we've made it so that the game displays three lines - particularly the coordinates that haven't been tried and the coordinates of the ones your skill tells you are bad."

Zaerieth Silverclaw muses, "So how do I know then what to do about a wound?"

Kinaed claims, "The same way everyone else does - examine it. It will tell you where it is and what type it is."

A slim girl with wispy hair and brown eyes claims, "I'm not sure how -this- would work, but perhaps even a potion that can force someone into the Astral. Perhaps imprison them there for a set time."

Temi muses to a slim girl with wispy hair and brown eyes, "Do you mean just stay clean super long?"

Temi trails off, "Hrm..."

A slim girl with wispy hair and brown eyes says to Temi, "The clean thing for super long was an idea I posted for a Water spell :)"

Temi nods at a slim girl with wispy hair and brown eyes.

Kinaed claims, "If you mean which objects you use, that's a bit of an experiment thing, but you can no doubt easily figure it out with the help of the Physicians guild."

Kinaed claims, "That'd be cool, Sedore, particularly if it worked on non-mages."

Sameer de Ashimid states, "Rather than a potion, make it a weapon that you finish someone with, and rather than death, banishes them to the astral for x amount of time, after which they are 'reborn' into the world somehow."

A slim girl with wispy hair and brown eyes nods at Kinaed.

A slim girl with wispy hair and brown eyes claims, "That was the idea."

Iain Rosern says to Zaerieth Silverclaw, "I'd be happy to give you an IC crash course sometime, or the physicians are always a great resource for all things medicinal"

Kinaed claims to Sameer de Ashimid, "Sounds colorful, but maybe a bad idea."

Iain Rosern looks to Sameer de Ashimid, "That sounds.. awesome."

Iain Rosern murmers, "though I have nod idea how good or bad of an idea it is.. just very interesting >.>

Kinaed states, "Uh, not 'A BAD IDEA', but a bad idea to send someone to the astral who can be reborn (apologies)."

Azarial states, "They'd likely be dumped back wherever they happened to be."

A slim girl with wispy hair and brown eyes says, "I find myself wishing we had some magical means to heal wounds."

Azarial queries, "Beyind the fire spells?"

A slim girl with wispy hair and brown eyes claims, "Fire spells require more than one person, for Threshold and the like."

say magical masks to make yourself look like other people?

Tomas questions, "Magical masks to make yourself look like other people?"

Kinaed questions, "I don't think they do?"

Zaerieth Silverclaw states, "I can figure the ic bits, have figured out some of them, I'm more thinking when I examine, and go to treat is all"

Tomas asks, "Maybe require they get a physical component from the target?"

Iain Rosern claims, "And... someone's calling me >.> Can I be transed out."

Kinaed questions, "The mage who casts and the wounded person are all that's necessary imho?"

Iain Rosern says, "Sorry.. ths is very interesting, but RL calls :("

Iain Rosern has been transferred out by Kinaed. [OOC]

Kinaed claims, "I think getting the stuff to become someone else is a cool, provided getting stuff off someone to become them is something you get only during breed or something."

Kinaed asks, "Any other ideas or things people feel keen to discuss? Anything in game broken right now?"

Tomas wonders, "Yeah I was thinking breed or maybe requiring a check for plucking someone's hair or the like... but if you get caught you are going to get looked sideways at and it only lasts so long you know?"

Tomas says, "That way you can't do it permanently"

Kinaed says, "If not, I may wrap this up early and let everyone get back to their daily dose of RP :)"

Kinaed states, "Alright, everyone - thank you so much for coming."

Kinaed claims to Tomas, "And for Scribing :)"

Kinaed trails off, "I'll look forward to seeing everyone next week. The retrans is about to commence in 5..."

Kinaed trails off, "4..."

Kinaed trails off, "3..."

• Information