Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Voxumo
Discord Handle: Voxumo#7925

Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:06 pm

Kinaed wonders, "Today's Agenda:

- Staff Updates
- Player Heartbeat
- Player Topics

Does anyone have anything they want to add to the agenda to ensure we discuss it?"

Kinaed states, "I can't go later, mucks up my weekend. I have kids, so I have to actually spend time with them."

Delilah claims, "Re: Time- I prefer it later.. But that is just me."

Kinaed nods at Delilah.

Kinaed trails off, "Okay, I'm going to assume no one has anything in particular they want to talk about after the long, drawn out silence... :)"

Kinaed has transferred a fair haired vavardi man with sapphire eyes. [OOC]

Kinaed claims, "So to kick off this meeting: I only played my PC last week. I think I might have read a few posts and had a couple of chats about stuff with staff, but nothing otherwise substantial. Are people waiting on something from me? I get the feeling there's a spec I'm supposed to be working on."

Kinaed says, "I think I might have cleared a few requests though."

Samantha speaks up "You mentione last week you would speak with staff about backstab, not sure if that is the spec you are referencing."

Kinaed claims, "Yeah, my availability ran out last week, but thanks for reminding me. I'd like Takta around for that convo though."

Kinaed states, "Okay, Azarial is afk - so I'll do her update for her: zarial]: Bugs, flight spell, more work on archery. Trying to work out the quiver portion."

Kinaed states, "There's a new spell in the game, flight (Ascention of Aerolus)"

Kinaed queries, "Ascent?"

Delilah claims, "Ascent, yea."

Temi nods.

Kinaed says, "Something like that. We will be looking at building new areas for that."

A full-figured blonde with pale blue eyes likes this ^

Kinaed says, "I think that's all for Azarial."

Kinaed claims to Temi, "You're up."

Temi declares, "Okay!"

Samantha raises hand "What is the main purpose of that spell? All I've noticed is that it is essentially an mv free sprint

A Lithmorran woman with a broad, freckled face claims, "Flying through air rooms."

Kinaed nods at a Lithmorran woman with a broad, freckled face.

A fat Lithmorran woman with brown curls begins to count their money.

Temi states, "So, I've made more progress on the info for staff on how to handle RPAs. I've got a bit more of that to put into helpfiles. And I'm getting started on seasonality stuff."

Iris states, "By itself, a mv free sprint is preeeetttty awesome."

Temi states, "Need to decide how detailed I want to make all that."

Temi says, "And not a whole lot besides those things. Handling RPAs and such."

Albrecht claims, "Gump's Swiftness. Run like the great wizard Forrest Gump, never tiring"

Kinaed nods at Temi.

A full-figured blonde with pale blue eyes states, "I think -flying- out of the tower should be a thing now >_>"

Kinaed chuckles.

A full-figured blonde with pale blue eyes will take the chuckle as a NO!

"I remember there being something about Aura of sanctuary getting looked at before my extended hiatus. Is that still on the agenda for sometime?" Anthony aks curiously "And by looked at I mean removing the small sideffect of the fact that it's pretty much a bomb in it's current state." [Anthony]

Kinaed says, "We considered naming the spell after Zeita, but thought it would require permanent memorial QP. Feel free to donate :P"

Samantha arches brow "Aura of sanctuary as a bomb?"

Kinaed states, "I think the bomb was the actual intended point of the spell. Alas, I don't remember the conversation."

Kinaed nods at Samantha.

A Lithmorran woman with a broad, freckled face was happy to pay for it all along.

Samantha claims, "Oh I had my spells mistaken"

Temi says to Kinaed, "The aura of sanctuary bomb side-effect was something you planned as a side-use of the spell from the beginning. But not the main purpose."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

A full-figured blonde with pale blue eyes claims, "All your evidence is destroyed? Thats unfortunate. >_>"

"Currently it's the only use, at least as I see it" Anthony states with a shrug "The 'primary' use just isn't very attractive due to it's obviousness, and the fact that it will explode in your face" [Anthony]

Kinaed states, "I don't remember the remove the affect convo, but I can admit that I've thought it wasn't working out quite as planned and it might need revision."

Kinaed wonders, "Okay, Delilah, I think you're up? :)"

"I think it came up after the Great Perfume Incident." Anthony states with a shrug "This was a... while back" [Anthony]

Kinaed made notes about Backstab and Aura for staff discussion after.

Kinaed nods at Anthony.

Delilah states, "I've handled some requests, messed up a couple of things and tried to repair them of course. hehe. Fixed some typo's, tested some things that needed checked out but as a whole not a terrible lot. I should do more when I have the time to be here 100%.. Awarded blogs as well for the month just before the meeting."

Kinaed states, "We may have discussed it and decided to leave it at that time."

Kinaed smiles.

Kinaed states, "Thanks, Del."

Kinaed questions, "Okay, I think that wraps up Staff Updates. Any questions or thoughts?"

Kinaed exclaims, "Whoops, Iris!"

Kinaed asks of Iris, "There you are, want to update us?"

Delilah laughs.

Delilah hugs Iris.

A full-figured blonde with pale blue eyes declares to Kinaed, "I can do it for her! *said in Iris' voice* "I pretty much was just AWESOME all week!" "

Iris pontificates, "Not here often, don't blame you. =P Been working on plots, pacing them out, and haven't done too much this past week except planning. Been a little scarce, which works out alright because people always complain about plots coming too fast!"

Kinaed states, "Oh, that's good. Thanks, Jhu-Iris."

Kinaed smiles.

Samantha raises hand "I actually have a question for staff."

Kinaed nods at Samantha.

Samantha declares, "Has there been any progress on finding the cause and fixing the (!Guild) bug thing"

Kinaed wonders, "!guild bug thing?"

Iris states to Samantha, "There has; it happens because staff with guilds off switch into a player, and the affect transfers to that player."

Samantha ah, well good to know we at least know the cause now

Kinaed muses, "Staff are switching into players?"

Delilah states, "I am.. lost."

Kinaed claims to Delilah, "Me too."

Samantha questions, "On that same note iris, do we have a cure for it yet or a way to fix it?"

A Lithmorran woman with a broad, freckled face queries, "Turning off holylight?"

A full-figured blonde with pale blue eyes was going to say that ^

Kinaed states, "I think the bug is reported and awaiting resolution."

A fair haired vavardi man with sapphire eyes is idle.

A fair haired vavardi man with sapphire eyes is no longer idle.
A fair haired vavardi man with sapphire eyes has returned from AFK.

Kinaed claims, "Anything else? Otherwise, I think we're at Player Heartbeat."

Kinaed asks, "How's the RP been in the last week, folks?"

Samantha cackles evilly "Wonderfully splendid."

A fair haired vavardi man with sapphire eyes claims, "Haven't really been around much. Job has me working doubles for the next few weeks."

Kinaed nods at a fair haired vavardi man with sapphire eyes.

A full-figured blonde with pale blue eyes trails off, "Slow for me.... I nursing school is eating up my free time T_T"

Kinaed nods at a full-figured blonde with pale blue eyes.

A young, turquoise eyed lady with curling red hair states, "Well enough.."

Kinaed declares, "IRL has been pretty full on for me as well. This whole 'getting older and getting a job thing'!"

Albrecht trails off, "This alt was actually... productive this week"

Anthony chuckles "I made the journey back. So far it's been great."

Samantha claims, "I never realized how much I missed playing a mage till this week."

Kinaed smiles at Anthony.

Shaylei has returned from AFK.

Karrina claims, "Been having problems with my comp, but got a great personal story twist this week."

Kinaed states to Samantha, "They are more fun, imho."

Shaylei claims to Kinaed, "You're still a spring chicken, Kinaed :)"

Kinaed says to Karrina, "Good to hear."

Anthony claims, "Once you get past the whole mediate spam X_X"

Kinaed says to Shaylei, "I'll be 35 on my birthday. *pout*"

Samantha states, "That is why purchase meditation 35 in preparation."

Karrina blinks at Kinaed. "So will I, Kinky. I'm a June baby.

Albrecht says, "I still have yet to make a mage"

Albrecht claims, "I should sometime"

Delilah claims, "I'll be... 28 this year? Yea.."

Kinaed says to Karrina, "June 9th here."

Kinaed questions to Karrina, "When are you?"

Karrina claims to Kinaed, "June 21"

Samantha leans up close to Albrecht and whispers in his ear "You will not regret it."

"I highly reccomend it" Anthony says with a chuckle "So much fun" [Anthony]

Albrecht claims, "I'll be 30 in april"

Kinaed cheers.

A Lithmorran woman with a broad, freckled face turns 34 in 2 weeks.

A fat Lithmorran woman with brown curls has gone AFK.

Anthony mumbles and blushes "20 this december?"

A fat Lithmorran woman with brown curls has returned from AFK.

A full-figured blonde with pale blue eyes highfives Anthony, "Youth!"

Anthony highfives a full-figured blonde with pale blue eyes back

Delilah chuckles. "We do have less younger players than we used to..

Kinaed nods at Delilah.

Samantha smirks to a full-figured blonde with pale blue eyes "Just turned 22 in january."

Anthony "I'm attempting to drag benny back"

Kinaed states to Anthony, "Hehe, do that. :)"

Samantha says, "You better man, I miss him"

Anthony says, "And Nessie is probably returning as well"

Kinaed states, "Okay, after Player Heartbeat - Player Topics."

Anthony claims, "Estone is shipping off in am onth to boot so he's not gonna be coming back soon :("

Kinaed muses, "Anyone have anything at all they want to discuss with staff?"

Kinaed nods sadly to Anthony.

Delilah exclaims, "I'm surprised to hear that about Estone- not what I expected!"

Kinaed says to Delilah, "I think I knew because of Facebook."

Kinaed says, "But I didn't know /when/."

Delilah claims, "Man, I should look at FB more."

Kinaed claims to Delilah, "I only get to see it on Fridays, mostly."

Iris declaims, "Are there any ideas that people have for plots they'd like to see? The Daravi plot header I'm working through is planned to... ah... get bigger. I'll be the first to admit it's fairly hard to involve yourself in though. I'd love to have more readily open ones, maybe smaller ones!"

Kinaed questions, "Maybe we can do something inspired by the current city report?"

Temi nods.

Temi states, "I should host a plot again, but I couldn't think of something that seemed right."

"Though this wouldn't be for a while, I'd be interested in something with magebane when that comes around. Especially given the changes with the holiday and evocation" Anthony states with a grin [Anthony]

Delilah exclaims, "Ack, Gotta run. Have fun in game!"

Delilah has left the game.

A young, turquoise eyed lady with curling red hair has left the game.

Samantha nods to Kinaed "something small would be nice, something that a larger group can get involved with."

Kinaed asks, "Has anyone had the opportunity to muck around with magic on magebane?"

A full-figured blonde with pale blue eyes claims, "YES"

A full-figured blonde with pale blue eyes exclaims, "It was beautiful!"

Kinaed asks, "Does it work okay? No bugs or weirdness?"

Anthony squeals in delight "IT WORKS THEN?"

Samantha arches brow "What about magebane?"

A full-figured blonde with pale blue eyes claims to Kinaed, "Nope"

A full-figured blonde with pale blue eyes states to Anthony, "It doesn, but no pooling. "

Kinaed claims to Samantha, "On magebane, mages can evoke without balancing the moons."

A full-figured blonde with pale blue eyes says to Anthony, "Does*"

Samantha claims, "Oh yeah, that"

Kinaed claims, "It doesn't pool to prevent spam pooling"

Iris asks of Kinaed, "When you say city report, what do you have in mind?"

Kinaed says, "Natural magic has been removed from the game."

Kinaed says to Iris, "Lemme see."

A full-figured blonde with pale blue eyes says to Kinaed, "Which makes me sadddddd :("

Kinaed states, "When I type city report, I see Lawfulness is in the middle, health and infrastructure are low... in fact, the only thing decent is economics at the moment."

"Natural magic?" Anthony states with a raised brow [Anthony]

Kinaed asks, "Any sense as to what that might inspire?"

"Are you talking about the spots where you could charge talismans?" Anthony wonders [Anthony]

A full-figured blonde with pale blue eyes states to Anthony, "Evoking, and the moons be ballanced all the time. "

Anthony claims, "Ahhhhh"

Kinaed states to Anthony, "It's an Old TI thing where some mages could evoke and 'force' the moons into place without balancing them."

A full-figured blonde with pale blue eyes trails off to Anthony, "I have only heard rumors of this... "

Anthony nods to kin

Kinaed claims to Anthony, "It was set up by Tam and Baz and seemed to be sort of a nepotism thing - but it probably only seemed that way because there was no real process or selection attribute to get it beyond asking."

A full-figured blonde with pale blue eyes declares to Kinaed, "Apps and qp would help that! "

A full-figured blonde with pale blue eyes nudges Kinaed.

Anthony says, "Might be something to mess around with for plots"

Kinaed says, "Anyway, when Az and I took over TI, I removed it from play, but not code. At first we let it be an option purchased by QP, but then we found we only gave it to people who asked, and yet again it felt a bit nepotism-y."

Kinaed claims, "So we removed it completely."

Anthony nods "awwww. Ok"

A Lithmorran woman with a broad, freckled face wonders, "Purchasable for extra xp?"

A full-figured blonde with pale blue eyes pouts.

Kinaed claims, "It was at first, but then we removed it because we weren't comfortable with it. So there's no such thing as a "natural mage" atm."

Kinaed says, "Either you're born with it and go through latency (natural) or you sacrifice for it."

A full-figured blonde with pale blue eyes wonders to Kinaed, "Court demon granted adter doing something unspeakably evil? :D"

Kinaed says, "I'm not sure if Sacrifice is complete and in game atm, but I think it -might- be, or it's in the tail end of testing."

Samantha sighs wistfully and looks towards the sky "Ah memories.."

A full-figured blonde with pale blue eyes intensifies!
Kinaed claims to a full-figured blonde with pale blue eyes, "I believe a court demon can give magery, but it's a bit of a chicken and egg, becuase only mages can summon demons."

Iris claims, "You'd have to coerce a mage to summon a court demon for you."

Iris claims, "Which would be pretty spectacular."

A full-figured blonde with pale blue eyes pontificates, "Get by with a little of a friend!"

Kinaed says to a full-figured blonde with pale blue eyes, "Oh, you mean becoming a natural mage from Demons? Interesting idea, but probably not something I'd be adding in game soon."

Kinaed nods at Iris.

A full-figured blonde with pale blue eyes is on the same wave-length as Iris.

Kinaed states, "Spectacular and doable."

A full-figured blonde with pale blue eyes states, "Jhu/ris is the new thing. "

Iris grins.

Samantha states, "It would be awesome if court demons could grant mages access to beyond the fifth circle."

A Lithmorran woman with a broad, freckled face writes fanfic.

Kinaed says, "Okay, we have 20 minutes left, but it seems like not much on our minds talk-wise."

Kinaed muses, "Want to wrap up early?"

Anthony would DIE if that happened. And franticly summon demons

Samantha says, "I did actually have one thing to bring up kinaed"

A full-figured blonde with pale blue eyes subscribes to a Lithmorran woman with a broad, freckled face's whatever to read such things.

Kinaed muses to Samantha, "Oh? Sure! What's up?"

Samantha says, "Last week or the week before you briefly mentioned something about the manus, and how they might be in the works for returning. I'm just slightly curious if it's been thought about how it could return from a story point of view"

Samantha claims, "Because as much as I would love them back, I think it may be a bit of a stretch from a story/theme point of view"

Kinaed states, "Yes, we're working that out with staff. One of our villain apps was going to lead it, but that didn't turn out to be workable, so staff have to figure something else out."

Karrina has left the game.

Anthony has an idea on that front actually

Iris questions to Samantha, "I'm curious; why do you think it would be a stretch?"

Kinaed questions to Anthony, "What are you thinking?"

Samantha claims, "I think it would be a stretch because the manus's tower, and all the knowledge contained within was destroyed when it fell from the sky. Also a majority of the mages who may have known about it are either gone or dead"

Azarial has returned from AFK.

"was the tower damaged or destroyed?" Anthony wonders [Anthony]

Azarial says, "Icly destroyed."

Anthony "Because if it wasn't destroyed, it's always been considered semi-sentient. Just have it 'pick' a new GL.'

Kinaed claims, "I think it was destroyed, but the Manus help file says they pop up now and again in waves, regardless of all else."

A Lithmorran woman with a broad, freckled face claims to Samantha, "It could have continued operating in other areas of the kingdom, conceivably."

Azarial states, "With a nice aurora and such."

Temi says, "The tower isn't necessarily something that would be included with the manus returning."

Kinaed nods at Temi.

Temi says, "It was a part of the original problem, mages just hiding out there and never actually doing stuff."

Iris says to Samantha, "The key here is that this is all from your perspective; all the knowledge and known operatives from it from your perspective are gone. As Milli mentioned, it might be operating elsewhere, or it might revive as a totally different organization."

Iris shrugs.

"Well... There's always the Chapterhouse." Anthony suggests with a shrug [Anthony]

Samantha shrugs to Iris

Samantha says, "Damn enter button"

A fair haired vavardi man with sapphire eyes is idle.

Samantha shrugs to Iris "You have a point, but if that were true you would think those groups would come to lithmore in hopes ot bringing the shattered remains of the manus together... at least from my persepctive."

Kinaed states, "Maybe that's how we can coach the re-emergences of the Manus."

A Lithmorran woman with a broad, freckled face states, "If I was a mage org, I'd avoid Lithmore city as much as I could, tbh. :)"

Azarial states, "Things like that library (i enjoyed writing that) would be gone, though. all of those books, the resoruces, the portals...kablooie."

Kinaed states to a Lithmorran woman with a broad, freckled face, "You're not a natural rebel."

A Lithmorran woman with a broad, freckled face states to Kinaed, "You're on to me. :)"

Iris claims to Samantha, "Mage PCs have never been very inclusive or trusting of one another - ever. I think it's very hard to say what they would or wouldn't do."

Iris says, "Based on how PC mages are, anyways."

Kinaed has a great big yawn.

Kinaed questions, "Ten minutes. What else is on people's minds?"

Albrecht states, "Personally I like the idea of mages meeting in basements here or there, small covens. maybe one enterprising one hosting it in a warehouse they bought, I don't know. that may just be me."

Azarial claims to Albrecht, "That;d be a good start towards any guild rp."

A fat Lithmorran woman with brown curls nods at Albrecht.

Kinaed nods at Albrecht.

Albrecht says, "I just think it adds more to the rp aspect then, big magic tower in the sky, everyone port there, lets not interact otherwise"

Azarial claims, "Well, not really in thr sky. it just lurked around the city."

A Lithmorran woman with a broad, freckled face says, "I had a suggestion. A 'request' channel to communicate with the staff- similar to visnet but only visible to staff."

Samantha states, "The only nice thing about the manus, because i could careless about having a base, is that it offered mages a far easier way to meet each other and interact. Now it's all about leaving a mood in the astral and hope some mage responds"

Kinaed claims, "I've thought of that a few times."

Azarial states, "Woound;t be hard with the generic channel handler I wrote, I think."

Iris says to Samantha, "Well, you could actually -meet- in the Astral, too. I think that's the best way to go about it. Meet in the astral, set up a few ways to gain each other's trust, meet in the material, boom. Witch coven."

A Lithmorran woman with a broad, freckled face claims, "I didn't have a huge amount of trouble meeting mages with Zeita."

Kinaed says, "Okay, we have 5 more minutes."

The Programmer eats a demonic penis sugar cookie.

Kinaed states, "I'm falling asleep at the keyboard, very useless."

Iris waves. "I'm out!"

Anthony eats a demonic penis sugar cookie.

You blink, and suddenly Iris is gone. [OOC]

Anthony gets a demonic penis sugar cookie.

The Programmer questions, "Bah, why is the @self/!others not orking? >_<"

Kinaed queries, "Anything anyone wants to add or discuss before we close down to continue next week?"

Kinaed questions to Azarial, "Did you typo it, perhaps?"

Azarial questions, "Did someone cover turning ecits and eyes of the hawk?"

Azarial states, "No, no typos."

Azarial gets a demonic penis sugar cookie.

Kinaed finishes abruptly, "Also, @others/@self is for 'use' - you're eating it, need @taste and @eat"
Azarial eats a demonic penis sugar cookie.

Azarial trails off, "......."

Azarial drops her face in her hands, her ears flopping forward, before shaking her head.

Kinaed questions, "Hold it and use it?"

Kinaed gets a demonic penis sugar cookie.

Kinaed holds a demonic penis sugar cookie in her hand.

Kinaed tries to wrap her mouth around the cookie to take a bite. It appears to have a filling from how Kinaed juggles it.

A fair haired vavardi man with sapphire eyes says, "I have a question"

Azarial says, "Yeah, totally flubbed it. dang."

Kinaed states, "Oh, gross."

Kinaed drops a demonic penis sugar cookie.

Kinaed comforts Azarial.

A fair haired vavardi man with sapphire eyes muses, "You mentioned a 'villain' app for the Manus GL. Why exactly do the Manus have to be 'villains'?"

Anthony glances at az suspiciously "How much league do youhave you played Az?"

Kinaed claims, "During our Villain competition, the winner was someone who chose to app Manus."

Azarial queries to Anthony, "League? whut?"

A fair haired vavardi man with sapphire eyes states, "Ah I see"

Samantha rolls eyes "Lets not have a repeat of the last rubeus. His peaceful take on the manus was the downfall of it

"Because your description is exactly that of one of the characters" Anthony states with a laugh [Anthony]

Kinaed states, "Let's be kind. But yes, we do want the Manus, thematically, to be a terrorist organisation."

A Lithmorran woman with a broad, freckled face is curious what she could do with the Manus.

Kinaed claims, "Not a mage haven."

Kinaed claims, "At least, not primarily."

Samantha huffs "I'm sorry kinaed, I'm just vert bitter about that whole thing. I tried to add that spark of terror back into the manus and was killed by my own guildmembers because I was trying to be thematic to it."

Kinaed nods at Samantha.

Kinaed comforts Samantha.

Anthony gives Samantha a hug

Kinaed says, "Time's up :)"

A fair haired vavardi man with sapphire eyes claims, "Things evolve. You can't just make something remain entirely as it is to keep it as a static theme otherwise it gets stale."

Samantha smirks "I said I'm bitter, not sad, but thanks anyway. If all works out my current mage will be a force to reckon with."

Kinaed says, "Thank you, everyone, for attending and participating."

Kinaed smiles at a fair haired vavardi man with sapphire eyes.

Azarial claims, "The new spell should be fun."

Kinaed nods at Azarial.

Kinaed says, "A couple of the new air spells are certainly RP useful."

Samantha claims, "I never realized how few spells air had compared to like void"

Kinaed trails off, "Alright, hold onto your hats..."
Lurks the Forums

• Information