Changes to STs

Ideas that have been discussed, approved, and are awaiting implementation.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Dice

Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:58 am

So I've run a few STs, and have had a few problems with the code here and there, mostly aspects where you just can't run a ST without having a staffer around - and given staffer schedules/availability these days, that's problematic. I'd like to suggest STs get the following commands:

Peace: Not very abusable in the course of a ST but absolutely necessary for when combat bugs or other issues require a restart to combat. I usually end up asking staff for about 2-3 peaces a ST, and sometimes RP is held up/people hurt unreasonably while we wait. (Not to complain about staff, just an issue of timing/availability!)

Restore: A little more abusable, arguably, but again I've often struggled with the lack of this command, especially when somebody gets hurt when they shouldn't. Last night I was unable to get some items off a dying mob and wished so fiercely to have restore.

Full trans, not just transing members of a story: Possibly the most problematic request, I know. For PCs it can be only members of a story, but you really, really need to be able to trans mobs. This is one thing I inevitably end up sweating over and the major reason I've needed to use both Player and a ST to run scenes (since the ST can't trans mobs in and out but Player can mload them in the right rooms, but can't switch into them unless Player has their own ST.)

Leech

Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:41 pm

100 times yes. STPs are crazy hard to run right now withoutwading through a lot of complication. This would def cut that down.
Player of: Alexander ab Courtland

Inertia

Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:26 pm

Anything that makes it easier for a player to entertain his fellows, I'm generally behind.

All of the suggestions made here seem reasonable to me and not particularly abusable, and the greater autonomy it allows ST runners, in my mind, would take a lot of extra work and frustration off both players' and staff's plates.

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:33 am

I'm not actually all that worried about abuse - I figure if people abuse, players will let us know.

No issue with these, honestly. Also need to get load going.

• Information