Rumors/IP

Ideas that have been discussed, approved, and are awaiting implementation.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Zeita

Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:52 pm

There are times in a rumor's life where I -really- want to jump back in with an additional comment on a rumor, but that isn't possible under the current setup. However, I had the idea that perhaps if we pay an IP (or 2 or whatever), it will allow us to get involved in a given rumor again.

Dice

Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:07 am

I would love this. Sometimes rumors just get away from you. I'm also fine if your 2nd comment can't quash or promote, just add to the dialogue (in case that's a concern).

Applesauce

Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:55 am

I like that, you can comment more than once, but only your first reply affects the spread or whatever.

Inertia

Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:01 pm

I've run into this same problem often and while I definitely like the idea of having the chance to respond to comments on a rumor I start, I also understand the need to limit how much you can participate on a rumor. Maybe being able to respond -once-, appending to your initial comment, could be helpful, though if everyone can do it I think we'd just end up with the same issue of having just one more thing to say.

I support the idea of having one extra chance to respond to a rumor, likely appended to your original comment to make it clear that it's the same source, definitely not earning you any extra IP and probably costing you some. But if it can't be put in for whatever reason, remember that you still have the option of asking friends to weigh in on your behalf. It doesn't cost you IP that way, potentially earns them some, and presents a good opportunity for discussing the rumors with other PCs versus letting the whole thing play out 'safely' through the rumor mill.

Leech

Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:59 pm

Why not make this a bard only thing? If you think about it it's actually super useful and powerful.
Player of: Alexander ab Courtland

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:27 am

On the bug board for implementation:

[ #90 ] Bugs Board
A note has been posted by: Kinaed
From room : 97
In subject of: Rumor Promote & Quash, multiple entries (Edited by Kinaed)
Date : Fri Dec 26 09:20:19 2014
Expires : Wed Sep 20 10:20:36 2017
To : Azarial staff

$n spends 3 influence to <promote/quash> the rumor further.

If the player does not have 3 IP, error:

It costs 3 IP to <promote/quash> a rumor $n has already replied to.

Please reduce this cost for Troubadours to 1 IP.

• Information