BuilderBOT for STs?

Ideas that have been discussed, approved, and are awaiting implementation.

Moderators: Maeve, Maeve

Dice

Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:47 pm

So Orlando brought this up the other day in passing and the more I thought about it, the more I liked it.

We have the player builder bot, which has limited staff permissions, for PCs to build. Why not a player ST bot? A PC that has permissions solely to edit one area of the game, an area intended for ST stuff, but cannot have access to other staffer commands like mwhere, master list, etc. I'm not sure to what extent ALL of the relevant permissions are customizable, but if so... in a stroke we could potentially add a lot of functionality to STing without requiring a ton of code.

Other advantages:
1) Allows for anonymous STing if desired;
2) Lets players run ST plots without staffers because they can load their own mobs
3) Decreased staffer work; players can build their own mobs off templates staff load into the area

Kinaed
Discord Handle: ParaVox3#7579

Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:24 pm

I've already thought of this, and I'm not against it. There are a few niceties we need to look at, but it's certainly doable.

Dice

Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:39 pm

Full disclosure, I'm planning on running at least one ST soon and possibly more - I see it as a fun thing to do with the Regency. But at least for me as a potential ST, having these added powers to tweak/load mobs/build a room or two makes STing SO much more appealing!

• Information